Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2022, 12:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Advice Needed: Which Luxury SUV to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Good decision, hope you got the newer lot that has this Merino leather. One of the good upgrades by BMW India though the prices have been increased by around 1,5 Lac.
Unfortunately, I picked the one with Vernasca Leather. My car had already arrived and the loan was approved by the time BMW made changes to the spec. The dealer said that newer lot cars with Merino will arrive in January/February and my bank said that the loan approval should be disbursed within one month so I went ahead with what I had originally ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
My SA is insisting that his current X5 Diesel stock has only Vernasca leather and that Merino leather will come with new production schedule and that would cost 1.5 lacs extra. I don't know what to do. Already am thinking diesel version of the car for the driving pleasure plus there is a risk of price escalation if I postpone the buying decision in 2023.

Any suggestions or guidance will be of great help.
The dealer wants to sell what's in stock. Go ahead with the Merino leather and you will not regret your decision. It will be worth the wait + the price escalation.
Jay_P2324 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 13:31   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P2324 View Post
Unfortunately, I picked the one with Vernasca Leather. My car had already arrived and the loan was approved by the time BMW made changes to the spec. The dealer said that newer lot cars with Merino will arrive in January/February and my bank said that the loan approval should be disbursed within one month so I went ahead with what I had originally ordered.

The dealer wants to sell what's in stock. Go ahead with the Merino leather and you will not regret your decision. It will be worth the wait + the price escalation.

Also another aspect of merino leather to note would be how it will wear over the years to come, no doubt the richness and softness is decidedly better than Vernasca but merino being a purer form of leather will also age faster developing a patina (shine) compared to Vernasca.

And in general merino would require more TLC to look fresh and uniform, this was a major concern for me sticking to Vernasca as the x5 being an SUV will be used extensively.
bimmerboy26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 17:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
sticking to Vernasca as the x5 being an SUV will be used extensively.
Good Point. SA called both petrol and diesel white color have Vernasca.
Now its getting confusing for me. Two Choices. 1) Petrol Vs Diesel. 2) Should I risk the price rise and wait for the Merino leather in early 2023.

Have two kids aged 7 and 9. So going for something durable makes sense.
Also 10k annual running does diesel make sense with 70% city driving.
Its not about fuel economy nor the higher price of diesel. Just can't make up my mind. Which is always the case

Help!
Old 14th December 2022, 18:42   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy26 View Post
Also another aspect of merino leather to note would be how it will wear over the years to come.
Absolutely No. I have owned multiple without any issues. Just ensure proper interior work is done at least once a Year. Kids these days are much more careful than we were, education/ technology/ internet or overall cleanliness. I won't bother listening to that sales guy unless he is going to give some really tempting discounts
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:06   #35
BHPian

Re: Which new luxury German SUV for 1-crore rupees?

The dealer came back with this final offer.

They're refusing to give any discount on the exshowroom price. But the dealer support given is in reducing the insurance premium, processing charges etc.

Need opinions to take it further.
Attached Thumbnails
Which new luxury German SUV for 1-crore rupees?-whatsapp-image-20221214-18.08.31-edited.jpg  

Last edited by abs182 : 15th December 2022 at 11:08.
Old 15th December 2022, 17:28   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P2324 View Post
I had the same dilemma as you 2 months ago. I test drove both cars. Interiors are better in the GLE but the X5 is simply amazing as a driver's car.

Can you please guide me on the quote I posted. Whether the discount given is good enough or I have room to negotiate.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th December 2022 at 17:33. Reason: Trimmed quoted post. Please quote only relevant portion.
Old 15th December 2022, 17:32   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you please guide me on the quote I posted. Whether the discount given is good enough or I have room to negotiate.
If you don't bother about that leather, or 2022 MY, it looks Ok. They are not earning much on Insurance either. Best case, another lac or so.

But, as I mentioned before, I will pick that Merino leather 10 out of 10 times even at a 5 Lac higher price.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 17:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion, there's some room for negotiation here. The dealer has just waived off the Auxillary Charges which are 50k.

Insurance seems ok.

Given that there's an updated car arriving next year, dealers would want to get rid of the cars in stock. You can get another lakh or more off the car. Compare the pricing with another BMW dealer.
Old 17th December 2022, 00:04   #39
BHPian

If one can wait for a year, LCI is likely to also see the engines get an update apart from the cosmetic ones. The 40i engine in the Lci x7 is uprated by about 40hp and 90nm. The result is a decrease in the official 0-100 time from 6.1 to 5.8 sec. The same refresh can make the x5 even more peppier.
Neelavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 17:42   #40
BHPian

Need advice. I'm being told that now no diesel option is available in BMW X5 as BMW has allotted the lot already and that now should wait for LCI in june july.

Also due to territory rules I cannot fetch the vehicle from anywhere else. Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

I waited for 1st Jan because the vehicle now comes with Merino Leather and as discussed earlier I opted to wait for it.

Now when I have made up my mind for a X5 Diesel white with merino leather the dealer in Vadodara says there's no production lineup available. I guess the BMW guys here weren't taking my intentions of buying the car seriously.
Old 19th January 2023, 17:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Need advice. I'm being told that now no diesel option is available in BMW X5 as BMW has allotted the lot already and that now should wait for LCI in june july.

Also due to territory rules I cannot fetch the vehicle from anywhere else. Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

I waited for 1st Jan because the vehicle now comes with Merino Leather and as discussed earlier I opted to wait for it.

Now when I have made up my mind for a X5 Diesel white with merino leather the dealer in Vadodara says there's no production lineup available. I guess the BMW guys here weren't taking my intentions of buying the car seriously.

Last time I spoke to my SA last week, he said they haven't received any diesel X5's in Merino Leather yet.

X5 LCI seems unlikely to be launched in June/July in India. The car has not been revealed and launched overseas yet.

The best bet would be to wait until next month for an allocation.
Old 4th February 2023, 11:29   #42
BHPian

X5 LCI is expected to be launched globally on Feb 7th as per some reports. So India launch should also follow few months down the line.
Old 6th February 2023, 11:22   #43
BHPian

Finally got the X5 Diesel with the Marino leather in Tanzanite Blue as color yesterday.
Decided to stick it out for the Marino Leather. Thank you all for the feedback especially Turbanator for the leather recommendation.
Attached Thumbnails
Which new luxury German SUV for 1-crore rupees?-image-20230204-19.22.06.jpg  

abs182 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks