Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2014, 11:35   #571
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Then I thought two BHPians couldn't get the same thing wrong at the same time.

3.550 owners need to confirm this.
I agree on the part that we both being new, didn't know anything substantial.

I don't understand the point in fitting the filter from factory and not mentioning it on the box that it is 'fit in position' already. Why mention that it is inside the box and have the customer fume in anger or go haywire shooting mails.

Just received a response from Mr. Tony regarding the mail I sent saying:

"The mail has been forwarded to the concerned department and you will get a reply on Monday. Till then please bear with us!"

After Amarendranath called me saying that the filter is present already, I checked the same on my unit. Yes it is fit there. Vague I must say.

Funny part I see is, Karcher guys don't know is it that the K3.550 comes fit with the filter from factory. Why wait till Monday.

But I shall wait to see their response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Both of us are very new to this. No idea on the washers. Also the initial responses were skeptical. Who knew standard equipment would come like this and already fitted. I was thinking it had to be fitted outside the inlet hose provided.
Thanks guys anyways. Problem solved. Query put to rest.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 13:20   #572
BHPian

Re: Buying & Using a Pressure Washer

Hi I have brought Bosch AQT-33-10. The issue is with connecting the hose to the water tap, Brought the plastic connector which is used to connect garden hose. However, this could not hold the pressure and get detached? Any solution?

Also is there a special adaptor to connect the hose to the water inlet of the main unit?
Old 5th July 2014, 17:28   #573
BHPian

Even had gone back to metro to enquire about missing filter,it is a small pencil like filter fitted inside inlet point,SO pls
Old 7th July 2014, 05:48   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Hi I have brought Bosch AQT-33-10. The issue is with connecting the hose to the water tap, Brought the plastic connector which is used to connect garden hose. However, this could not hold the pressure and get detached? Any solution?

Also is there a special adaptor to connect the hose to the water inlet of the main unit?
I have Aquatak 100 plus and have the same problem because of which car washing becomes a two man job
Pointers anyone in using any special adaptor for this purpose?
Old 7th July 2014, 07:46   #575
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I have Aquatak 100 plus and have the same problem because of which car washing becomes a two man job
You can get a quickfit connector at Spar/auchan or at some high end hardware store.It has a spring loaded collar which you fit over the inlet
nijelj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 08:56   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Connect a length of hose (1 meter is enough) permanently to the intake side of the pump. Then put a hose joiner shown in the pic at the end of this hose, this is also permanently connected to the hose.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-psc_1.jpg
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20140707_084952.jpg
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-20140707_085023.jpg
Now connect the hose from the tap to this hose joiner. I'm using this method to connect the pump to the water supply without any leaks.

I was told that i could use the click on type hose joiner on the machine directly but was not able to find one yet locally.
Buying & Using a Pressure Washer-end_hose_coupling.jpg
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 09:27   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

You need these two pieces of accessories to have a trouble free pressure washing.

http://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/hos...connector.html

http://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/hos...onnectors.html

The first one will go into the Aquatak at the back and the second one will fit into the first accessory.

The hose connector can be unscrewed at one end and the water pipe pushed in and tightened. To use the normal 1/2 inch pipe you need both Accessory 1 and 2 of half inch .

These are not easily available at our usual hardware shops. The persons who sell the pressure washers usually stock this.

If you have high end agricultural shops catering to drip irrigation kinds then there is a good chance they will have it. You can start your search from there.

In Bangalore the only place where i could find it in Auchan Super market in Mantri Mall

Even my pressure washer experience was frustrating because of the pipe coming off frequently! Until i chanced upon these and grabbed a couple of them for future also!

Search for them on AliExpress. You have lots of them.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 7th July 2014 at 09:35.
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:44   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi experts,

Need to buy a pressure washer for use on jeep after offroad sessions.

Requirements:
- Durable
- Prefer bosch since service centre is close by and i trust the brand
- Need to use a bucket of water as a water source. Do NOT have a water connection nearby in our building - important.
- If any washer has a inbuilt water storage system, then preferable.
- Not horribly expensive (i'd prefer sub 15k range)
- needs to clean the muck so pressure should be good.

Also give indicative prices if possible.
Old 7th July 2014, 17:12   #579
Senior - BHPian

HI Tejas,
From the research i have done, none of brands are offering reliable service. Except for couple of models such as Bosh professional (cost 40k).
There are assembled ones available. This runs on 1hp/2hp motor with 3 piston plunger driven by belt and pulley. Looks clumsy. But works. If you can install this more or less permanently this is best solution. This is movable though. Sucks water from a bucket or barrel. When pressure gun is closed, water is just returned to the same source (not at pressure). NO Switch off switch on type.
The pressure and delivery is at a much better level than provided by most off the shelf washer. Best part is it is repairable. You can buy, piston or parts separately. Easily Maintainable.
I have seen at friends place where he uses for maintaining his quad bike.
kutlee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 17:44   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
So if you do come across any Bosch unit leaking from the pump please do share it here.
I was one of the early users of Aquatek 100 plus, way back in 2005. One month after I picked it up, water started leaking from the pump. I was told as to a peculiar problem of no trace of oil.

I was given a replacement pump, which went kaput in another 2 months. On talking to the product manager the pump was taken back and rectified it once more. By this time I was fed up with it and kept it lying at my garage.

In 2009, I picked it up and tried, voila in the first use itself water started leaking from the pump.

Fast forward 2014, I wanted to clean my patio, I got Aquatek 150. I was given a 2010 made one. This fellow seems to be built sturdy, but in under a week, the roto nozzle has gone kaput!!

I guess its me
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 19:03   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hi experts,

Requirements:
- Durable
- Need to use a bucket of water as a water source. Do NOT have a water connection nearby in our building - important.

Hi Tejas - the only pressure washer that can "suck" from a stagnant surce is Karcher K 3.550. I dont think the Bosch units can suck water. They need a running source like a tap. I am in the same boat as you. . I dont want to invest more on the Karcher, but Bosch ones are not so reliable and dont have the "sucking" capacity.

The only icing is the unit is available for 15K at Metro stores.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 7th July 2014 at 19:11.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 19:11   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks. Need to do more research on Karcher.

We don't have metro stores in Mumbai though.
Old 7th July 2014, 19:42   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are okay with a film of dirt still on the vehicle (which needs agitation by hand), you may go with even the 5k Skil model; but only the Karcher in this range can provide you with continuous usage due to water cooled induction motor. So if you have more jeeps to wash, the continuous operation will be a benefit or else, you can take 2 min breaks after say every 5 min usage. Apart, it is only the Karcher models in this range that does not need a tap source.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 21:17   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Need to do more research on Karcher.

We don't have metro stores in Mumbai though.
Sir - we do

We have Metro stores in Borivali East, W.E Highway and Bhandup West LBS Marg.

I have visited the Borivali store and they DO NO have KArcher pressure washer. They stock only Bosch 33-10.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 12:07   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
I was one of the early users of Aquatek 100 plus, way back in 2005. One month after I picked it up, water started leaking from the pump. I was told as to a peculiar problem of no trace of oil.

I was given a replacement pump, which went kaput in another 2 months. On talking to the product manager the pump was taken back and rectified it once more. By this time I was fed up with it and kept it lying at my garage.

In 2009, I picked it up and tried, voila in the first use itself water started leaking from the pump.
Mine was the Aquatak 100 not the plus, i bought it in 2010, used it till 2012 Nov without leaks now a friend using it in his 2 wheeler garage.

Quote:
Fast forward 2014, I wanted to clean my patio, I got Aquatek 150. I was given a 2010 made one. This fellow seems to be built sturdy, but in under a week, the roto nozzle has gone kaput!!

I guess its me
I bought the Aquatak 150 in 2012 Dec. I don't use roto nozzle too often as i don't use it on the car. When i use the roto after a month or two of storage the roto nozzle don't roto when the pump is turned on, but after a few seconds it frees itself. A puff of WD40 sprayed into the end before storage seems to have cured the roto nozzle freezing issue. Hard water will affect the roto nozzle when the water evaporates leaving the residue behind, this build up will eventually freeze the roto ball inside the lance.

Quote:
Hi experts,

Requirements:
- Durable

Under 15k range karcher is the only washer which has a self priming function. If that is important go with the karcher. Bosch comes with self priming function in their Clic and Professional range of cleaners.

Be warned that K3.550 does have a leaking issue. If i had been looking for a self priming pump in this price range i would buy the karcher inspite of the leak as i don't have another option and because the leak is on the low pressure side. If i was spending more i would buy Bosch as i trust their range of power tools.

Karcher leak
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ka...sher%20leaking

Bosch leak
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=bo...hrome&ie=UTF-8

PS: Look at the first link under related search for the Bosch leak URL. Don't miss the related searches under Karcher either.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks