Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 16:39   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Not to worry at all..!
Hi Behemoth,
Your words come as a soothing balm for the tortured soul !

For I have been a victim of price rise of the TFort just as I was booking it. Around the time I was booking it - Jan '11 it went up by almost 38K. And now they come out with a new kid on the block which I thought had the potential to drag the resale value down. Luckily it may not.

One way prices of older models remain fairly stable generally is if the later/newer models are priced higher. Of course the advantage is knocked out if the technology has dramatically changed. Eg the value of the old Scorps with DI engines coming down after the CRDes and later MHaHas came in.
However earlier there was no impact on the first lot of CRDEs (which included my classic Scorp !) when the very next model after them with just suspension and cosmetic changes (labelled all new Scorp with 43 changes !) came out.

So I was rather relieved to note that the new TFort was only 'cosmetically' enhanced and that the engine technology hadn't changed. And now the glad tidings from you that the prices are going to be increased.

Also if the Indian components are going to increase - then I can label the current TForts as - Original Classic TFort - OCTFort !

Last edited by Guderian : 11th August 2011 at 16:42.
Old 11th August 2011, 18:10   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Not to worry General Sahab, give the tortured soul a rest. Though, exact comparisons can only be made when we see it in the flesh, I have still chosen the Classic even after researching the face-lift thoroughly because I know the upgrade pattern of Toyota and have lived through it with my Corolla.

The fit and finish of my 7 year Toyota is still rock solid and it looked better than next upgrade that Toyota launched. I am sorry/pleased to report that some parts (especially the Rubberized Top Dashboard) is even better than the current Fortuner. Only when they did a semi-major upgrade to Altis that the things tilted in its favor.

This Fortuner upgrade is just a mid life face-lift; The completely new model of the Fortuner will not come before 2014-15; This face-lift may or may not be liked fully by the consumers. The short survey I did on TBhp has things tilting in the Classic's favor albeit slightly. Only when I encountered the raptor in the flesh have I realized its enduring feel.

It will last in the Classic Hall of Design and you and me will be the privileged last few owners of the same...

Last edited by dkaile : 11th August 2011 at 18:17.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:40   #1128
BHPian

Hearty Congratulations Dkaile!
The Falcon sure looks stunning in Silver!

And what a way to announce the arrival, on TOGO channel! I'm sure you'll get all the TRP rating then

Welcome to the T-Fort Club.
Do let us know how have you accessorized the Falcon!

In case you need any help with the OE accessories, please let me know.
I've got a few tips there for you.

Wishing you many miles and smiles!
cheers.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 10:13   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
It will last in the Classic Hall of Design and you and me will be the privileged last few owners of the same...
Hi dkaile,
That is truly a delightful thought. And sets the pulse raising just thinking about it.
And as a loyal T customer that is indeed a very interesting perspective from your side.

I presume the reason as to why you have stuck with the T line is that the quality of components - plastics and rest- is good, trouble free though boring experience etc. Right ? What I would love to know is whether T has maintained the same quality over the years since Corolla and Qualis - plastics and components that you have experienced and can experience on the TFort. Just simple things - nothing fancy. Would give an idea about the general trend.

And this morning I saw an ad in the Zigwheels for a 2005 TQualis - going at almost 5 Ls ! Now that is some serious food for thought. If that isn't holding on to a great resale value what is ?

And another thing that bothers me no end - Your TFort. Notice it being referred by you various as Falcon, Raptor etc - all birds of prey no doubt. So what exactly is the final name eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
And what a way to announce the arrival, on TOGO channel! I'm sure you'll get all the TRP rating then
Uh oh !
While this is fantastic publicity for the channel (and we have almost closed in on the channel's Sales Head - Monaro where are you ?) I hope it doesn't attract the IT dept's sleuths !

Last edited by Guderian : 12th August 2011 at 10:16.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:36   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR_SHR View Post
For MT or AT version? I guess the auto box will attract more.
Hi BBR_SHR,

2 lacs which I mentioned is for the MT version, comparable to the existing T-Fort. The AT version is likely to cost around 5 lacs more than the existing T-for, also with some additional bells and whistles, like Double Din DVD player, chrome linings, xenon headlamps (on the base version they may be halogen crystal vision), sporty body kit . The AT version though is still not finalized to be introduced in India, as it brings the FE down almost 20% in the case of the TFort and India market may not adopt it too well. The launch dates for AT have been deferred three times Mar 2011, Oct 2011, now Jan 2012. Most likely Toyota will try to gauge the response from potential customers in Auto Expo 2012 and then take the plunge.

(all this is from the rumour mill of friends in the Automotive circle, which I was also once part of!
Disclaimer: No claims for the accuracy of the information, unless Toyota themselves announce it, as they are an extremely secretive organization!)
Old 12th August 2011, 17:14   #1131
BHPian

Greetings General Saab

It was a pleasure to meet you and Admiral in person. Your hospitality was most generous to say the least and i thoroughly enjoyed it. And i must thank you for the time you spared me even though it was a bit unannounced visit.
Coming to the Admiral the first thing among the many which struck me was how immaculately clean he was even in Mumbai rains. A car spa as an alternative buisness might be very profitable for you.. And the US Army tool box with foldable showel is certainly a collectors item. I have started searching friends coming back from US to bring for me that showel. Invaluable piece of equipment in terrains like Ladakh.

And all the best for your "BB" trip.. (Bangalore Bachelor trip).

Last edited by columbus : 12th August 2011 at 17:15.
Old 12th August 2011, 22:16   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
I presume the reason as to why you have stuck with the T line is that the quality of components - plastics and rest- is good, trouble free though boring experience etc. Right ? What I would love to know is whether T has maintained the same quality over the years since Corolla and Qualis - plastics and components that you have experienced and can experience on the TFort. Just simple things - nothing fancy. Would give an idea about the general trend.

And this morning I saw an ad in the Zigwheels for a 2005 TQualis - going at almost 5 Ls ! Now that is some serious food for thought. If that isn't holding on to a great resale value what is ?

And another thing that bothers me no end - Your TFort. Notice it being referred by you various as Falcon, Raptor etc - all birds of prey no doubt. So what exactly is the final name eh ?
The quality of Qualis's plastics was quite low compared to the Corolla. I still see the same parts in the Fortuner from the Corolla. Now according to me that is GOOD because in this age of cost cutting some things last.

5L is OK, nothing fabulous, I presume; Depends on the mileage and the condition of the vehicle.

It is indeed the Falcon; "Millennium Falcon" to be exact.

My ownership thread is now online here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uilt-last.html

Herr' Generale' and all the friends at TOGO channel are cordially invited to the opening ceremony/comments. I have clarified many of my thoughts about Toyota there. Awaiting your valuable inputs there...
Old 13th August 2011, 00:28   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Folks just saw the facelifted Corolla today.
Boy did the rear look horrible.
You are soo very lucky to have your hands on a pre-facelifted T-Fort.
Just think of us poor souls who will not be able to get our hands on a new un-refreshed example.
Sigh!
Old 13th August 2011, 08:22   #1134
Senior - BHPian

@Guderian - Sorry I misread the 5L price for a TFort; For TQualis, its ultra fabulous...
Old 16th August 2011, 14:19   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
@Guderian - Sorry I misread the 5L price for a TFort; For TQualis, its ultra fabulous...
The chaps at Galaxy Toyota have been after my life to sell my Qualis to them for a while now. Goes without saying i am not even considering their quotes as my Qualis has done only about 1.85 lac kilometers so far and surely has another 2-3 lac kms in it to go.

Their offered price is around 3-3.5 lacs but i hear that a good example like mine with fulls service history and records can fetch upto 5 lacs in places like Leh.

I would'nt mind giving it up for 5 lacs and plonking the money on the initial payment for a Thar..but somehow i feel that would be a mistake.

General Guderian San is MIA. I think we should send an advance search party before he gets a court martial from the LoH. Also we are keen on pics and a juicy write up with full details on his "bachelor weekend" with the Admiral.

Come in General..please respond. Alpha Kilo out.
Old 16th August 2011, 17:41   #1136
Senior - BHPian

"I shall return..." So said Gen Mc Arthur on being routed out of the Phillipines in 1942 by Japs. And he did.
"I'll be baaak..." So said an Ex Guv'nor of California before his wife threw him out for some minor indiscretions. He's yet to return.

But I stated both and I have returned and am back here ! After a fantastic Mum-Blr-Mum run. Almost 2000KMs in 2 days of drive ! Report follows.

In the meantime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
It was a pleasure to meet you and Admiral in person.
Hi Columbus,
You are very generous with your words.
It was truly a pleasure meeting you and exchanging lots of info filled notes on the TForts.

Quote:
The quality of Qualis's plastics was quite low compared to the Corolla.
Herr' Generale' and all the friends at TOGO channel are cordially invited to the opening ceremony/comments. I have clarified many of my thoughts about Toyota there. Awaiting your valuable inputs there...
Hi dkaile,
Thanks for the inputs. And a wonderful thread you have there of M.Falcon. Togo Channel and Channel Falcon now. Time to chat about a cross holding pattern etc ?!! To create a monolithic, humongous Channel d' TFort ?!!
Anyway all in good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
You are soo very lucky to have your hands on a pre-facelifted T-Fort.
Hi mdsaab,
Classics never die ! But not to lose hope - plenty of 2nds around - if you like owning soiled vehicles. Or else get the new TFort and retrofit it. Nils desperandum !

Quote:
Truly so dkaile. Just hang on to that beauty of yours - TQualis. It surely is a collecters item. Now don't get back here and mention that you have already sold it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
1. The chaps at Galaxy Toyota have been after my life to sell my Qualis to them for a while now.

2. Come in General..please respond. Alpha Kilo out.
Hi Manuuj,
1. Suggest you give up your life - but not the TQualis. It just isn't worth it.
2. Reporting back sir.

Report follows.

Last edited by Guderian : 16th August 2011 at 17:43.
Old 16th August 2011, 20:51   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Guderian, that will be one of many firsts. usually folks want to modify their vehicles to fit the new facelifted items. I remember wanting to do so for our 1998 Esteem. and managed to add the new type grille. But in the case of the T-Fort, thanks to Toyota's bad reputation for facelifting. Many folks will probably do what you suggest. As far as picking up a pre-owned one. I personally do not prefer doing so. But who knows!

Eagerly awaiting your snaps of the Great Highway run.
Old 16th August 2011, 22:00   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Admiral & The Deccan Charge : Aug 13 & 15 2011.

In the end what was it ? A mad dash ? Or a drive down memory lane ? Or something to test the Admiral ? Or just allowing oneself to break free ? Or allowing Admiral to express himself and do what he likes doing the best ?

In the end it was, I guess, a grand amalgamation of it all. Perhaps best described by the fact that Admiral did exactly 1915.5 KMs in two days of running with a rest day for him thrown in between.

And in the bargain learnt something more about the Admiral.

And it all began with a group of mad, real mad, college mates deciding to have a long overdue Josephite batch reunion and in Bangalore. With a 'farman' that one better be there or else there would be a general order passed - with a request to Bangalore University to revoke the degrees of the absentees. And as an organiser and a prime mover I thought it'd be best if I attended. And what better way to do it than drive down after giving no choice to two other batchmates who had the misfortune of sharing the same urban space of Mumbai as yours truly.....!

(Disclaimer - This account is by no means a travelogue but will focus on the experience with Admiral the TFort. But in case there are any momentary lapses of reason - the scribe may be forgiven !)

And the charge across and back the Deccan Plateau began on Saturday morning (Aug 13, 2011) at 0430 hrs (after picking up all) and ended on Monday evening (Aug 15, 2011) at 1745 hrs (after dropping all). And yes, Aug 14 (the day of the reunion) was the Grand Admiral's day of rest.

And all the facts are now punctuated and best described by some snaps.

Let's start at the very begining...A very good place to start - Sorry Julie Andrews !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08521.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08522.jpg

The roads and traffic upto the Karnataka border were terrible. The difference in the GQ quality within Maharashtra and Karnataka is quite puzzling as it is managed by a central agency NHAI.
The traffic - appeared that everyone and his uncle post was heading out of Mumbai and sorrounding areas upto the border. So the progress was painful. Reached the border and Nippani only by about 1130 hrs. And not to mention the moments of maddening annoyance at the toll booths on this side of the border.
In the earlier runs Kohlapur used to be passed by about 930 hrs and touch Hubli (in Ka) by about 1215 hrs.

Admiral at a break near Nippani:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08530.jpg

The moment you crossed the border (the very meter believe me !) the change was apparent. Much better road surfaces, 6 laned at most of the places and best of all no traffic.

Some vistas on the way out - post the border:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08531.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08532.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08534.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08535.jpg

Near Hubli saw this sight. Of a completely smashed up Scorpio - yet being driven at a fairly good speed - being taken away for repairs...hopefully !
Seems to have been involved in a smash and tumble episode:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08536.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08537.jpg

Admiral bunkering at Chitradurga BPCL:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08540.jpg

At a pit stop at Sira - 1630 hrs:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08544.jpg

We had three pit stops for passengers and two for Admiral. One at Wathar, Satara and the other at Chitradurga. In all we would have we would have lost about 2 hours of driving time.

While Admiral struggled to reach 100 KMPH upto the border in Karnataka from the border to the outskirts it was 140/150/160 constantly. All under safe driving norms. And we fabulously made up for lost time.

Reached the outskirts of Bangalore by 1730 hrs. And the horrendous traffic jam near Yeshwantpur by 1830 hrs. We were hanging around the Y'pur elevated roadway for almost an hour.

Not electric chromosomes:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08547.jpg

Just simply Namma Bengaluru traffic at Y'pur:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08549.jpg

Ended the days drive at around at our place of stay on St Marks Road at 2010 hrs.

And early next day spotted:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08561.jpg

And in the distance:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08563.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08567.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08572.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08573.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08574.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08575.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08577.jpg

With both chaps glaring at each other from a safe distance:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08576.jpg

A quick visual & mental comparision of the V- XC60 told me that it was more of a plush soft roader with all the bells and whistles. Was Continental shod. TFort appeared to be much more rough and ready and upto it. Believe me !

Aug 14 was a day of rest for the Admiral though he hardly needed it.

Aug 15 - We left Bangalore at 4.00 am sharp for the return dash.

Crack o' dawn:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08628.jpg

Some glorious vistas on the way back - all on the Karnataka side:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08630.jpg
Name:  DSC08632.JPG
Views: 867
Size:  146.2 KB
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08634.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08635.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08637.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08638.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08639.jpg

(To be continued...with FE figures/Vehicle Behaviour etc !)
Guderian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 22:20   #1139
dot
Senior - BHPian

While you are busy writing and attaching the next post, let me quickly quip in to say that the mad dash was pretty mad indeed. I mean, it is no ordinary feat that one rushes to Bangalore only to be back in two days. Specially when you know what kind of road condition awaits you at the end runs of both the legs. Some amazing driving. Only one thing comes to my mind. Admiral is tough and so is your back.
Old 16th August 2011, 23:45   #1140
Senior - BHPian

To Continue...

The vistas:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08640.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08641.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08643.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08645.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08646.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08647.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08648.jpg

The return journey was amazingly fast with great time maintained between Bangalore to Karad in Maharashtra. Speeds were in the range of 130-150 KMPH.

A pit stop near Karad, Maharashtra:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08652.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08653.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08654.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08655.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08658.jpg

Post Karad things were back to the madness of Saturday morning. The same very same guys and their uncles were getting back ! Slow, real slow, speeds and toll booth looniness.
Even the P-M expressway felt like a weekday Mumbai road.
With the usual showers.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08660.jpg

E Way:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08661.jpg

On the Airoli Bridge - Oh Mumbai !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08663.jpg

The final counts of the trip.
KMs:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08666.jpg

End time:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08668.jpg

End MID FE (For the final run - Outskirts of Pune to Thane):
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08670.jpg

Breaks at Ranebennur Kamat for breakfast and Karad for light bites and drink. Cheated my chums out of lunch (waste of time and crowds rushing back !). Would have lost 1 hour and 15 minutes on breaks and fuel filling time.

Final Dirt !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08671.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08673.jpg
Name:  DSC08674.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  218.1 KB
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08676.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc08677.jpg

And now for some facts and figures.

Total number of times in the entire trip (to and fro) fuel filled : 6.
This number could have been reduced to 3 but for my fastidiousness (and a good practice !) to tank up the moment the fuel indicator needle reaches halfway mark.

FE Figures - Sector wise:

Outbound:

1. Thane - Satara (Wathar BPCL) - 11.65 KMPL : Speed Range (max time) - 100-120 KMPH.

2. Satara - Chitradurga (BPCL Dealer -Jagalur M) - 9.46 KMPL : Speed Range (post Nippani) - 140-160 KMPH.

Inbound:

3. Chitradurga - Bangalore - Nelamangala (BPCL COCO) - 10.55 KMPL: Speed Range - Chitradurga - Bangalore - 130 KMPH (Bangalore Traffic - 0 KMPH !)/ Bangalore- Nelamangala: 80 KMPH.

4. Nelamangala - Dharwar/Kotur (BPCL COCO - Kotur -2) - 9.88 KMPL - Speed Range - 130-160 KMPH.

5. Dharwar - Pune (BPCL COCO, Satara Road) - 9.92 KMPL - Speed Range - Dharwar to Nippani - 130-150 KMPH, Nippani to Pune - 90 -120 KMPH.

6. The final MID figure shows 13 KMPL for the Pune to Thane run which was in a slow run of 80-110 KMPH. Have almost a full tank left.

To my mind the FE figures were great given the speed ranges. At 80-100 range it would turn in figures of 15 KMPL as reported by others.

Total KMs run : 1915.5
Total amount spent on Fuel : Rs 7995.80.
Total amount spent on toll charges : Rs 1414.

During the entire trip:
1. Just twice was there a event of moderately hard braking. ABS didn't even kick in.

2. No major scare - except one. Of a guy (Tata 407) near Hubli driving in the wrong direction - 'my' side of the dual carriageway. As is the habit of the villagers there !

3. Harsh potholes hit - 1 mildly. No issues.

4. Mild jump over 1 road hump. No issues.

5. Fastest speed touched - 170 KMPH - very, very briefly - with some more inches to go on the pedal. The top speed could be 180 KMPH.

Brakes were found to be very adequate.

This was the first outing of the Admiral on long distance during heavy rains. Though I used to slow down during showers but even at 100-120 KMPH the vehicle was very sure footed and never lost its grip.
Wet patches were no problem at all.

To my mates -
1. The vehicle was superbly comfortable !
2. The seats were phenomenally luxurious, comfortable and fatigue free.
3. To them the space was very, very satisfying as neither of them felt claustrophobic - as would have been in their vehicles. They never imagined a long, long drive of over 12 hours to be this comfortable. First timers !
4. Music system was heavenly.
5. AC - Chiller. Constant refrain was to increase the temprature !
6. The ride at times was a little bumpy at times over rough surfaces - but otherwise very firm. No rolling and pitching felt. Speed was never felt.
7. Overall - Double thumbs up !

The great run only reaffirmed my belief that here is one tough cookie who:

1. Is really suited for the highway and the roughway. City rides are also tackled with finesse.

2. Is economical.

3. Is comfortable and superbly so for the driver and passengers.

4. To my mind doesn't require any more fancy bells and whistles for people who just love driving and are road enthusiasts.

5. Is extremely robust and forgiving.

6. Is kind to the driver and passengers.

7. A simple no nonsense vehicle.

8. Has a great fuel range - Tank capacity a boon for long distances coupled with FE.

9. Has road/Highway presence - No one messes with these looks. And not to forget the driver's looks too !

10. Has superbly tough suspension system for the rough patches.

11. Has a precise steering system.

12. Has super ergonomics for the driver. Everything within reach, everything viewed clear.

The noise in the cabin this time was not much. Wonder why ? Must be that the engine having loosened up wasn't creating much of a racket.
However tyre hum was present.

Perhaps the best quip came from one of the chappies (a Doc) who stated whether they (the Toyota boffins) could find a way to fit in a kitchenette and a porta-loo inside. 'End to end' solution ?
And I almost had to clamp his mouth shut - lest someone hears him ! Why ? Just don't fancy cleaning all that 'crap' as a part of the Sunday morning routine ! Have my hands full as it were...

OT - The MMI Navigator worked superbly on the highways (though not required) and in Bangalore.

Aloha !

Last edited by Guderian : 17th August 2011 at 00:07.
Guderian is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks