Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 11:47   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buy the W205 Mercedes C-Class now, or wait for the new W206 generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
GTO: In which city was the A4 negotiated down to 39L OTR? In Bengaluru, the base model is almost 55L. Can't imagine Audi tanking their margins that low here.
Mumbai. Refer this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5137776 (2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh)
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Oh wow. That’s some price for the A4.

Like it’s mentioned a few posts above, it’s really hard to extract discounts at Audi Bangalore.

I booked the A6 last week.

I thought I managed a good price only to see this A4 OTR price at Mumbai and feel that I didn’t do such a great job after all.
jkrishnakj is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
GTO: In which city was the A4 negotiated down to 39L OTR? In Bengaluru, the base model is almost 55L. Can't imagine Audi tanking their margins that low here.
I picked up the A4 for 39L OTR in Rajkot, Gujarat: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5132137 (2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh)
sohels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 13:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Off-topic , Has anyone bought Audi cars from Delhi dealers like Audi Gurugram and Audi Gurgaon and tried registering in a southern state like Tamilnadu ? Will there be any problems during registration or during service/warranty support ?
This would be interesting to know.I suppose the hassle of transport, insurance etc may not be something that a dealer outside of South India would want to attempt.

Also, I am pretty sure the local dealer will find a way to extract the difference out of you over subsequent service visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

I thought I managed a good price only to see this A4 OTR price at Mumbai and feel that I didn’t do such a great job after all.
Congratulations! Wish you many (s)miles with the new car. A 2.0L Petrol engine on a German can would be a real treat.
anandavinash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 16:34   #20
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidusown View Post
Hi, A big thanks to the Team-BHP community for a user-driven perspective and advice over the years.

Cars considered:
  1. BMW 330i and the 330 Li - The cars themselves are absolute hoot to drive, but interiors feel a gen behind the Merc
  2. GLA 220d - Nice new gen GLA. Strong diesel engine, loads of features. The rear seat feels a bit jumpy (could be over inflated tires) and the car has a bit of body roll as well.
    Also it’s a small SUV, while the C-Class feels a much like a much larger vehicle for a little more money
  3. Considered the Skodas - Octavia and the Superb - but it didn’t feel as special as the Merc
  4. Also the Fortuner is close to 48 OTR for the top version - and feels overpriced, but reliable and strong
  5. Did not consider Audi
  6. We like the C-Class for the very well appointed interior, a diesel option, the marque value and it fulfils the need for a family of 4.

Look forward to hearing your inputs.

Thanks for the time.
All the cars listed above have their USPs and none of the cars will disappoint you once you know what you are looking for. Going through the posts, I feel the list is getting shorted to Audi A4/A6 or C-class W205/W206.

A6 is a good all-rounder and it is fairly priced but remember A4 comes with a 190PS petrol engine and it is not the same one found in A6. If A6 is not making your heart skip a beat, then I would say skip A4 also, its smaller sibling.

When I was trying to choose between a 3 series and C-class, a couple of features like lumbar support, the sun blinds, panoramic sun-roof, extensible under thigh support etc tilted my decision over to C-class over a 3 series. As a family car, C-class is a better choice among the entry level 3/C/A4 to pamper all the passengers a bit more and make them feel a bit more special. Merc doesn't skip essential features on lesser models whereas BMW/Audi reserves some of them for 5-series/A6 and above. One positive I found in A4 was the better boot among the three.

Though GLA is more practical, I feel C is much better looking than a GLA and its wow factor will continue for many years (till you start thinking about the next car)

Coming to the new W206 C-class, are you a big fan of all those touch buttons instead of nice tactile buttons/rockers in the current “C” ? It may be a pain to operate while focusing on the road. Watch the video below around 20th minute.

C300d is very tempting with the updated power ratings (265PS and 550NM).
sgm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 22:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Oh wow. That’s some price for the A4.

Like it’s mentioned a few posts above, it’s really hard to extract discounts at Audi Bangalore.

There's a difference of 2-3L in road tax between Mumbai and BLR. BLR has a monopoly dealer that leads to more money staying on the dealer side of the table.
Old 31st August 2021, 22:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post

A6 is a good all-rounder and it is fairly priced but remember A4 comes with a 190PS petrol engine and it is not the same one found in A6. If A6 is not making your heart skip a beat, then I would say skip A4 also, its smaller sibling.

Tested both the A6 and the A4. The A6 scraped the same potholes that A4 handled well in the pothole capital of the world - BLR. The A4 felt more manageable in the city and for my driving style peppy - once I crossed 2000 odd revs. At low end, engine is sleepy
Old 1st September 2021, 13:32   #23
BHPian

If you are up for pre-owned masterpieces, you you should check BMW 3GT. It has good leg room at the rear. Pretty decent boot space if you remove the space saver spare wheel. This car should be on par for handling the like Mercedes C class or better. You will also enjoy driving this. Reliability is also pretty good in comparison to other Germans.
BrakingBad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakingBad View Post
If you are up for pre-owned masterpieces, you you should check BMW 3GT. It has good leg room at the rear. Pretty decent boot space if you remove the space saver spare wheel. This car should be on par for handling the like Mercedes C class or better. You will also enjoy driving this. Reliability is also pretty good in comparison to other Germans.
Hi, We are looking to buy a new car and keep it for 5-7 years. My earlier plan was to wait for the Model 3. But given our long drives around the country, shall wait for 5-7 years for the charging infrastructure to mature.

We shortlisted the A4, and are in the final stages. Hopefully all goes well, and we get the new car before Ganesh Chathurthi
naidusown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidusown View Post
We shortlisted the A4, and are in the final stages. Hopefully all goes well, and we get the new car before Ganesh Chathurthi
Congratulations on your booking and happy mile munching. Can you throw some light on which variant you are picking up, discount you have received etc (if it is okay with you) and is it in Blr or Hyd
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrakingBad View Post
Congratulations on your booking and happy mile munching. Can you throw some light on which variant you are picking up, discount you have received etc (if it is okay with you) and is it in Blr or Hyd
We booked the A4 Premium Plus in BLR. Features omitted vs Technology Pack:

1. Self Park
2. Cockpit glass panel
3. Aluminium detailing in center panel vs piano black
4. Wireless phone charger

and a few other bits. In my view the premium of 3.5L + for these bits was not worth it

The final negotiations are still on

HYD and Mumbai are providing more discounts.
Also, the RTO at Bangalore confirmed that they do not have any concern on registering a T/R vehicle bought from another state.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by naidusown : 2nd September 2021 at 16:49.
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post

Coming to the new W206 C-class, are you a big fan of all those touch buttons instead of nice tactile buttons/rockers in the current “C” ? It may be a pain to operate while focusing on the road. Watch the video below around 20th minute.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hFp2X2uqg9w

C300d is very tempting with the updated power ratings (265PS and 550NM).
The glass paneling is an attempt by Audi/Mercedes to level up with Tesla.

Personally, I like the old school dials. However the kids love the glass panels - as most of the their experience is now through these panels
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:

This would be interesting to know.I suppose the hassle of transport, insurance etc may not be something that a dealer outside of South India would want to attempt.

Also, I am pretty sure the local dealer will find a way to extract the difference out of you over subsequent service visits.

Anand,

With the highway network, driving down is a real option from Bombay to most other cities.

The Bangalore RTO has confirmed that registering a T/R from another state is not an issue at all.

For one Audi dealer to sell to another state/territory, there's apparently an additional 1L charge or something. Not clear - but there is some guardrailing.

Hope this helps.
Old 5th September 2021, 15:16   #29
BHPian

Take a look at the new BH registration. you will end up saving quite a bit waiting till 15 if your eligible for the BH registration.
xavierk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 05:17   #30
BHPian

Update: Picked up a GLC petrol Detailed experience to follow. Thanks to Xaviers tip, trying for the BH registration.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks