Team-BHP - PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/117512-pics-tastefully-modified-cars-india-282.html)

Found this beauty on insta.
Disclaimer-I do not own this pic, nor am I associated with the owner in any way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai (Post 4289983)
Volvo S 80. Wrapped.

Attachment 1687133

Thank you Rao Saheb, In between I got 18 and 20 inchers but had to compramise on ride comfort, yet to get a good set of wheels which settles between looks & ride comfort.

Wrap is ageing well with minimum maintenance.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-screenshot_20190920002455_gallery.jpg

Zen Carbon
Baleno 1.6 engine & Gearbox swap
High lift cam
K&N induction kit
Automech full system SS exhaust
Esteem brakes
Re-inforced Body shell
Zen D shocks
Custom mid night purple paint job
& A few more minor touches

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrariwell (Post 4663308)
Re-inforced Body shell

can you please elaborate on this ? any pics ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkyhere (Post 4663349)

I think I had asked earlier also. Even I am really curious about this. Ferrariwell please tell us what a re-inforced body shell is and how you go about getting that done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 4663439)
I think I had asked earlier also. Even I am really curious about this. Ferrariwell please tell us what a re-inforced body shell is and how you go about getting that done?

I'm guessing its a carbon-Kevlar or carbon-fiber composite body panel. If that's the case, those body panels probably cost more than the car.
On second thought, a "reinforced body shell" could also mean a roll-cage/roll-bar or some other kind of structural support.

Also, @Ferrariwell, any performance figures for this build?

Quote:

Originally Posted by venkyhere (Post 4663349)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IshaanIan (Post 4663439)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raystriker (Post 4663444)
I'm guessing its a carbon-Kevlar or carbon-fiber composite body panel. If that's the case, those body panels probably cost more than the car.
On second thought, a "reinforced body shell" could also mean a roll-cage/roll-bar or some other kind of structural support.

Also, @Ferrariwell, any performance figures for this build?

What it could mean is that the monocoque has been seam welded instead of the usual spot welds holding panels together. It's a common practice to stiffen the body of a car when race/rally prepping. I highly doubt it's carbon kevlar, and looking at the pictures, I don't see a roll cage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turrrb0 (Post 4663630)
What it could mean is that the monocoque has been seam welded instead of the usual spot welds holding panels together. It's a common practice to stiffen the body of a car when race/rally prepping. I highly doubt it's carbon kevlar, and looking at the pictures, I don't see a roll cage.

Apart from that strengthening few other areas with added sheet metal, like the strut towers, engine room especially the mounting area, A, B, C pillars (may be) to take up the additional load.

Quote:

Zen Carbon
Baleno 1.6 engine & Gearbox swap
High lift cam
K&N induction kit
Automech full system SS exhaust
Esteem brakes
Re-inforced Body shell
Zen D shocks
Custom mid night purple paint job

Hey Congrats man. Is this your Polo 1.6 replacement? I'm sure it'll be a hoot to drive, and much more thrilling that the Abarth you were considering :p

By re-inforced Body shell do you mean a strut brace below the bonnet and/or an anti-roll bar at the rear? I'm pretty sure those would have improved the mechanical grip significantly.

When the car was torn down a few metal plates were welded on the underside and on a few key areas of the monocoque so that the chassis could support the added weight and thrust of the new engine. Apart from this a strut bar was also added both at the front and back. Have not dyno tested the car yet but should be putting down around 100-120hp. This thing leaves my polo 1.6 like it is not even moving from a rolling start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrariwell (Post 4664061)
When the car was torn down a few metal plates were welded on the underside and on a few key areas of the monocoque so that the chassis could support the added weight and thrust of the new engine. Apart from this a strut bar was also added both at the front and back. Have not dyno tested the car yet but should be putting down around 100-120hp. This thing leaves my polo 1.6 like it is not even moving from a rolling start.

And she's able to put the power down?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raystriker (Post 4664062)
And she's able to put the power down?

BZen can put down the power, depending on the launch. A friend had a turbo Zen, but he launched it at 2nd gear only, the initial 1 second lag, making others think they are faster lol:

Heavily mod Ford Endeavour.

Quote:

Zen Carbon / Custom mid night purple paint job

The interior photo is a killer. Please remove those transparent foot mats. They do not gel well with BLACK seats of the car. Even original Maruti rubber mats will look better.

What about rubber upgrades & the alloys?

My personal view is that the white racing strips may add character to the car.

Regards-Sonu

Stunningly customized Force Traveller Royale as a mobile makeup studio cum salon on wheels.

Pics by:JajisInnovationSalon