Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 19:46   #496
BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Are you guys talking about the rubber or the stalk holding the rubber too? OEM Hyundai's rubber strips costs 500 each whereas the stalk holding the rubber cost 900 each. Isn't it a bit costly? Would Bosch be a bit cheaper?
Old 27th June 2011, 21:33   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Are you guys talking about the rubber or the stalk holding the rubber too? OEM Hyundai's rubber strips costs 500 each whereas the stalk holding the rubber cost 900 each. Isn't it a bit costly? Would Bosch be a bit cheaper?

Ok so are you asking if blades (rubber strips) & the stalk holding the rubber strips (wiper arms) ?? Why does one need to change wiper arms unless they are twisted or damaged ?

Does this make it clear ? If the wiper (arm & blade is 900) that seems about OK, Bosch would only sell wiper blade seperately, not with the arm AFAIK

Hope this helps
Old 27th June 2011, 22:08   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly.Today i changed my i20 front wiper blades and they costed a freaking 400 each!!! Are OEM blades really superior to Bosch or are they just overpriced.Bosch i could have got a pair for max 400.I ended up paying double along with a fitting charge of Rs75
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 22:24   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
Are OEM blades really superior to Bosch or are they just overpriced.
Not sure about Hyundai but for Cedia the OEM blades are from Bosch. I just got mine changed from an authorized Mitsubishi service center and blades had Bosch markings.
I was aware if this but got them changed in a city where I didn't know the right shop to go to for Bosch ones.
Old 28th June 2011, 09:15   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Exactly.Today i changed my i20 front wiper blades and they costed a freaking 400 each!!! Are OEM blades really superior to Bosch or are they just overpriced.Bosch i could have got a pair for max 400.I ended up paying double along with a fitting charge of Rs75
Well I was quoted 500 each for the same in Mumbai. Isn't Hyundai charging the same rates throughout India? Will have to catch hold of Bosch blades soon. Does extensive usage of old dried up blades cause irreversible damage to the glass? I can see the blades leaving streak marks
Old 28th June 2011, 09:41   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Well I was quoted 500 each for the same in Mumbai. Isn't Hyundai charging the same rates throughout India? Will have to catch hold of Bosch blades soon. Does extensive usage of old dried up blades cause irreversible damage to the glass? I can see the blades leaving streak marks
500 for each seems to be too high. I recently got wiper blades (both front) changed for my innova it costed Rs 484 (for both) at Toyota A.S.S. I am really surprised to see the steep cost of Hyundai's wiper.
Old 28th June 2011, 09:41   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know about the uniformity of rates.But each blade costs Rs333.Add tax to that and it will come to around 400 each.Yes using old hardened blades leaves streaks and does not clean well.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:56   #503
Senior - BHPian

Spare parts are the one major area where companies make lots of money. That is the reason people suggest not to buy anything from dealers (unless outside parts void warranty or quality is inferior).

10 days back I changed my Bosch blades to HELLA and I find it better than Bosch blades. I know it is too early to comments on quality.
Old 28th June 2011, 14:14   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hi Nathan,

Did the shop sell you individual blades or were you forced to buy them in pairs? One shop I went to told me they only sell the blades in pairs.

With the rains and heavy traffic I couldn't go to JC road. Thankfully a local Auto shop had these blades in stock. Yet to install them.
I got one 22" and one 17". I wanted 24"&18" but this shop didn't have much.
Paid Rs.255/ for both.

P.S I hope these are not fakes.
This Saturday morning I fixed both the blades myself. I had a chance to test them out during the evening rains, OEM blades were unbrabded and most of the rubber was gone.
These new bosh blades are going a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
400 Each ? these better last longer 2x longer than the bosh blades.
Old 28th June 2011, 15:30   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

400 Each ? these better last longer 2x longer than the bosh blades.
Yes ,each 400.On top of that fitting charge of 75.The previous blades were good.But i usually change them once in a year before monsoon.As you said they better last longer than Bosch
Old 28th June 2011, 15:42   #506
Senior - BHPian

Saqarpadaki the old set of bosh blades lasted me over 2 years on the old car.
You can fit them yourself, dont depend on the *** so much
The Oem blades on my figo are still good for another year.
Old 28th June 2011, 15:57   #507
BHPian

Changed the OEM blades on my Corolla & Alto to Bosch. Costed Rs.540/- for both the sets. Hardly took 2 mins to fit, and work like charm, much superior to the OEM's.
Old 29th June 2011, 18:43   #508
BHPian

Hi!! Has anybody got information regarding Bosh Aero Twins which are supposed to be far more superior to the regualr bosch wipers? If they are better could anybody please give the price for a pair for Swift and dealers in bangalore. It is not available in MAS centers like mandovi, RNS & Kalyani as i have called and asked them
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Changed the OEM blades on my Corolla & Alto to Bosch. Costed Rs.540/- for both the sets. Hardly took 2 mins to fit, and work like charm, much superior to the OEM's.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:02   #509
BHPian

Bought my Bosch wiper from the dealer at Lalbag road.
Vijaya Diesel, Next to Pai Viceroy hotel, Opposite to Urvashi theater.

The rear wiper (12") was not available at dealer, so bought it from JK Automobile at JC road.

Cost-
Front : 210
Rear : 105
Old 30th June 2011, 18:43   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prats View Post
Hi!! Has anybody got information regarding Bosh Aero Twins which are supposed to be far more superior to the regualr bosch wipers? If they are better could anybody please give the price for a pair for Swift and dealers in bangalore. It is not available in MAS centers like mandovi, RNS & Kalyani as i have called and asked them
thanks
We have mixed reviews about Aerotwins. They are expensive (Above 1.5K) comparing to normal Bosch blades (<500).

Here are the Bangalore dealer details (taken from their website):

Vijaya Motors
No.12/2, R.R. Plaza, 7Th Cross,
Kubier Singh Lane, Doddamavalli,
Bangalore 151002
Karnataka
22224279, 22275552, 51144809
J Ramanathan / Ravishankar / Sreelakshmi
vijayadsls@yahoo.com

Prasad Agarwaal Trading Corpn.
39/1A, 1St Floor,
J.C. Road,
Bangalore 151002
Karnataka
9844029424, 51326240, 50, 22106091
Kiran Agarwal / Kanishka Agarwal

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th June 2011 at 18:47.

Most Viewed