Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 12:31   #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Hello Guys

I am planning to replace pair of wipers on my Wagon R LXI 2006 model. I request the following information from you guys:

1. Undoubtedly i am going for Bosch - I would like to know which is the best and latest model available so that i can ask specifically to the dealer?
2. I would like to know the difference between Single blades and double blades. How they are different from each other functionally?
3. Few days back i was in JC road and i heard someone talking about triple blades also? Are triple blades superior to single and double? Will the triple blades be compatible with my Wagon R?

To sum up on the above i would like to know which is the best and latest model of Bosch wipers (Why?) and should i go for single or double or triple blades (Why?)

Thanks in advance for helping me out!!
Even I too want answers to these questions... anyone?

I want to change my Getz Stock wipers, which are useless Can someone please suggest which Bosch ones I should go for and what would be the approx price and place in Bangalore where I can get them changed... thanks in advance.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:32   #422
BHPian

I visited the BOSCH shop in JC Road and checked for Palio wiper blades.
As per their spec's, Palio's set consists of 24" and 16".
But when I measured in my car it is actually 24" and 18".
They were not ready to give seperate blades. They suggested me to go for Aerotwins which can be bought in single units.
Since I was confused I left without buying anything.

@Lazybrain: I did call BOSCH sales office. They gave two dealer names:
Vikas(41131727, 41575293)
Prasad(41326250, 41133394) - I think this is Agarwal's shop.
Old 18th October 2010, 13:05   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
@Lazybrain: I did call BOSCH sales office. They gave two dealer names:
Vikas(41131727, 41575293)
Prasad(41326250, 41133394) - I think this is Agarwal's shop.
I called up the above numbers. Agarwal's no. is not reachable as always.
But got through the 1st dealer (Vikas). I think his shop is off JC Road on urvasi theatre road. I will go there this week and check out and if feasible install one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Why don't you try METRO cash n carry (Kanakpura Rd / Yeshwanthpur)? Here they have 100Rs off on MRP on most of the Bosch wipers.
@Sushrutha - Thanks for the new information. do they only sell the product or they have a technician also who will install the wipers? if so, any additional charges?
Old 18th October 2010, 13:41   #424
BHPian

I tried in METRO too (Yeshwantpur). They didn't have stock and had no idea when new stock will arrive!!
Old 18th October 2010, 13:52   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
I tried in METRO too (Yeshwantpur). They didn't have stock and had no idea when new stock will arrive!!
If am not wrong.. u need a membership to shop at Metro, right?
Did they happen to have stock for Getz wipers? Any idea?
Old 18th October 2010, 14:05   #426
BHPian

Luckily for me my uncle is a member of Metro . I can buy wipers through him provided they can install or at least assist in installing. Guys any information or they are just the retailer who only sell the product and do not take any responsibility of installing wipers (I am sure they might not take up), however just wanted to confirm from u guys if u had any previous experience?
Old 18th October 2010, 14:38   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indkish View Post
If am not wrong.. u need a membership to shop at Metro, right?
Yes, u need a membership to shop at Metro. And to become a member, you need to be a shop-owner (have a Sales Tax regn.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by indkish View Post
Did they happen to have stock for Getz wipers? Any idea?
Last week when I was there, there were only two blades - 24" and 20".
Old 18th October 2010, 14:42   #428
BHPian

Metro folks will not even come to drop the stuff till your car - forget installing or assisting in installing

Though the wiper blades are fairly simple to replace. Try a DIY - wont hurt.
Old 19th October 2010, 15:12   #429
BHPian

Guys,

I got my wipers replaced today and got Bosch installed from Vikas trading JC road. I paid Rs. 250 and very happy with the install

One more thing i liked to inform you that vikas trading being official dealer of bosch product was aggressively promoting me another brand of wiper called "HELLA". he told me that its a new model german make, better quality than bosch and just cost Rs. 50 more than Bosch. since i never heard of this Hella brand was skeptical to go ahead with the purchase and asked him to install only Bosch. He also told me that Bosch is a china make hence quality is not as good as hella which is german make.

anyone heard of these new wipers hella? I just wanted to verify how true is the above statement of the dealer
Old 20th October 2010, 06:23   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
anyone heard of these new wipers hella? I just wanted to verify how true is the above statement of the dealer
I have Hella wipers in my M800.

17" wipers for M800 costs 145/- for one side.

Bought it from an authorised Maruti spare parts shop in Cochin. Hella wipers are not listed in India website and I was not wise enough to check Hella India website before buying these .

Though they wipe well they produce squeaking noise.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:41   #431
Senior - BHPian

Hella is a very good brand. They are know for automotive Lightings & Horns.
I never knew they even have Wipers too
Old 20th October 2010, 11:59   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Though they wipe well they produce squeaking noise.Thanks, Jose.
i thank almighty and of course Team-BHP for listening to my intuition and research rather than getting carried away with the words of dealer . I am aware that Hella is having a good market share in horns and lights but looks like they are naive in to wipers.

Its always better to go for tried and tested brands and products rather than taking a risk of buying relatively new brands.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:30   #433
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hella is a very good brand. They are know for automotive Lightings & Horns.
I never knew they even have Wipers too
I had asked my mechanic to replace the useless stock syndicate with Bosch. But what I saw after the replacement was Hella. Gave him an earful but decided to stick with it for this year. The performance is not bad but sometimes they squeak. But much better than Syndicate. I would say a decent option to Bosch.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:37   #434
BHPian

Quote:
i thank almighty and of course Team-BHP for listening to my intuition and research rather than getting carried away with the words of dealer . I am aware that Hella is having a good market share in horns and lights but looks like they are naive in to wipers.

Its always better to go for tried and tested brands and products rather than taking a risk of buying relatively new brands.
laizybrain,

I forgot to mention that I tried Hellas blades as the relatively new Bosch blades in my car gave very poor wiping. Bosch blades left lot of streaks and produced lot of squeaking. Since they were new I thought of using for some more time. But when driving in rains became very tough, I tried another brand and hence brought Hellas.

Anyways, I'll never use Bosch again. I'm finding Hellas much better than Bosch.

Re. the squeaking noise, I can live with it as long as they give good wiping. The squeaking noise is mitigated when I switch on the stereo.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:47   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Anyways, I'll never use Bosch again. I'm finding Hellas much better than Bosch
after i purchased Bosch yesterday didn't get a chance to do real time testing of my new wipers since it didn't rain at all in Bangalore since yesterday

But i did a demo run of new wipers and it is much better than the factory fitted syndicate wipers on my Wagon R. I found the following advantages:

1. Bosch Wipers are butter smooth: No squeaking sounds in comparison to Syndicate Wipers and also my syndicate wipers used to get stuck sometimes for 1-2 seconds at level 1 from day 1. (I also escalated the problem in the past to M.A.S.S and they confirmed that there was no problem with wipers).
2. Bosch removes the water from the glass neatly: In my previous syndicate wipers when it used to drizzle, the wipers used to leave steaks of water on the glass which made visibility hazy. due to this i was forced to use wipers only when it is raining heavily and avoid using it during drizzles since the visibility was better without using the wipers actually.

all these disadvantages have overcome in my new Bosch install

Let it rain in Bangalore and i can re-confirm the above points during real time testing

Most Viewed