Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which Car should I buy?
The BMW M340i 80 78.43%
The Volvo XC40 Recharge 6 5.88%
You missed out on a great option - See my post below! 5 4.90%
Wait it out! Better options are around the corner! 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2023, 01:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Midlife Crisis Remedy - Help me choose a car for ~80 lakhs

As you have been already owning the 320D, I’d suggest a different car this time (in context of the //M you listed alongwith XC40 recharge). You have mentioned about backseat in your post so you will not be a solo driver I guess. As I have never experienced cars from this segment, I’d refrain from making recommendations and listing my reasons. Secondly, good pre owned options have already been listed above so i am sticking with the new purchase in my post.

I would love to know why you did not consider the Volvo S90, Audi A6, Mercedes E class (slightly above budget) or the Lexus ES300h? All these are nowhere close to being the driver’s car (like the M) but are known to be super comfortable for all pasengers, in their respective territories/ categories. The base of Lexus being the Camry, it shall be super reliable too for more than a decade of ownership.
Old 28th May 2023, 18:54   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest the M340i. I just got the LCI a few months ago. It is a great package and excellent value for money for the powertrain and features on offer. This is one modern car that will stay fresh for a long time to come. My issue with the X3 is that it is at the end of its life cycle and looks and feels like a previous generation car. The M340i LCI, on the other hand, has the most up-to-date BMW interior with iDrive i8 and the same curved display that is going to be on all their brand new launches like the new 7 and the upcoming 5. Take a look at the resemblance between the rear design of the just announced 2024 G60 5-series and the M340i XDrive for example!

Yes, the ride is indeed a bit rough but unless you are going to use it on rutted city roads a majority of the time, this is not a bother. On typical well maintained highways, such as those in TN, the ride is absolutely flat and comfortable. The car is a monster when it comes to acceleration, even in comfort mode and the ability to surprise all those waiting with you at the red lights (including those superbikes) as you pull away as the signal turns to green is the best antidote for the mid-life crisis
Attached Thumbnails
Midlife Crisis Remedy - Help me choose a car for ~80 lakhs-g60-vs-m340i-lci.jpg  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 28th May 2023 at 19:15.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 09:16   #18
BHPian

No one has mentioned but I'll go ahead and say test drive Lexus ES. it offers a very premium interriors, refined hybrid engine and plush ride. Top spec will cost 85lak OTR.

Midlife Crisis Remedy - Help me choose a car for ~80 lakhs-2022es300hlexus4chxeassst309813dtr4sfh.jpeg
Old 30th May 2023, 13:16   #19

Try the Volvo XC60, it packs a punch when needed and is perfect for rear-seat driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks