Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 13:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Itch for a 55-70 lakh SUV | GLC vs X3 vs Q5 vs XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeCee21 View Post
Unfortunately X4 is no longer available though tbh I love the styling despite a little less headroom. So this isn't a feasible option anyway. Also Xc60 now does not come with air suspension or drive mode - so it's a pretty linear power delivery and soft grunt when pushed.
My bad on the XC60. I recall reading a press release and some user feedback on another thread here which mentioned air suspension and drive modes.

About the X4, there seems to be some stock at various dealerships using BMW's stock locator. Hope they're updating it regularly.
Old 30th October 2023, 13:57   #17

What Car under 80 Lacs.

Thank you for accepting my membership on this portal.

Bit about myself

I am in mid 40’s with 2 teenagers and run a Spice Industry from Warangal. I own a 2016 Camry which has now clocked about 95,000 kms and is due for an upgrade. I also own a 2021 Nexon which is my beater car which has clocked 36,000 kms. While Camry is my vehicle, Nexon is being used by my family & kids for daily use.

From this year, the kids have been sent to outstation for education and I do not expect them to return for the next 7 to 10 years. So, it’s going to be only me and my wife. So, naturally, the Nexon is sitting idle and it’s only Camry thats being used.

As mentioned, I am looking to sell my Camry and upgrade my car. A surgery on left thigh and spine made me not to strain my leg much. Getting in and out of rear seat in Camry is causing trouble due to low seating. So I have now moved to using Nexon as my beater. Obviously, Nexon rear seat is comfortable but no way near to Camry in ride and I ride about 50 to 70 kms on mostly bumpy road 6 days a week.

Given that Nexon is my primary car and Camry would be idle, I am looking to disposing my much loved Camry and buy an SUV. The urge is there to go higher on the price ladder if it’s really worth it.

Look-outs in New Car

1. SUV - I think sedan is too low seated for my comfort.

2. Rear seat comfort - A priority to accommodate 3 adults and have enough legroom.

3. Diesel / Petrol - Nothing in particular.

4. Seater - 5 seater preferably.

5. Budget - Ex-Showroom not more than 80 lacs.

6. New / Preowned - Only new.

7. Do not care about CC or Torque or Driving Experience. It’s mostly chauffeur driven.

Shortlisted and Test Driven.

I am a Sales Persons nightmare! I keep asking them so many questions and have taken multiple test drives all vehicles listed below -

1. Hyundai Tucson / Innova Hybrid - Brilliant cars. Suits me. Everything is perfect although slight inclination to Tucson being a 5 seater. But absolutely loved the ingress in Innova. The height is just perfect for me.

2. Tata Harrier - Smashing looks and stunning when compared to nexon. But another TATA?

3. Kodiaq - Seemed perfect, but, strangely, the sales representative was more interested in pushing me Kushaq which I have not test driven. It was a weird experience with Skoda. So, letting it go! Also, the DSG issues that I have read in this forum might haunt me.

4. XUV 700 - Heavy body roll on demo vehicle. Probably the worst of all cars in the same road that we test drove. Quick no!

5. Compass - The brand does not instil confidence in me given that I am planning to hold for 5 to 7 years.

6. BYD Atto 3 - Too low for my comfort.

7. C5 Aircross - Terrific ride. The best of the lot! But, leg space is a big big let down. Weirdly, this car feels neither here not there segment.

8. Fortuner - Nope. More like XUV700. But have not test driven this.

Now, I am more or less finalised on Tucson. However, I wish to know if I can go a step further on the German Brands on comfort. I know that spending more on money does not guarantee of comfort. But, if its worth it, I am blessed to take a car in the above segment.

Based on my cursory research, I have shortlisted following cars to my budget -

- BMW X3
- GLC Coupe
- Range Rover Evoque
- Audi Q5
- XC60

Out of these, I have just test drive XC60 and absolutely loved the seat comfort. It’s absolutely worth it to spend the extra for XC60.

Being a first time mover in to “Luxury” segment, any help would be very helpful.
narenwarangal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 11:31   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

For rear seat comfort and legroom I believe you can safely cut out the X3 (poor under thigh support), Evoque, glc coupe out (legroom and headroom).

The Q5 is a comfortable option but feels quite dated and given your budget you should be convincing the audi folks to get you the Q7 with air suspension in your budget. That would be an excellent option, though air suspension could require higher maintenance.

Along with the Q7, XC60, I would also throw in the Lexus NX350 in as an option - it's an upmarket, Camry crossover for all practical purposes.
Between these 3, and the tucson & Innova at the lower end of the spectrum - pick the one that keeps you most cocooned.

Also, I would throw in the 6GT as an option as well. It's a sedan but with the air suspension + higher seating could be a good option albeit dated.
Old 2nd November 2023, 09:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
For rear seat comfort and legroom I believe you can safely cut out the X3 (poor under thigh support), Evoque, glc coupe out (legroom and headroom).

Along with the Q7, XC60, I would also throw in the Lexus NX350 in as an option - it's an upmarket, Camry crossover for all practical purposes.
Thank you for sharing Q7 and Lexus NX350 options. I will test drive Q7, XC60 and NX350 and update the thread.

I am leaving out the sedan option presently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks