Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 15:15   #976
Senior - BHPian

Guderian the why you ask was part of the post.
Not actually why are you asking with a ?
LOL!
the post reads chicca is taking it easy these days, why you ask? And then goes on about the ANHC.
The thing is that my parents bought a new city and i am the one enjoying it. They arent complaining though as Chicca is parked at their place.

Love your sense of humour. But little correctionm there.
Its 6 speakers for the music system. And 4 for your two phones combined.
1 each for the handset. And ditto for the loud speakerphone. So all in all. That ups the Admiral to a 10 speaker layout. Way to go!
one second though Toyota is known for their typos and poor spelling.
Remember the orvm blunder you pointed out.
This seems like one more mistake from the same breed.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:57   #977
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
1. Guderian the why you ask was part of the post.
Not actually why are you asking with a ?

the post reads chicca is taking it easy these days, why you ask? And then goes on about the ANHC.

2. Its 6 speakers for the music system. And 4 for your two phones combined. 1 each for the handset.
Yoicks ! And a double yoicks !

1. That would have been perfect if there was a comma in between - to read "Why, you ask ?"
I thought you had missed a 'do'...though you rarely do !

2. I thought a cell phone has only one speaker...as does the Lok Sabha...

Last edited by Guderian : 19th July 2011 at 15:59.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:01   #978
BHPian

@ Guderian:

1. I've got red rear fog lamps for all my other cars except the 'Truck'. Was wondering: did the Toyota guys forget one most important thing (specially required in this season, when its foggy and rainy)?
If they give them on the front, then why the injustice to the rear.
I realized the importance of this during my 400kms day tour to Raigad Killa via Varadha Ghat & back via Tamhini Ghat last sunday. The rains lashing in Konkan area was pretty heavy and the ghats were all foggy.
Thats when situations like these call for the rear reds.

Didn't want the blinkers on (like the famous cab wallahs on Pune-Mumbai Expressway, specially in the tunnels )

2. And yes thanks for the inputs about the off roading capabilities of the T-Fort.
@dkaile

It is a 6 speaker, 6 CD changer system.

@mdsaab: enjoying the new ANHC? Hope Chicca doesnt get offended!

Edit: Pics of Flooded Savitri River, Nira Deoghar Dam in the backdrop of The Truck, Backwaters of the dam & Foggy Varandha Ghat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-miniimag0275.jpg  

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-miniimag0278.jpg  

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-miniimag0281.jpg  

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-miniimag0289.jpg  

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 19th July 2011 at 16:25. Reason: Pics Uploaded
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:08   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
@ Guderian:

1. I've got red rear fog lamps for all my other cars...
2. I realized the importance of this during my 400kms day tour to Raigad Killa via Varadha Ghat & back via Tamhini Ghat last sunday.

3. @mdsaab: enjoying the new ANHC? Hope Chicca doesnt get offended!
Hi Monaro,
1. Funny but none of my previous jalopies had them - Premier Pad (never expected it to have anything !), M800, Zen, Scorpio - none.

2. Errr...you drove in reverse all through ? Ooops.

3. For the ANHC you could say it is Chicca soup for the soul !
Old 19th July 2011, 16:19   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Errr...you drove in reverse all through ? Ooops.
That was hilarious... ROFLMAO. I personally never felt the need for the rear foggies if you have powerful backlights and think its more of a marketing ploy than anything else. The Front ones do have limited utility.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:20   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Monaro,
1. Funny but none of my previous jalopies had them - Premier Pad (never expected it to have anything !), M800, Zen, Scorpio - none.

2. Errr...you drove in reverse all through ? Ooops.
Well, at the end of the day I had a sprained neck from all that driving in the reverse direction

But seriously, the rear red fogs are for high rear ended visibility for traffic from behind.

And Saar, I've taken the liberty to upload a few pics from my trip to the Konkans to illustrate the driving conditions, If u dont mind

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 19th July 2011 at 16:26.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:41   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8
@mdsaab: enjoying the new ANHC? Hope Chicca doesnt get offended!

Edit: Pics of Flooded Savitri River, Nira Deoghar Dam in the backdrop of The Truck, Backwaters of the dam & Foggy Varandha Ghat.
Beautiful pics there. Varandha ghat i have heard is a toughie, and must have been doubly hard in the rains. Surely i feel rear fogs are worth it in such tough conditions. Must have been really foggy up there.

Guderian hilarious as ever. Ok one speaker at a time then
Had a long talk with Chicca and she was happy to get some much needed rest. Especially in the current Pune weather. Chicca soup for the soul indeed.

Last edited by mdsaab : 19th July 2011 at 16:46.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:43   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I personally never felt the need for the rear foggies if you have powerful backlights and think its more of a marketing ploy than anything else. The Front ones do have limited utility.
Hi dkaile,
Agree totally. And in the TFort I find the 'reverse lights' quite powerful in pitch dark conditions with decent throw.
In fact other than after market fitments I have not seen yet a OE rear foglight fitment - or rather never noticed them. Must keep a lookout for one - what makes have them ?

Quote:
1. Well, at the end of the day I had a sprained neck from all that driving in the reverse direction

2. And Saar, I've taken the liberty to upload a few pics from my trip to the Konkans to illustrate the driving conditions, If u dont mind
Hi Monaro,
1. Good one. Love the spirit.

2. Thanks for those snaps and you are invited saheb - to post as many as you want. Or rather it'd be better if you post more. Love the grey colour of your TFort and wanted to actually get that shade - but the pain of maintaining it in Mumbai made me go in for the lazy man's colour - Silver.

Those snaps are truly delectable. Shows the conditions the TFort feels most at home in - even without a pair of rear fog lamps !

Sitting here in the office and seeing those snaps makes one yearn for a long, long drive into the mists and a rain squall in the mountains...
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 16:50   #984
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Errr...you drove in reverse all through ? Ooops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
That was hilarious.
Quote:
Well, at the end of the day I had a sprained neck from all that driving in the reverse direction
I am not sure this is OT or not but here is something interesting. Dont forget to check the video.

Backwards Indian cab driver becomes local celebrity 'by driving everywhere in reverse' - Telegraph
Old 19th July 2011, 16:53   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few makes have them.
The bmw x1 just noticed the other day. As some bugger had them on within the city.
Mitsu outlander if i am not mistaken.
Among the more mortal cars.
some of the wagon r, some of the swifts. The ANHV too i believe. On the ANHC they are available as an optional accessory
Old 19th July 2011, 17:20   #986
BHPian

They have them on the Safari too!

Hey mdsaab, are u watching the pune tapri meet thread ? The guys are meeting this Thursday.
U should come.

@Guderian saab,
That was one good drive. Refreshed for the week ahead.
Thanks for the space.
Cheers.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 19th July 2011 at 17:25.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:25   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8
They have them on the Safari too!

Hey mdsaab, are u watching the pune tapri meet thread ? The guys are meeting this Thursday.
U should come.
Would love to. Promise to be there if possible.
Been really busy what with the sheikh in town, and some Canadian delegates too.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:40   #988
Senior - BHPian

Jai also have them - the rear fog lights. The fog lamps are red and brighter than the tail lamps - they are located on RHS of Jai. Rear foggies are a warning to those who drives behind you so that they don't rear end you.

Last edited by theexperthand : 19th July 2011 at 17:45.
Old 19th July 2011, 17:58   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While on the topic of rear lights the funny part is my Vista has the button for the lights but nothing at the rear to light up.

General - I report back to duty after absconding from the TOGO channel for a while.

@Monaro - The snap of the truck is awesome. Love that color.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 18:20   #990
Senior - BHPian

Monaro. lovely pictures! Must have been great driving the Fortuner in the rain. I am sure EXAMM would have been great, but I feel that in some of the trails, you would have ended having nicks and bashes on your vehicle. Also, one would need to use MT tyres to exploit the vehicle fully - our ATs wouldn't have been all that useful.

Regarding rear fogs: during heavy rain/fog one needs to drive carefully and slowly, and I feel almost all vehicles have enough illumination (leaving aside those who have non-working lights) at the back for one to see them in time and take necessary actions. Perhaps when I see 'with rear fog' and 'without rear fog' side by side, I will have better perspective. I once drove through very heavy fog + subsequent rain from Lonavla to Mumbai at midnight - I was following another vehicle - Sumo I think - at safe distance, just at the edge of visibility - and it wasn't very difficult to maintain a steady speed and cruise on the Expressway.

Do you think the rear fogs would have made significant different over the standard tail lamps? And do you know of any aftermarket rear fogs for the Toyotas?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 19th July 2011 at 18:31.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks