Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 19:48   #151
BHPian

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Thanks Eminenttismo. I have been having a dialog with The Retrofit Source customer support. I had heard they have excellent before and after customer support and I realised it in the first instance itself when i received a responde with a long mail explaining their kits in just about an hour after I made an enquiry. They have Morimoto D2S kit for USD 295 with all required hardware including Bi-Xenon HID and 5 years warranty. Shipping source can be some relative or friends who can bring it here.

Just thought of checking if similar setup can be done locally with the same quality stuff and precision.

Alternatively, I am also thinking of installing the Bi-Xenon HID kit I am already having in 4300K and check the effect of illumination. I had used it on my WagonR which I removed before selling the vehicle. But since Xylo has a height difference in headlight positioning, would like to check if the light on road is somewhat different than Waggy.

Regards,
Rahul.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 20:25   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
Looks great on your Vento!
its a polo btw.,

i am not sure of the projector make.
Old 29th October 2013, 11:15   #153
Senior - BHPian

Two questions:

1) How safely can one say that the Polo headlights can be retrofitted perfectly on the Vento? I am talking about the stock setup and/or the plug-n-play projector xenon setup available on Aliexpress or other similar websites?

2) Which is the most powerful stock replacement (55/60) headlamp bulb replacement for the Vento? Whites or yellows, doesn't matter. As experienced by most owners on the forum, I too think the stock bulbs have unsatisfactory throw and spread.
Old 16th November 2013, 23:28   #154
BHPian

I had a question.

If I have already installed HIDs in my car and want to install projectors, do I simply order the projector lamps or do I need a whole new kit?

And in either case, where do I get them? Does anyone do reliable HID projector installs in Mumbai that are not Chinese?

Okay, maybe that was 3 questions.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:26   #155
BHPian

I too just received a big parcel from Auto Connections Delhi for the Eagle Eye headlamps. I am planning a DIY job. I don't know how difficult or easy it will be. I had changed the lamps on my Vento earlier so I know my way around the lights (or so I hope). Will upload the pictures soon. One question I had was that the shipping manifest shows 15900 (including tax) as the declared price of the autolamps. I paid a total of 25000. So apart from the actual transport from Delhi to Bangalore for the big box what else did I pay for ? Does the shipping cost 9k by air freight ? Just wondering aloud on a forum
Old 26th November 2013, 08:54   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
I had a question.

If I have already installed HIDs in my car and want to install projectors, do I simply order the projector lamps or do I need a whole new kit?

And in either case, where do I get them? Does anyone do reliable HID projector installs in Mumbai that are not Chinese?

Okay, maybe that was 3 questions.
It will depend on the following
- What is the original bulb size of your car?
- Bolt on projectors (Mini Morimoto type, the most common ones) have two types of bulbs generally. If your car has 9005/HB3 type bulb (or other single filament bulbs), then you need the projector that has h1 type bulbs.
- If your car has H4 type socket, then you need to order a projector with D2S bulb type. This will help you to install the projector without cutting the reflector (you still have to open the headlight cover).

I would suspect that you would be able to use your Ballasts, relay etc., but not the bulbs.
Projectors are made for H1 or D2S bulb types(generally, though there are other projectors also).

Rgds
Old 26th November 2013, 10:22   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
It will depend on the following - What is the original bulb size of your car? - Bolt on projectors (Mini Morimoto type, the most common ones) have two types of bulbs generally. If your car has 9005/HB3 type bulb (or other single filament bulbs), then you need the projector that has h1 type bulbs. - If your car has H4 type socket, then you need to order a projector with D2S bulb type. This will help you to install the projector without cutting the reflector (you still have to open the headlight cover). I would suspect that you would be able to use your Ballasts, relay etc., but not the bulbs. Projectors are made for H1 or D2S bulb types(generally, though there are other projectors also). Rgds
Thanks Vineet!

I have an Endeavour and a Vento. Both use H7 bulbs. Both got hid kits this month and so I was looking for projectors. I read on another post that the Mori Moto Minis were too small for the endeavour.

So if I need to do this install.. Anyone know where I can get this done around Mumbai??
Old 26th November 2013, 12:04   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Thanks Vineet!

I have an Endeavour and a Vento. Both use H7 bulbs. Both got hid kits this month and so I was looking for projectors. I read on another post that the Mori Moto Minis were too small for the endeavour.

So if I need to do this install.. Anyone know where I can get this done around Mumbai??
Hi,
I am in Gurgaon, so cannot comment on Mumbai installers. However, i got mine installed from Genome, which is a Pune based company and they have their people in major cities.
Just google them.

rgds
Old 7th December 2013, 20:11   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have Pm'ed the contact details.
Can send me the contact details as well. I am based out of Pune.
Old 8th December 2013, 08:40   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somonwheels View Post
Can send me the contact details as well. I am based out of Pune.
Unfortunately I cant PM since you are a newbie. Here are the details.
His name is Vinit.
Ph no - 9820306441
email vinit.mirpuri@gmail.com
Old 8th December 2013, 17:06   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Thanks Eminenttismo. I have been having a dialog with The Retrofit Source customer support. I had heard they have excellent before and after customer support and I realised it in the first instance itself when i received a responde with a long mail explaining their kits in just about an hour after I made an enquiry. They have Morimoto D2S kit for USD 295 with all required hardware including Bi-Xenon HID and 5 years warranty. Shipping source can be some relative or friends who can bring it here.

Just thought of checking if similar setup can be done locally with the same quality stuff and precision.

Alternatively, I am also thinking of installing the Bi-Xenon HID kit I am already having in 4300K and check the effect of illumination. I had used it on my WagonR which I removed before selling the vehicle. But since Xylo has a height difference in headlight positioning, would like to check if the light on road is somewhat different than Waggy.

Regards,
Rahul.
Try AVS Tuning. They are the authorised distributor for The Retrofit Source in India.
Old 13th January 2014, 02:59   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
Try AVS Tuning. They are the authorised distributor for The Retrofit Source in India.
The pricing of AVS tuning is way way high for the morimotos mini D2S, almost double of what it is costing me from the US.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th January 2014 at 07:28. Reason: Please take time to type your posts with appropriate capital letters and punctuation. Thanks!
Old 13th January 2014, 12:16   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
The pricing of AVS tuning is way way high for the morimotos mini D2S, almost double of what it is costing me from the US.
I would any day buy the products from them for the following reasons.

They offer replacement warranty on all products. So if any part that you bought from them goes bonkers then you just have to contact them. If you have bought the product directly from USA then you will have to ship the faulty product back to USA and wait for them to ship the replacement to you, also the two way shipping has to be borne by you.

Their price is reasonable considering the international shipping, duties and the customs hassle in india.
Here is a break up for your understanding.
The mini D2S 3.0 projectors are for Rs. 13000 @ AVS tuning and the same cost $140 in the USA.
Now if you calculate the base price that is $140
plus shipping to india $50
plus import duties @ 35% of base price plus shipping = $66.5
plus octroi @ 5% = $12.5
then your landed cost comes down to $140 + $50 + $66.5 + $12.5 = $269
Now convert it to indian rupees @ todays exchange rate ( i am not considering the bank exchange rate instead using the XE.com rate) = 61.5
Your total comes to $269 x 61.5 = 16543.5 INR
Now you can decide on which is a better deal.

Also you will have to wait for your package to pass through our slow customs which may take over 25 days for the package to reach you.

May be you have someone who can get the products for you without costing you the shipping and duty but you will have to suffer when it comes to warranty.
On your part you are right but i personally wouldn't take a chance on saving a few thousands and then suffer later on.

cheers
Old 14th January 2014, 18:23   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
I would any day buy the products from them for the following reasons.

They offer replacement warranty on all products. So if any part that you bought from them goes bonkers then you just have to contact them. If you have bought the product directly from USA then you will have to ship the faulty product back to USA and wait for them to ship the replacement to you, also the two way shipping has to be borne by you.

Their price is reasonable considering the international shipping, duties and the customs hassle in india.
Here is a break up for your understanding.
The mini D2S 3.0 projectors are for Rs. 13000 @ AVS tuning and the same cost $140 in the USA.
Now if you calculate the base price that is $140
plus shipping to india $50
plus import duties @ 35% of base price plus shipping = $66.5
plus octroi @ 5% = $12.5
then your landed cost comes down to $140 + $50 + $66.5 + $12.5 = $269
Now convert it to indian rupees @ todays exchange rate ( i am not considering the bank exchange rate instead using the XE.com rate) = 61.5
Your total comes to $269 x 61.5 = 16543.5 INR
Now you can decide on which is a better deal.

Also you will have to wait for your package to pass through our slow customs which may take over 25 days for the package to reach you.

May be you have someone who can get the products for you without costing you the shipping and duty but you will have to suffer when it comes to warranty.
On your part you are right but i personally wouldn't take a chance on saving a few thousands and then suffer later on.

cheers

I had a friend who ordered the following last week and had it shipped to his US address. He will be coming here next week.

1 x Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) (MiniD2SIII) = $345.00
Bulbs Morimoto 5Five 5000K D2S
Ballasts Morimoto 5Five (50w) D2S
Projectors RHD (UK, Australia, etc)
Halos Yes, 90mm Morimoto XB LED (White)
Shrouds Gatling Gun
Wire Harness Relay: H4/9003

In INR @ Rs.62 (21390)

I didnt use my card as I would have had to pay extra transaction charges to the bank. My friend will be getting this for me when he comes on 20th Jan.
These same components would have cost me over 40k if I had ordered from AVS Tuning

Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 (Round) Projector 13000
D2S: Morimoto 3Five Bulb 3900 (5Five not available in price list)
5Five DSP Morimoto Ballast 9100
AMP>D2S (Straight) Adapter 1300 (Not sure if required)
BiGxenon: Morimoto MotoControl Harness 3250
Shroud Gattling Gun 3250
90mm Amber/White Halos 5850
D2S Ballast Housing Seals 650 (Not sure if required)
Total 40300

The 2 things mentioned as not sure were mentioned to me when I requested a quote. Personally I think the price asking by AVS is too high.
Old 15th January 2014, 13:16   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
I had a friend who ordered the following last week and had it shipped to his US address. He will be coming here next week.

1 x Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) (MiniD2SIII) = $345.00
Bulbs Morimoto 5Five 5000K D2S
Ballasts Morimoto 5Five (50w) D2S
Projectors RHD (UK, Australia, etc)
Halos Yes, 90mm Morimoto XB LED (White)
Shrouds Gatling Gun
Wire Harness Relay: H4/9003

In INR @ Rs.62 (21390)

I didnt use my card as I would have had to pay extra transaction charges to the bank. My friend will be getting this for me when he comes on 20th Jan.
These same components would have cost me over 40k if I had ordered from AVS Tuning

Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 (Round) Projector 13000
D2S: Morimoto 3Five Bulb 3900 (5Five not available in price list)
5Five DSP Morimoto Ballast 9100
AMP>D2S (Straight) Adapter 1300 (Not sure if required)
BiGxenon: Morimoto MotoControl Harness 3250
Shroud Gattling Gun 3250
90mm Amber/White Halos 5850
D2S Ballast Housing Seals 650 (Not sure if required)
Total 40300

The 2 things mentioned as not sure were mentioned to me when I requested a quote. Personally I think the price asking by AVS is too high.
Again its your personal choice to buy directly from USA. As i have mentioned in my previous post the warranty and the other stuff still remains a concern. Anyways congratulations on your setup. Seems good. Please do post pictures after installation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks