Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2015, 17:13   #946
BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

For the records, I bought a pair of bosch wiper blades for my innova (2007) today. They measure 24"/16", the product code is 3 397 010 057. I paid Rs 350 for the pair. The shop was Waterloo motors, Tilak Road, Pune.

The product catalog also listed Aerotwin and Clear Advantage ranges, but none of them were available in the 24"/16" size.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd May 2015, 12:19   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Can you provide directions to the Bosch outlet? I need to change my wiper blades. Do you know where the nearest Bosch outlet in Hyderabad would be from Lingampalli/Chandanagar?

I know of only one that is on RP Road, near Arya Samaj/ Bible House, Secunderabad. Not sure of others.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 21:26   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I know of only one that is on RP Road, near Arya Samaj/ Bible House, Secunderabad. Not sure of others.
The wipers are now available in Amazon. You can check them here.
satan's_valet is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 23:08   #949
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know the size of the blades for a 2010 Fiat Punto?
Old 9th June 2015, 23:16   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Does anyone know the size of the blades for a 2010 Fiat Punto?
I'm not aware of the size but there are no aftermarket options for Punto/Linea. They have a different adapter for the wiper blades and not the same as the U mount used in most cars.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 08:39   #951
BANNED

I know posting here on this thread will be OT but I feel it best here as the traffic on this thread is high enough for all to view, read and understand.

I was looking for replacement of wipers for my Swift so went shopping on Amazon.com where I noticed a link mentioning the guide for the wipers and how to change.

Quite good initiative by Amazon to help and spread awareness and the importance of wiper blades.

Here is the guide:

Taken the screen shot and posting here for easy reading and links to direct website.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-1.-wiper.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-2.-wiper.jpg

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-3.-wiper.jpg

SOURCE:

Wiper Blades - Guide

Replacing the Wiper Blades

PS: I have no connection/affiliation with Amazon or their sellers. I have just put this for spreading the knowledge. Thanks.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th June 2015 at 08:54.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 15:22   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Here is the guide:

@Anurag, thanks for sharing. However, the wiper sizes are not accurate. e.g. Innova's Driver-side wiper size is mentioned as 16", it should be 24"....
Old 15th June 2015, 21:29   #953
BHPian

The Polo passenger side should be 16" and not 19" as stated. The VW Vento has the correct size ! Amazon should take a bit more effort to improve the accuracy of the information
Old 15th June 2015, 23:19   #954
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
@Anurag, thanks for sharing. However, the wiper sizes are not accurate. e.g. Innova's Driver-side wiper size is mentioned as 16", it should be 24".
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
The Polo passenger side should be 16" and not 19" as stated. The VW Vento has the correct size ! Amazon should take a bit more effort to improve the accuracy of the information
I have emailed the same to Amazon just to see if they are enthusiastic and do read our mails sent to them.

Lets see if the figures change and get updated.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th June 2015 at 23:22.
Old 16th June 2015, 11:53   #955
BHPian

Are aerotwin blades (the flat type) available for the FIGO? and if yes where in Bangalore, any pointers please?
Old 16th June 2015, 12:00   #956
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Are aerotwin blades (the flat type) available for the FIGO? and if yes where in Bangalore, any pointers please?
Ok, I have company now, albeit for the Swift
I'm looking for Bosch Clear Advantage or Aerotwin blades for Swift Dzire (21", 19"). I could not find these online (snapdeal says sold out, others don't have them for the Swift) so I guess I will have to visit the Bosch dealers, maybe Vikas Trade Links / Marudhar automobiles on JC Road. Will update you if I go there soon.
Old 16th June 2015, 12:33   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Ok, I have company now, albeit for the Swift
I'm looking for Bosch Clear Advantage or Aerotwin blades for Swift Dzire (21", 19"). I could not find these online (snapdeal says sold out, others don't have them for the Swift) so I guess I will have to visit the Bosch dealers, maybe Vikas Trade Links / Marudhar automobiles on JC Road. Will update you if I go there soon.
Super. I remember calling Bosch directly last year and spoke to the regional sales manager on this topic. He did admit that they are running out of stocks and are planning to provide more of these in the market. I am sure someone got to be stocking them!

@NPV, in case you find them please ping me.
Old 16th June 2015, 14:31   #958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm looking for Bosch Clear Advantage or Aerotwin blades for Swift Dzire (21", 19").
Do not use the aerotwin on Indian made windshield. The aerotwin clears the rain during its initial life but degrades rapidly. I have also seen similar stories in the thread here. It is due to hydrophobia, a phenomenon which accumulates water in droplets instead of flowing down or breaking into smaller fragments.

This is the reason why they came out with clear advantage series. Aerotwin is strongly recommended only for the Germans now. By the way do you want me to wave the magic wand once again for your, NPV Sir.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 14:38   #959
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Do not use the aerotwin on Indian made windshield. The aerotwin clears the rain during its initial life but degrades rapidly. I have also seen similar stories in the thread here. It is due to hydrophobia, a phenomenon which accumulates water in droplets instead of flowing down or breaking into smaller fragments.

This is the reason why they came out with clear advantage series. Aerotwin is strongly recommended only for the Germans now. By the way do you want me to wave the magic wand once again for your, NPV Sir.
Thanks for that piece of great information, the last time (more than 1.5 years ago) I'd called Vikas Trade Links, they mentioned Clear Advantage is available and is the same as Aertowin but I could not accept that, now I know what he really meant
Please use your magic wand sir, a la PC Sar-"Car"
Old 16th June 2015, 14:54   #960
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Where can I buy a rear wiper blade for a Hyundai Grand i10? Cannot seem to find them anywhere online.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks