Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 16:20   #631
BHPian

Re: Beam blade wipers

I used this type of wiper exclusively in the US on all my cars. What learned:

1. This type of wiper is phenomenal at clearing moisture, so much so that this should be the only kind of wiper around.

2. The reason its not is that they don't last as long as conventional wipers. For this kind of wiper to work perfectly, it needs a very intimate contact with the windshield surface, but fine abrasive dust damages the wiping edge, so that the wiper does not wiper well as long as a convention wiper which will wipe well till the rubber hardens due to exposure to the elements.

3. With this in mind, my view is that you should install this type of wiper just before the start of the season with the heaviest rains, which gives you its best performance when you need it most, and because that season is when the exposure of the wiper to dust per swipe is lowest.

4. However, I would not buy bosch. In the US they were selling the Excel Micro Edge, and these were the most expensive wipers in the market, but every single unit I bought, disappointed me by starting to streak far far far too soon. I was taken in by all the talk of how the blade flips over when the direction of movement changes to apply a more even, more firm pressure on the glass for the fancy brackless silicone blade to work its magic, but in my experience, all that engineering talk was worthless.

The product offered in India may be different and maybe they've worked out the bugs, but after I finally accepted that the Bosch wasn't a good wiper at all, I switched to this type of wiper from other brands, and never regretted it.

Last edited by Harbir : 5th August 2012 at 16:22.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:08   #632
Senior - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have been trying to get the bosch twin aero however due to want of stock, not able to source one yet. Anyways where do you get the Hella blades around Jayanagar or JP Nagar? any idea please.
I got them from Rhyme and Rhythm Colaba. Owner of the shop mentioned that they did not get stock of Bosch aerotwins for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Really confused which one to go Bosch Aerotwin or Hella DynaEdge?

I wanted to replace wiper blades on my Vento 24" & 16". Please advise.

Anyone aware of shop in Mumbai where I can purchase these, since in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, nobody stocks them.
An update on the hellas. Used them for a long time for a Mumbai bangalore run on 3-4 Aug. They were used for long stretches of time as it was raining. They performed admirably even in heavy rain and high speeds. worth the money spent.
Old 7th August 2012, 12:49   #633
BHPian

Replaced my OEM wipers after 18 months use with Hella paid Rs.550 . I am pretty impressed with the clean swipe just perfect dry & clean without a dot anywhere , also the packaging was impressive .There was a plastic clip to protect the rubber edges.
Old 7th August 2012, 23:22   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, shashank.nk, M124, Mortis. Hella DynaEdge would it be.

But there are no Reliance AutoZones in Mumbai?
If there is a REliance Mall around you there should be a REliance Autozone inside it. There is one in the REliance Mall on SV Road in Santacruz W near Milan Subway and they have the Hellas
Old 9th August 2012, 23:12   #635
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the advises. Finally got Hella DynaEdge from Autosmart Agencies, Opera House for my Vento. The size is 24" and 16"

24" costs Rs. 613 and 16" costs 567. Got a discount of 11% on MRP and with bill 12.5% VAT additional. Would be installing them over the weekend.

The 'Wiper Blade' Thread-09082012711.jpg
Old 10th August 2012, 00:46   #636
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks, shashank.nk, M124, Mortis. Hella DynaEdge would it be.

But there are no Reliance AutoZones in Mumbai?
Ofcourse there are Reliance AutoZones in Mumbai, but the DynaEdge is available in other places aswell. Got a set from Shetty Motors Turbhe sometime back. 18" and 20" for the Baleno. Rs 550 a peice.
heavy_foot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 12:49   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for the advises. Finally got Hella DynaEdge from Autosmart Agencies, Opera House for my Vento. The size is 24" and 16"
Is this DynaEdge available specifically for Vento? or we need to buy the universal one?. Looks like it's available in Vicky.in, but if I look 16"/24" I could see many. Please let me know if any model number.

Blr Guys: Also any shop in HSR/Jaya Nagar/JP Nagar for DynaEdge availability?
Old 10th August 2012, 15:19   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Is this DynaEdge available specifically for Vento? or we need to buy the universal one?. Looks like it's available in Vicky.in, but if I look 16"/24" I could see many. Please let me know if any model number.

The clip on the dynaedge is of the generic kind which will fit most OE wiper arms. it comes in sizes from 16" to 22" and 24" so should fit most cars incl the vento. There is no model number as such. the size in inches is what is specified.

Also Bangy guys any place to pick up these wipers in East bangalore/ whitefield area?

Last edited by goandude : 10th August 2012 at 15:23.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 15:20   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this DynaEdge available specifically for Vento? or we need to buy the universal one?. Looks like it's available in Vicky.in, but if I look 16"/24" I could see many. Please let me know if any model number
Its the universal size. Vicky.in shows them divided into various cars but its same for each one. I even got a pair for Hyundai i10 which has size of 22" & 16". The 16" is universal for both Vento and i10.

So you can purchase Hella DynaEdge for size 24" & 16" and it will fit in perfectly.

Quote:
Hella website lists a lot of retailer and dealer in Banglore. Do have a look.
Dealer Locator Link.
Retailer Locator Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 15:52   #640
Senior - BHPian

Any reason why Pace Auto RT NAGAR - Maruti is discouraging from using Bosch, saying "quality complaints". Can Bosch check with them? Tried very hard to get bosch but they put maruti genuine wipers. Hmmm will try hella next monsoon season, this year the rains have been patchy.

I too had a bad experience with Bosch. They started to chatter after a short while. I remember last year monsoon drive to Mumbai to Bangalore the wipers were on almost continuously and the chatter and noise was awful.

Got hella dynaedge yesterday. for 1180/- yet to use them and will comment after that. They claim to be aerodynamically shaped to reduce noise and lift[/quote]
Old 12th August 2012, 22:44   #641
Senior - BHPian

Installed Hella DynaEdge on my Vento today, DiY. Will check their performance, if it rains tomorrow in Mumbai.

Link.
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:55   #642
Senior - BHPian

My Review Bosch Aerotwin v/s Hella Dynaedge

Hello all. As I have personally used both these wipers I am sharing my review on the same.

Bosch Aerotwin - I have used these wipers on my previously owned Swift. As usual I thought of keeping two sets of wipers, the stock ones of summer and winter and the Bosch Aerotwins for monsoons. I installed them in the monsoons (June 2011) and they were superb! Very clean swipes with no streaks, sounds or marks. I however continued using them even the monsoons till January 2012 and they performed brilliantly after which I sold my car.

Hella Dynaedge - Currently using them on my Polo 1.6 which I purchased in February 2012 and bought these wipers only because the Bosch were difficult to find as they were out of stock and decided to try something new. I installed them in June 2012 and I am already disappointed with them. They dont give as clean sweeps as the Bosch. I am sometimes left with minor but irritating streaks on the windsheild. They chatter at times too. Moreover, I found the build quality of the Hellas inferior to the Bosch. The locking clip of one of the wiper blades have broken and i was expecting this to happend as had anyway found the plastic clips on these wipers to be a bit inferior as compared to the Bosch. All this in just within 03 months of use!

I am now moving back to my OE wipers as it is no use changing them to anyother as the monsoons are almost ending now.

Verdict - I personally prefer the Bosch Aerotwins over the Hella Dynaedge and they will be my preference during the monsoons next year.

Please note this is my personal experience and opinion.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:14   #643
Team-BHP Support

I recently got wiper blades of the safari changed. Surprise surprise, the Authorized service center put in Bosch blades!
I was expecting syndicate blades.
They work very well, and I had the chance to test them in real torrential rain.
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:22   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I recently got wiper blades of the safari changed. Surprise surprise, the Authorized service center put in Bosch blades!
I was expecting syndicate blades.
They work very well, and I had the chance to test them in real torrential rain.
I think most of the companies are now shifting to Bosch as OE over Syndicate or any other brand. I think only Maruti Suzuki still use Syndiacte to a large extent.

Even the VW uses Bosch wipers as OE.
Old 23rd August 2012, 10:52   #645
BHPian

I got Hella DynaEdge from Relaince AutoZone, HSR, Blr, Rs 1,014 (24" & 16 ") yesterday and installed them in my Vento. Will update when it rains in Blr.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 23rd August 2012 at 11:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks