Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 12:59   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Haven't been able to locate Bosch Clear Advantage or Hella Dynaedge/Curvo in Mumbai shops. No one seems to be stocking them now. Need a set for a 2012 Honda City (24", 14"). Anyone know where these may be available in Mumbai? Online would also work, but all of the usual suspects are saying out of stock!
You will get them at opera house for sure.
straight6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 14:01   #1052
BHPian

My wiper blades for my Fabia(Aero blades) are due for replacement before the rains set in.
What would be a good replacement for the OEM ones. Could anyone please pass on the dimensions too?
Old 17th June 2016, 17:10   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just received the package of wipers from Industry Buying.com

Attachment 1477285
Hi Anurag, I am planning to order a set of Hella Curvo for my Passat. I know that the default attachment (hook type) that comes with this wiper does not work on my car. (It is push type)

My question to you is that did your packaging contain multiple connector attachments to make this wiper universal. TIA!
Old 19th June 2016, 06:55   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Just received the package of wipers from Industry Buying.com

I had placed order for Hella Curvo for my car - Maruti Swift ZDi.

Driver Side: 21 inch - Rs 410
Passenger Side: 19 inch - Rs 392

I'm getting a bit confused on their site. Do you order a set or wipers or do you order left and right side separately? I'm not finding and options for the left and right side wipers.
A little help here.
Old 19th June 2016, 08:07   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hi Anurag, I am planning to order a set of Hella Curvo for my Passat. I know that the default attachment (hook type) that comes with this wiper does not work on my car. (It is push type)

My question to you is that did your packaging contain multiple connector attachments to make this wiper universal. TIA!
I ordered a pair of Curvo's off Amazon for my Fabia which has the same type as your Passat as the description mentioned its a fit for the Fabia.
Post receipt of the wipers, I realized they were compatible only with the normal J-hook type even though they had provided an adapter like thingy which still didn't suit the push type. Thankfully I returned it and Amazon was prompt in the refund.
I ll probably check in Jc road in Bangalore for suitable blades.
Old 19th June 2016, 09:14   #1056
BHPian

I am looking for Hella Curvo for Swift. From past 15 days they are not available online ( Amazon, Snapdeal etc.) Any idea who stocks them in east Bangalore, Indiranagar~ Whitefield area?
Old 19th June 2016, 12:29   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Got a Bosch clear advantage for a close friend of mine for his Swift Dzire last month. Clear Advantage from Bosch is now imported from China and marketed in India rather than Germany which was until last year. Was surprised to see the new white packaging unlike the grey and yellow. On further checking found this change.

Hope this is not like other similar Chinese products.
Old 20th June 2016, 19:47   #1058
BHPian

Which is the best wiper blade for Ertiga. I am inclined to pick the Aero Twin from Bosch but don't see Ertiga listed in the vehicle list.

Kindly suggest.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 17:20   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Which is the best wiper blade for Ertiga. I am inclined to pick the Aero Twin from Bosch but don't see Ertiga listed in the vehicle list.

Kindly suggest.
Go for the Bosch Clear Advantage wiper blades. Aerotwin are not compatible with the Indian car models and premature failures have been reported. Or get a Eco and keep changing it on the onset of rainy season. Cheap on the pocket and lasts the season.
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:05   #1060
BHPian

Just got to know that there is a new Taiwanese brand called Unipoint selling wipers in India.

I am trying out their 22" frameless flat blades as a replacement for the current Hella Curvos on ym Ford Ecosport.

Have ordered them from Automotive Soul (MGA Creations) I should get them in a week.
Old 22nd June 2016, 16:04   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I'm getting a bit confused on their site. Do you order a set or wipers or do you order left and right side separately? I'm not finding and options for the left and right side wipers.
A little help here.
You need to order the wipers seperately. They do not come in a set.
Refer to the earlier post in this thread (#1042) by A4Anurag.

I dropped the idea of buying from www.industrybuying.com based on the above understanding.

Last edited by goswami.j : 22nd June 2016 at 16:06. Reason: added hyperlink
goswami.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:43   #1062
Senior - BHPian

I just changed wiper blades of my spark (14" and 22") to Bosch ECO - Made in China and marketed by Bosch India . Got it from a local accessory shop and Paid 360/- . Also added Rain-X washer fluid additives.

Let me see how it performs.

I tried Bosch, Hella and Syndicate wiper blades in the past and found all are more or less same when it comes to quality and performance.
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:51   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I ordered a pair of Curvo's off Amazon for my Fabia which has the same type as your Passat as the description mentioned its a fit for the Fabia.
Post receipt of the wipers, I realized they were compatible only with the normal J-hook type even though they had provided an adapter like thingy which still didn't suit the push type. Thankfully I returned it and Amazon was prompt in the refund.
I ll probably check in Jc road in Bangalore for suitable blades.
Thanks for the response. I was pretty sure that the curvo wont work on my car. You confirmed it so thanks

I have ordered the Hella Dyna Blade wipers (They go by the name Hella European wiper blades) on industry buying. They are compatible with our cars. You should go ahead and buy them or wait for a few days as mine are in transit. Will report back once they arrive.
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:58   #1064
Senior - BHPian

People who are buying online - how do you ensure that the shipment is a new one and not 'Old Stock'? I recently bought wipers for my Alto from a shop, and he gave me a one year old piece first. When I asked for newer stock, he gave me a 2 months old piece. How do you ensure this when you order online?

PS: Based on personal experience, a one year old wiper blade would be so brittle that it would not be able to wipe clean
Old 22nd June 2016, 18:36   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I tried Bosch, Hella and Syndicate wiper blades ;all are more or less same when it comes to quality and performance.
Agree with you on this.

These makes last just one monsoon ; or maybe half

The subtle difference is that Bosch rubber will never tear while Syndicate will.

The best blades I have used till date are rain-X ; sourced from the UAE.

Last edited by vigsom : 22nd June 2016 at 18:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks