Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:46   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Well, after using Bosch Aerotwins on my Ikon for quite a while (Vehicle sold now), I wanted to go for the same for my Verna, which (unfortunately) comes with a 22" & 16" blade.

Almost every distributor, dealer, retailer (Yes, close to contacted everyone in Bangalore) had 16inch Bosch Aerotwin but not the 22 incher. Even the Business Manager of Bosch, Bangalore was contacted for this and he inturn contacted every person possible to procure one for me but of no luck. He did say something about the availability of Bosch Aerotwins is currently very less (could be production stop may be).

Finally decided to leave Bosch, now the hunt started for Hella Dyna Edge... Same old story, hardly anyone had the 22 incher (that includes Hella Distributors, Dealers, Reliance Autozone, HSR Layout...etc). The hunt finally ended at Sachin's Autoshop, Koramangala who had the 22incher of Hella Dyna Edge (and ofcourse the 16" one too). I'm not sure of the life and reliability of these Hella blades, but they sure feel a lot smoother on the glass and absolute zero noise than the Bosch Aerotwins.

Pictures of the casing and the price tags attached..

Attachment 890201

Attachment 890202

Hope it helps.

- Prasanth Addala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey guys! Now that the rains are approaching its time to get ourselves a good set of wipers. I am sure that the Bosch Aerotwins would be everyone's first choice as they clean really well (speaking from experience as I had them on my Swift) and they look uber cool.

Now the question is where are the 'original' ones available and what is the right size for your vehicle. I have a Polo and on physically measuring the front blades, I found them to be 22"/15". Read elsewhere that it is 22"/16". The rear wiper is 10".

Now I have asked around and told that Bosch dont make 15" wipers and I will either get a 16" which would probably be too big and overshoot the glass OR a 14" which would be short and not give the right/perfect coverage. Bosch done make Aerotwins for the rear wiper. So I am confused as to what is to be done.

I am also thinking about buying the OE wipers from Skoda which are on the Fabia as I have noticed that their wipers are flat ones similar to the Aerotwins. I am also assuming that they are the same size as that on the Polo. What you guys think?
Just bought my Hella Dynaedge wipers for my Polo. The size is 16"/24" and they fit absolutely perfectly on the glass. Look super cool. Cost me 1150 for the set. Hope they work well during the rains.
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:28   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Just bought my Hella Dynaedge wipers for my Polo. The size is 16"/24" and they fit absolutely perfectly on the glass. Look super cool. Cost me 1150 for the set. Hope they work well during the rains.
Congrats on the new Hella blades. I installed the same on my Verna 3 months back, so far so good no issues what so ever until last week (Sold the car last week with the blades).
Old 20th June 2012, 16:38   #573
Senior - BHPian

The Bosch Aero Twins are available. I'm picking them up on Saturday. Will update after I install them.

If anyone wants you can let me know and I'll check for them.

Last edited by straight6 : 20th June 2012 at 16:41.
Old 20th June 2012, 19:30   #574
BHPian

What size are the VW Vento's wiper blades, and are either Bosch or Hella blades available for the Vento?

My Vento's blades (4 month old) are starting to show signs of wear. I use them regularly as I hate driving with dust on the windscreen (affects visibility heavily) so I have to wash/wipe at least once or twice daily.

Last edited by pillainp : 20th June 2012 at 19:31.
Old 21st June 2012, 01:47   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
What size are the VW Vento's wiper blades, and are either Bosch or Hella blades available for the Vento?

My Vento's blades (4 month old) are starting to show signs of wear. I use them regularly as I hate driving with dust on the windscreen (affects visibility heavily) so I have to wash/wipe at least once or twice daily.
I'll check but you're located in the south.
Old 26th June 2012, 14:30   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted to try out Hella but wasnt available. So settled with Bosch (21/19). Got it for 350/-
Old 26th June 2012, 14:47   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hella is good initially but after few weeks of usage, the wiper blades are lossing their property and turning hard i think. They make a noise similar to the noise that happens when you swipe your finger over a clean wet glass. Also there are streaks being left by the wiper. So i went back to the stock blades of the Manza.

I am not sure if this will be case with others but my car is parked outside so maybe that is the reason.
I also picked up these few months back, but was not able to test it properly. but as motomaverick pointed out , they get real noisy after some time .

Initial wipes are good, but once you continue to use them for sometime ( if its raining) it really makes crazy noise.

Im also thinking about switching to the stock ones.

Cheers
Old 26th June 2012, 14:53   #578
Senior - BHPian

^^ No issues on my side, I am using them from last year, still they're going strong on both of my cars ( Santro and Accent ). No noise or any other issues with them

If you're not happy with Bosch wipers, I suggest you to look at Hella, My cousin is using them on his i20 and he is very happy with their performance

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 27th June 2012, 10:07   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
^^ No issues on my side, I am using them from last year, still they're going strong on both of my cars ( Santro and Accent ). No noise or any other issues with them

If you're not happy with Bosch wipers, I suggest you to look at Hella, My cousin is using them on his i20 and he is very happy with their performance

Cheers,
Sameer
We were referring to the Hella Dyna edge wipers, it starts to make squeaking noises like you have just washed the windshield with soap. I had once found one brand called Siliper in Reliance, that was really good, not finding it anymore
Old 27th June 2012, 11:39   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Wanted to try out Hella but wasnt available. So settled with Bosch (21/19). Got it for 350/-
Say naveen.raju, is that price for two or one? I would say that was pretty cheap if it was for two (set I mean). Got mine for AED32.00 per set (roughly INR500.00, blame it on the falling Rupee mates!). But it was a Hella. Which is the better product?

Last edited by Champion : 27th June 2012 at 11:41.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:26   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Say naveen.raju, is that price for two or one? I would say that was pretty cheap if it was for two (set I mean). Got mine for AED32.00 per set (roughly INR500.00, blame it on the falling Rupee mates!). But it was a Hella. Which is the better product?
It's a pair. I thought it was a bit expensive because few months back it was much cheaper. I tried to get Hella as many bhpians used it but it asnt available in that shop. I have only used Bosch and OEM (Syndicate) wipers before. Bosch performs really well. Didnt get a chance to test it now. Was raining badly for a couple of days but stopped after I got the wipers .
Old 27th June 2012, 16:38   #582
Senior - BHPian

Any idea for good replacement wipers for the Gypsy? Syndicate / Bosch or Hella? Fellow Gypsy Owners can help me.
Old 27th June 2012, 17:22   #583
BHPian

I just bought BOSCH wiper blades for my fiesta Rs.360 (pair) at BOSCH Service Center, Vadapalani.
Old 27th June 2012, 17:44   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici
Any idea for good replacement wipers for the Gypsy? Syndicate / Bosch or Hella? Fellow Gypsy Owners can help me.
You can get Bosch ones easily at any authorised Bosch service center
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 09:43   #585
BHPian

Need aero twin wipers

Have been Bosch Aerotwin on my ride for almost 3 yrs now. It is still good but wanted to replace them as the passenger side ones aren't good.

I am unable to find Aerotwin wipers (20/18 pair) for my ride.

Any pointers on where can I find them in Bangalore ?

TIA for any pointers

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks