Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 18:27   #961
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm looking for Bosch Clear Advantage or Aerotwin blades for Swift Dzire (21", 19"). I could not find these online (snapdeal says sold out, others don't have them for the Swift) so I guess I will have to visit the Bosch dealers, maybe Vikas Trade Links / Marudhar automobiles on JC Road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Do not use the aerotwin on Indian made windshield. The aerotwin clears the rain during its initial life but degrades rapidly. I have also seen similar stories in the thread here. It is due to hydrophobia, a phenomenon which accumulates water in droplets instead of flowing down or breaking into smaller fragments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Super. I remember calling Bosch directly last year and spoke to the regional sales manager on this topic. He did admit that they are running out of stocks and are planning to provide more of these in the market. I am sure someone got to be stocking them!

@NPV, in case you find them please ping me.
Called both Vikas Trade links and Marudhar automobiles today to ask if they have the Bosch Clear Advantage wiper blades, disappointing results

Vikas - No stock of these blades in the last 2 years!
Marudhar - We only deal with 2 wheeler parts, nothing related to 4 wheelers (they're listed as Authorized Dealer in Bosch India website!)

Last edited by NPV : 17th June 2015 at 18:28.
Old 17th June 2015, 22:18   #962
BHPian

Since last week I am searching for bosh clear advantage in Cochin but till now haven't find one.
speedgun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 23:54   #963
Senior - BHPian

which is the best wiper for Honda civic ? Stock wipers (1200 Rs set) , Bosh Aerotwin or Bosh clear advanatage( not available for civic I think ). Any other recommended wipers ?
Old 18th June 2015, 21:35   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
which is the best wiper for Honda civic ? Stock wipers (1200 Rs set) , Bosh Aerotwin or Bosh clear advanatage( not available for civic I think ). Any other recommended wipers ?
Try the Hella Dynaedge. The Curvo is the new one but available in only few sizes.
Old 18th June 2015, 21:46   #965
Team-BHP Support

Ordered Rain-X wipers from Amazon US for my Yeti. The Rain X latitude were apparently rated the best in many comparisons. They were about $46 shipped here which is cheaper than what I would pay at Skoda, and they have all possible adapters to attach to any car. Will update here once I get them, hopefully the performance will be worth it.
Old 20th June 2015, 09:47   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
Since last week I am searching for bosh clear advantage in Cochin but till now haven't find one.
I too have searched the length of Kochi. Nobody seems to stock the better ones(dynaedge, aerotwin/clear-advt). settled for a regular Bosch eco-series wipers for my drive(Rs 380/-).

http://in.bosch-automotive.com/en/pa..._wiper_blade_3
Old 20th June 2015, 16:48   #967
BHPian

Even I too lost hope and bought bosh eco for same price.
speedgun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 00:57   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Called both Vikas Trade links and Marudhar automobiles today to ask if they have the Bosch Clear Advantage wiper blades, disappointing results

Vikas - No stock of these blades in the last 2 years!
Marudhar - We only deal with 2 wheeler parts, nothing related to 4 wheelers (they're listed as Authorized Dealer in Bosch India website!)
Same here. Called all Bosch service workshops nearby,and no luck. Nobody seems to have stock of clear advantage or aerotwins.

I settled for Minda premium wiper blades for now since I needed it for my journey. They're pretty good for the 400 bucks I paid for it.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 08:59   #969
BHPian

Which wiper from BOSCH would be suitable for my POLO GT Tdi (New)?. The OEM wipers are making a Grrr Grrr sound while in operation.
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:37   #970
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Nobody seems to have stock of clear advantage or aerotwins.
I settled for Minda premium wiper blades for now since I needed it for my journey. They're pretty good for the 400 bucks I paid for it.
As per @unk9ja, Aerotwins are not good for our Indian cars, they are primarily for German market. Anyways, they aren't also available here just like Clear Advantage!
Are the Minda blades better than Syndicate which is the most common OEM brand ? Which car do you have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Rider View Post
Which wiper from BOSCH would be suitable for my POLO GT Tdi (New)?. The OEM wipers are making a Grrr Grrr sound while in operation.
Since the Clear Advantage series wiper blades are not available look for Bosch Eco (there was an earlier post in this same thread which listed the blade sizes for various cars, see if Polo is listed there). If Bosch doesn't make them for Polo you can look for Syndicate which is one of the most common OEM brands, Minda or Hella.

EDIT:As per the details from Amazon posted by @a4anurag here Polo also has 21" (Dr) and 19" (Pr) size blades which is same as Swift/Dzire (old)

Last edited by NPV : 22nd June 2015 at 09:43.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 09:55   #971
BHPian

List of available Bosch wiper blades! Have a safe monsoon drive!

Has anyone replaced their Skoda Yeti wipers with Bosch Aerotwin A980S? Any review, cost & availability details? I have got in touch with a local vendor and asked for details. Awaiting his reply. Meanwhile, thought I'll ask if Yeti owners on the forum has anything to comment on this product. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd June 2015, 11:23   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

I plonked Aerotwins on the Fiesta, and on the Tucson. I was dissappointed by the fiesta experience , was a waste of money, and they went streaky in about 4-5 months.I tried them again in the Tucson years later, and after one rainy season, they had to be replaced again a couple of weeks back. I tried some local brand on the fiesta, R10, and they lasted for a good number of trips for 600 bucks.

Anyway, last week, both cars went for a general checkup and cleaning and the mechanic replaced them with the same bendy type wipers, for 400 bucks. Theyre holding well so far. I had actually asked him to put in the normal syndicate ones, but he took "initiative" and plonked these in, saying its more or less the same price!!Anyway.....

The problem with having the Bosch was that with the insane amounts of dust, and the crippling heat, the straight imports just dont survive season to season. ALthough not expensive, its annoying to change them every year. Some of yours may have lasted, but based on my own experience in delhi/ncr, and others who have open parking, I don't suggest putting down so much money on these. One guy I know wanted these ONLY because "They look cool when the cleaner puts them up in the morning".
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:55   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per @unk9ja, Aerotwins are not good for our Indian cars, they are primarily for German market. Anyways, they aren't also available here just like Clear Advantage!
Are the Minda blades better than Syndicate which is the most common OEM brand ? Which car do you have ?
I've had it only for a few days now so can't comment on reliability,however it cleans the windshield well. At 400 bucks will be happy if it lasts one monsoon
I have a New Swift which takes 22" and 20" on each side
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:59   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw the Minda blade last week; they look 100% same as the GM wipers sold at AutoTrends for 299 shipped.

The GM wipers seemed good, but 3 weeks ago I had to use them for an hour continuously and they started jumping and chattering all around. Rest the wipers for 10 minutes and they'd function normally for 2-3 minutes before starting to jump and chatter.

In yesterday's rain, they started streaking badly. This time I'll try the Hella Dynaedge wipers.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:12   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Update on the Bosch wipers: Spoke to a colleague in sales and he admitted the short supply in the market. Fresh stocks would arrive by first week of July and would be on shelves by mid July. But be warned, this stock would be depleted in no time as lot of demand is seen. Also the fresh stocks would be in single packs and needs to be bought keeping your wiper length in mind. Combo packs are not in pipeline in the near future supplies.

black12rr: Civic blades are available in United Motors, Rajajinagar. These are Aerotwin in 22/26 size ending with part number 402.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks