Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 22:08   #991
BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Glad to see a thread that has almost become dedicated to wipers.

I have a few queries before which I'll give a slight background. My car was parked out in the open and a few children playing nearby decided to play with the wiper. Result: the passenger side wiper is broken and kept inside the car now.

Here is a pic showing the damage which is marked in the oval.
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20150814_212240878.jpg

As you can see, replacing the wiper is not a solution since the base stand is damaged. What are the possible solutions here?

Last edited by ameyawaghmare : 14th August 2015 at 22:09. Reason: incorrect info
Old 14th August 2015, 22:30   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
As you can see, replacing the wiper is not a solution since the base stand is damaged. What are the possible solutions here?
Buy a new Wiper Arm LH from FASS or 99RPM, cost Rs 830 :

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/wiper-system-linea.html

I'm 99% sure Puntos and Lineas have the same wiper arms. You can change it yourself if you want to save on labour cost, you need to have a 13 size ring spanner to undo the nut holding the wiper arm. Remove the nut and pull off the old wiper arm, put in the new one and attach the wiper blade to it.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 14th August 2015 at 22:32.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:39   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Buy a new Wiper Arm LH from FASS or 99RPM, cost Rs 830 :

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/wiper-system-linea.html

I'm 99% sure Puntos and Lineas have the same wiper arms. You can change it yourself if you want to save on labour cost, you need to have a 13 size ring spanner to undo the nut holding the wiper arm. Remove the nut and pull off the old wiper arm, put in the new one and attach the wiper blade to it.
Thanks for the prompt response, as well as the website for getting OEM stuff. I will try doing the DIY stuff once on the driver side wiper which is working fine. If it works out fine, then I'll go ahead with the rest of the procedure!

In any case, the squeaky sound had started with my wiper blades this monsoon. What would be your recommendation for change of wiper blades considering Fiat Punto? I see mixed reviews of Bosch all over till now.

Last edited by ameyawaghmare : 14th August 2015 at 22:41. Reason: addition of information
Old 14th August 2015, 22:48   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In any case, the squeaky sound had started with my wiper blades this monsoon. What would be your recommendation for change of wiper blades considering Fiat Punto? I see mixed reviews of Bosch all over till now.
Unfortunately aftermarket wipers don't fit the Punto or Linea, they have a different adapter apart from the universal U clamp found on almost all cars/aftermarket wiper blades.

The Sparco kit had an adapter that worked for the Punto, or so I heard. You may want to check them if you want to get aftermarket blades, do not trust online sales websites when they tell you they're selling wipers for Punto, they just wont fit.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 19:26   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately aftermarket wipers don't fit the Punto or Linea, they have a different adapter apart from the universal U clamp found on almost all cars/aftermarket wiper blades.

The Sparco kit had an adapter that worked for the Punto, or so I heard. You may want to check them if you want to get aftermarket blades, do not trust online sales websites when they tell you they're selling wipers for Punto, they just wont fit.
And there is no 13 size ring spanner with me! Anyways, the search for a tool kit would soon begin to get into DIY soon enough. For the arm, I am depending on the ASC.

For wiper blades, I would prefer to depend on the ASC again. As you had rightly said, there are no wiper blades for Fiat Punto/Lineas due to the adapter issues. The only relevant one that I could find was here . The only comment found on the page clears all doubts!
Old 17th August 2015, 20:26   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And there is no 13 size ring spanner with me! Anyways, the search for a tool kit would soon begin to get into DIY soon enough. For the arm, I am depending on the ASC.

For wiper blades, I would prefer to depend on the ASC again. As you had rightly said, there are no wiper blades for Fiat Punto/Lineas due to the adapter issues. The only relevant one that I could find was here . The only comment found on the page clears all doubts!
If you go to a FASS and buy blades+arm from them, they might change the arm for free out of goodwill Its no complicated task anyway and they just might do it.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 17:06   #997
BHPian

Where to buy Bosch Clear advantage in cochin

Hi guys, I own a VW Polo and most of you may already know that Polo has terrible wipers. I managed to run with it for last 8 months. However, now the fogging effect is worse. Planning to switch to Bosch wipers and I believe clear advantage is a good option. I searched online and found only the Bosch ECO in matching size available (600mm/400mm) and clear advantage is out of stock in all websites. Does anyone know where I can buy Bosch Clear Advantage in Cochin? Please share if you know any recommended places. Also, the price of clear advantage is almost twice of ECO. Does it offer superior performance (Other than better aesthetics of course) .

Also what is the size of rear wiper of VW Polo. Please share the info if you are aware of it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 31st August 2015, 23:47   #998
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered a set of Autofurnish Frameless wipers from PayTM few days back, the price was 299 and with 40% cashback, it cost me Rs 180 including shipping.
I changed the wipers on superb to bosch eco-drive ones for time being (normal ones) as I could not find the hella dynaedge or bosch clear-advantage, But I am not at all happy with the looks of it and they are already making noise

So thought of trying either the autofurnish (from PayTM) or the GM (from autotrends.in). Since you have used them both, would like to hear about your experience with them. The locking mechanism is hook-type so fitting shouldn't be an issue

PS: Local skoda dealer want INR 4000 for wipers and that too he can't guarantee if he can get the exact original one (mine is a first gen superb)

Regards,
Harsha
Old 1st September 2015, 01:02   #999
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for wiper blades for Fiat Linea. But I am unable to find the size too.
Can someone share me the right size and availabilities in online.
99rpm has listed the
for 1400 bucks.
Old 1st September 2015, 14:14   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
So thought of trying either the autofurnish (from PayTM) or the GM (from autotrends.in). Since you have used them both, would like to hear about your experience with them.
Both wipers are 100% same except for packing. Just choose the cheapest of the lot.

Although the wipers are cheap, I dont expect them to last beyond 6-9 months. I rather keep changing blades every 6 months with inexpensive ones rather than deal with expensive blades and changing after 2 years or so.
Old 1st September 2015, 15:51   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Both wipers are 100% same except for packing. Just choose the cheapest of the lot.

Although the wipers are cheap, I dont expect them to last beyond 6-9 months. I rather keep changing blades every 6 months with inexpensive ones rather than deal with expensive blades and changing after 2 years or so.

Thanks for that, will be ordering autofurnish from Paytm. I will be very happy even if the wipers last 6 months without any problems like streaking/making sounds..etc
Old 5th October 2015, 15:59   #1002
BHPian

Anyone sure of the size on the Skoda Rapid?
Old 5th October 2015, 16:29   #1003
BHPian

I am NOT 100% sure of the following but amazon/ flipkart show the following sizes.

Skoda Rapid (D)20 Inch (P)18 Inch

Thanks,
Shailesh.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:10   #1004
BHPian

My Grand i10's wipers are making a huge ruckus on operation, loud squeaky noises and not wiping well, leaving a hazy effect on the windscreen at every wipe.

The same is the case with the rear wiper as well. Can someone please help me with the exact sizes of the front and rear wipers for Grand i10 and also which brand to go for, as the OEM ones are very bad.

There are a lot of options on Amazon and Auto Trends but I can't order a set without knowing the exact size. Most webpages give the size of i10, I'm not sure if the Grand i10 has the exact same wiper sizes.

Cheers,
Parth
Old 7th October 2015, 12:44   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Anyone sure of the size on the Skoda Rapid?
From what I recollect the sizes are 24" for Drivers side and 16" for Passengers side. Hope this helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks