Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 18:55   #46
BHPian

Re: Modifications to make a car "Highway-Friendly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
• Some UVs have extremely short gearing that's a pain on the highway. When I changed the final drive of my Classic to 4.2, it resulted in a noticeable improvement on the open road.
Changing the final drive ratio will give a wrong speedo reading? Wont it? I also plan to change it from 3.9 to 4.1 in my 118NE but hesitating as it will mess up with the Odo & speedometer.
Old 8th November 2012, 15:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
Try ultraracing.com, I had recieved a quote when I had just bought my innova to control the sway, and I am now seriously considering the same, -----
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
I got the entire set fitted to my Innova in February last year. The kit included the front and rear anti sway bars from Ultraracing.com; thru Aditya Nath, of Ultra Racing India.And of course fitting these will invite some conversation from curious cab drivers who want to know what the extra 'rods' are for :-)
IMHO, the biggest and most practical change in the Innova that will make it highway friendly is 225/60R15 tires. The upgrade can be done in < INR10k when one purchases a new car, in exchange of existing tires.

In the Innova, the ride is one of the most level of all the UVs and while the sway control can help further (Unsure how much), I believe that wider tires should be a first investment that one should make for making the car highway friendly. We brake a lot more than cornering on the edge in any vehicle - UV or otherwise.

I would love to have a slightly taller 5th gear or an additional sixth gear in the Innova.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 8th November 2012 at 15:45.
Old 9th November 2012, 17:18   #48
CJP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
IMHO, the biggest and most practical change in the Innova that will make it highway friendly is 225/60R15 tires. The upgrade can be done in < INR10k when one purchases a new car, in exchange of existing tires.
This was the first thing I did, Yokohamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
In the Innova, the ride is one of the most level of all the UVs and while the sway control can help further (Unsure how much), I believe that wider tires should be a first investment that one should make for making the car highway friendly. We brake a lot more than cornering on the edge in any vehicle - UV or otherwise.

I would love to have a slightly taller 5th gear or an additional sixth gear in the Innova.
I have fitted a Tune-it box, and a taller gear would be just great for cruising on the highway.
CJP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 16:13   #49
BHPian

Just bumping up this great thread! I own an Alto K10 and am looking for options to primarily increase long drive comfort. Last week I did a 500 km one way trip and it was extremely tiring.

1.) My first concern is the seat. It is really uncomfortable on long drives. Right now its all bare bones factory fit. I dont even have a seat cover. I am sure going to put art leather covers. But not sure how far that would help in long drives.

2.) Can I change my seats to something more comfy, with more cushioning and support. Any pointers to any vendor in Bangalore?

3.) A center arm rest should sure be a boon for long drives. Again pl let me know where I can get this done in Bangalore.

4.) The brakes! K10 brakes are widow makers. Anything above 80 Kmph on the highway and you are at god's mercy. Can something be done to improve the brakes?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Just bumping up this great thread! I own an Alto K10 and am looking for options to primarily increase long drive comfort. Last week I did a 500 km one way trip and it was extremely tiring.

1.) My first concern is the seat. It is really uncomfortable on long drives. Right now its all bare bones factory fit. I dont even have a seat cover. I am sure going to put art leather covers. But not sure how far that would help in long drives.
No idea, art-leather seats does not increase the comfort. If the climate is hot, it can make your drive worse

Quote:
2.) Can I change my seats to something more comfy, with more cushioning and support. Any pointers to any vendor in Bangalore?
Thread on Karlsson Leather:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2005161

Quote:
3.) A center arm rest should sure be a boon for long drives. Again pl let me know where I can get this done in Bangalore.
Please look for coido universal arm rest on ebay or snapdeal. a local shop specializing in seat covers, audio would be able to fix it.

Thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3079342

Quote:
4.) The brakes! K10 brakes are widow makers. Anything above 80 Kmph on the highway and you are at god's mercy. Can something be done to improve the brakes?

Thanks in advance.
Better brakes are a combination of so many factors like pads, disc/drum, boosters.

Get your brakes cleaned during next service, get an after market brake pad fitted for better braking efficiency.
Mr_Bean is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 17:17   #51
BHPian

My two cents.
  • A bottle of hand sanitizer,
  • A bottle of Glass cleaner,
  • A wad of old newspapers (nothing cleans windscreen like a dash of colin and through wiping with old newspapers especially in monsoon where nothing else will get rid of smears created by diesel and oil fumes),
  • A garbage bag to collect your waste to avoid littering
  • Spare Headlight bulbs
  • A 2ft piece of galvanized pipe 1" dia to add extra leverage to loosen wheel nuts
  • A can of WD 40
  • A roll of insulation tape for minor repairs / splicing
  • A first aid kit (not the joke supplied by the manufacturer)
Old 12th August 2013, 21:49   #52
BHPian

I like add up one more to the list. Protecting front bumper, grill & bonnet from sand dust & air pollution stitch some kind of bra made in some soft waterproof cloth to match the particular car shape & using Velcro to strap those areas. Yes, the looks if you don't mind.
Old 15th August 2013, 15:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal.Wiz. View Post
My two cents.
  • A wad of old newspapers (nothing cleans windscreen like a dash of colin and through wiping with old newspapers especially in monsoon where nothing else will get rid of smears created by diesel and oil fumes),
Newspaper will induce swirls on your windshield which you may not notice in the daytime. But come night & the glares will be blinding.
Newsprint Paper does not have a tendency to absorb the fine grit & acts as a sandpaper. The glass will be cleaned as the water is absorbed but not the grit.
Best is to use liberal water followed by a wipe with a good quality Microfiber towel. Do a 2nd pass with a glass cleaner (Colin or something like that) & wipe again with a Microfiber.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks