Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2014, 22:30   #2641
BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffuser View Post
WIP pics of my used Civic being given a bit of a tranformation . It used to be silver earlier. Alloys will be fitted when I take delivery. Looking forward to hearing your opinions .
Lovely choice of color. I can imagine the shine on that blue when the sun hits the paint. Please post pictures of the car once complete. I would love to get more ideas on improving my Honda City, which is now 3 years old.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 12:26   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
Lovely choice of color. I can imagine the shine on that blue when the sun hits the paint. Please post pictures of the car once complete. I would love to get more ideas on improving my Honda City, which is now 3 years old.

Regards,
ArvindYoga
Thanks Arvind. Waiting for the paint to cure. I'll post pictures after the rubbing and polishing are done. The grill and the exhaust should be here by then too.

I have done the following to my silver 2004 Honda City Gxi (97k kms). Hope it gives you some ideas.
1. Changed the alloys to 14" BSK ( hadn't heard of the company till then but had to work with a very tight budget. 2 years and no complaints).
2. The silver OVRM's were replaced with the base models flat back OVRMs after the originals were damaged.
3. HKS end can.
4.stock replacement K&N filter.

Cheers,
Balaji
diffuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 14:22   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
Arvind, hope you are doing fine. Try an exhaust upgrade on the car. Where you able to source the K&N stock replacement filter ?

Quote:
Waiting for the paint to cure. I'll post pictures after the rubbing and polishing are done. The grill and the exhaust should be here by then too.
Balaji, Black and Blue is an awesome color combo, one of my personal favorites. Just a couple of small questions:

Why did you opt for Black alloys ? The same design and size in Silver color would have been great.

How much is the cost of painting the boot to full Black ? Looks really cool.

I need your opinion on giving my car's boot a gloss Black vinyl treatment. Also, as you own a cool Civic please help me with some more suggestions regarding my City Ivtec. Here is the link to my car's review http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-speakers.html

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 14:49   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Arvind, hope you are doing fine. Try an exhaust upgrade on the car. Where you able to source the K&N stock replacement filter ?
Hey AD good to see you again bro.. The local reliance autozone didn't have the type 4 in stock. Asked me to wait a few days. I'll wait 2-3 days and if he doesn't respond I'll source it online. I bought the Philips H4 as you suggested. Posted pics of that in GTO's "must have accessories" thread. Take a look when you find time.

After k&n air filter, it's going to be synthetic engine oil and a swanky new set of alloys. Waiting for my annual bonus to get some splurge money..

Cheers,
ArvindYoga
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 22:55   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
You're on the right track.

A set of 18's should complete the look
You and 18s

Quote:
Thanks mate. That would complete the look but just becomes impractical for the roads in Chennai. Low profile is a definite no no . These are the alloys I got. Sparco Assetto Gara 16".
If you are planning for skirts and kit and all 16s will look small. With stock look 16s are just perfect combo of looks and practicality.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 01:43   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

Balaji, Black and Blue is an awesome color combo, one of my personal favorites. Just a couple of small questions:

Why did you opt for Black alloys ? The same design and size in Silver color would have been great.

I didn't even think about silver because I had a mental picture of the car already .

How much is the cost of painting the boot to full Black ? Looks really cool.

The overall cost of the paint is 65K. I can find out about the black and tell you next time I check on the car.

I need your opinion on giving my car's boot a gloss Black vinyl treatment. Also, as you own a cool Civic please help me with some more suggestions regarding my City Ivtec.

Sorry mate, my knowledge about vinyls and wraps is negligible at best. What do you have in mind ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
You and 18s

If you are planning for skirts and kit and all 16s will look small. With stock look 16s are just perfect combo of looks and practicality.
Thanks mate . No skirts or kit of any kind . I like a clean look. The car is debadged and all the chrome gone. No more external mods except maybe smoking the head and tail lamps.

Cheers,
Balaji
diffuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 06:52   #2647
BHPian

Nice choice of color and alloys.
Get rid of those window deflectors. What color the door handles going to be?
Any mechanical upgrades/modifications in the line?

Quote:
WIP pics of my used Civic being given a bit of a tranformation . It used to be silver earlier. Alloys will be fitted when I take delivery. Looking forward to hearing your opinions .
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 09:36   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

These are the alloys I got. Sparco Assetto Gara 16".
Brilliant diffuser !!

I just love your vision of transforming this 'Indian Lambo' !!

Please share lot of pics and a detailed report on your stead once you are through with all the mods.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:24   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Nice choice of color and alloys.
Get rid of those window deflectors. What color the door handles going to be?
Any mechanical upgrades/modifications in the line?
Thanks bro. The wind deflectors are there purely for function. I was an avid biker (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...-ex-biker.html) . I miss the wind in my face feeling which my bikes gave me so I generally drive with the window halfway down ( also I can hear my exhaust properly) . I have a custom FFE on order . Should be here this week, also a K&N stock replacement filter, brake pads are upgraded to EBC Red ( running the same pads on my 2004 City and I love them ). I have ordered the stock flat black handles. These will be painted gloss black or the same blue as the body ( will decide after seeing it in person). The future mods will be disclosed once I get bored of the car in its current state and can afford them . But I have a vision for her. Long way to go .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Brilliant diffuser !!

I just love your vision of transforming this 'Indian Lambo' !!

Please share lot of pics and a detailed report on your stead once you are through with all the mods.
Thanks mate. The old Superleggera to me is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen in person.Those wheels left a lasting impression . I prefer subtle clean designs generally. I shall get some more pictures when I go there next. I have decided my future mods, waiting for the correct time and the money .

Cheers

Last edited by diffuser : 2nd June 2014 at 12:32. Reason: editing
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:19   #2650

Hi Diffuser,
You car paint job looks awesome. Could you kindly let me know name and address of where you get this done ?

Thanks,
Ashwin
Old 2nd June 2014, 23:49   #2651
Senior - BHPian

A timeless design, and at the right hands, it doesn't matter even if;
1) its tafetta white multiplied by three - n li'll black
2) li'll low and spotted
3) its teasingly yellow or
4) filled up on the windscreen.

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-trio-1.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-yellow.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-yellow-full.jpg

PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India-back.jpg

Pic courtesy: Riderz of Cochin FB group.
sarathlal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 01:47   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Please please please, more of the Beat in the background !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:05   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.raj80 View Post
Hi Diffuser,
You car paint job looks awesome. Could you kindly let me know name and address of where you get this done ?

Thanks,
Ashwin
Thanks Ashwin. This is being done at Electra Automotive on OMR. Right opposite the YMCA school on OMR after the SRP Tools junction. You should be able to find it in the directory

Cheers

Last edited by diffuser : 3rd June 2014 at 12:08.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:56   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
A timeless design, and at the right hands, it doesn't matter even if;
2) li'll low and spotted
3) its teasingly yellow or

Attachment 1246471

Attachment 1246472
I'm sorry but the Yellow Civic doesn't look good in the metal. Just saw it today, the car seems to have had wet sanding leaving a lot of waves on the bodywork. And the colour looks a bit too toy-ish for my liking, but that's just me. Just my two cents, no offense intended.
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:03   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
I'm sorry but the Yellow Civic doesn't look good in the metal. Just saw it today, the car seems to have had wet sanding leaving a lot of waves on the bodywork. And the colour looks a bit too toy-ish for my liking, but that's just me. Just my two cents, no offense intended.
I feel the same. This yellow just doesn't cut it out for me, on a Civic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks