Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 21:39   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameervg View Post
I am planning to purchase Bosch wipers for my Dzire and keeping existing in stock to use in winter and summer. Which one I should go for AeroTwin or ClearAdvantage and any idea about the cost ?
Aero twin is costly and costs more than thousand rupees and is still available . Bosch clear advantage is recent and costs about 800-1000 bucks depending on the size. Much better option IMO.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:04   #722
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea where I would be able to source Aerotwins/DynaEdge or ClearAdvantage in Mumbai Suburbs ? I was unable to find them anywhere in Mulund and Thane yesterday. I'm not a fan of ordering online, so AutoFresh is the last option for me.

Looking for 2 pairs, One 21'/19' and one 24'/16'. Have been using Hella standard blades ( ~300Rs a pair ones ) since past year, wanted to try out these top end blades to see what all the fuss is about.

Regards,
SuperBee
Old 10th June 2013, 12:55   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Guys,

Any idea where I would be able to source Aerotwins/DynaEdge or ClearAdvantage in Mumbai Suburbs ? I was unable to find them anywhere in Mulund and Thane yesterday. I'm not a fan of ordering online, so AutoFresh is the last option for me.

Looking for 2 pairs, One 21'/19' and one 24'/16'. Have been using Hella standard blades ( ~300Rs a pair ones ) since past year, wanted to try out these top end blades to see what all the fuss is about.

Regards,
SuperBee
Trust me, after using them, I can surely say except for looks, they don't offer any significant advantage over standard blades.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:49   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I bought the Hella Dynaedge for my Superb from autofresh website(very efficient!) however the damn thing does not fit the Superbs wiper arm pin. What's the solution, is there there a connector pin one can use to make it compatible?
It doesn't even seem to fit my Fortuner even though one blade size is same.
Could you post a pic of both the cars wiper arms here? These wipers fit 95% of the cars.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:14   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Could you post a pic of both the cars wiper arms here? These wipers fit 95% of the cars.
This is the OE Superb's wiper pin. Looks very different from the Hella ones
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-superb-wiper.jpg  

Old 10th June 2013, 17:53   #726
BHPian

Which is the available wiper blade for Honda Civic. It seems Bosch has discontinued Aero twin range. Or what are the other options available
Old 10th June 2013, 20:01   #727
BHPian

Quote:
This is the OE Superb's wiper pin. Looks very different from the Hella ones
This looks like the same type of pin on my Laura.
I didn't know that some wipers were not compatible with this. If someone knows what wiper will fit, please let me know.

It's pouring like crazy in Mumbai and I am handicapped without a clear windscreen.
Old 10th June 2013, 21:04   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
This looks like the same type of pin on my Laura.
I didn't know that some wipers were not compatible with this. If someone knows what wiper will fit, please let me know.

It's pouring like crazy in Mumbai and I am handicapped without a clear windscreen.
Most likely the superb and Laura would have similar blades. I picked up a set from Shetty Motors, Opera house this evening. Syndicate ones for 1100. Will install tomo and inform.
Skoda service center quoted 4500 bucks! Ridiculous!
Old 12th June 2013, 12:42   #729
BHPian

Have the same question as Saurabh. Which is the apt wiper for the Civic from Bosch? I thought the Aerotwins would fit.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:01   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Most likely the superb and Laura would have similar blades. I picked up a set from Shetty Motors, Opera house this evening. Syndicate ones for 1100. Will install tomo and inform.
Could you install it?
Also what do you mean by Syndicate ones? Is Syndicate a brand?
Old 13th June 2013, 00:28   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Could you install it?
Yes, Syndicate is a brand manufacturing wiper blades and are often seen as OE fitment in cars from various manufacturers.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 02:13   #732
Senior - BHPian

Needed to change the 2 - 3 year Bosch wipers on our car; but since I was unable to source Bosch wipers (distance and time issues), decided to settle for buying them from Maruti, as I need to change them urgently. The old Bosch wipers are no longer doing their job, and it has been raining frequently in Poona. What shocked me was the dealer quoted Rs. 650 for the Maruti wipers (which AFAIK uses Syndicate), and the quote from Bosch dealer is about Rs. 350! Approx Rs. 350 is also what I paid 2 - 3 years ago for the Bosch wipers currently on the car.

Are Maruti wipers really priced about double of what Bosch charges?? Sounds absurd to me, as in my experience the Bosch wipers performed better. Unable to believe this, I also got the store guy to check the label on the box and it was indeed Rs. 650!

Why does Maruti think it can price its wipers double?
Old 14th June 2013, 18:05   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could you install it?
Yes they fit perfectly. Seem to be working fine. Paid 1150 for them.

They came in cheap cardboard paper packing. Not sure how good the quality is for it to be lasting. I think these are the one monsoon usage kind.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 18:22   #734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did the same after reading your post. Skoda wanted 2.5k for the Yetis front wipers. Went to Shetty and picked up a pair for 1100. Seem to be working perfectly for now. But may not last till next year.
Old 15th June 2013, 20:47   #735
BHPian

Guys can someone help me with the wiper blade size for the new swift? My original blades have been making a whoosh whoosh sound and need to change. Maruti is asking for 650 a pair!! Might as well get Bosch/hella

Anyone seen any perceptible difference between the clear advantage and the regular ones? The price difference is almost 2 times!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks