Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 15:34   #136
BHPian

Re: About Vinyl Wraps

Has anyone tried Vinyl Wrapping a Safari ?
I was thinking of doing a Matt Black for my Safari LX with the Side cladding left as is (Grey).
I guess its going to cost a bomb. Any idea of what the cost might be?
Old 19th December 2014, 23:26   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I was thinking of doing a Matt Black for my Safari LX with the Side cladding left as is (Grey).
Cost should be 25-30 for a good quality wrap!
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:31   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Where did you get it done in Chennai?
What was the cost to do only the roof.
3M Nungambakkam has quoted Rs290 per square ft., costing about 3-4K just for roof. Is there any others who do a good job in Chennai?
Roof was Rs. 2K. Material was not 3M as it did not want to go for it considering the cost. Done at Xena sticker shop opposite Vettri theater (between Balajee Bhavan and Titan showroom) in Chromepet. I know the owner Seenu.

The other place I see where a lot of people do their wrap is Car sense near the Thillai Ganga nagar subway, right opposite to the HMP service station. He quoted me 3K for the roof wrap with a vinyls from a company called LG.
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:05   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
The Plastic Cladding is not good for wraps. I can tell they will start coming off/ bubble up in a few weeks time.

Factory Painting and finishing is the way for it, and it comes much cheaper.
I got mine done (Mineral Earth-gold finish) for just 16K from the Dealer itself at the time of delivery and it looked just like the standard top end model.
Old 7th January 2015, 14:44   #140
BHPian

Sorry for the bad image. Got the roof and rear view mirrors wrapped with gloss black techwrap. The result is as good as paint. Cost was about 5k, time taken was 2 hours. Really satisfied with the result and happy I did not choose the cheaper option for half the cost. Recommend the place if you are from Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
About Vinyl Wraps-screenshots_20150107135330.png  

Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 13:32   #141
BHPian

any one knows some shop in Noida which does vinyl wraps.
Old 27th January 2015, 09:39   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the bad image. Got the roof and rear view mirrors wrapped with gloss black techwrap. The result is as good as paint. Cost was about 5k, time taken was 2 hours. Really satisfied with the result and happy I did not choose the cheaper option for half the cost. Recommend the place if you are from Chennai.
thats a really nice wrap job. can you share a few more pics? maybe a few in the sun
Old 27th January 2015, 10:58   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Where was this wrap done? Looks like you missed it in your post.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:15   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
thats a really nice wrap job. can you share a few more pics? maybe a few in the sun
I am yet to take a picture in the open. I am not sure which angle to take the picture. The black roof gels well with the car that common eye does not see it as a modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Where was this wrap done? Looks like you missed it in your post.
I got it done at Modern beauty cars, Royapetta, opposite to Express avenue, contact person is Mr. Tanuj. This place is frequented by exotic cars for wrap job and they give a good finish.
Because he made me wait for 2hrs, I was provided with free car perfume (ambipur) and wrap of the B pillar free of cost, was even ready to do the window frame of all doors.
Old 16th February 2015, 09:16   #145
BHPian

Hi all,
Does anyone know if they sell vinyl wraps separately (no installation, only selling)? And, how much these wraps alone cost in India (preferably chennai)?
I currently reside in South Korea. One of my Korean friends asked me if I can buy chrome vinyl wrap (glossy gold) for him, when I visit India this month. Apparently these wraps are quite costly in Korea. As per him, it'll cost about ₹300K for a full body wrap on his SUV (Ford Explorer) in Korea. But in India, these wraps may be available at a considerably cheaper price (maybe about ₹100K - ₹150K). He needs about 22mX1.5m of sheets.
Can anyone make a suggestion?
-Palani.
Old 17th February 2015, 15:40   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurupalani View Post
Hi all,
Does anyone know if they sell vinyl wraps separately (no installation, only selling)? And, how much these wraps alone cost in India (preferably chennai)?
He needs about 22mX1.5m of sheets.
Can anyone make a suggestion?
-Palani.

+919884441146.
You can contact him through facebook if that's easier for you.
I guess he can help you with the details.
He deals with a good quality branded wrap material called "techwrap".
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 18:11   #147
BHPian

I was in process of getting the fiber body lining Vinyl Wrapped on me Octavia. The car is black so wanted to get the glossy vinyl done from 3m. They coated INR 320/- per s/f.

Dint work. The vinyl refused to stick on the fiber pieces! Finally on the way home, bought a black shoe polish and applied them on the dull fiber lining and voila, to an extend they dint look very faded. Shoes polish once a week now.

Cheers
Old 18th February 2015, 11:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Mile View Post
I was in process of getting the fiber body lining Vinyl Wrapped on me Octavia. The car is black so wanted to get the glossy vinyl done from 3m. They coated INR 320/- per s/f.

Dint work. The vinyl refused to stick on the fiber pieces! Finally on the way home, bought a black shoe polish and applied them on the dull fiber lining and voila, to an extend they dint look very faded. Shoes polish once a week now.

Cheers
Sorry if this doesnt fit here, but do give Plasti-Dip a try. They conceal chrome and fiber finished parts quite well. Also the added protection.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 14:09   #149
ais
BHPian

Car wrap in colour different from original

I've been checking out vinyl car wrap films available in various colours and finishes, from 3M, Avery Dennison etc.

I have a new BMW 320d in Imperial Blue color. While the colour is nice, the ribs on the sides and the muscular, sleek look of the car is better accentuated in lighter colours. I'm also considering this as an alternative to Paint Protection Film though vinyl is not exactly meant for that and at best will prevent swirls and scratches on the car's original paint. I'll look for a lighter shade of blue.

Has any member gone for a colour change or full car wrap in vinyl? Any information on this would be appreciated. Anything on requirements to alter or revise anything with the RTO due to colour change will also help. 3M says there is no need for any formality as this is only accessorising, while Avery Dennison says we need to make changes at the RTO.
Old 26th March 2015, 15:31   #150
BHPian

Re: Car wrap in colour different from original

AFAIK vinly wraps are temporary. I dont think so anyone wrapping their cars is getting is endorsed on the smart card. Also if cops catch you and ask for your smart card, just tell them that the shade of the wrap is the same color as mentioned on the card. How many people can differentiate in shades of color plus the way car manufacturers name their colors its difficult to tell.

OT : The colour of my car is called heather mist. Now seriously if you ask someone they will call that colour silverish gold. :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks