Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 02:37   #1

Mercedes E230 W210? EDIT: Now Bought

hello guys
i am looking to buy a mercedes E230/250 auto W210.
hows much average should the petrol E230 give to a liter of petrol,
i seen this E230 its run about 69000.in good condition white colour,auto.
whts should be a decent price for it, the dealer is asking for 8,25.000/-
i am planing to give my 2005 swift zxi in exchange done only 9100 kms only.
wht price should a decent price for the swift its in excellant condition?
all reply's welcomes!!
plz help need to give the E230 guy an offer.

thanx
Tehseen Ali
Old 27th May 2008, 23:04   #2
BHPian

Tehseen ,owning a Merc That too E class is a good idea ,and what an upgrade in your case from swift to E class directly , you might get cars in the range you have specified certainly below 2000 models ,As far as i know E class can easily do 200 -300 K kms or more
Like i have seen is in most post or replies by fellow BHPIANS one thing is clearly advised even if it is for buying a scoda Octavia or Optra ,Cedia or civic and what i see is in your case u re going to almost the highest side of luxury cars available in India , so i cant but have to repeat what most of us always say about Maintenance of most of the cars above Honda city

What i would advice you is before looking out for a E class look at your budget Is clearly. After buying this car for 8,25000 can you spare another 3-4 or 5 lacks for keeping it for another 3-5 years . Also find about the prices of the commonly used parts like Filters ,Consumables ,light bumpers AC parts (just in case ) and if you find the prices comfortable to your budget then man go for it ,Its for sure a fabulous car in every sense
Old 27th May 2008, 23:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
Tehseen ,owning a Merc That too E class is a good idea ,and what an upgrade in your case from swift to E class directly , you might get cars in the range you have specified certainly below 2000 models ,As far as i know E class can easily do 200 -300 K kms or more
Like i have seen is in most post or replies by fellow BHPIANS one thing is clearly advised even if it is for buying a scoda Octavia or Optra ,Cedia or civic and what i see is in your case u re going to almost the highest side of luxury cars available in India , so i cant but have to repeat what most of us always say about Maintenance of most of the cars above Honda city

What i would advice you is before looking out for a E class look at your budget Is clearly. After buying this car for 8,25000 can you spare another 3-4 or 5 lacks for keeping it for another 3-5 years . Also find about the prices of the commonly used parts like Filters ,Consumables ,light bumpers AC parts (just in case ) and if you find the prices comfortable to your budget then man go for it ,Its for sure a fabulous car in every sense
Your absolutely right. Its a BIG jump though..From a Swift to a Merc. Thats Taking Maintenance to an all new level for you. I would say 3 maybe four times Higher. You'd have to get your NEW BABY a very good check. Average depends on driving conditions etc. Possibily 6kpl to 7kpl. Thats another jump to consider. Also FULL TANKS. The merc has a much bigger tank. This mean Bigger fuel bills. 8.25 is pretty good price for the car, provided its in proper condition.
Old 27th May 2008, 23:53   #4
BHPian

Tehseen,

The W210 is considered as one of the worst that Mercedes has built. It was the child of an era that Mercedes would rather forget, and shows their cost cutting attitude shamelessly. As others have already stated, the ownership costs of one will kill ya, especially since you are used to the Swift. Ask me because I own a C Class and hate the numbers that show up on the register after each service. That said, the W210 has a far better back seat than the current W211 E-Class.

If you really want a Benz in that price range, I'd really recommend a W124 to you. Why?

- You have stated in your introduction post that you are keen on W124's too

- Mechanically and (more importantly) electronically, they are far far simpler. The reliability shown by the W124 is leagues ahead of modern gizmo-laden Merc's. In fact, I know of some E250D owners who complained that nothing ever went wrong!!

- They exude more charm, and are reminiscent of the good ol' Benz days.....and all that Mercedes stood for. Simple over-engineered workhorses.

- They are available cheap (anywhere between 3.5 - 5.5 lakh) and will be cheaper to own as well. If you are not that keen on outright speed, get the E250. Its pace is leisurely, but it will never let you down. The E220 is a pretty fast petrol, and will do the 0 - 100 in 10 seconds.
GTO - Touring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2008, 01:31   #5

hi rubin
i cant get over the shape of the W210 i am in love with it, seen a couple of W124 but they about 10 to 14 yrs old and not in very good condition.
i own 2 honda city's too and mantaining them is pretty costly but it does not matter and i checked it out with local mercedes mechanic he say's it will be pretty same as mentaning a city cost wise and parts a freely available in mumbai and second of all my run is not much abt 3500 km yearly ( i just clocked 9100 kms on my swift in 3 yrs).
and more so the merc tag carries a very diffrent impression which i love you get a diffrent respect when u get out of one of them ( gives me a thrill.)
Old 28th May 2008, 14:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehseen View Post
hi rubin
i cant get over the shape of the W210 i am in love with it, seen a couple of W124 but they about 10 to 14 yrs old and not in very good condition.
i own 2 honda city's too and mantaining them is pretty costly but it does not matter and i checked it out with local mercedes mechanic he say's it will be pretty same as mentaning a city cost wise and parts a freely available in mumbai and second of all my run is not much abt 3500 km yearly ( i just clocked 9100 kms on my swift in 3 yrs).
and more so the merc tag carries a very diffrent impression which i love you get a diffrent respect when u get out of one of them ( gives me a thrill.)
Agreed Tehsin, you do have a point here. A Honda City is almost as expensive to maintain as a Mercedes if you are using genuine parts that is. I just got a brake pad set for the front wheels for my NHC replaced. It cost me 1200/- bucks and gave me problems after just three days of driving. On investigation, i found that the ones put were not genuine. Then got a set of genuine pads fro 2700/-. They are working fine. Thats the difference.
Secondly the W210 had a lot of electronic bugs The dash displays etc are a constant bother. They are VERY expensive to rectify too. I agree with GTO that you should upgrade first to a W124. However old, a well maintained and cared for Merc is a pleasure to drive and will give you miles and miles of driving pleasure. Surely you can fall in the trap of people who tell you that a Good W124 is available for not more than 3-5 lacs. That, if true, is really lucky. Get a known car and dont worry about paying upto 5.5 for a car that has no work to be done. Since you hardly do any mileage, why bother with fuel efficiency. The consumption will be almost double of your swift so be ready to face that. My W124 E220 gives me max 6 in the city (but this is bombay) and on a Mahableshwar run it gave me 13.66 that is almost 14kmpl that too wit a full load of people and luggage.
Coming to the E230. I would rather get a E250D. The E230 does not perform that well and was discontinued early. Also for some reason most of them are in the colour white or a dull metallic Maroon, both shades that looked out of place on that car.
DO take a through check of the car before buying it preferably from an authorised Merc dealer.
Next the price, dont pay more than 7.5 for a W210. When reselling the car,the E250D will sell faster than the E230. which might also face greater price depreciation.
Whatever you decider, do let us know so that we can celebrate your new purchase with you.
Old 28th May 2008, 23:57   #7

hello guys
i am going to check out the car E230, taking a merc mechanic with me with his laptop and stuff.wish me luck guys if everything goes ok and get a bargain on the price i would be soon owning a merc its exciting
Old 5th June 2008, 19:01   #8

hu guys

hi guys
today finally taken the delivery of my E230 W210 its a pleasure to drive in just loving it, will post some pictures soon .
any advice what audio system to fit on it i have 2 sony 222 amps and jbl components and a 12" pioneer woofer should i add it too the original audio system or then replace it wht speckers should i get please advice
thanx
guys for all help
Old 11th June 2008, 18:31   #9
BHPian

Congarts on you purchase cheers: where are the pictures Post them fast
Old 11th June 2008, 18:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats now please post pics and a driving report. If attended to and cared for properly ie maintained properly it will give you endless miles of pleasurable trouble free driving. Please have the electricals, suspension and the tyres checked. Especially since you dont want to get stuck in the rainy season.
Old 11th June 2008, 19:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the merc. You did not mention the price you paid?

Waiting for your pics. Do post them.
Old 11th June 2008, 19:38   #12
BHPian

Congrats, enjoy the car and give us some feedback on what you think of her?
Old 11th June 2008, 21:34   #13

will put up the pictures soon
sorry to keep u guys waiting
Old 11th June 2008, 21:49   #14
BHPian

Pics Buddy Pics. An auto tranny..Nice, i guess it is going to be a self drive.
Old 11th June 2008, 23:30   #15
BHPian

Tesheen - Congrats , thats a grand entry to team-bhp. Any plan to change the colour to some dark colours and make it bling bling?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks