Team-BHP - PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/117512-pics-tastefully-modified-cars-india-288.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariesonu (Post 4726485)
In last few pages, I have noted that there are many cars that have heavily tinted glasses. See CIAZ & BRIO on previous page & RAPID on this page.
Being TBHP, are we unconsciously promoting such cars in the name of Tastefully Modified.

Yes we may also argue that many mods, seen on this thread, are street illegal but still a thought.

Regards-SS

True. However in that case this entire thread is technically illegal according to MV Act:)

Pics of my 5 year old GT TDi
Mod list as follows-
1. SS decat full system exhaust - Race concepts
2. Lowered on Triple S spring
3. Running 195/55/16 Conti MC5 with anthracite Gen 1 VRS alloys
4. Cross drilled rotors and EBC pads
5. 3 way active audio - Audible physics NZ3ALBE, Brahma mid bass, Morel Ultimo sub, Zapco mono, Biketronic 4 channel all controlled by Helix DSP Pro

This is my daily drive ☺️ Crossed 77k recently

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariesonu (Post 4726485)
In last few pages, I have noted that there are many cars that have heavily tinted glasses. See CIAZ & BRIO on previous page & RAPID on this page.
Being TBHP, are we unconsciously promoting such cars in the name of Tastefully Modified.

Yes we may also argue that many mods, seen on this thread, are street illegal but still a thought.

Regards-SS

Hi there ,
I am the one posted the Ciaz on previous page. I can guarantee that it didn't have a heavily tinted window glass / wind shield.

The light intensity at the time of clicking the image and the camera angle made it look like so. Also if you notice the Creta parked next to the Ciaz, also had almost similar tint on the glass, but in reality it was well within legal limits visually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asish_VK (Post 4731605)
Hi there ,
I am the one posted the Ciaz on the previous page. I can guarantee that it didn't have a heavily tinted window glass / windshield.
but in reality it was well within legal limits visually.

If I remember correctly, the Supreme Court of India complete banned the usage of tinted glasses and sun films back in 2012, even if it's 100% VLT. The exception to this was factory fitted tinted glass. Am I missing something here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicor (Post 4732174)
If I remember correctly, the Supreme Court of India complete banned the usage of tinted glasses and sun films back in 2012, even if it's 100% VLT. The exception to this was factory fitted tinted glass. Am I missing something here?

I don't have complete picture of the rule, But IIRC, 70% and 50% VLT is allowed for Windshield and Window glasses respectively, and use of films are only prohibited, not tinted glasses.

Anyway , the car in question didn't had a heavily tinted glass as 'seen' in the pictures. It was because of the light intensity and may be camera angle

I have tried to give a different look to my Creta. Basically I blackened the C pillar with a glossy black wrap. Tried to match it with A pillar, but the reflections look a tiny bit different because A pillar is plastic clad. I had seen many black roof Creta, but I had never seen a Creta that has only C pillar blackened. It was an experiment. I'm a designer, so tried this look using photo editing tools first. It looked decent, hence executed this mod. I want to know what T-BHPians think about my humble mod.

I will let the pictures do the talking:

Looks a little longer IMO (Optical illusion):

Closeup:

Roof is 100% floating now:

The wrap completely folds inside the tail gate:

This is just an experiment to enhance the looks. Please be generous with your comments - good or bad. All feedback is welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjunathkl (Post 4732462)
I have tried to give a different look to my Creta. Basically I blackened the C pillar with a glossy black wrap.

This is just an experiment to enhance the looks. Please be generous with your comments - good or bad. All feedback is welcome.

It does look quite good. Definitely an improvement over the stock design.

A complete roof wrap at least to me doesn't make sense since you almost never see it on CSUV unless you are looking down on the car and with rising temperatures it becomes even more impractical. A floating roof effect is much better.

Can't the plastic trims be wrapped too. That might just complete the look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjunathkl (Post 4732462)
I have tried to give a different look to my Creta. Basically, I blackened the C pillar with a glossy black wrap.

Looks decent and yes makes the car feel longer than it is when seen from the sides.

Please think of adding a spoiler and see how it looks. I love how the looks change when a Creta sports a regular spoiler (not the cloth hanger types). :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JithinR (Post 4732475)
It does look quite good. Definitely an improvement over the stock design.

Thanks, I was very apprehensive about how this mod will turn out.

Quote:

A complete roof wrap at least to me doesn't make sense since you almost never see it on CSUV unless you are looking down on the car and with rising temperatures it becomes even more impractical. A floating roof effect is much better.

Complete roof wrap was dismissed by my finance minister at home. lol: Actual reasons for not opting for complete roof wrap:
1. As you pointed out - It would increase the heat absorption (My prev car was black, I know how it is).
2. A lot more vitamin M needed
3. Black roof looks smashing on white and red Cretas. Was not sure how the combination would look with Silver body color.
4. If we didn't like the looks and decided to remove the wrap - it will be bigger loss.

Quote:

Can't the plastic trims be wrapped too. That might just complete the look.

I felt that it would not make a huge difference if I didn't cover the plastic trims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4732494)
Looks decent and yes makes the car feel longer than it is when seen from the sides.

Thanks, I think it is tasteful enough to be on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4732494)
Please think of adding a spoiler and see how it looks. I love how the looks change when a Creta sports a regular spoiler (not the cloth hanger types). :)

I think all variants of Creta comes with a standard spoiler. Even my Creta has it. Surely no-no to cloth hangers.

Updated my car in small increments as shown below.

LED DRLs and LED fog lamps
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-4ede3ee7556d471abecbaebf6db47683.jpeg

Android head unit : when off
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-eb466279170047fab649618e12a7fa7a.jpeg

Android head unit : when on at night. Lighted hazard light switch too.
PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-bee374cdbc5e434186f93a38cf9237ef.jpeg

I have added K&N air filter too, the bottom end and overall pickup has slightly improved.

Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjunathkl (Post 4732501)
I think all variants of Creta comes with a standard spoiler. Even my Creta has it. Surely no-no to cloth hangers.

I have added an aftermarket spoiler from an accessory shop. No drilling was required. Attaching two pictures of my car as an example:

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_20180630_1358431820x1024__01.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-img_20180830_1827071820x1024.jpg

My tastefully (according to me) modified 2016 Honda City

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-cc0db968632844a2afc9110d27114f7d.jpeg
Older photo. Alloy wheels upgraded today.
Pls. ignore Government board. The vehicle is used by my father who is a government employee.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-1c2fff09e0bd4acf9cdedb3fab555b36.jpeg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-ddd3ab9b801c4bb9bc01192d182aeaf4.jpeg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-5c6ca49ad1d94f0cbb1fcf77e5abcae4.jpeg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-52f3506960994bdf9c1318adfed03075.jpeg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-356b92930e0d458b9d50b27dcfccf3ed.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjunathkl (Post 4732501)

Thanks, I think it is tasteful enough to be on this thread.

But your photos are not (no offence). These photos don't do justice to the car :D

Please post a proper side profile photo. You are creative enough to come up with a floating roof wrap idea, please put some effort to click a nice picture and some basic post processing in the phone itself please:

The wrap looks nice by the way, surely enhances the look of your car

Here are a few photos of my 2003 Toyota Corolla,

The shimmering blue paint looks nice. Please take off that oversized spoiler.