Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2006, 14:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Say, if you are going from Nungabakkam to Anna Nagar through Nelson Manickam Rd, you have a Spencers Daily store on the Left after the Sony Showroom. AtoZ Engg is just opposite this.
ajo, actually A-to-Z is more like opposite the Sony showroom / FedBank ATM. Need not go down till "Spencers Daily".

I am also thinking of adding sideskirts to the Baleno. Only worry is the 12kms of offroading (the Old Mahab Road from TIDEL Park to Thoraipakkam) that I have to do daily to work and back, which could leave the car skirtless.
Old 14th December 2006, 17:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Only worry is the 12kms of offroading (the Old Mahab Road from TIDEL Park to Thoraipakkam) that I have to do daily to work and back, which could leave the car skirtless.
My cousin's Indica has holes and bad dents on his skirts. The road to his house has 2 speedbreakers, a steep culvert and a pipe jetting out the road. Its best to avoid if you are taking bad roads continuously.
Old 15th December 2006, 11:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ajo, actually A-to-Z is more like opposite the Sony showroom / FedBank ATM. Need not go down till "Spencers Daily".

I am also thinking of adding sideskirts to the Baleno. Only worry is the 12kms of offroading (the Old Mahab Road from TIDEL Park to Thoraipakkam) that I have to do daily to work and back, which could leave the car skirtless.

SB, i am sure you dont want your baby to be skirtless after you skirted her. at least now no one is going to notice it. lol

dont even try that. it does look awesome, imagine the number of potholes, speed breakers etc we negotiate everyday. your car will look faster but move very much slower since you will have to literally stop your car when you approach a speed breaker & also risk some fool bumping you from behind. i drove a car with skirts & it felt very bad.
Old 15th December 2006, 12:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sorry. Got posted before I completed.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th December 2006 at 12:22.
Old 15th December 2006, 12:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

e_l, you know what, the whole problem is due to the heart and brains thinking differently. Anyway, I will surely give it some more thought.

BTW, Chennai guys, here are som mod shop addresses that I got from the net.

1) Dreams Auto Pvt Ltd,
Arihant VTN Square, 104, G.N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600 017
044-28223894, 28226358, 52122007 info@ozindia.com

Deals in :
OWS Performance Products, Xenon High Intensity Discharge System, Webasto
Sunroofs, Sparco Tuning Kits, K & N Filter, MS Design Body Kits, AutoMech
Exhausts, MsDesign Products, OZ Racing Alloy Wheels, Motor sport wheels.

2) PJ Speed Shop,
No 2/197, Muttukkadu, ECR, Chennai - 603 112
0411-4272894, 9884121584 pj@pjspeedshop.com

Deals in : Alloy Wheels, Filters and stuff

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th December 2006 at 12:13.
Old 15th December 2006, 14:36   #21
BANNED

Quote:
supremeBaleno - please don't even think about it. Especially if you have to travel on OMR.
Old 15th December 2006, 17:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1)
Dreams Auto Pvt Ltd,
Arihant VTN Square, 104, G.N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600 017
044-28223894, 28226358, 52122007 info@ozindia.com
Deals in :
OWS Performance Products, Xenon High Intensity Discharge System, Webasto
Sunroofs, Sparco Tuning Kits, K & N Filter, MS Design Body Kits, AutoMech
Exhausts, MsDesign Products, OZ Racing Alloy Wheels, Motor sport wheels.
This person usually sells the stuff. I am not sure whether they install it. Atleast, there is no place to install it at his location.

Quote:
2) PJ Speed Shop,
No 2/197, Muttukkadu, ECR, Chennai - 603 112
0411-4272894, 9884121584 pj@pjspeedshop.com
Deals in : Alloy Wheels, Filters and stuff
PJ is our member. You can PM him for help. He also sells spoilers. Unluckily he didnt have any for me.
Old 15th December 2006, 21:29   #23
BHPian

Oh... thanks a lot guys... I think this much info is enough(to locate A to z).. Has anyone done mods from there before? I am planning to fit front, rear bumpers and side skirts(optional) to my lancer. Do AtoZ have car graphics also?? Anyone knows a better place for it in chennai(preferably less expensive.. for graphics)??

I saw a lancer in Ayanavaram vertical door converted. I stopped and asked him about the fiting. He was not sure since it was his son's car, but only from him I came to know about AtoZ. I doubt whether they do this. Will confirm you all on this...

MJ
Old 16th December 2006, 15:38   #24
BHPian

hey MJ,

just check this place out also....its called Srivari Enterprises, close to Valluvar Kottam Roundtana.....Call Naren on 98405 23222.....I believe he has just imported full / semi body kits for the Swift and Civic. There is a racing blue swift done up by him (with masked tail lamps)....its by far the most neatly modded swift in Chennai

Cheers,

J
Old 18th December 2006, 13:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

I did the rounds of a couple of wheel shops on Saturday searching for alloys.

Dreams Auto stocks only OZ Racing wheels which are mighty expensive. He has a shop in the basement and I asked him where he would fit the wheels. He mentioned some tyre shop around the corner nearby.

Next stop was XL tyres (near Hotel Navin Int'l, T.Nagar). The guy was very well-informed and able to talk intelligently about tyres, wheels, profiles etc etc. Prices though were costlier than BM Lal and Tyrestore, Greams Road. He also stocks K&N filters and other car stuff.
Old 18th December 2006, 17:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

SB, XL tyres will reduce the price if you tell him that this is the price in BM Lal. i did the same. just like you said, that guy, his name is ram, is pretty good & he quoted 2800/- per tyre for my 175/70/R13, Michelins. i had already confirmed the price at BM Lal & told him that it was 2630/- there. after a minute , he agreed for that price & i took it from him
Old 17th December 2009, 23:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Ya, I know the place. I guess AtoZ does some skirts. Need to confirm. I am sure he does this body work.

I just went down to the place today, the place was apparently shutdown 2 years back due some legal issues . Is there any other place that does skirts in chennai?
Old 17th December 2009, 23:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
I just went down to the place today, the place was apparently shutdown 2 years back due some legal issues . Is there any other place that does skirts in chennai?
K.E. Kumar runs a hotel near the track now

What sort of a mod job do you want?
Old 19th December 2009, 18:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprechaun View Post
check out Haute Car Zone,OMR just before the perungudi signal opp. india infoline bldg.
then there's Suresh, his shop is called 'fibro field' on thayar sahib street, GP road, opp. alankar complex in Mount road.
both do installations as well as fabrication of your requested design.
Old 19th December 2009, 20:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

[QUOTE-sterlingjames]then there's Suresh, his shop is called 'fibro field' on thayar sahib street, GP road, opp. alankar complex in Mount road.[/quote]
'Fibre Suresh' is in Pudupet.
Mentioning GP Road will send Leprechaun to Royapettah, man.

Or has Fibre Suresh shifted?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks