Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 21:16   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Guys can someone help me with the wiper blade size for the new swift? My original blades have been making a whoosh whoosh sound and need to change. Maruti is asking for 650 a pair!! Might as well get Bosch/hella

Anyone seen any perceptible difference between the clear advantage and the regular ones? The price difference is almost 2 times!
Check user manual for size .Or Take a tape or scale and measure na ?

Yes. Clear advantage blades are definitely better than normal Bosch blades also.
Old 15th June 2013, 21:41   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Check user manual for size .Or Take a tape or scale and measure na ?

Yes. Clear advantage blades are definitely better than normal Bosch blades also.
Thanks. Will probably end up measuring them. Couldn't find the size on the manual. Some site online said 21" and 19".

Have you been using clear advantage?
Old 15th June 2013, 21:49   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Thanks. Will probably end up measuring them. Couldn't find the size on the manual. Some site online said 21" and 19".

Yes i have switched to clear advantage after using normal bosch blades . I had used 2 pairs of bosch blades. And can easily say that the clear advantage are much better than the normal ones. Worth it !
Old 15th June 2013, 22:06   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I recently bought a set of Hella Dynaedge for my Swift (new model) - D 22", P 17". On the passenger side its better to go for 18" instead of 17".
Old 15th June 2013, 22:09   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

I recently bought a set of Hella Dynaedge for my Swift (new model) - D 22", P 17". On the passenger side its better to go for 18" instead of 17".
Thanks. How much did you pay for them? How's the performance been.

Will 18"" work fine if the original size is 17?
Old 15th June 2013, 22:13   #741
BHPian

Bosch manual given to shop owners says swift wiper size is 21" and 19". Normal wiper set costs Rs290.00. Maruti quoted Rs550 for the"syndicate" wiper set, which is OEM.

Last edited by ontheroad : 15th June 2013 at 22:16.
Old 15th June 2013, 22:29   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. How much did you pay for them? How's the performance been.

Will 18"" work fine if the original size is 17?
I bought them through snapdeal.com paid 1063 COD. 18" will definitely work, i have 17" P blade on now and there is enough clearance on both sides of the blade to easily accommodate another .5 inches on either end (and at the top too). I will go for 18" P blade next time, if you're in doubt you can safely go for 17".

Its been only a week after i got the new blades and the experience so far is positive. Wipes streak free and they're silent than the OE blades.

The new Swift's blades are larger than old Swift's. Don't go smaller than 22" at the D side.

Last edited by Sankar : 15th June 2013 at 22:30.
Old 15th June 2013, 23:32   #743
BHPian

Just got my jetta back from 1st annual service. Wipers start making shuddering noise on the windshield. Instead of gliding smoothly on the windshield they are jumping every 2 centimetres which creates an extremely distracting noise. Can anyone recommend some outlet which stocks genuine Bosch wipers. Are there any other brands which work well with jetta?
Old 16th June 2013, 01:53   #744
BHPian

What is the size of blades I need to get for the civic?
I called the Bosch distributer and he said for civic there is only 1 model available which costa near 2300 which is too expensive for wiperblades me thinks.

Any suggestions?
Old 16th June 2013, 01:54   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I bought them through snapdeal.com paid 1063 COD. 18" will definitely work, i have 17" P blade on now and there is enough clearance on both sides of the blade to easily accommodate another .5 inches on either end (and at the top too). I will go for 18" P blade next time, if you're in doubt you can safely go for 17".

Its been only a week after i got the new blades and the experience so far is positive. Wipes streak free and they're silent than the OE blades.

The new Swift's blades are larger than old Swift's. Don't go smaller than 22" at the D side.
That made me check out the wipers on Snapdeal. They don't seem to have Bosh, but for Maruti Esteem, they have only 1 listing for a brand called G M. Anybody knows how good it is? The sizes mentioned are 20" and 18"

The GM wipers don't seem to have any user reviews on Snapdeal. Not that I'm very trusting of reviews on these sites...

Or can I buy one 20" and one 18" Hella blades separately for the Esteem? Are the connectors of all these blades the same? Also, how do these Hella wipers compare with ordinary/basic Bosch wipers? Dont' want to spend more than about 350; which is what the authorised Bosh dealer in Pune quoted on phone. But getting to the dealer is a problem, since they close at 6 pm. Hence buying online would be a huge convenience for me.

Also, the dealer has blades that are made in 2012... so they are a year or more old. Would that make a difference?

Last edited by Raccoon : 16th June 2013 at 02:03.
Old 16th June 2013, 09:14   #746
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Aero twin is costly and costs more than thousand rupees and is still available . Bosch clear advantage is recent and costs about 800-1000 bucks depending on the size. Much better option IMO.
Any wiper blade (good or mediocre) needs a little bit of care. Very often we ignore this. Wiper blades need proper cleaning from time to time.
A little mixture of glycerin/water wipe will maintain rubber’s suppleness.
Actually we neglect wiper and get worried only during monsoon. Yes I agree, a good wiper is a must but please remember that they need to be looked after too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Trust me, after using them, I can surely say except for looks, they don't offer any significant advantage over standard blades.
I would like to disagree here. Same as I mention above apply here too. When you say “after using them” mention for how long you’ve used them.
Below is my reply posted after buying AEROTWIN during August, 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Few days ago I ordered AEROTWIN for Optra.
I know CAR KEMP (No 17, Subbaiah Circle, Mission Road, Bangalore 560 027. Phone 22291358) as Bosch dealer. Owner told me that they don't stock AEROTWIN as they're way more expensive than the normal wipers.

My wipers came yesterday. 1800/-. Looks good. Couldn't check them out because it didn't rain yesterday.
Blades are working as good as new. Last night I drove back home in torrential Mumbai rain. Had absolutely no problem.
Also, for almost last two years my car is parked in open subject to heat, dust and all.

Spending 1800/- and after 5 years if the blades are still working fine, I surely have a cost advantage.
Old 16th June 2013, 09:31   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Also, for almost last two years my car is parked in open subject to heat, dust and all.

Spending 1800/- and after 5 years if the blades are still working fine, I surely have a cost advantage.
RudraSen, Do you keep the wiper "up" when you park the car in sun. Is the car parked in sun daily?
Old 16th June 2013, 09:38   #748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
RudraSen, Do you keep the wiper "up" when you park the car in sun. Is the car parked in sun daily?
Wiper up means? Not on the glass? No, I don't do that at all.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 10:13   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any wiper blade (good or mediocre) needs a little bit of care. Very often we ignore this. Wiper blades need proper cleaning from time to time.
A little mixture of glycerin/water wipe will maintain rubber’s suppleness.
Actually we neglect wiper and get worried only during monsoon. Yes I agree, a good wiper is a must but please remember that they need to be looked after too.

Blades are working as good as new. Last night I drove back home in torrential Mumbai rain. Had absolutely no problem.

I agree Rudra. But the normal type Bosch wiper used to start streaking just a month into usage. And I clean the wiper blades with damp cloth whenever they are dirty and make it a point to clean them properly every time I wash my car. Even then they never lasted me for more than a year. And since the cost was also around 350 , I was not much bothered about replacing them every year. But I can see noticeable difference in the clear advantage for sure. I am sure I Will use this set for atleast two monsoons.

I have not tried the glycerine in water wipe . What dilution do you use and how often do you do it?
Old 16th June 2013, 10:57   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to disagree here. Same as I mention above apply here too. When you say “after using them” mention for how long you’ve used them.

But I had an altogether different experience, I started getting streak marks on windshield after 6 months of usage,

Then I thought of getting dynaedge from hella, they did good for 8 months, then same issue. Then bought standard wipers from Bosch, still doing great after year of usage, and on other car have Hella standard wipers, doing fine from last 4 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks