Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:27   #976
BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Had changed my locally sourced wipers about two months ago to BOSCH ECO from Amazon. Very dissatisfied with them. They squeak and leave streaks. Thinking of replacing them with locally made ones or minda
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:31   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

EDIT:As per the details from Amazon posted by @a4anurag here Polo also has 21" (Dr) and 19" (Pr) size blades which is same as Swift/Dzire (old)
This list is going to create lot of issues for the forum readers. The information is wrong for many vehicles. Please note Polo blades are 24" D and 16"P.

Please don't buy Hella dynaedge for polo. These kind of wipers are not suited for Indian conditions. I had terrible experience with them. The best option is to go for normal wipers and change them every year.
poloman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 19:04   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
This list is going to create lot of issues for the forum readers. The information is wrong for many vehicles.
#11 is wrong too. It should be...

11) 3 397 001 793 -- 24"/16" -- Siena, Palio, Indica (new)
Old 30th June 2015, 22:27   #979
Team-BHP Support

Was looking at replacing the rear wiper blade of Ecosport. It's working fine but wanted the sleeker frameless one. Since the rear wiper is less used I took a risk and got the GM wiper. The usage is once in a while so worth it to see.

They are really cheap at 200 bucks for 12". The same Hella DynaEdge was 500 bucks.

http://www.autotrends.in/universal-p...n-rear-12.html

If they last me this year it's enough. If they are really bad then I'll get the Dynaedge next year.
Old 30th June 2015, 22:59   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If they last me this year it's enough. If they are really bad then I'll get the Dynaedge next year.
These are the same I'm using in the Ertiga and WagonR since at least 3 years. The WagonR is running on the second set.

They work flawlessly for the price offered. Recently one of the wiper in the Ertiga conked as the rubber came off the body and I had to replace them with the MGP wipers due to daily rains and urgency.

With the 12 Inch one for the rear and the limited use, I am more than sure you should not face any issue in terms of its effectiveness and longevity.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 23:29   #981
BHPian

So i have using Bosch Eco wiper blades on i20 for past one year. As my car is always parked outside, so i guess the wipers degraded in the sunlight. They had really started streaking and squeaking.
So i ordered Bosch Clear advantage. Will get them in 1 week and i will post a review after i get them. Meanwhile does anyone has any experience using Bosch Clear advantage?

Last edited by D4d-maniac : 30th June 2015 at 23:43.
Old 1st July 2015, 01:49   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Was looking at replacing the rear wiper blade of Ecosport. It's working fine but wanted the sleeker frameless one. Since the rear wiper is less used I took a risk and got the GM wiper. The usage is once in a while so worth it to see.

They are really cheap at 200 bucks for 12". The same Hella DynaEdge was 500 bucks.

http://www.autotrends.in/universal-p...n-rear-12.html

Vid, They work well!
I had them on my figo. Lasted well for over 18-20 months.

Check Snapdeal. You will get a set of them for 299Rs.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:05   #983
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
So i ordered Bosch Clear advantage. Will get them in 1 week and i will post a review after i get them.
Where did you find and order them ? Clear Advantage is not available in most online sites and dealers in Bangalore, hence the question
Old 1st July 2015, 10:21   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Where did you find and order them ? Clear Advantage is not available in most online sites and dealers in Bangalore, hence the question
Got them on flipkart.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:56   #985
BHPian

So I got the Bosch CA. Unpacked it and installed it. A 5 minute job. So initial impressions, it does a great job. No streaks. Posting the pics. Will post the review after I drive in the rains.
Ps. The packing and delivery was again exceptional.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1436178286244.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1436178311295.jpg  

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1436178335965.jpg  

Old 12th July 2015, 16:14   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

My Laura's OE wipers have lasted 4 years. They are still in good condition but offlate noticed a few streaks so decided to replace them.

Checked online and found Bosch Clear advantage listed on Flipkart as wipers for the Xylo in the same size. Looks like Laura and Zylo share the same size : 24"/19". Received the set today and installed it in less than 2 minutes. The size is a perfect fit. Total cost Rs. 980.00 including delivery. The OE wipers were of top quality, but Skoda A.S.S also charges a bomb for the same. Will update how the Bosch Clear advantage stands up to the OE wipers
Old 12th July 2015, 17:23   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
My Laura's OE wipers have lasted 4 years. They are still in good condition but offlate noticed a few streaks so decided to replace them.

Checked online and found Bosch Clear advantage listed on Flipkart as wipers for the Xylo in the same size. Looks like Laura and Zylo share the same size : 24"/19". Received the set today and installed it in less than 2 minutes. The size is a perfect fit. Total cost Rs. 980.00 including delivery. The OE wipers were of top quality, but Skoda A.S.S also charges a bomb for the same. Will update how the Bosch Clear advantage stands up to the OE wipers

So it does last that long. My OE blades on Yeti lasted 4.5 years and was not in poor condition. Sweep was clean but just the thought that wiper blades are from delivery (4.5 years old) and with long trips coming up, didn't want to take a chance this monsoon. Tried to source Bosch Aerotwin but was not available. Finally got a set from Skoda itself. That is priced at ₹2400 a set. Installation was a 2 min job.
Old 19th July 2015, 02:01   #988
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a set of Autofurnish Frameless wipers from PayTM few days back, the price was 299 and with 40% cashback, it cost me Rs 180 including shipping.

The package:

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20150718_182445001.jpg

Comparision of GM wipers and Autofurnish wipers. Absolutely no difference, even the letter markings are the same. Same situation with Minda frameless wipers too

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-img_20150718_182718001.jpg

They wipe excellent. No Streak marks whatsoever.

These probably will remain streak free for say, 6 months? I prefer changing wiper blades often than spending a lot on a single set and keeping them for a long time, even after the rubber hardens and begins to scratch the glass surface
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 22:03   #989
BHPian

I always knew that the aero twins were not worth the price. However, gave into temptation 2 months back. The OEM wipers on my Vento did really well for 2 years. Outside of the looks, the aero twins are horrible. Regret it big time. Is clear advantage any better? If not, I will probable switch back to the conventional ones.
Old 29th July 2015, 17:06   #990
BHPian

Hello BHPians

Would anyone have a set of USED wipers for Jetta/ Passat? I just need the plastic part which click-fits into the wiper arm.

Actually, I ordered a set off Amazon US and got a set which I guess is for the left hand drive vehicles - the diagonal base is on the opposite side and hence doesn't fit my present holder.

I figured that the contraption can taken out from the hinge and replaced and hence the request - I can arrange to have it picked up from anywhere in Mumbai/ Thane if someone has it. Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-483457_x800.jpg  

Last edited by aghosht : 29th July 2015 at 17:08. Reason: clarification

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks