Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 18:28   #871
Senior - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking to replace the stock wiper blades in my Swift Dzire.
Was planning to get Bosch, need suggestions on - model (Dynaedge, etc), size, approximate price, where to buy in Bangalore. Thanks in advance!
Go for the Aerotwin or the Clear Advantage, a bit pricier but one of the better stuff from Bosch. Vikas Auto Links behind Reddy Buildings off JC road is a good place to get from. Normally keeps all the parts in stock. The shop is parallel to the JC road on the left when you drive, behind the Reddy buildings.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 20:48   #872
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Go for the Aerotwin or the Clear Advantage, a bit pricier but one of the better stuff from Bosch. Vikas Auto Links behind Reddy Buildings off JC road is a good place to get from. Normally keeps all the parts in stock. The shop is parallel to the JC road on the left when you drive, behind the Reddy buildings.
Thanks! Any other brand (Hella Premium/Dynaedge) to consider or just go with the Bosch Aerotwin/Clear Advantage ?
I think the Swift Dzire needs 21" (driver side) and 19" (passenger side) - can someone confirm ?
Old 26th September 2013, 15:53   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Any other brand (Hella Premium/Dynaedge) to consider or just go with the Bosch Aerotwin/Clear Advantage ?
I think the Swift Dzire needs 21" (driver side) and 19" (passenger side) - can someone confirm ?
Have not experienced the Hella, so cannot comment. Presently running the Aero Twin on my Baleno and have faced any issues.
And yes, the specs you have mentioned are correct for the Swift.
Old 27th September 2013, 20:59   #874
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Have not experienced the Hella, so cannot comment. Presently running the Aero Twin on my Baleno and have faced any issues.
And yes, the specs you have mentioned are correct for the Swift.
Thanks! Did you mean the following dealer for Bosch products ? Asking since you had mentioned Vikas Auto Links
Vikas Trade Links - No 4, Kalaspalayam new extension, 4th cross, J C Road, Bangalore

I called them and was told the Aerotwin and ClearAdvantage models are same (is this correct ?) and price is Rs.935 (MRP).
Old 27th September 2013, 21:44   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called them and was told the Aerotwin and ClearAdvantage models are same (is this correct ?) and price is Rs.935 (MRP).
They are similar but not the same. aerotwins costed double; around 1800rs a set.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 19:05   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Did you mean the following dealer for Bosch products ? Asking since you had mentioned Vikas Auto Links
Vikas Trade Links - No 4, Kalaspalayam new extension, 4th cross, J C Road, Bangalore

The address is Bang on. The Clear advantage has superceeded the Aerotwin range. Some of the wipers are still available in the Aerotwin range and so the sales continue.
Press them for some discount and you will get to the tune of about 12% on the MRP or just ask if they have any employee discount schemes.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 21:57   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
22/16. HTH
Hello Gurus,

Can anyone please let help me with the wiper size and model for Tata Indica Vista.

I'm looking for a replacement, the stock wipers have got worn out.

Thanks,

Regards,
Kaushibeta
Old 16th November 2013, 18:55   #878
RSR
Senior - BHPian

With the NE monsoon intensifying, a clear windshield has become an absolute must. The OEM wiper blades on dad's i10 had reached the end of their service life. They are of KCW make (a South Korean supplier for Hyundai and Kia) and are of excellent quality. But four hot Chennai summers had taken their toll on the rubber, and they began to streak and leave tiny droplets behind. 4+ years is more than what one could expect of a set of good blades.

I replaced them with a pair of Bosch ECO wiper blades. ECO is their basic model now, Clear Advantage is the premium type. I had bought them from the Bosch Car Care Centre in Vadapalani for Rs. 344 per pair. They come packaged together in 22" & 16" (550mm & 400mm) for some Hyundai, Ford and Chevrolet cars. These are made in China by Bosch, also imported & distributed by them here. To avoid fakes, it's best to buy them from Bosch distributors/retailers listed on their website, or from Bosch Car Care multi brand service centres.

First impressions are good. They do a fine job of keeping the windshield completely clear in rain or shine (windshield washer use), touchwood. Their longevity remains to be seen, though. I think 2.5 - 3 years is the most one can expect of these blades, given their reasonable pricing.

Overall, the Bosch ECO does its wiping duties in a good, fuss-free manner. It gets a thumbs up for Bosch from me

Last edited by RSR : 16th November 2013 at 19:12.
Old 24th January 2014, 15:58   #879
BHPian

Guys, does anyone out there know the dimensions of the wiper blades for the new Wagon R (2012 model) ? All over the internet, it says 18"(D) and 16"(P) for Wagon R, but it is not specified whether it is for the newer Wagon R or the older model.I believe the newer model has a slightly bigger windshield than the older one. I could not find the size mentioned in the manual as well so am confused.
Though I bought a 18"/16" pair today but am hesitating to open it before confirmation from someone who knows so that I can get it exchanged if the size is indeed incorrect.

P.S. : This link : http://shop.cardekho.com/wiper-blade...sal~16741.html says that the size for new WagonR is 20"/16". Is this link credible?
Old 24th January 2014, 17:19   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwidFE View Post
Guys, does anyone out there know the dimensions of the wiper blades for the new Wagon R (2012 model) ? All over the internet, it says 18"(D) and 16"(P) for Wagon R, but it is not specified whether it is for the newer Wagon R or the older model.I believe the newer model has a slightly bigger windshield than the older one. I could not find the size mentioned in the manual as well so am confused.
Though I bought a 18"/16" pair today but am hesitating to open it before confirmation from someone who knows so that I can get it exchanged if the size is indeed incorrect.

P.S. : This link : http://shop.cardekho.com/wiper-blade...sal~16741.html says that the size for new WagonR is 20"/16". Is this link credible?
Why don't you take a scale or a tape and measure it yourself to be sure? It cant be difficult right
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 17:39   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Why don't you take a scale or a tape and measure it yourself to be sure? It cant be difficult right

Yeah. My Bad. Have never been an DIY guy, so.

Just measured them. They are of sizes 20"(D) and 16"(P) (read: got to exchange the 18" one. sigh.)
Old 6th March 2014, 22:23   #882
BANNED

I am looking for a change of blades for my Aria. Measured them, they are 26" / 650mm. BTW, my Nano also has the same blade !

Can someone tell me if the flat blade (frame less) types are available in this size ? The cardekho shop had them listed for the Nano and the ARIA, but did not mention any brand for Rs 299/- each. Are they of good quality ? Has anyone used them ?

http://shop.cardekho.com/car-accesso...tata+aria.html

Thanks in advance.
Sandeep
Old 7th March 2014, 09:59   #883
BHPian

is anything available for teh Duster? the stock ones are terrible and leave streaks.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 07:21   #884
BHPian

We (a group of XUV 500 owners on FB) are trying to replace our stock wipers with Bosch aero twins. However, the bosch dealer we are interacting with says that Bosch hasn't release a product for the XUV yet. He showed me the catalog and this car isn't mentioned.
The wipers measure 26 and 19 respectively. From the first post, the Scorpio, Sumo all use 19 inch wipers. And the Nano/Etios uses a single 26 inch wiper. Not sure why the dealer says 19 inch blades are not available as a set for aero twins. Has anyone else recently installed aero twins for their XUV? Was there a compromise on the size that results in an unwiped patch?
Old 15th June 2014, 09:50   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
We (a group of XUV 500 owners on FB) are trying to replace our stock wipers with Bosch aero twins. However, the bosch dealer we are interacting with says that Bosch hasn't release a product for the XUV yet. He showed me the catalog and this car isn't mentioned.
The wipers measure 26 and 19 respectively. From the first post, the Scorpio, Sumo all use 19 inch wipers. And the Nano/Etios uses a single 26 inch wiper. Not sure why the dealer says 19 inch blades are not available as a set for aero twins. Has anyone else recently installed aero twins for their XUV? Was there a compromise on the size that results in an unwiped patch?
You could ask the dealer to show the pages on which single wipers are mentioned in the catalogue. There are single ones available too. You can pair these up as per your requirement and use.

Most Viewed