Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 00:50   #16
BHPian

re: Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology

The 5 all the way!! Be wary though I see your location as Mumbai. Our pre LCI 520d loves to kiss speed breakers if not taken diagonally(pretty much impossible in Bombay traffic). No such problems on the 3Li. And it has better space in the rear.

The 6GT is a good choice as long as size is not an issue. Air Suspension allows the vehicle to be lifted as well.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology

So we spent the morning today visiting the showrooms of the big three and here are my observations. We did not not bother doing a test drive today and decided to keep it for another day. Here are our observations:

Mercedes
We checked out the E200 LWB and were floored by the experience at the rear. It is probably unbeatable hands down. The front felt very familiar since we already have a GLC. The car comes with RFTs and we were also not happy with the spare in the boot which was reducing the luggage space. The price of the top of the line variant is touching 87 lakhs on road. This is inclusive of the extended warranty and maintenance package. There was not much interest in offering a better price as well. My Uncle was also not very keen on the Merc as we already have one in our garage. So this is out of our list.

BMW
I loved the 530i MSport and even the 630i MSport. There is also a Jahre M Edition to celebrate 50 years of the BMW M. There than cosmetic changes, there was nothing different. The Jahre M edition looks more sportier as well. My Uncle was put off with the tan interiors though and did not see himself driving that car because of this. Surprisingly, the 330i was also not a bad option but again the same story with the spare made us think twice. Again, the price of the 530i was crossing 85 lakhs and the 630i touching 90 lakhs. Like most of you mentioned here, the 630i is comparable to the Superb in terms of space.

Audi
I personally did not have much hope with the A6 but on actually seeing the car, I was very impressed. The A6 technology with the Matrix headlights is for around 80 lakhs on road. The car has some good tech. We felt the car to be a bit compact in the front but we were pretty surprised with the rear leg room. Just a little bit less than the Superb. The boot too was definitely large and acceptable to us and this was primarily because of the spare hidden in the boot unlike that of the Merc and BMW. Best part is that the tyres are tubules and the spare is a full size without an alloy. Perfect!!
In terms of the pricing we were being offered the top of the line A6 Technology Matrix at 70 lakhs including the extended warranty and service package. Which means there is room for more.

Based on the above experience, we are pretty sure that the A6 is the way to go from what we are getting at that price point. We will take a test drive in the coming week and see what we can be done better with the pricing.
Epic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One year and 22k km on my A6 Tech Version and I can tell you how big a smile it brings. 80% of the mileage has been on highways. I did buy the EW and the Service Package for peace of mind.

All it took was one test drive to sway be into it. And no, I’m not trying to influence your decision, but please do a long TD (city + empty roads) on the A6 and share how it feels.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 15:57   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

BMW
I loved the 530i MSport and even the 630i MSport. There is also a Jahre M Edition to celebrate 50 years of the BMW M.
Was the 630i Jahre edition available with the dealer? I was told they are all sold out!
Old 20th October 2022, 14:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash2385 View Post
Was the 630i Jahre edition available with the dealer? I was told they are all sold out!
Didn't bother asking as my Uncle found the BMW to not be as sober as he would have liked. The tan seats itself put him off so we really didn't bother going any further.
Old 20th October 2022, 15:25   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't bother asking as my Uncle found the BMW to not be as sober as he would have liked. The tan seats itself put him off so we really didn't bother going any further.
You could always opt for beige / ivory white or black interiors too I believe. The 6GT was honestly the pick of the segment for us, given dad loved the seating & the drive was great too for when I would be behind the wheel. What let it down for us was that the interiors were very plain for the segment - especially as we've had 2 BMWs in the past so the sense of occasion was missing.

The 5 is just too cramped and a little low, I found the E Class engine + ride & handling + build (creaky interior panels) to be strictly average not to mention ground clearance woes.

The A6 was actually a very strong runner up for us, would have been the choice after the 6GT - stellar interiors, good legroom, good practicality (proper boot, relatively high profile tyres compared to peers, decent ground clearance, etc.). If we weren't switching from an A6, it may have been the one in the garage. Pricing is also very sweet for what it offers!

And lastly, have a look at the Camry & ES as well. The Camry is basically the sober version of the ES, just like the Superb is the sober version of the A6.
The soft suspension, perceived reliability, stellar fuel economy, and a comfortable backseat make it the place to be.
I expected the Lexus to be a little less flashy than the Germans, but surprisingly it has had a few heads turn unlike the Germans which are ever so common.
The 2 downsides being ground clearance : though the ES has tackled 95% of the speed breakers thrown at it across South Mumbai and the Western Suburbs; and the car isn't something you would want to gun - though I do look forward to being cut off from the world when I drive it with the sound set up and great NVH.
Also the soft suspension isn't the best for the highways though city driving is a peach!
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 12:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

So we have finally booked our MY23 Audi A6 TFSI Technology with Matrix Headlights with this new colour called Chronos Grey. For a car that costs almost 85L on road including the 5 year warranty & Comprehensive Service Plan; we got a pretty sweet deal of 70L on road including the above. Delivery expected in the 2nd week of November.

This is the Chronos Grey colour

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-chrono-grey.jpeg
Epic is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Delivered : Audi A6 45 TFSI Technology

Hello everyone,

We took delivery of our Chrono Grey Audi A6 45 TFSI Technology today and very happy with our decision so far.

Some pics of the car:

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-front.jpeg

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-rear.jpeg

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-front-daigonal.jpeg

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-rear-diagonal.jpeg

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-virtual-cockpit-1.jpeg

Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology-audi-a6-virtual-cockpit-2.jpeg
Epic is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 00:29   #24
BHPian

Re: Delivered : Audi A6 45 TFSI Technology

Quote:
Hello everyone,

We took delivery of our Chrono Grey Audi A6 45 TFSI Technology today and very happy with our decision so far.

Some pics of the car:
That wooden trim is so nice... be careful of scratching all the piano black though. Would love some more photos of the interiors. Congratulations
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 17:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations on the A6, loved every bit of the interior when I checked it out in person last year.

Audi sedans look timeless with their clean lines in silver and grey shades and you seem to have got one in a very unique tone.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 14:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Some pics of the car:

Attachment 2377443

Attachment 2377442

Attachment 2377441

Attachment 2377440

Attachment 2377439

Attachment 2377438
Congratulations on the purchase; inspired by your purchase, I reached out to Audi Bangalore and test-drove the car, loved the supple ride and overall presence; the rear seat felt short on thigh support which was a letdown, but what was worse is the sales guy,, told me there are no such discounts and the MY23 cars are not going to come with Matrix Headlights anymore, so had to drop the idea for now.
autohead115 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 11:19   #27
BHPian

Re: Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology

Do let us know how it compares to the Superb, I've always wondered about it, especially since they have the same engine now.
Old 9th February 2023, 16:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Missed out on this thread.

Congratulations!! That colour looks awesome on the A6. Had this colour choice been there in 2021, we would have definitely opted for it.

A6 Tech is a fantastic product. All it takes for the prospective buyers to take it seriously is one TD and a visit to Audi showroom. We too didn't consider A6 initially but once we TDed it with family, it was no brainer.

Wish you many happy miles on it.
Old 21st February 2023, 17:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
Do let us know how it compares to the Superb, I've always wondered about it, especially since they have the same engine now.
There is no comparison to be honest

The Superb that we had was the 2.0 TDI with supposedly 170 bhp - I say this as it did not feel like it was 170 bhp; maybe due to its linear tune. My remapped Jetta feels way better. But, the Audi's 240 bhp is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
but what was worse is the sales guy, told me there are no such discounts and the MY23 cars are not going to come with Matrix Headlights anymore, so had to drop the idea for now.
So I believe this is true as I did check with another dealer who told me that the MY23 would not come with Matrix headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
A6 Tech is a fantastic product. All it takes for the prospective buyers to take it seriously is one TD and a visit to Audi showroom. We too didn't consider A6 initially but once we TDed it with family, it was no brainer.
My first choice would still be the BMW though
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 21:40   #30

Re: Upgrading from a Skoda Superb - Mercedes E | BMW 5 | Audi A6? EDIT: Bought A6 Technology

I am looking forward to Book A6 Technology. Confused about the exterior and interior colours. Exterior - Firmament blue - This colour looks good, but dark blue type is a very common colour amount the 3 germans. Manhattan Grey is also good, but again dark grey is common. There is a new colour which is Madeira Brown Metallic. It's looking unique and good in pictures. However I have not been able to see it in person. It's lime dark brown, which looks like black at night.

Regarding the interior, there are two options. One id beige, which is light and more like off white. The floor is also of same colour. So I feel it would get dirty easily and would be very difficult to maintain. So I need opinion about that. Other colour is Okapi Brown, which is like TAN colour. That looks good too. But I am not sure whether that will look good with Manhattan Grey or Madeira brown.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks