Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:00   #1051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

I liked this device to give added capabilities - Amazon.com: GOgroove Flexsmart X2 Advanced Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling Capability for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Electronics

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-51jflijzvxl.jpg

1. Its high quality US product
2. Its a Bluetooth Calling Device for your Android/iphone/any BT Phone
3. Its a FM Transmitter
4. Its a Aux In Player

Video-
Amazon.com : GOgroove FlexSMART X2

@Guderian - Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, but dont you think this is useful for Fortuner owners?

PS -
1. Mount for your device - Amazon.com: Professional Series Universal Vent Mount for HTC / Motorola / Samsung and More - 360 Degree Swivel Head **Includes Micro-USB Phone Charge Cable**: Electronics
2. Similar cheaper but good quality fm transmitter - Amazon.com: Griffin iTrip Universal FM Transmitter and Charger for MP3 Players: Electronics

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd August 2011 at 17:06.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:57   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I liked this device to give added capabilities - Amazon.com: GOgroove Flexsmart X2 Advanced Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling Capability for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Electronics

Attachment 587318

1. Its high quality US product
2. Its a Bluetooth Calling Device for your Android/iphone/any BT Phone
3. Its a FM Transmitter
4. Its a Aux In Player

2. Similar cheaper but good quality fm transmitter - Amazon.com: Griffin iTrip Universal FM Transmitter and Charger for MP3 Players: Electronics
The product looks interesting, and can handle a lot of different applications.
I have the Griifin I-Trip. Nice little device. it's made specially for the IPOD. and sends the FM signal to your HU.
I have been tuning both at 97.7 (channel mdsaab )
Very clear crisp sound without any interference whatsoever.
and it plugs right into the bottom of the ipod, a snug fit.
But it does drain the batteries of your IPOD though.
Have not been using it of late, two reasons for the same.
1. Civic with 6 cd changer.
2. ANHC with the gem of an integrated HU.
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:17   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Have done so. Do let us know the outcome !
Hail General,

It is the Classic Fortuner that won. Expected date of delivery between 11-15th of August. Require your guidance for some PDI points that I have PM'ed you about. Also would like your help to source the Tyre Inflator that you are using after delivery. Your Topic has sold 1 T-Fort for Toyota (ask for your commission)
Now looking for a buyer for my lovely steed Corolla - http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Corolla.html/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
1. Civic with 6 cd changer.
2. ANHC with the gem of an integrated HU.
The T-Fort too has a 6 CD Mp3 in-dash changer. Does the Civic not have Aux-In and USB ports? Surprising omission, if absent...

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd August 2011 at 21:20.
Old 3rd August 2011, 07:46   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Oh sorry my bad,
Civic has a 6 CD changer
as well as a
Aux in port on the V variant.
So yes i do plug in the IPOD into the aux in the Civic at times. but then battery gets drained eventually.
so either you have to plug it into the cigarette lighter. or do without it.
BTW the Civic also has a aux in port behind the stock HU. which can be used as well.
How about the Fortuner? if it has one at the back, a good car electrician can help make that connection available up front.
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:58   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about the Fortuner? if it has one at the back, a good car electrician can help make that connection available up front.
AFAIK they dont exist in the stock unit.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:28   #1056
Senior - BHPian

The broadcaster/producer/director of the TOGO channel is absconding?? General where are you
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:03   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hi HG.
I'm Back!
HG you should have come sir !
Hi Monaro,
Thanks for that wonderful brief !
Yeah should have come but then...
And whatever makes you think that daily driving on Amchi Mumbai's roads are not true and terrible off roading. Some of the roads in Thane can put the Boot Camp tracks to shame. It's a daily test of suspensions and driving skills.

But then I guess they hold it in the last weekend of July - every year. And next year - shall be prepared. By then Admiral would have settled down well and I would be rather familiar with his ways and means too - and just ripe n ready for the camp.

Saw your piece on the other thread - great snaps and description.
If you have any rare snaps - put them up here !
Am still awaiting your ownership thread incidentally.

Quote:
@Guderian/Others -
Just wanted to inquire if anyone has tried any contraption to run USB/Aux In with the stock stereo of the Fortuner like a high quality FM Transmitter or something similar? Just dont want to upgrade the stock stereo as of now and I just need USB/Aux In playback.
Everyone's inputs in this regards will be most appreciated.
Hi dkaile,
Guess you have all the responses you wanted perhaps thanks to Amit and mdsaab...and I have a confession to make - as far as ICE is concerned - I wear a dunce cap. Love music and steeped in it - but system knowledge is limited to a domestic Hi Fi system and thats it...

Quote:
2.I liked this device to give added capabilities...

1. @Guderian - Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, but dont you think this is useful for Fortuner owners ?
Hi dkaile,
1. Oh please go ahead. This thread is for all who contribute. No restrictions ! And please don't feel or be apologetic - ever !

2. Hey ! I have seen that device - I last saw it on Star Trek...Capt Kirk used it to...

Quote:
Hail General,
It is the Classic Fortuner that won. Expected date of delivery between 11-15th of August. Require your guidance for some PDI points that I have PM'ed you about. Also would like your help to source the Tyre Inflator that you are using after delivery.
Hi dkaile,
Congratulations ! And I am glad that you plumped for the Classic T Fort !
If not for anything else at least for my assertion and belief that you are a very sensible chap.
Well done.

Am sending you the PDI list which I had downloaded from this forum. A wonderful list really.
Will chat up too duly.

About the Digital Tyre Inflator - page 13 of this thread has all the details and link to the manufacturer. If you need anything else let me know.

Once again - Bravo Zulu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
The broadcaster/producer/director of the TOGO channel is absconding?? General where are you
Amit - Huh ? You called me sir ?
And where are the rest I ask you...dot, noops et al ?!!

Last edited by Guderian : 3rd August 2011 at 12:22.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:59   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Guderian LOL! yes the roads in Mumbai are very close to off roading.
We were in Mumbai yesterday on some work.
And the Golden Beauty did her first e-way run.
after we were off the e-way we encountered craters that could be the work of some UFO's. Traffic was crawling at a snails pace as a result.

But Monaro, you have me in Envy.
I look forward to the day i own such a beast and am invited to a boot camp.
Way to GO Buddy!

Edit : ah Dot there you are. and your first post after long not on my thread? not fair. have been on the lookout for Dot from long.
America ja ke bhul gaya!?!

Last edited by mdsaab : 3rd August 2011 at 23:15. Reason: Ah Dot, there you are
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:00   #1059
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And where are the rest I ask you...dot, noops et al ?!!
Agree with amit, where is the main perpetrator of the channel?

dot is awake when you guys are sleeping and sleeping when you guys are awake. Oh, I am so ready to come back to Pune. Please keep the TOGO alive, it is a source of sustenance.

Edit: the above may not be true for mdsaab, I see him online 24*7

Last edited by dot : 3rd August 2011 at 23:02.
Old 4th August 2011, 03:11   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Monaro,
1. Thanks for that wonderful brief !

2. By then Admiral would have settled down well and I would be rather familiar with his ways and means too - and just ripe n ready for the camp.

3. Saw your piece on the other thread - great snaps and description.
If you have any rare snaps - put them up here !

4. Am still awaiting your ownership thread incidentally.
HG let me try and answer this your way:

1. You are most welcome sir!
2. Why do you say so? I participated in the camp with my Truck just over 3750 km on the OD - its an April 2011 Purchase. I asked the Toyota guys there about my new Truck and they said its absolutely no problem to muscle out the machine.
3. Well, I dont have any left taken by my camera, but posting a couple of good ones which I have adapted from the Toyota Fortuner's Facebook page.
Also please check out my post further on this thread.
4. Actually have been too lazy But am thinking of starting one soon, specially since GTO & you have insisted.

Quote:
But Monaro, you have me in Envy.
I look forward to the day i own such a beast and am invited to a boot camp.
Way to GO Buddy!
Hey thanks mdsaab.
Its what brings out the 'boys' in us: our Fortunes & the 'toys' to play with
Attached Thumbnails
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-285393_10150252938153650_120821348649_7605646_1821426_n.jpg  

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-281500_10150252940428650_120821348649_7605695_5521373_n.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 4th August 2011 at 03:12.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 04:55   #1061
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Edit : ah Dot there you are. and your first post after long not on my thread? not fair. have been on the lookout for Dot from long.
America ja ke bhul gaya!?!
How can I forget, this is keeping me awake every moment. The hunt is still on, unfortunately. And it is so god damn hot here. Effective temp is over 40C
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-candycanes.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
I participated in the camp with my Truck just over 3750 km on the OD - its an April 2011 Purchase. I asked the Toyota guys there about my new Truck and they said its absolutely no problem to muscle out the machine.
I checked out the thread. Wow, what a nice time it must have been. Did you learn any new driving techniques? Did any vehicle suffer any damages?

Last edited by dot : 4th August 2011 at 05:01.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 13:46   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Did you learn any new driving techniques? Did any vehicle suffer any damages?
Yes indeed. To learn the 'Fortuner way' was the big intention of eager participation in the boot camp.
Before that, I never had a chance to use the differential locks in the car or in the 'when & how to use them' situation.

Here is an excerpt (from post no. 35 ) of a few situations that I learnt through.

In this event, learnt a lot of stuff I didn't know about off-roading.
Discovered a few things the car can do in HL & LL modes! Starting off on the 2nd gear from standstill (in LL mode), to the - "look ma! no feet on the accelerator pedal" - while ascending, & "look ma! no feet on the brake pedal" - while descending technique on that steep 40 degrees gradient, to: drifting that BIG CAR on long slushy corners (that was fun); the T-Fort did it all : in awe-inspiring moments.

Apart from Mud slashing and the muck, the TRUCK did not encounter any damage of sorts.

cheers.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 4th August 2011 at 13:48.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 14:20   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8

Yes indeed. To learn the 'Fortuner way' was the big intention of eager participation in the boot camp.
Before that, I never had a chance to use the differential locks in the car or in the 'when & how to use them' situation.

Here is an excerpt (from post no. 35 ) of a few situations that I learnt through.

In this event, learnt a lot of stuff I didn't know about off-roading.
Discovered a few things the car can do in HL & LL modes! Starting off on the 2nd gear from standstill (in LL mode), to the - "look ma! no feet on the accelerator pedal" - while ascending, & "look ma! no feet on the brake pedal" - while descending technique on that steep 40 degrees gradient, to: drifting that BIG CAR on long slushy corners (that was fun); the T-Fort did it all : in awe-inspiring moments.

Apart from Mud slashing and the muck, the TRUCK did not encounter any damage of sorts.

cheers.
Your look ma no feet reminded me of something.
That i actually have been to a light boot camp before.
It was when the endeavour was launched and i was invited to do a test drive in the nearby bills around Pune.
Had a blast.
There was a trained instructor who guided me extremely well.
This was my first ever off road excursion.
And i remember doing to 40 degree slopes with no feet while going up or down.
That was a true thrill.
And while ascending you could only see the sky and nothing else.
Aah. I am smiling now.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 17:25   #1064
BHPian

Hello Guderian,

I had read your hilarious accounts long back-but had forgotten to comment-partially out of ignorance,being a Newbie-then. Ignorance remains very much still-no much improvement with the change in status,I am afraid, but the understanding of the surroundings has certainly improved.

Just now, when I saw that your thread is going to touch a lakh in no.of visitors,I realized I had not visited you again and extended my words of appreciation- not that they matter much.

Sorry for my delayed post. Henceforth will be a regular visitor.I will try to catch up the missing action in due course.

Congrats for attracting so much of traffic-which illustrates the quality of your thread. I wish you all the well.

Cheers,charthom.
Old 4th August 2011, 17:40   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hello Guderian,

I had read your hilarious accounts long back-but had forgotten to comment-partially out of ignorance,being a Newbie-then. Ignorance remains very much still-no much improvement with the change in status,I am afraid, but the understanding of the surroundings has certainly improved.

Just now, when I saw that your thread is going to touch a lakh in no.of visitors,I realized I had not visited you again and extended my words of appreciation- not that they matter much.

Sorry for my delayed post. Henceforth will be a regular visitor.I will try to catch up the missing action in due course.

Congrats for attracting so much of traffic-which illustrates the quality of your thread. I wish you all the well.

Cheers,charthom.
Great observation charthom buddy.
and Kudos to Guderian sire for maintaining one of the best threads on Team-BHP.
Do keep visiting TOGO channel ~ you will learn a lot, laugh a lot, and ofcourse provide your valuable inputs too.
Or sometimes just sit back and relax while Guderian takes you on an inside journey to parts of the T-Fort you have never seen before.
hmmm... probably many parts we have not seen on our own cars either.
Yours truly
mdsaab
(brand ambassador ~ TOGO Channel on Team-BHP)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks