Team-BHP - PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/117512-pics-tastefully-modified-cars-india-287.html)

Along with the Florescent 'Tags' attached to front/back bumper , Mods own country has a fetish towards the Wheels sticking out of the wheel arches.

Some of them looks cool though !

Quote:

Originally Posted by car love (Post 4717563)
A bit OTT i would say. In this day and age wheels sticking out of wheel arch in a modern car is not very cool..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vysakh (Post 4717629)
Wheels sticking out of the wheel arch should automatically go to the other thread IMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asish_VK (Post 4717631)
Along with the Florescent 'Tags' attached to front/back bumper , Mods own country has a fetish towards the Wheels sticking out of the wheel arches. Some of them looks cool though !

The Lifetime Award for wheels STICKING out of arches can only go to Punjab, my home state. This poor SELTOS or Kerala is not even anywhere fractionally closer to what you can see on PB roads.

I loved the seats & DeChrome job.

Rgds-Sonu

Thought this was a good effort despite the safety concerns.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-bajajrickshawrvhomeindiamodify3.jpg

Quote:

23-year-old PR Arun Prabhu, from the Bangalore-based design and architecture startup, Billboards, has converted a Bajaj RE three-wheeler pick-up into a house. The engineering expertise and packaging efficiency that have gone into the project are quite impressive; everything made possible for just a lakh rupees within a period of five months.

Arun’s home-on-wheels project is more than just a space to rest and is loaded with all the amenities one would ever want. Inside, there’s a bedroom (on the upper deck), bathroom, kitchen (with space to keep all the utensils), workspace, water heater and even a toilet. The vehicle has a 250-litre water tank at the top, along with a 600W solar panel coupled to a battery inside the cabin that can power all the essential electrical equipment.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-bajajrickshawmodifiedrvhomeindia2.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-bajajrickshawmodifiedhomeindia1.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-bajajrickshawmodifiedhomeindia5768x432.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-bajajrickshawrvhomeindiamodify11068x1234.jpg

For more pics -Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4719224)

Very good effort, but should have looked at better alternatives for the motor home. The three wheeler is already woefully under powered in stock form, don't know how it will cope with all the extra weight.
Bolero Pickup, Thar DI would have been ideal for the project.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmiester (Post 4719293)
The three wheeler is already woefully under powered in stock form, don't know how it will cope with all the extra weight.
Bolero Pickup, Thar DI would have been ideal for the project.

And three wheelers are very less stable in comparison with most four wheelers. If someone is spending so much time, money and energy for such a project, he should have used a four wheel vehicle.

BUT, that would not get such publicity. Turning three wheeler into a house is bigger news and gets more limelight.

Forget about turning, how will this thing climb a bridge with/without load? I mean, if you’re going to live on the beach or some open ground permanently, then it’s alright but right now it’s literally a brick against the wind. Wish he’d been a little bit more logical in his approach and at least extended the wheelbase or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 (Post 4719350)
Forget about turning, how will this thing climb a bridge with/without load? I mean, if you’re going to live on the beach or some open ground permanently, then it’s alright but right now it’s literally a brick against the wind. Wish he’d been a little bit more logical in his approach and at least extended the wheelbase or something.

Its not his house. It is only for awareness and showing the concept. According to this article, the entire structure apart from the auto is made from scrap metals. "Mr. Arun designed a 36-sq.ft portable house named ‘Solo’ on an autorickshaw, to demonstrate possibilities of creating hygienic, proper housing even on a small space with proper design"
Much like engineer undergrads make open-wheel roadsters.
So, for that effort, full kudos to Arun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 (Post 4719358)
Yes, I know it’s a concept and I give the man his due credits. But practicality has to be maintained right? On a side note, I wonder if it’s even road legal? please:

Probably not. But this is India. The cops may only challan him for overload, and then maybe catch a short nap inside and send him on his way. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4719357)
Its not his house. It is only for awareness and showing the concept. According to this article, the entire structure apart from the auto is made from scrap metals. "Mr. Arun designed a 36-sq.ft portable house named ‘Solo’ on an autorickshaw, to demonstrate possibilities of creating hygienic, proper housing even on a small space with proper design"
Much like engineer undergrads make open-wheel roadsters.
So, for that effort, full kudos to Arun.

Yes, I know it’s a concept and I give the man his due credits. But practicality has to be maintained right? On a side note, I wonder if it’s even road legal? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 (Post 4719350)

The Auto looks like Bajaj Maxima or something similar, which has a payload capacity of about 500Kgs and gradeability of 15-18%. We had a two stroke Lambretta auto which was used to transport farm produce, It would carry 600-700KG load on a mud road with decent gradient without much fuss! The biggest problem however is handling, it would topple, go wheelie easily and needs expert hands.

Great Effort :thumbs up

Reminds me of Jezza's caravan in top gear caravan challenge

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-jeremy27s_citroen_stuck.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVJBTUcLARE

I really like the way this guy has modded his 2013 City's interiors. Very subtle yet somehow lifts the experience overall (P.S I'm not a fan of Hypersonic systems but it seems to work good here)

Pictures of my 16 months old Rapid TDI DSG.

Modifications:
1. 2 stage ceramic coating
2. Suspension - Bilstein B6
3. Springs - Cobra (front/rear drop is 20/30 mm)
4. Rotors - Tarox G88
5. Tyres - Continental MC5 195/55/r16
6. FE Retrofit bulbs in stock halogen projectors
7. Morel component speakers at the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4719224)
For more pics -Source

Can still be made legal if he turns this into a trailer & pull it with that three wheeler.

Regards-SS

https://youtu.be/c4veHR-m7A0

Found this tastefully modified Maruti 800 on a YouTube channel.

In last few pages, I have noted that there are many cars that have heavily tinted glasses. See CIAZ & BRIO on previous page & RAPID on this page.
Being TBHP, are we unconsciously promoting such cars in the name of Tastefully Modified.

Yes we may also argue that many mods, seen on this thread, are street illegal but still a thought.

Regards-SS