Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 14:34   #451
Senior - BHPian

Finally I picked Bosch blade from AUTO SHOP Koramangala. They charged Rs.325/pair.
Old 30th March 2011, 00:58   #452
Senior - BHPian

re: The 'Wiper Blade' Thread

Has anyone tried this for the Honda Jazz or Civic?
Old 30th March 2011, 09:05   #453
BHPian

Does anyone know the size of wipers for the Ford Fusion. Will try to pick up one for my car from Sachin's Auto Shop, Koramangala. However with almost no parking available on that road, will probably have to go there on a bike. Hence this query.

Also, as a standard, what is the oldest manufacturing date for a wiper for it to be effective as in if i get wipers manufactured an year back would it be okay, or is there a minimum cut off.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:46   #454
Senior - BHPian

^^
It wont take more than 5 minute to change it. I dont see much improvement comparing to my stock wiper (Spark).
Old 9th May 2011, 17:38   #455
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon around the corner and my Bosch wiper blade is not giving expected result. Was bit scary when I did solo drive in the night to Kannur few weeks back. Is it worth spending over 1K on Bosch Aerotwins?

Last edited by Latheesh : 9th May 2011 at 17:44.
Old 9th May 2011, 17:53   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Monsoon around the corner and my Bosch wiper blade is not giving expected result. Was bit scary when I did solo drive in the night to Kannur few weeks back. Is it worth spending over 1K on Bosch Aerotwins?
No, don't bother with Aerotwins.
For comparison testing, I had an aerotwin on the drivers side and a regular bosch on the passenger side.
I could't find any difference whatsoever in performance.
Might be of some use on motorway speeds and snow. Just a waste of money for our conditions atleast.
nitrous is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 18:08   #457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I would say "no". My friend had installed this and he didnt find any difference. Go for the normal Bosch wipers. I have been using it for almost a year now and it's performing well.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 18:33   #458
Senior - BHPian

@latheesh,
As mentioned by others go for regular ones. I have regular ones in i10 and aerotwins in Accent but both the results are same. Not worth to go for aerotwins.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 19:13   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
No, don't bother with Aerotwins.
For comparison testing, I had an aerotwin on the drivers side and a regular bosch on the passenger side.
I could't find any difference whatsoever in performance.
Might be of some use on motorway speeds and snow. Just a waste of money for our conditions atleast.
And to add to that, I didn't find any different between Regular Bosch and the OEM wipers. They are just similar and after aging both will give you similar streaks and they ages almost at the same time too. So basically there is no point of going for any of these fancy costly wipers. I'm currently using Aerotwin in my Baleno and I really didn't find any difference at all and that 1.6k was spend very unwisely.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:04   #460
BHPian

Bought Bosch wipers for my Palio from JC Road - yet to fix.

Front=24"&18" (As per Bosch's list Palio specs are 24"&16". But my car has 24&18. Since I insisted, the shop opened two boxes and gave me the sizes I wanted)

Rear=16". (Palio stock is 14". Since that size was not available I got 16". Hope it will suit).

Total price I paid = Rs.480/-
Old 29th May 2011, 17:50   #461
BHPian

Bosch Evolution wiper blades

Are Bosch Evolution wiper blades available in India? These are supposed to be bracketless too, but a little cheaper than the ICONs, Aerotwins in the US.

Evolution Wiper Blades

I was planning to ask someone to get them for me from the US. I suddenly got this dumb doubt in my mind - could I use them on RHD cars or is it enough if I made sure the blade sizes match what I have on my car currently?
Old 29th May 2011, 22:08   #462
Senior - BHPian

Just bought some GDP labelled wipers for my M800. Turns out their sweep is EXTREMELY clean. The BOSCH pair bought last year gave up their skin last week while on highway driving. Cost of pair Rs 200/-. Now lets see how they peform during downpours.

Raab Rakha.
Old 31st May 2011, 22:00   #463
BHPian

Bought a couple of 'Aerotwin' lookalikes today for 650 bucks. Are working well. No streaks, no screeching. They were of 'car concepts' make. They have the same profile of the Aerotwins. The guy also gave me a 6 month warranty on it. Will post the pics tomorrow.

Have still kept my old wipers. In case these give problems can switch to that. Also bought the ArmorAll windscreen washer fluid. It does not let the water form sheets on the screen.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:26   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would say "no". My friend had installed this and he didnt find any difference. Go for the normal Bosch wipers. I have been using it for almost a year now and it's performing well.
I never had any luck with wipers, I have tried cheap as well as the slightly expensive ones but nothing lasts more than 3 months. A day in the hot sun doesn't matter whether new or old, expensive or cheap its over. I remember one particular wiper, sorry I dont recollect the brand (German but not Bosch), it lasted for about 7 months. So very pleased with it I did some praising to my friend, Big mistake the very next day magically it stopped doing its job.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:45   #465
Team-BHP Support

Post # 83 in this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Few days ago I ordered AEROTWIN for Optra.
I know CAR KEMP (No 17, Subbaiah Circle, Mission Road, Bangalore 560 027. Phone 22291358) as Bosch dealer. Owner told me that they don't stock AEROTWIN as they're way more expensive than the normal wipers.

My wipers came yesterday. 1800/-. Looks good. Couldn't check them out because it didn't rain yesterday.
Still behaving like a new. Cost justified as I feel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks