Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 16:23   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

May be, I am one of those unlucky ones to have got bad quality wipers by Bosch. I still wonder how and why.

Dont take it with a pinch of salt! write to Bosch, i got mine replaced. This might be a case of one faulty product which they will happily replace for free. I had this kind of mind initially. I was completly sweept off my feet when the took this up very seriously. i have an appology mail form the dealer who sold them to me copying the whose who of bosch.

Pramod
Old 25th August 2009, 16:42   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Dont take it with a pinch of salt! write to Bosch, i got mine replaced. This might be a case of one faulty product which they will happily replace for free. I had this kind of mind initially. I was completly sweept off my feet when the took this up very seriously. i have an appology mail form the dealer who sold them to me copying the whose who of bosch.

Pramod
Thanks Pramod.

Initially I did think of writing to them about the quality of products they advertise and the one which they sell but later thought this is what their offering is as many have also shared their views on their quality.

Will try it out since I have the invoice and related details with me
Old 26th August 2009, 11:19   #303
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Bosch Aero Twin Range

Any idea if the Aero Twin range is available for small cars like the Santro, i10, Alto etc?

If so what is the difference in terms of the cost when compared to a normal Bosch blade?
Old 28th August 2009, 01:19   #304
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Tamhini ghat yesterday. The new BOSCH wipers did quite well in the deluge there! That was the 1st time I got to try the new wipers. They are way better than the stock Syndicate stuff... but then they were old. Not sure how they compare with new Syndicate wipers.

Those of you not getting good results with BOSCH - are you sure your stuff is genuine?
Old 28th August 2009, 12:13   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Any idea if the Aero Twin range is available for small cars like the Santro, i10, Alto etc?

If so what is the difference in terms of the cost when compared to a normal Bosch blade?
They are available for almost all cars, for a quick comparison, the lancer normal baldes are for 321 Rs and the aerotwins are for 1900 Rs. so do the calculations yourself. IMHO rubber parts detoriate with time and you will end up changing your wipers every year, spending money on aerotwins is not the right option because of the cost factor. The regular ones can do a fab job and will last a season without problems, change them next year as part of preventive maintance.

Pramod
Old 28th August 2009, 12:18   #306
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
They are available for almost all cars, for a quick comparison, the lancer normal baldes are for 321 Rs and the aerotwins are for 1900 Rs.
Woah! That's an insane price difference. I would prefer to stick to the normal ones.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:44   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woah! That's an insane price difference. I would prefer to stick to the normal ones.
Right. These days we have insane differences in people's incomes, so I think that translates to products with insane price differences, too. "targeted markets", you know!

Last edited by santosh.s : 28th August 2009 at 12:46.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:26   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And even if go for one of those pairs of Aerotwins, they are vulnerable to the attention of petty theives who can easily whack them off your car just in case you've parked in outside for a while.

They dont spare wheel caps today, Aerotwins will be booty for them.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:20   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And even if go for one of those pairs of Aerotwins, they are vulnerable to the attention of petty theives who can easily whack them off your car just in case you've parked in outside for a while.

They dont spare wheel caps today, Aerotwins will be booty for them.

Woah never thought about that . they are very easy to remove and hence whack them, Aerotwins are waste unless you live in heavy snow prone areas or in the Westernghats in Agumbe where it always rains.

OT i have seen people loosing all four alloys in Delhi from a parked car, i think those techniques are coming down south slowly as well.
Old 11th September 2009, 22:22   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
can someone post a pic of these aerotwins. i want to see whats so special about them.
Check Linea/Fabia etc; they come with these.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...meless-box.jpg
http://www.bosch.co.th/content/langu...01AeroTwin.jpg
Old 11th September 2009, 23:21   #311
Senior - BHPian

The Accord, Civic, and the Jazz also come stock with Aerotwins.
Old 28th September 2009, 23:10   #312
BHPian

Less than 2 months since I put them on and the bosch blades have started to streak. I'm not impressed. Chinese junk.
Old 4th October 2009, 09:01   #313
Senior - BHPian

Just replaced the old Syndicate wipers on the Ikon with the single blade wipers from Bosch. To those who don't know, the Bosch office is situated opposite the entrance of Lakshmi Mills, a little distance away. Paid 325/- for the set. Imported by Mico (Bangalore) and made in Germany.

Clean glass now but will reserve judgement for later.
Old 4th October 2009, 09:45   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roy.S : Less than 2 months since I put them on and the bosch blades have started to streak. I'm not impressed. Chinese junk.
You have possibly picked up fakes.

I get my Bosch stuff from Vijaya Diesels on Siddaiah Road, opp Urvashi. This is the road between JC Road & Lalbagh Road. This place is the authorised Bosch outet, and I have picked up stuff from bulbs to batteries there. Prices are typically at 10% discount.
Old 4th October 2009, 16:00   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Just replaced the old Syndicate wipers on the Ikon with the single blade wipers from Bosch. To those who don't know, the Bosch office is situated opposite the entrance of Lakshmi Mills, a little distance away. Paid 325/- for the set. Imported by Mico (Bangalore) and made in Germany.

Clean glass now but will reserve judgement for later.
Made in Germany?? Are you sure? My pack says its made in PRC and Imported and Marketed by MICO. Price is same - Rs. 325 (for Esteem).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks