Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 12:18   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
General i was referring to the Pen marks at different places. For example in your latest post you have shown the Blue pen marks. And if i remember correctly there were other color marks as well on the engine (don't remember the exact locations). I am assuming these are the marks being put while doing the assembly in the plant??
Oh - that !
Did check - was told that that served a few purposes one of them being to visually check whether the fasteners/tubes/hoses/other components were holding tight or had moved from their original points after the QC run of the vehicle in the plant which would also indicate whether the same were torqued to the appropriate levels or not, and 'not' - would be shown if the line marks appear disjointed. Would also help at the point of dealer PDI.

Not sure whether this is the right reason.Cause there are a few places where the marks are present on non fastener/ shiftable components also - like marks on the coolant bottle. May be to gauge coolant level after trials ?
But then this sound logical though.

Last edited by Guderian : 16th May 2011 at 12:19.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 14:20   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Nilesh, You seemed to have gone from one to the other city - both of which I hold close to my heart ! Bangalore is the city I grew up in (and keep going back to) and the late nights and drives around there are also fabulous. Remember my school and college days. And the late night drives dropping off friends one by one around the town after late night returns from day picnics/drives to Mysore/Nandis/etc.
And Mumbai - yes this place is a charmer too in every sense of the word. Whether by day or night.
Yes, of course. Bangalore is growing on me slowly, though I still am attached to Mumbai. What I like about Bangalore is the better roads (at least in the areas I frequent) and the friendlier policemen (Pandus in amchi Mumbai are out to loot you right up to the undergarments) but absolutely hate the traffic. Mumbai traffic feels so much more cultured. Now I am going to stop here, or namma Bangaloreans will jump on me!
nileshch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 16:37   #588
Senior - BHPian

@G - I see that there is a lot of debate & discussion wrt "correct age" these days. Here it is you & there it is the Chief of Army Staff debating the same issue. I think the armed forces ought to be stricter at the grass root levels itself !!

Hope it will not effect your promotion/s as adversely as the General's retirement !!

Cheers
Old 16th May 2011, 23:14   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Now I am going to stop here, or namma Bangaloreans will jump on me!
Now that is a capital idea if I ever saw one ! Good. As they say discretion is the better part of valour.
Why only namma Bangaloreans ? Talk ill of either of my fave Indian cities and...I'll buy you a cuppa coffee to discuss things over and take you to the nearest shrink - all expenses paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@G - I see that there is a lot of debate & discussion wrt "correct age" these days. Here it is you & there it is the Chief of Army Staff debating the same issue. I think the armed forces ought to be stricter at the grass root levels itself !!

Hope it will not effect your promotion/s as adversely as the General's retirement !!
Cheers
Ha ha - good one Ricky.
And we were discussing more about the age of ageing than ageing of age. Once you've figured that out then the elixir of youth is within your grasping range !
Old 16th May 2011, 23:29   #590
Senior - BHPian

Hey General - I am taking the liberty to pose a quick query on your thread. I hope it is fine with you.

Today did the wheel balancing and alignment for the tyres. When the front wheels were removed i notices some rusting. Is this normal or something to be worried about? Views from the broadcaster and viewers of ToGo channel invited Snaps below:

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-img00049.jpg

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-img00050.jpg
Old 16th May 2011, 23:43   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey General - I am taking the liberty to pose a quick query on your thread. I hope it is fine with you.

Today did the wheel balancing and alignment for the tyres. When the front wheels were removed i notices some rusting. Is this normal or something to be worried about? Views from the broadcaster and viewers of ToGo channel invited Snaps below:
Hey Amit, Post whatever you feel like here - no issues.

Whatever I have seen from the snaps is quite normal. Nothing to be worried about. The rear wheel drums, the front wheel disc components and holders/hubs etc look very rusted in most of the vehicles.
And have a look at the engine block of most of the vehicles - very, very rusted. Gives them a macho look. And owners a heart attack, initially !

Though you must positively do something about that rusty mobile/cell phone camera of yours. Carry a DSC with you !

Last edited by Guderian : 16th May 2011 at 23:49.
Old 17th May 2011, 07:45   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Whatever I have seen from the snaps is quite normal. Nothing to be worried about.

2. Gives them a macho look. And owners a heart attack, initially !

3. Though you must positively do something about that rusty mobile/cell phone camera of yours. Carry a DSC with you !
1. Thanks General for the clarification.

2. Not sure about the macho look but it sure gave me a heart attack though a very mild one

3. You bet. I better ask my employer to provide me with a new BB with better camera. The existing one is no good.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 09:33   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You bet. I better ask my employer to provide me with a new BB with better camera. The existing one is no good.
That is indeed a very sensible thought.
After all employers should aid in their employees taking up to extra-curricular/co-curricular activities especially during office hours.
Dream on my friend !

PS: Will try and put up some snaps of the Admiral's engine block and brake components on the weekend.

Last edited by Guderian : 17th May 2011 at 09:38.
Old 17th May 2011, 10:26   #594
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha - good one Ricky.
And we were discussing more about the age of ageing than ageing of age. Once you've figured that out then the elixir of youth is within your grasping range !

You seem to have an answer for everything don't you ? Well I for one think that this is the age of ageing. Going by the lifestyles today. One sees grey haired 20-30 year olds. Nothing wrong with that - just an observation

Cheers
Old 17th May 2011, 15:07   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
You seem to have an answer for everything don't you ?
Cheers
Ha ha !
Well, there are times when even I do not have answers.
That happens generally when nobody has a question. That's right - why have an answer when nobody has a Q !
Old 17th May 2011, 16:13   #596
BHPian

Quite some progress out here since I was away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ zappex, you wont believe it but I intend to name my thread " How to train your Dragon- Maximizing, Your Scorpio"
Of course, it is my injured left foot that got me thinking about the name, and not the car in Particular.
Hey! Interesting name. Eagerly awaiting your ownership report and good luck with that injury.

Quote:
But yeah I can only imagine what the whispers behind my back are, and they wouldn't be very far from truth - "Pagal" "Works in a high end Taxi company, perhaps ", "May be doesn't get along with his wife", "Is he a Parsi ?" etc etc.
Heh Heh nice analysis on what neighbors call you! I can very much relate to how people see enthusiasts. Believe it or not: Many including one of my friend doubted my 'sanity' when I was clicking pictures of the T-Aria from all angles for the Ownership review!

Quote:
Easy my friend...
I hope that was in jest. At least my jibe was !
Got your point; Will be careful in future.

Quote:
Ahh - that explains it. The grill on the MHaHa is quite a monstrosity. One of the minor factors which prevented me from seriously pursuing the 4X4 Scorp again.
Well monstrosity or not. It is one of the biggest differentiating factors that separates the mHaHa's from the older tougher Scorps!

Quote:
Says who ? Aww c'mon ! All of us have a child inside us waiting to get out. In fact my wife and kid keep asking me as to when would I grow up.
Yeah we do, Somehow I am not surprised to know that your family wants you to grow up!

Quote:
(Yeah, yeah I know Zap what you thinking - that's right I got married when I was right in the cradle !)
That thought did not even near me. But now that you mention it; It is worth a thought. So general stop 'cradling' your age!

Quote:
There is quite a eerie, mystical touch to the streets - early morning.
Perfect description, I have done a few such trips before I had the T-Aria. Looks like will have to do some more!

Quote:
Well what's an automobile if there are no associated emotions or doesn't evoke a passion of/on owning it ?
Very very true.

Quote:
Its getting difficult to figure you out. A figured out age as an 'Elixir'! So that is what you posses, eh general?

Quote:
Well, there are times when even I do not have answers.
That happens generally when nobody has a question. That's right - why have an answer when nobody has a Q !
Cant argue with you on that one!
Old 17th May 2011, 17:37   #597
Senior - BHPian

This response is totally OT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Quite some progress out here since I was away!
Oh you bet. Welcome back...
Quote:
Heh Heh nice analysis on what neighbors call you! I can very much relate to how people see enthusiasts. Believe it or not: Many including one of my friend doubted my 'sanity' when I was clicking pictures of the T-Aria from all angles for the Ownership review!
Well keeping in mind the fact that this is a family/kids channel - it was only the politer versions of the analysis that I reproduced here - there could be a few impolite/vulgar - barbs/assessments thrown in as well. The best of which could be reserved for when I crawl under the vehicle to check certain things or clean or take a snap or two. High GC so can do it very easily you see !

Quote:
Got your point; Will be careful in future.
Still puzzled - careful about what or whom. There is no need to be ! This is a kids channel you see ?!!

Quote:
Well monstrosity or not. It is one of the biggest differentiating factors that separates the mHaHa's from the older tougher Scorps!
Well if this was an attempt at differentiation (lookswise) and therefore a symbol of modernity then I would say lets get ourselves bombed back to stone ages.

Quote:
Yeah we do, Somehow I am not surprised to know that your family wants you to grow up!
Why not 'surprised' sir ?

Well I was surprised as I realised that they harboured hopes for a change even now after so many years (yeah right from the cradle days - of mine and the offspring's !) of living together !

Quote:
So general stop 'cradling' your age!
No,no I was just rocking the cradle so that no one is left with a wrong impression !

Quote:
Perfect description, I have done a few such trips before I had the T-Aria. Looks like will have to do some more!
Hey ! That gives me an idea. Let's meet up somewhere in Mumbai for an early morning patrol. Real early morning. And then Toothless and Admiral can trawl the streets of Mumbai till our/their hearts content till dawn. Breakfast and we can split !
Does that sound like a plan ? How about on one of the Saturdays - early morning rendezvous ? Let's pick this up on the PMs.
This way we can do a comparision of the two vehicles as well as bring down the crime rate in the city !

Quote:
Its getting difficult to figure you out. A figured out age as an 'Elixir'! So that is what you posses, eh general?
Say...want a bottle of the Elixir ?

Quote:
Cant argue with you on that one!
I agree !
Old 17th May 2011, 23:41   #598
dot
Senior - BHPian

Was away, missed lots of action on TBHP and this thread, had to do lots of catching up.
Loved the night/early morning crawling shots.

Quote:
What are we talking about? There are quite a few things in my grasping range and definitely they are elixir of youth.

Last edited by dot : 17th May 2011 at 23:43.
Old 18th May 2011, 05:02   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Oh you bet. Welcome back...
Thanks, nothing feels like home. Even though I am far away from it. Physically at least!

Quote:
Still puzzled - careful about what or whom. There is no need to be ! This is a kids channel you see ?!!
Ok, then let the Jibe and Jest...'just be'.

Quote:
Well if this was an attempt at differentiation (lookswise) and therefore a symbol of modernity then I would say lets get ourselves bombed back to stone ages.
Stone age is not far way given the quality depreciation of automobiles. Just read a report on another of the mHaHa failing:

Linky: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html

Admiral seems to be the benchmark in quality, And so far Toothless is not far behind!

Quote:
Why not 'surprised' sir ?
Well General, given the fact that you age so slow. It did not surprise me to know; that every one around you must be wanting you to grow!

Anyways lets end our age miff before we get into a tiff!

Quote:
Hey ! That gives me an idea. Let's meet up somewhere in Mumbai for an early morning patrol. Real early morning. And then Toothless and Admiral can trawl the streets of Mumbai till our/their hearts content till dawn. Breakfast and we can split !

Does that sound like a plan ? How about on one of the Saturdays - early morning rendezvous ? Let's pick this up on the PMs.
Brilliant idea! Say, how do you come you with such stuff? That said I am currently off the dock (I'm in Pune). Hopefully will be back by Saturday.

EDIT: Got the PM, Will revert once I'm back.

Quote:
This way we can do a comparision of the two vehicles as well as bring down the crime rate in the city !
Crime rate eh? The meet seems interesting already!

Quote:
Say...want a bottle of the Elixir ?
Err..I don't think I need one now, Why don't you figure it out a bit more before I try it?

PS: Lets not go OT now; unless...

Until then,

Zap

Last edited by Zappex : 18th May 2011 at 05:04.
Old 18th May 2011, 08:35   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Parsh, That is indeed delightful - and about time too. Perhaps that 'Learn English in 30 Days' booklet did reach them with the compliments of T-BHP !
Say now...only one question remains - is Toyota staring at a worldwide recall of all vehicles to replace all these mirrors with wrong English grammar ?
Like that sticky accelerator recall ?
I wonder so. Ain't this quite a thing for recall for all those mis-guided drivers all these years who have been brainwashed with frequent looks into those ORVMs? IMO it would be quite the apt thing to do by the great Toyota to reinstate what was once brainwashed. I for one will have my 6 year itch finally come to rest. I am sure Admiral would be even prouder to let go of the Toyota'ian (Indian) legacy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks