View Poll Results: Should I buy it?
Yes - looks like a good deal to me! 34 17.35%
No - Stay away from a demo car! 162 82.65%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 17:44   #1
BHPian

Should I buy this 4200-km demo Audi Q2?

I have posted the same query in demo car thread, posting it here as well as it would be great to have inputs from fellow q2 owners. I have been offered a 4200km driven unregistered demo audi q2 which was september 2021 billed car by a dealer. The dealer has quoted me 34lakhs on road daman. It’s a premium plus II variant white color and condition looks good. Q2 has been discontinued and there are no new cars available. Is this a good deal? I am not able to get a new q2 anywhere and there is no other luxury car under 40lakhs that’s available right now so I am kind of leaning into this deal. So 6 months warranty has already expired on this car and I can pay 60k more to get extended 3 yrs warranty. The car is my20 manufactured He claims car was only used for display seminars and small test drives. What all should I check for in the car before finalizing it? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Is it a good idea to get the Q2 at this time? How is the car holding up for you guys and should if I buy this car, should I also buy the service package?
techspark is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 13:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Driven - Audi Q2! Unveiling & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techspark View Post
The dealer has quoted me 34lakhs on road daman. It’s a premium plus II variant white color and condition looks good. Q2 has been discontinued and there are no new cars available. Is this a good deal?
The Q2, when available, would retail for around 33-34 Lakh, on-road Daman. Audi had some good discount offers back then.

Considering that, plus the loss of warranty, plus the car being 2 years old now, I would not consider this to be a good deal.
Mechb63 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post
The Q2, when available, would retail for around 33-34 Lakh, on-road Daman. Audi had some good discount offers back then.

Considering that, plus the loss of warranty, plus the car being 2 years old now, I would not consider this to be a good deal.
That is true. I even had a quote of 32 lakhs on road daman in sept last year, should have booked it back then but I got greedy and thought of waiting for year end discounts. Right now there are no brand new q2s left with any dealer and since the car is discontinued, the dealers are not flexible on pricing and this is the best quote I could get. I feel q2 is the cheapest entry to the 3 luxury brands and all other cars have at-least 10-12 lakhs difference (they are a segment higher though)

I still haven’t given a go ahead to the deal yet, as the warranty is 6 month expired, car is used, plus its my20 manufactured, lots of negative for putting in 30lakhs and it is a big amount for me. Is there any news on new lot of q2 being imported or q2 becoming a ckd in near future?
techspark is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 16:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I still haven’t given a go ahead to the deal yet, as the warranty is 6 month expired, car is used, plus its my20 manufactured, lots of negative for putting in 30lakhs and it is a big amount for me. Is there any news on new lot of q2 being imported or q2 becoming a ckd in near future?
As far as I know, the Q2 has been discontinued worldwide. I do not think anything from the German brands would be coming in this price bracket any time soon.

You may wait for the Q3 which shall arrive soon, but going by the massive price hikes here and there, be ready to shell out more than 50 big ones for the car.

However, if you must buy a premium car in this price bracket, just go for this Q2. You will not find another premium car in this bracket ever again. As you said, the car is billed already which is why the warranty has started. The dealer will not go any lower on its price, come what may.

You could also consider the Skoda Octavia at this price point. A familiar drivetrain as the Q2 in a more spacious package. I hear there is a 21 make Style variant in the plant, you could bag a good deal on that car. The only drawback with the Octavia, I guess, would be the absence of the big badge.
Mechb63 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, the Q2 has been discontinued worldwide. I do not think anything from the German brands would be coming in this price bracket any time soon.

You may wait for the Q3 which shall arrive soon, but going by the massive price hikes here and there, be ready to shell out more than 50 big ones for the car.
I think from what I read Audi confirmed there will not be a new generation for the Q2 but I think the current generation should remain in production for atleast next 2-3 years and so I was hoping they might reimport the car for India.

The audi dealer told me Q3 would initially come as a cbu and would be priced in 55-60 bracket which I feel is absolutely ridiculous but given the current trends I am not surprised. The gla is 52 and there are no offers. X1 sport line is discontinued and the best price I could get was 45L otr mumbai.

Quote:
However, if you must buy a premium car in this price bracket, just go for this Q2. You will not find another premium car in this bracket ever again. As you said, the car is billed already which is why the warranty has started. The dealer will not go any lower on its price, come what may.
Yes the dealer is not ready to reduce even 1 rupee further. I told him to atleast give me extended warranty, he even denied that. My heart wants this car but the mind is scared, one of the toughest decisions to make
techspark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the dealer is not ready to reduce even 1 rupee further. I told him to atleast give me extended warranty, he even denied that. My heart wants this car but the mind is scared, one of the toughest decisions to make
Well, it is going to be one of those difficult decisions to make. Have you considered going the pre-owned route? I guess it'll be better to get a car used by a family for a few more km than buying a demo car which has been used (read abused) by a lot of people.
Mechb63 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 18:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it is going to be one of those difficult decisions to make. Have you considered going the pre-owned route? I guess it'll be better to get a car used by a family for a few more km than buying a demo car which has been used (read abused) by a lot of people.
I am not keen on the pre-owned route as it is my first luxury car, I also would need bank finance and I wanted it to be brand new but since q2 is sold out, I considered the demo car route.
Old 10th May 2022, 16:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I am not keen on the pre-owned route as it is my first luxury car, I also would need bank finance and I wanted it to be brand new but since q2 is sold out, I considered the demo car route.
Technically you will be the first owner of the car but isn't it already driven 4000 odd kms? If I were you, I would not buy a demo car as my first entry into the luxury segment. The demo car must have been driven/abused by a lot of people plus 6 month warranty is already gone. Q2's backseat is nothing to write about, very cramped and angle is upright making the people sitting at the back uncomfortable over longish journeys. And there are no grab handles in the car. Did I say it does not have a touchscreen as well? I don't hate the Q2, it is absolute joy to drive but there are just too many compromises for 34L for a DEMO car IMHO. Also, do you have a proper address in Daman?

I was in a similar situation where I considered buying Q2 as my first entry into luxury segment but I extended my budget and got A4 during diwali time in 2021.

I would suggest you to extend your budget and buy a proper luxury car. If you can not extend budget now, I would suggest you to wait for sometime until you have saved enough to extend the budget. If you must buy a car now and now, please take a look at octavia, C5 aircross, mini countryman (may be out of budget as well) etc.
sagpatel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 16:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Technically you will be the first owner of the car but isn't it already driven 4000 odd kms? If I were you, I would not buy a demo car as my first entry into the luxury segment. The demo car must have been driven/abused by a lot of people plus 6 month warranty is already gone.

I was in a similar situation where I considered buying Q2 as my first entry into luxury segment but I extended my budget and got A4 during diwali time in 2021.

I would suggest you to extend your budget and buy a proper luxury car. If you can not extend budget now, I would suggest you to wait for sometime until you have saved enough to extend the budget. If you must buy a car now and now, please take a look at octavia, C5 aircross, mini countryman (may be out of budget as well) etc.
After a lot of thought, I finally decided not to go ahead with the demo car. It was a very tough call. There was a small paint peeled off from the bonet that would require a complete repaint and the dealer was too fixed on the price and denied extended warranty or even a proper service before delivery so I let it go. 34 is a lot of money for me and I want complete peace of mind if I am putting in that much money so I decided I will probably wait a few months more and get the car I really want (GLA). Right now it’s way out of my budget and even countryman or volvo xc40 they are all out of my budget now but for 15lakhs more they are a lot better than q2 in every aspect especially the GLA, the interiors feel plush and it’s another feeling to be inside the cabin. I would keep this car for atleast 10 years and the extra money would not be that much of a hit in the long run.
Lack of touchscreen, not usable wireless charging, missing wireless carplay, no electric seat adjustments, mediocre plastic quality inside and plus it being a cbu were all the things that bothered me too so I guess, it hopefully turns out a good decision to let this car go. I thank everyone for their inputs and help to make my decision.
techspark is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 19:12   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After a lot of thought, I finally decided not to go ahead with the demo car. It was a very tough call.
Good call mate, glad you decided against it! A 2 year old Q2 is simply not worth 34 big ones! To give you an idea, even with the seller's market and all that I'd only consider it at 28 Lacs, or probably 30 tops with a bunch of accessories and extended warranty cover thrown in or something!
manson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Good call mate, glad you decided against it! A 2 year old Q2 is simply not worth 34 big ones! To give you an idea, even with the seller's market and all that I'd only consider it at 28 Lacs, or probably 30 tops with a bunch of accessories and extended warranty cover thrown in or something!
The dealer called me back and is ready to give me 3 year extended warranty and first service free and free mats and car cover plus three years audi my connect for same quoted price of 34 on road daman. Is this a good deal now?
Old 12th May 2022, 00:34   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The dealer called me back and is ready to give me 3 year extended warranty and first service free and free mats and car cover plus three years audi my connect for same quoted price of 34 on road daman. Is this a good deal now?
30 lacs inclusive of 3 year extended warranty + audi puddle lights + mats + body cover + 2 keychains + 2 audi caps + ceramic coating+ audi myconnect dongle + 0 depreciation insurance would be my topmost offer, that too with Mumbai registration unless you have a permanent address in Daman and nothing needs to be worked around for Daman registration.

If you're not able to close it at this trust me you'd be better off walking away from the deal and scouting a demo / used X1, a new Compass model S or saving up for the new GLA that your heart is set on.

Last edited by manson : 12th May 2022 at 00:36.
manson is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 00:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
30 lacs inclusive of 3 year extended warranty + audi puddle lights + mats + body cover + 2 keychains + 2 audi caps + ceramic coating+ audi myconnect dongle + 0 depreciation insurance would be my topmost offer, that too with Mumbai registration unless you have a permanent address in Daman and nothing needs to be worked around for Daman registration.

If you're not able to close it at this trust me you'd be better off walking away from the deal and scouting a demo / used X1, a new Compass model S or saving up for the new GLA that your heart is set on.
Thanks so much. Gla is still 18 lakhs more and that’s a lot of money for me. I am definitely gonna ask for the additional accessories. Price he is not willing to go further but I have one last meeting with him, if he adjusts, I will take a call. I will also visit and call bmw dealerships to see if they have any x1 demo cars. Also, will take a long test drive of the q2 tomorrow. He told me Q2 does not support door led lights, is he correct?

Edit: Guys, if anyone is from Mumbai and is free for an hour sometime tomorrow or day after and can accompany me to inspect and test drive the vehicle it would be of immense help. It’s my first time buying a demo car and someone with knowledge about how to inspect it would be of great help. Please dm me if possible

Last edited by techspark : 12th May 2022 at 00:56.
techspark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 03:11   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks so much. Gla is still 18 lakhs more and that’s a lot of money for me.
In that case I'd reckon 34 lacs is way too much money to blow mostly for a badge which in my humble opinion is really not worth it. And then there's a good chance that most 1-2 year old used cars have seen lesser abuse than the demo car.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 11:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much. Gla is still 18 lakhs more and that’s a lot of money for me. I am definitely gonna ask for the additional accessories. Price he is not willing to go further but I have one last meeting with him, if he adjusts, I will take a call. I will also visit and call bmw dealerships to see if they have any x1 demo cars. Also, will take a long test drive of the q2 tomorrow. He told me Q2 does not support door led lights, is he correct?
Audi connect dongle comes free with every Audi car, this is what I was told by my dealer so dont consider that into the freebies list. Also ask the dealer to give you 5 year comprehensive service included in the price you finalise. Trust me Q2 is not worth spending 34 big ones. You need additional freebies to justify the cost. Is this Audi Mumbai west?
sagpatel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks