Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 22:42   #1381
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
https://www.starq.in/products/qpt-by...pr_seq=uniform

This variant comes with a foam cannon and the 10m hose (7m in other variants), you need at least 10m to do a car without having to constantly move the machine.
You had recommended this earlier. Think this would be fine for my usage? Also, this doesn't have wheels. Anything like this with wheels?
Old 8th July 2024, 12:54   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Get this anyday over the resqtech, I’ve used the same pump/motor for over 8 months now and it’s been superb and I use it commercially doing 90-100 cars a month. They’re all made in China ultimately but that doesn’t mean it’s low quality.

In fact I’d suggest you get the same in a trolley type configuration as that’s much easier to move as it’s quite heavy. Remember to adjust pressure down to 150 bar/2100 psi or lower as above this can damage and strip car paint. Also change oil at 150-160 hours instead of 200 hours as it gets quite dirty. Use full synthetic 10/15W-40 engine oil, in line water filter at the input also goes a long way in preserving pump life.
I dont find the trolley option on their website. Any other place I can find this with wheels?
Old 9th July 2024, 13:30   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I would make that two or three feet! And use a fan nozzle set to wide. Even this is capable of eroding old cement. Start distant: you can always close in where required, but do so with extreme care.
Agree with the second half, but in my experience given how underpowered cheaper pressure washers are, she’ll struggle to clean anything effectively at 2.5-3ft. Pressure drops exponentially with every inch of increased distance from the target. Unless the surface is already flaking off, like old paint/cement, I’d say about 8-9 inches will be perfect for floors but again, start further away and close in as needed.

Also don’t forget eye protection, you can get safety glasses from Amazon. The last thing you want is fine debris getting into your eyes at high velocity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Thanks. Budget can be 15-20K. Will be used for car wash, driveway washing, terrace cleaning etc. No idea about flow rates etc. Went thru your old posts but the oil change issue worries me. Easy to do?

Suggestions for a unit at that price?
This will work well-

https://www.starq.in/products/qpt-st...her-qt-1800hpw

I’ve used their machines before and they’re good for the price, the best performance per dollar I’d say. Support is also good, you can easily get spares in the future if need be.

Oil change is easy as pie, anyone can do it. You’ll need a small tray to collect old oil, a funnel to fill and synthetic engine oil (manual will mention the grade but for most units it’s 15W-40), about 350-500ml depending on the pump size. It’s not like a car where you also have to deal with oil filters and gaskets.

Just flip the oil at roughly 85% of the operating hours the manual calls for (like with cars). For eg. on my machines it’s every 100 hours, but I do it at 85-90 hours as the oil is quite contaminated by then. If you want to measure running hours precisely you can get a vibration activated hour meter. Given domestic use, even if you don’t hit the running hours change it every 6 months as viscosity modifiers break down over time.

Quote:
You had recommended this earlier. Think this would be fine for my usage? Also, this doesn't have wheels. Anything like this with wheels?
It’s a good machine, but I’ve linked to one with wheels above.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 19:40   #1384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree with the second half, but in my experience given how underpowered cheaper pressure washers are, she’ll struggle to clean anything effectively at 2.5-3ft.
I may have exaggerated a little .

Also, pressure washing is part of your everyday life, whereas I have not had one for quite a few years. But I do remember being amazed at how aggressive even a small domestic model from Bosch was.

Quote:
Also don’t forget eye protection, you can get safety glasses from Amazon. The last thing you want is fine debris getting into your eyes at high velocity.
Brilliant point! I would never ever repeat the things I used to with grinding wheels in factories, polishing wheels as a hobby jeweller, etc, forty to fifty years ago, without it. But I hadn't thought of eye protection for pressure washing. Good education
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 00:23   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Also, pressure washing is part of your everyday life, whereas I have not had one for quite a few years. But I do remember being amazed at how aggressive even a small domestic model from Bosch was.
Yes good point, perspective is everything and I’m probably used to more powerful machines so smaller ones seem even weaker when I do use them occasionally.

It’s like driving, that 180hp motor felt fast at one time, but once you’ve driven cars with way more power, suddenly the same engine feels slow
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 18:28   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with the second half, but in my experience given how underpowered cheaper pressure washers are, she’ll struggle to clean anything effectively at 2.5-3ft. Pressure drops exponentially with every inch of increased distance from the target. Unless the surface is already flaking off, like old paint/cement, I’d say about 8-9 inches will be perfect for floors but again, start further away and close in as needed.

This will work well-

https://www.starq.in/products/qpt-st...her-qt-1800hpw

I’ve used their machines before and they’re good for the price, the best performance per dollar I’d say. Support is also good, you can easily get spares in the future if need be

It’s a good machine, but I’ve linked to one with wheels above.

Thanks again. What is the diameter of the input hose pipe for these machines? Any idea?
Old 10th July 2024, 18:44   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again. What is the diameter of the input hose pipe for these machines? Any idea?
Diameter will be 0.5” for the garden hose that goes on the inlet side. Use a pre filter here to help stop debris getting into the pump.
Old 11th July 2024, 01:13   #1388
BHPian

When I go through this thread I see two foam cannons mentioned often, the MJJC and the JPT. The JPT is significantly cheaper. Is there a huge difference between the two?

Quote:
Diameter will be 0.5” for the garden hose that goes on the inlet side. Use a pre filter here to help stop debris getting into the pump.

Which one would you recommend?
Old 11th July 2024, 13:03   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
When I go through this thread I see two foam cannons mentioned often, the MJJC and the JPT. The JPT is significantly cheaper. Is there a huge difference between the two?

Which one would you recommend?
JPT is one of the best cannons I’ve used, so will suggest that. Keep in mind with foam cannons, the price and quality rarely equate.

Best example will be the MTM PF22.2 which is hundreds of dollars and has the exact same performance as cheaper canons. You can see YouTube tests people have done over the years to verify.

JTP has two variants, I’m referring to this one- https://www.amazon.in/JPT-Complete-O...2C1079&sr=8-19

As for pipe and pre filter, any braided 0.5” garden hose from Amazon will do (ensure it’s braided as soft silicone pipes will collapse due to suction). For the pre filter connection I’ve set it up like this:

1) Zephyr female 0.75” thread that screws into the pressure washer inlet thread.

2) The other end of the Zephyr is a female quick connect that connects to the male quick connect attached to the pre filter threaded pipe (0.75”).

3) The other end of the pre filter threaded pipe also has a Zephyr quick connect that goes into the brass quick connect attached to the pipe.

In your case all these will 0.5”, everything else remains the same. You can get all of these on Amazon, just type Zephyr connectors in search. Keep in mind some pressure washers may have a female thread instead of male on the inlet, in which case you buy the matching adapter (Zephyr sells all types).

Using quick connectors everywhere ensures very easy pipe and filter removal when you have to clean/move the machine. Should look something like this-
Attached Thumbnails
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_2812.jpeg  

Last edited by AJ56 : 11th July 2024 at 13:10.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 22:18   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
JPT is one of the best cannons I’ve used, so will suggest that. Keep in mind with foam cannons, the price and quality rarely equate.

In your case all these will 0.5”, everything else remains the same. You can get all of these on Amazon, just type Zephyr connectors in search. Keep in mind some pressure washers may have a female thread instead of male on the inlet, in which case you buy the matching adapter (Zephyr sells all types).

Using quick connectors everywhere ensures very easy pipe and filter removal when you have to clean/move the machine. Should look something like this-
Thanks again. Another question - we have a pressure pump installed for the entire house, so pressure in the pipes is about 80psi. Would that cause any damage to the pressure washer?
Old 11th July 2024, 23:26   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again. Another question - we have a pressure pump installed for the entire house, so pressure in the pipes is about 80psi. Would that cause any damage to the pressure washer?
Happy to help.

Standard water pressure in most homes is around 20-60 psi. 80 is on the high side but won’t do any harm.

Your user manual will also mention the max inlet pressure, can vary slightly by machine.
Old 12th July 2024, 00:05   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to help.

Standard water pressure in most homes is around 20-60 psi. 80 is on the high side but won’t do any harm.

Your user manual will also mention the max inlet pressure, can vary slightly by machine.
When I was building the house I calculated that the tank is about 20 feet above my shower head, so that would give me only about 9psi with only the water head height. Hence decided on a pressure pump. In an apartment this is usually not an issue because tanks are so high that you usually get a good pressure at your outlets.
Old 13th August 2024, 12:33   #1393
BHPian

Has anyone used a battery operated pressure gun? Lot of hype but very little genuine user review on the internet. There is not much of a cost difference between this at 4.5K(https://shinexpro.in/products/hydrob...ressure-washer) and an Indian pressure washer like the ones made by shakti.(https://www.amazon.in/Shakti-Technol.../dp/B0BBWJFK5C)

I am skeptic about the life of the battery operated gun on a per charge basis. 25 minutes of claimed usage on a single charge seems too optimistic.

Last edited by Neo18 : 13th August 2024 at 12:52. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 13th August 2024, 14:53   #1394
BHPian

Please advise, one light weight pressure washer to clean the solar panel and terrace. It should be easy to operate and to maintain, no fancy accessories needed.
We are already have Bosch Aquatek Advance for heavy duty work at garage.
The new machine should be easy to carry to terrace (4th floor) and must have self-priming feature.
Old 16th August 2024, 07:21   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
Has anyone used a battery operated pressure gun?
I'm using Shinexpro hydroblast cordless pressure washer since 2 months and its effective.

Battery Backup : 25-30 minutes
Ease of Use : Yes
Foam Application : Yes
Water Requirement : one bucket for cleaning my Slavia with water,foam and water in sequence
Noise Level : like a washing machine
Charging Time : 3 hours approx

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-img_20240814_104335867.jpg

chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks