Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2011, 19:53   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

sure thing @amitwlele
it's Tapia Enterprises
Just below vijay sales Hadapsar
you can reach them at 26821132
ask for Sohail Tapia (owner) / Joseph (manager)
hope you get them Bosch wipers soon.

@Guderian hilarious as always. I need to concentrate on the civic rear ended thread, but just can't stop popping over at TOGO.

Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 20:20   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
@Guderian hilarious as always. I need to concentrate on the civic rear ended thread, but just can't stop popping over at TOGO.
Drive Safe!
OT:
Hey ! What do you mean popping over ? You guys here are the permanent Directors and Co-Founders of this channel and you make such morale damaging statements in public ? You chaps are supposed to be taking full responsibility of this channel (heven't you heard of Directors' liabilities) instead of 'popping' over !
I know lots of Directors and officials of other channels are currently gracing the cells of Tihar correctional facility (theek hai bhai - jail bolo !) - is that what is bothering you ? Even then !

Last edited by Guderian : 4th June 2011 at 20:21.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:20   #723
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

Ceramic coated ?!! Not clear. What does that do ?
Himmel! I cant remember where I saw this bit of information. Most likely on a flyer at a Honda customer service lounge.

Searching the net did'nt reveal anything except oxide or other non-metallic particles on wiper blades can reduce abrasion and friction.
Old 4th June 2011, 22:34   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Himmel! I cant remember where I saw this bit of information. Most likely on a flyer at a Honda customer service lounge.

Searching the net did'nt reveal anything except oxide or other non-metallic particles on wiper blades can reduce abrasion and friction.
Hi dot, That explains as to why the Bosch site mentions that their wipers are coated with graphite. For long life through reduced abrasion and friction - no wonder streaking (of the wiper I mean) etc in their product occurs at late stages of its life as explained by mdsaab.
So what else is news ? How is Scorpo behaving of late ?
Old 4th June 2011, 23:26   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of tears ago, sorry, years ago - I had written to them regarding the Aerotwins - seeking details and costs etc for the Scorp. I am still awaiting their response. Meanwhile I sold the Scorp and the response, which I am expecting anytime now, may not be all that useful or timely is what I suspect !
Now this is really disappointing. I wonder why is that the Indian counterparts of the phoren brands are so bad in their responses. Already had one experience with 3M when i was trying to get the details of the car detailing services in Pune and now this experience of yours with Bosch.

Was at the FNAM (as referred to on the TOGO channel ) in evening today. Checked with him about the Bosch wipers. Now this is one of the better guys in Pune with quite a lot of endorsments here on T-BHP. He suggested that he does not stock Bosch because he has an equivalent product from China (or was it Taiwan) which is about half the price of Bosch. He has been using it for 3 years now without any problems. Now this is one option which i am willing to try.
Old 5th June 2011, 00:15   #726
Senior - BHPian

@amitwlele
I may be wrong here. But in most cases you get what you pay for.
Bosch without doubt is a superior product and one i would lay my money on.

@Guderian
Point noted. i guess we are the co-pilots up there while you steer this wonderful thread through journey's we have never seen before on Team-BHP!
Hope to learn something on the way, and mostly do. and eventually turn into wingmen adding a few more feathers into Team-BHP's cap.

Steer Spectacular!
Steer Safe!
Old 5th June 2011, 07:56   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Was at the FNAM (as referred to on the TOGO channel ) in evening today. Checked with him about the Bosch wipers. Now this is one of the better guys in Pune with quite a lot of endorsments here on T-BHP. He suggested that he does not stock Bosch because he has an equivalent product from China (or was it Taiwan) which is about half the price of Bosch. He has been using it for 3 years now without any problems. Now this is one option which i am willing to try.
Was it Poona motors ? I went there to ask for Bosch Wipers, he said he has a imported product which is more or less equivalent. I was not able to find any dealer information on BOSCH wipers, so had to go with what poona motors offered. I purchased a set of wipers for my swift @ Rs 600. These are obviously better than the stock wipers, no noise what so ever. But I cannot comment on the comparison with BOSCH.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:18   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@amitwlele
I may be wrong here. But in most cases you get what you pay for.
@mdsaab - I am totally in agreement with you here. Hence was searching for information on Bosch and its availability. The problem is not many people stock it. I stay in Kothrud and i guess would have to travel all the way Hadapsar to get a set of wipers. Hence was thinking of the other option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Was it Poona motors ? I went there to ask for Bosch Wipers, he said he has a imported product which is more or less equivalent. I was not able to find any dealer information on BOSCH wipers, so had to go with what poona motors offered. I purchased a set of wipers for my swift @ Rs 600. These are obviously better than the stock wipers, no noise what so ever. But I cannot comment on the comparison with BOSCH.
No it was Phadke Car Interiors in Kothrud.
Old 5th June 2011, 09:55   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stay in Kothrud and i guess would have to travel all the way Hadapsar to get a set of wipers.
I had bought Bosch wipers for my Palio from Kotkar Automobiles on Karve Rd (this is a Bosch Service Centre). Another option is Waterloo Motors, who is a Bosch dealer, at the start of Tilak Rd (on the Alka Talkies side). You can get contact details for both these establishments on Justdial. Just call them up and ask if they have a set for your car.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 10:12   #730
Senior - BHPian

And there you go.
A closer option that stocks Bosch.
Looks like even the rain gods are pressing for Bosch wipers this time round.
Old 5th June 2011, 11:48   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

What OE wipers do Jap cars come with?

Mine are Bosch! Perks of having a German car I guess!
Old 5th June 2011, 12:43   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Now this is really disappointing. I wonder why is that the Indian counterparts of the phoren brands are so bad in their responses. Already had one experience with 3M when i was trying to get the details of the car detailing services in Pune and now this experience of yours with Bosch.

2. Was at the FNAM (as referred to on the TOGO channel ) in evening today. Checked with him about the Bosch wipers. Now this is one of the better guys in Pune with quite a lot of endorsments here on T-BHP. He suggested that he does not stock Bosch because he has an equivalent product from China (or was it Taiwan) which is about half the price of Bosch. He has been using it for 3 years now without any problems. Now this is one option which i am willing to try.
1. Such is life. We are like that wonly.
2. Not jingoism ol anything. Wouldn't evel go in for a Chinese ploduct. No evah - evah ! Had a gleat implession about Chinese ploducts yeals ago thanks to Chinese fountain pens (School and latel - oh yes, I am an avid fountain pen collectol !). But latel thanks to a selies of Chinese ploduct disastels I have swoln off them. Once had a Chinese wlench disinteglated in my hands. Almost hult me badly.
Rathel buy a good solid Indian ploduct.

Quote:
@amitwlele
1. I may be wrong here. But in most cases you get what you pay for.

2. @Guderian
Point noted.
1. I fully endorse this approach mdsaab.

2. Thank you sir. Appreciate your presence on board !

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What OE wipers do Jap cars come with?

Mine are Bosch! Perks of having a German car I guess!
Couldn't make out as yet - but I think it could be a Bosch on the TFort. Shall check thoroughly and report.

Last edited by Guderian : 5th June 2011 at 12:45.
Old 5th June 2011, 21:34   #733
Senior - BHPian

Vignettes from Sunday Cleaning & a Great Evening June 6, 2011

Sunday cleaning and checking.

No surprises today except that monsoons are here and cleaning in this season is bothersome, as one can't roll out the Admiral from his bay for the fear of rains coming down in a flash without warning. Focussed less on engine bay cleaning only checked the vitals and went around the vehicle cabin checking and cleaning.

Shall we allow the photos to do all the talking ?

Work in Progress...Kaam Chalu Ahe...
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-1.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-2.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-21.jpg

The Admiral with the stern hatch open:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-3.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-4.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-5.jpg

Couple of the rubber and plastic dampers on the hatch - which keeps it totally rattle free:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-41.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-42.jpg

And did I mention about the uncanny connection Admiral has with the number 27 ? Date of delivery etc etc ? And yes, his parking bay is also numbered 27 !
Name:  10.JPG
Views: 838
Size:  243.7 KB

Stanley ka Dabba...don't believe me have a look - the tail lamp unit !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-9.jpg

Photographs of the things I don't like...cont'd !
Chrome, chrome and chrome:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-11.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-12.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-121.jpg

The cumbersome aperture through which the assembled tommy has to be inserted and rotated to bring down the stepney:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-6.jpg

The tommy has to snag this hook and rotate:
Name:  7.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  146.8 KB
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-8.jpg

Faux wood:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-13.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-14.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-15.jpg

But then as Professor Higgin's sang in My Fair Lady...I've grown accustomed to her face...and I may be getting to like the things I dislike !

And the evening.

Surprise of surprises...had a quick mini TBHP meet at Thane a few moments ago.

Started when Kaiserketkar of Pune phoned in to say that he was driving past Thane in the evening (today is his birthday) and checked as to whether we could meet up. Meet up ? Soon all of us...HVK (HV Kumar an old chum who stays next door ), Kaiserketkar , his LoH and lil' Miss Ketkar -Asmi meet up at Cafe Coffee Dat at Vasant Vihar, Thane. Short, sweet meet.

Nice meeting up birthday boy Kaiser. He looked and behaved like a new born alright ! Had coffee but with lots and lots of milk and cried loudly when HVK asked him to cut down on sugar !

Some snaps here.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-16.jpg

The first vehicle in the line up of vehicles is a VW Touareg. I suspect HVK is scouting around for a new ride and so may be trying it out among other vehicles ! Just kidding (or am I ?)- not sure whose ride that was - but it sure added to the might of the line up.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-17.jpg

Three mighty beasts:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-18.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-19.jpg

The line up:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-20.jpg
L-R: Asmi, Kaiserketkar, HVK, Yours Truly.

Time to depart
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-21.jpg

Perfect Sunday evening !

Last edited by Guderian : 5th June 2011 at 21:45.
Old 5th June 2011, 21:51   #734
Senior - BHPian

^ Nice photos
Observation-
- The faux wood shade on the upcoming corolla is really nice ; much darker; this one's is nearly the same as my corolla - plasticky
- Too much chrome? more the merrier...
- The stepney retrieval system is the same as on the qualis
- do you really think the side body cladding is that important?

Last edited by dkaile : 5th June 2011 at 22:17.
Old 5th June 2011, 22:19   #735
BHPian

Good Evening General (Attack!),

I do not want to bore you and followers of your channel by saying how good and unique you are in sharing regular update of your ride.

So, in short -

1. 4th last pic in your latest post - nice capture, I wonder even with these superb and intimidating rides, those three "Man's best friends" are required to provide security to these vehicles ?

Quote:
Hi AvonA7,
2. But I am Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, Iron Cross, Commander Panzergruppe and the architect of blitzkrieg. Ahhh...if you do want to see the snaps of Admiral Togo you could go to my TBHP Garage !
2. Thanks, I have seen those pics and read few paragraph about the general. It may sound a bit off-topic (again!, you see, I have to think twice before posting anything in your fantastic ownership thread so that I don't get infractions, still taking the risk!) it reminds me, couple of my favorite movies - Where Eagles Dare and Operation Day Break (though not directly related to the general but related to the consequences, somewhat)

BTW, today it rained heavily in Pune and I was driving that time with very minimum visibility (11:30am - 12:30pm), and for around 02kms I was sandwiched by 2 Fortuners, white one in front and I was enjoying the black one on my orvms. One funny thing with these vehicles, especially in-front is - my avg. speed increases, because the auto-wallas and cabs gives way easily and one need to just follow the brig-bro

Last edited by AvonA7 : 5th June 2011 at 22:43. Reason: edit
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks