Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 07:31   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi narayanang76, I'm planning to buy the 8L manual washer, which doesn't come with the spray gun. If I buy the spray gun as a spare from the manufacturer, do you know if it will fit the 8L washer's nozzle?

Cheers,
Vikram
Vikram the nozzle may fit (I am not very sure) but the pressure will not be sufficient to spray through and wash, even if you buy nozzle as separate accessory my view. 8L model doesn't have a motor and it sprays water with air pressure generated inside by pumping, just like the old time pest control sprayers.
narayanang76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:49   #632
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

I ordered a set of gloves from www.agrihypermart.in .
It seems they have pressure washer. Actually it is agricultural sprayer. But can be used as a medium pressure washer. I am using my washer daily. Seems to be serving it purpose.
Old 5th September 2014, 14:43   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Recently bought the ResQtech 25 L 12V model URL http://resqtech.in/products/. Before buying I read through some of the posts in team-bhp itself, the product website and some YouTube videos. It gave some idea on what to expect and how to operate.
Due to rains, the car gets really dirty these days, specially the lower parts due to rain water getting splashed by either nearby vehicles on tyres. Does this model has enough power to remove that kind of dirt as well?
Old 5th September 2014, 15:24   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Due to rains, the car gets really dirty these days, specially the lower parts due to rain water getting splashed by either nearby vehicles on tyres. Does this model has enough power to remove that kind of dirt as well?

No not really. We recently travelled thro' rains and slush. This was the first occasion we used
the ResqTech pressure washer. We used the same first to rinse/wash off the mud with plain water first, then washed it with Sonax shampoo and rinsed it clean with plain water again. We
had to manually clean the lower parts near the wheel arches, rear doors, rear bumper with MF Cloth. As Duster's larger wheel base and design does splash quite a bit of mud when you drive through on to the body, it was quite a task.

A real pressure washer would have been more helpful. Then, absence of access to water faucet and power supply in a multi storeyed apartment in the car park area made me choose this. Also,
I was clear in my mind that if such heavy cleaning was required I would always take it out.

Yes ResQTech is fine for light cleaning and not heavy post monsoon slush, mud cleaning particularly from wheels, tires, wheel arches, under body etc.

Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 00:15   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I am presently using a Black & Decker 1570TD pressure washer with a claimed 120 bar pressure. Although it does a very good job with regards to visible dirt on the surface, the fine dirt which sticks to the body surface after rains is not easily removed by this washer. A shampoo wash is must to clear most of the dirt.

Where the washer really excels is difficult to reach areas.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:15   #636
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

I intending to purchase Bosch AQT 35-12 would appreciate your feedback. In Goa, Karcher Sales & Service is not available.
Old 9th September 2014, 16:43   #637
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking to buy a pressure washer too.

From the posts in this thread, Karcher seems to have better build quality than Bosch and B&D brands.

I prefer to use the washer along with the tap outlet in my parking space and preferably with a detergent bottle.

Please help me decide which one to buy and would these be available for a lesser price in Metro cash n carry outlets compared to the retail outlets?
Old 9th September 2014, 18:09   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm looking to buy a pressure washer too.
From the posts in this thread, Karcher seems to have better build quality than Bosch and B&D brands.
I prefer to use the washer along with the tap outlet in my parking space and preferably with a detergent bottle.
Please help me decide which one to buy and would these be available for a lesser price in Metro cash n carry outlets compared to the retail outlets?
Karcher anyday with eyes closed.

If you have a tap then the Karcher 2 series (2.xxx) is good enough. It retails around the 8K mark so should be 6-7K in Metro. If you can spend more, the Karcher K3.55o would be the best bet. Costs approx 13-15K in bangalore Metro. Detergent bottle is available as an OEM online for about 1000/- , which fits both K2 and K3 series.

If you are referring to foaming bottle, then the above statement holds good. IF you are looking for detergent mixing, then there is a tube available on the K 3.550, which can "suck" detergent/shampoo solution. Foaming will not be present, but will aid cleaning, if you are using a brush.

Foam bottle + Megs Hyperwash is worth the investment.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 9th September 2014 at 18:10.
scopriobharath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 18:32   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If you have a tap then the Karcher 2 series (2.xxx) is good enough. If you can spend more, the Karcher K3.55o would be the best bet.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. The unit will be used with a tap. I dont have access to an underground sump in my flat.

Also, please let me know if this is a straight "buy and use" product or would I have to buy the hose pipes separately to connect the unit to the tap.

I did take a look at the Karcher website (www.karcher.in) but could only find K3.550, K6.300 and K7.400.

Have they discontinued the 2.xxx series? I don't mind buying the 2.xxx series even if it is discontinued as long as service and spares are available.

If I may request you to please summarize differences between the 2.xxx and the 3.550, it would really help. I couldn't find it on the karcher site.

Quote:
Detergent bottle is available as an OEM online for about 1000/- , which fits both K2 and K3 series. If you are referring to foaming bottle, then the above statement holds good. IF you are looking for detergent mixing, then there is a tube available on the K 3.550, which can "suck" detergent/shampoo solution. Foaming will not be present, but will aid cleaning, if you are using a brush.
I use Meguiars Car Shampoo so which one should I buy? Detergent bottle or foaming bottle?

Could you please elaborate? I am confused with the foaming part.

Thanks again for your reply.

Last edited by n_aditya : 9th September 2014 at 18:33.
Old 9th September 2014, 19:15   #640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Karcher...investment.
Bharath, what's your take on Skill pressure washer pls?
http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-skil-h...mdstvqbcfgzncg

Quote:
I use Meguiars Car Shampoo so which one should I buy? Detergent bottle or foaming bottle?
Adi, sorry to poke my nose, a regular car shampoo will not be of much use to make the foam. To make a foam, you'll need this or similar product - http://www.meguiars.com/en/professio...01-hyper-wash/
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 19:17   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. The unit will be used with a tap. I dont have access to an underground sump in my flat.
Also, please let me know if this is a straight "buy and use" product or would I have to buy the hose pipes separately to connect the unit to the tap.
I did take a look at the Karcher website (www.karcher.in) but could only find K3.550, K6.300 and K7.400.
Have they discontinued the 2.xxx series? I don't mind buying the 2.xxx series even if it is discontinued as long as service and spares are available.
If I may request you to please summarize differences between the 2.xxx and the 3.550, it would really help. I couldn't find it on the karcher site.
Could you please elaborate? I am confused with the foaming part.

Thanks again for your reply.
  • If you have access to a tap and also have a budget constraint, Please go ahead with K2 series.
  • You need to buy a pipe, a connector and C clamps for using the pressure washer. The length of the pipe purely depends on what distance you prefer the unit from the tap. The recommended length is 5-6 meters. The pipe connects the Tap to the inlet of the pressure washer. C-Clamps will hold the pipe in place, and prevent the pipe from dislodging under pressure. This is available at any hardware store. Easy to source & DIY. Rest all is use out of the box.
  • K2 series was unoficially imported into India. K3 series is the basic starting model of latest pressure washers. They are officially imported into india by Karcher. K6 and K7 are commercial grade (Bus cleaning / Backhoe cleaner) with higher power and features like hot water wash etc. Not needed for domestic use.
  • K2 is very much serviceable in Chennai. Please check with the Bangalore service centre. This varies from service centre to service centre. this is similar to US mobile phones being serviced in India (some outlets honour the phone, some dont).
  • The pictures explain the difference betwen a shampoo and a foam wash. Shampoo will give the effect of soap water running down the toilet after bath / Washing Machine rinse. Megs Hyperwash would give the effect of a "Snow-foam" (shampoo head-bath) and is much thicker and lifts the dirt from the surface.

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-1359695316439.jpg

Name:  foam wash.png
Views: 2058
Size:  234.8 KB

Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-karcherk3vsk2.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Bharath, what's your take on Skill pressure washer pls?
http://www.flipkart.com/bosch-skil-h...mdstvqbcfgzncg

Adi, sorry to poke my nose, a regular car shampoo will not be of much use to make the foam. To make a foam, you'll need this or similar product - http://www.meguiars.com/en/professio...01-hyper-wash/
Stay Away from Skil. It is nowhere reliable even compared to Bosch. If you have budget constraints, buy Karcher K2 / Black and Decker / Bosch AQT in the same order.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 9th September 2014 at 19:27.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 19:39   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The pictures explain the difference betwen a shampoo and a foam wash. Shampoo will give the effect of soap water running down the toilet after bath / Washing Machine rinse. Megs Hyperwash would give the effect of a "Snow-foam" (shampoo head-bath) and is much thicker and lifts the dirt from the surface.
Soaps and detergents lift dirt from surfaces. Chemically, that is what they do and how they work One end of the molecule likes dirt, the other end likes water, and they both grab the thing they like. Yes, it's a schoolboy explanation: it's what I learnt in school!

So I don't believe that that all this foam removes dirt any more effectively than the same detergent, non-foaming, would do. I believe it is there to make us feel good! And it does: that's a lovely pic!

I'm completely open to being wrong on this. Maybe, for instance, the foam keeps the surface wetter for longer. That could certainly be an advantage in a hot climate.

Feel free to correct me
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 20:01   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Soaps and detergents lift dirt from surfaces. Chemically, that is what they do and how they work One end of the molecule likes dirt, the other end likes water, and they both grab the thing they like. Yes, it's a schoolboy explanation: it's what I learnt in school!

So I don't believe that that all this foam removes dirt any more effectively than the same detergent, non-foaming, would do. I believe it is there to make us feel good! And it does: that's a lovely pic!

I'm completely open to being wrong on this. Maybe, for instance, the foam keeps the surface wetter for longer. That could certainly be an advantage in a hot climate.

Feel free to correct me
you are correct - The "on the face" logic tells that Foam being thicker, tends to slide of the body slower than the shampoo wash, thereby lifting more dirt that the shampoo based one.

Of course, I am not sure about the actual chemical composition and the effect.
Old 9th September 2014, 21:45   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

When they invent a spray that sprays some sort of micro-fibre-particle foam, that would be different. And probably wonderful. Hey... I wish I were a scientist!
Old 9th September 2014, 23:37   #645
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

I am been quoted 8.3k for Bosch AQT 35-12 by Eco Tech solutions - Bosch Authorized distributor with shipping and taxes.
Can anyone help me up with prices from Metro for the above model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks