Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 11:40   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
1. Greetings General!

2. Dear Sir, (Or should I say respected sir because of our age difference!)

3. I have been following Admiral since quite some time (On your thread I mean). Did not get the time to participate earlier but have thoroughly enjoyed your delightful posts.

3a. Good to see 'Admiral' performing 'Admirably' and the fact that he is in good hands. (Or is it the other way round?)

4. Its funny that we both stay in the same city and have not been able to meet up! That said; I have met many Rif-Rafs on the road still have a subtle desire to meet Admiral!

5. I owned the MHaHa at one point (which was stolen).

6. A thought: I hope I have not made wrong assumptions about your character!

7. A request: Please don't make wrong assumptions about my Intentions of meeting Admiral!

Cheers,
Zappex
1. Hey Zappex, Welcome to these parts and thanks for dropping by...

2. Good heavens - age difference - yes, I am quite concerned about it, as you are one full year elder to me.
And I keep wondering now as to how it would feel once one gets to be 19...just a year to go for me...hurrah !

3. Thanks for the kind words. I am glad that you are enjoying the posts here.

3a. You got that right ! I am in the safe hands of Admiral Togo.

4. Let's keep a lookout for each other on the roads of Amchi Mumbai - would love to meet up with you sometime - will nevertheless PM my contact number to you. And I am sure Admiral would be delighted to meet you as well.

5. Sorry to have read that really. Empathise with you - feel the pain of a fellow auto lover and that too a vehicle full of character like the Scorpio ! All I can say is that I have quite a few friends who have had their Scorpios stolen - and one can only feel extremely sad, furious and murderous, all at once, at the very thought of the act.
Have been reading your thread (and had left a post there) on the T-Aria and I hope you have gotten over your anguish.

6. Well Zap - that's for you to conclude, after we catch up sometime !

7. Ahhh...well Admiral is old and tough enough to take care of himself. But he certainly can recognise a gentleman a mile away and I am sure he'll be delighted to meet you.

Adios !

Last edited by Guderian : 14th May 2011 at 11:41.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:56   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Good heavens - age difference - yes, I am quite concerned about it, as you are one full year elder to me. And I keep wondering now as to how it would feel once one gets to be 19...just a year to go for me...hurrah !
Ahh, 18 you are! The age part is only what we make out of it, a real truth that is! I always doubted your age (At heart or whatever!) thanks for clearing that up. No more hesitation! Just for the records: I'll be turning 19 next month. That makes us even!

Quote:
Let's keep a lookout for each other on the roads of Amchi Mumbai - would love to meet up with you sometime - will nevertheless PM my contact number to you.
Believe it or not: Since the first time I saw your thread I have been looking out for Admiral. No luck so far only met some Rif-Raf T-forts.

EDIT: Got the PM.

Quote:
Have been reading your thread (and had left a post there) on the T-Aria and I hope you have gotten over your anguish.
Yup, I have gotten over it. That is precisely why I refer to my Scorp as the mHaHa these days. About the thread: I left you a reply there. Do check that out. And thanks for contributing.

Quote:
Well Zap - that's for you to conclude, after we catch up sometime !
Firstly, Lets conclude on meeting each other!

Quote:
Admiral is old and tough enough to take care of himself. But he certainly can recognise a gentleman a mile away and I am sure he'll be delighted to meet you.
Toothless (My T-Aria) is one gritty guy who keeps fighting the 'T' badge and niggles! He would love to meet you.

Last edited by Zappex : 14th May 2011 at 12:04. Reason: Addition
Old 14th May 2011, 14:04   #573
Senior - BHPian

Dawn Patrol ! May 14, 2011.

Oh yes. I was back to what I like doing best. Patrolling the empty streets of Mumbai at a very sedate speed.

So, at the same time. Same spot. Yes, a raid was on at the DPM (Dadar 'Phool' Market).

So what else can I do but enjoy the delightful ride and capture some street scenes. Oh yes, I certainly love the streets of Mumbai. Empty or otherwise. Or else it could be sheer frustration that I can't go to the wilds as often as I would like to and hence tear into the streets of Mumbai.
As often as a certain owner of a TFort called Bison.
But then humpfff ! Others can't trawl the streets of Mumbai like how I can with Admiral. So there !
And there is wildlife on the streets of Mumbai as well.

But then I digress. Let the hard work of Louis Daguerre's box do all the talking.

Looking towards the Airoli bridge atop the Mulund flyover:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-1.jpg

Admiral Togo moored at the same spot at Dadar.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-2.jpg
Repetitive and boring. Aiming to loose the eyeballs on this thread ?
Sorry...will get on to a different subject !

Suddenly noticed something I haven't noticed all these days, just behind the Admiral's mooring spot:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-3.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-4.jpg

An old Jain temple, with a rather ornate entrance:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-5.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-6.jpg

These two doormen didn't look very peace loving what with their handlebar moustaches, swords and rifles to boot ! And outside a Jain temple ?!!
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-7.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-8.jpg

An ornate balcony. Couldn't find Rapuznel or Juliet there and here I was - all ready to serenade:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-82.jpg

Strange as it seems or looks. Even Mumbai has empty roads. At times:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-9.jpg

And I love the consistency and the chronometer driven folks here. At precisely the same time, as during the last few visits, the Ice Man arrived:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-10.jpg

Shots across the bow and stern:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-11.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-12.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-14.jpg

A city that never sleeps ?
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-13.jpg

Another unique religious structure:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-15.jpg
This is a place where people of the Hindu, Christian and Islamic persuasions pray under one roof ! Unique huh ?

The Hindu section:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-16.jpg

For the Christians:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-17.jpg

The Muslim wing:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-18.jpg

Meanwhile nearby a mendicant cleans his shop floor and gets ready to open up for business !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-19.jpg

Business is booming as I see patrons coming out from the market. Today seemed to be an auspicious day of some kind as believers were carting (or taxi-ing !) away huge quantities of Banana trunks/stems/trees and leaves etc:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-20.jpg

The LoH too came back muttering under her breath about the high rates her regular vendors were quoting because of the heavy demand for floral tears (!) from hotels and marriage venues etc as a large number of couples were getting hitched today. Poor chaps. The guys just don't know what awaits them in their lives ahead. Get the meaning of floral tears ?!!:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-21.jpg

Meanwhile the other denizens of the city too slowly wake up:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-22.jpg

And we move on.

Back to base. Not before a quick sippa magic potion at the same spot at Sion (Admiral returned an average of 12.20 KMPL this time):
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-23.jpg
And this time seeing the LoH (whom they know too) the bunker boys there demanded again rather vociferously for mithai. Nai gaadi ke liye. I am to take 3 boxes for them next time I bunker Admiral from there. For 3 shifts of employees. The LoH heard and accepted the demand. And asked me to do so during the next visit.
She quite reminds me of the PMO. Which collects all the grievance petitions and asks the concerned ministries to 'do the needful'.

Once again on Mulund bridge. But this time darkness is dispelled by the Sun God !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-24.jpg

Driving back, what really made our day was spotting our old ride.
Guderian, the Scorp standing in the neighbouring colony ! It was such a pleasure meeting him. And to note that he still looked very resplendent and that the new owner was taking good care of him. Thank God my FNCB (Friendly Neighbourhood Car Broker) sold it next door to a good chap !
I certainly have a nose in the air. How many people can be so fortunate ? To frequently spot your beloved old ride somewhere nearby and know that it is being attended to well !
Name:  25.JPG
Views: 959
Size:  234.0 KB

Admiral gave Guderian a friendly grunt and we moved on.

Last edited by Guderian : 14th May 2011 at 14:28.
Old 14th May 2011, 15:28   #574
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures, Guderian. Brings back fond memories of Mumbai late nights and early mornings...e.g. returning back home after an all-nighter, or cabbing to the airport to catch an early morning flight. Can feel that unique smell of Mumbai through your pictures. Thanks.

Regarding the Admiral meeting the General: glad it wasn't like the ex meeting the current. One more point to add on that 'why automobiles are better than women' poster.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 14th May 2011 at 15:29.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:18   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Nice pictures, Guderian. Brings back fond memories of Mumbai late nights and early mornings...e.g. returning back home after an all-nighter, or cabbing to the airport to catch an early morning flight. Can feel that unique smell of Mumbai through your pictures. Thanks.

Regarding the Admiral meeting the General: glad it wasn't like the ex meeting the current. One more point to add on that 'why automobiles are better than women' poster.
Hi Nils, Thanks.
Yeah, Mumbai/Bombay has that overpowering smell that I instantaneously miss when I step out of the city. It's now a fragrance that signals normality.
About the current and the ex - you couldn't have put it better than that. And what was remarkable - the two didn't even waste a moment sizing up each other !

Quote:
Ahh, 18 you are! The age part is only what we make out of it, a real truth that is! I always doubted your age (At heart or whatever!) thanks for clearing that up.
Now Zap, I don't like that - please don't cast doubts on my age by hinting that I am not 18 but actually much younger than 18 etc.
18 and that's it.

Quote:
Believe it or not: Since the first time I saw your thread I have been looking out for Admiral.
One day we shall, my friend, we shall.

Quote:
Firstly, Lets conclude on meeting each other!
Good one !

Quote:
Toothless (My T-Aria) is one gritty guy who keeps fighting the 'T' badge and niggles! He would love to meet you.
Why did you name him toothless ? Something around the looks or is it a behavioural attribute ? Like a friend of mine from Delhi who got fed up at a point of time with his 'tough guy' Scorpio because of repeated transmission issues and called it Pika. Pika ? Pansy in a knight's armour !

'Fighting T badge and niggles' - liked that.

Last edited by Guderian : 14th May 2011 at 17:27.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:41   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nils, Thanks.
Yeah, Mumbai/Bombay has that overpowering smell that I instantaneously miss when I step out of the city. It's now a fragrance that signals normality.
Ah, your photos made me oh so nostalgic. Though, it's hardly been 10 months since I've left Mumbai. How much I love the late night sedate drives through the city, looking at the same places that you saw in the day, but from a different perspective!
Old 14th May 2011, 17:41   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Now Zap, I don't like that - please don't cast doubts on my age by hinting that I am not 18 but actually much younger than 18 etc. 18 and that's it.
By saying that I meant that you are much younger at heart; Even after considering the fact that you are actually 18!

Anyways sorry if I sounded offending.

Quote:
Why did you name him toothless ? Something around the looks or is it a behavioural attribute ?
It is not a behavioral attribute but a physical one! As you may know the current mHaHa's come with the 'walrus tooth' grill. The T-Aria on the other hand has the 'Toothless' grill thus the name!

A bit OT: Some how the T-Aria reminds me of Night fury (Dragon) from the movie 'How to train you dragon'. Incidentally the Night fury was fondly called 'Toothless'.

Kiddish, Childish? I don't know some how made up a weird relation of things. Hope the explanation was not too much! Whatever be the explanation Toothless it is!

EDIT: Loved the night drive pics! Its Amazing how a city transforms itself at night!
Old 14th May 2011, 17:47   #578
BHPian

@ Guderian
You won't believe it but every time I see a silver CRDe with black unpainted cladding's, I stare at the number plate, hoping to catch a glimpse of my old beauty, still haven't in the last year =(
Managed to click some shots for my photo filled report today, but still have a long way to go for a full review, I am getting close though.
@ zappex, you wont believe it but I intend to name my thread " How to train your Dragon- Maximizing, Your Scorpio"
Of course, it is my injured left foot that got me thinking about the name, and not the car in Particular.

Last edited by Off Roadie : 14th May 2011 at 17:51.
Old 14th May 2011, 20:39   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Ah, your photos made me oh so nostalgic. Though, it's hardly been 10 months since I've left Mumbai. How much I love the late night sedate drives through the city, looking at the same places that you saw in the day, but from a different perspective!
Hi Nilesh, You seemed to have gone from one to the other city - both of which I hold close to my heart ! Bangalore is the city I grew up in (and keep going back to) and the late nights and drives around there are also fabulous. Remember my school and college days. And the late night drives dropping off friends one by one around the town after late night returns from day picnics/drives to Mysore/Nandis/etc.
And Mumbai - yes this place is a charmer too in every sense of the word. Whether by day or night.

Quote:
Anyways sorry if I sounded offending.
Easy my friend...
I hope that was in jest. At least my jibe was !
For age doesn't wither me nor custom stale my infinite variety is what I would have stated about me but then I don't bathe in Asses milk !

Quote:
It is not a behavioral attribute but a physical one! As you may know the current mHaHa's come with the 'walrus tooth' grill. The T-Aria on the other hand has the 'Toothless' grill thus the name!
Ahh - that explains it. The grill on the MHaHa is quite a monstrosity. One of the minor factors which prevented me from seriously pursuing the 4X4 Scorp again.

Quote:
A bit OT: Some how the T-Aria reminds me of Night fury (Dragon) from the movie 'How to train you dragon'. Incidentally the Night fury was fondly called 'Toothless'.
Kiddish, Childish? I don't know some how made up a weird relation of things. Hope the explanation was not too much! Whatever be the explanation Toothless it is!
Says who ? Aww c'mon ! All of us have a child inside us waiting to get out. In fact my wife and kid keep asking me as to when would I grow up. (Yeah, yeah I know Zap what you thinking - that's right I got married when I was right in the cradle !)
Quote:
Loved the night drive pics! Its Amazing how a city transforms itself at night!
Thanks Zap. There is quite a eerie, mystical touch to the streets - early morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
@ Guderian
You won't believe it but every time I see a silver CRDe with black unpainted cladding's, I stare at the number plate, hoping to catch a glimpse of my old beauty, still haven't in the last year =(
Managed to click some shots for my photo filled report today, but still have a long way to go for a full review, I am getting close though.
@ zappex, you wont believe it but I intend to name my thread " How to train your Dragon- Maximizing, Your Scorpio"
Of course, it is my injured left foot that got me thinking about the name, and not the car in Particular.
Hi Rohan, Like I mentioned that is one thread I am eagerly awaiting.

Yes, the Scorp is one vehicle which is full of character. Once you've owned it - very hard to forget. Quite akin a Bullet. Per me no Indian bike comes even close to it ! Talk in terms of character, purpose and the passion it evokes.

Perhaps running high on such emotions and that explains why I went in for the TFort. That was the only one which had some real character I felt.

Looks and behaviour.

Looks everyone and his uncle have commented about it.

And man, the engine growl of the TFort is quite something - reminds me of the growl of the old Scorp CRDe engine.
The slight shake (roll) from side to side (in the Scorp CRDe it was quite a rock !) when you gently tap the accelerator when it is idling...and the list goes on.
And its ability to make you break into a cold sweat just thinking about the process of a R17 size tyre change in theTFort when you are hit by a flat/puncture !

Now that's behaviour.

Well what's an automobile if there are no associated emotions or doesn't evoke a passion of/on owning it ?

Last edited by Guderian : 14th May 2011 at 20:42.
Old 15th May 2011, 15:51   #580
Senior - BHPian

HG, check this out. The message seems to have reached Toyota with probably Innovaful supplements of vocabulory...

Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-p106029160pc.jpg

The Etios probably the first one from Toyota stable in India to adorn the proper gramatics.
Old 15th May 2011, 19:57   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
HG, check this out. The message seems to have reached Toyota with probably Innovaful supplements of vocabulory...

Attachment 545391

The Etios probably the first one from Toyota stable in India to adorn the proper gramatics.
Hey Parsh, That is indeed delightful - and about time too. Perhaps that 'Learn English in 30 Days' booklet did reach them with the compliments of T-BHP !
Say now...only one question remains - is Toyota staring at a worldwide recall of all vehicles to replace all these mirrors with wrong English grammar ?
Like that sticky accelerator recall ?
Old 15th May 2011, 21:34   #582
Senior - BHPian

Sunday Togo Nama May 15, 2011.

Another morning spent with the Admiral. Everything tickety boo (touch wood !) and nothing significant to report. Even though it was yet another tumultous week, for the nation at least in terms of the state elections !

Except that at the start of the drill or even before it began - was rather upset when a neighbour called me to show his almost new Honda City:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07504.jpg
Name:  DSC07505.JPG
Views: 941
Size:  261.3 KB
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07506.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07507.jpg

Well this happened last night when he and his driver were waiting at a junction near Big Bazar wanting to turn left towards Eastern Express Highway. A truck with a drunk driver came barrelling down from behind them, glanced into them, continued ahead ran into another car or so and then went into a pole outside a police station. Later it was learnt that this driver had also smashed a few cars behind them !
Though the police eventually arrested the truck driver the neighbour didn't bother registering a complaint, his sense of helplessness expressed in the sentence "To serve what purpose ? I'll be harassed no end and have to shell out money to all and sundry...".
I disagreed vehemently. All he said was that he needed to move on in life after the episode and would claim whatever he could from the insurance. He was mighty upset, understandably.

And so was I, for more reasons than one.
Firstly, for no fault of this chap he was/is grounded and has to pay some amount at least from his pocket. Plus the anguish.

Secondly, the sight damaged cars always upsets me no end. Not sure why, but it does.

Thirdly, the abject sense of helplessness and distrust in the machinery of the state in an ordinary citizen. I am sure all of us keep reading about it and have experienced it in some form or the other at some point of time or the other. But when you meet it again in the form of a sense of misery from a person you know - you feel rather annoyed, dejected and perhaps...helpless yourself.

Perhaps the reflection of an impotent society.

Before this becomes a political piece or diatribe let me move on.

Back to the Admiral.

Like I mentioned - washed & wiped everything in sight in the absence of the GDW. The chap is off for a wedding he says. Thanks to the auspicious day/s, as reported yesterday.

Another design element that I really like in the Admiral is the fuel filler area.
Right from the FFF (Fuel Filler Flap) onwards. Opens and shuts very precisely, smoothly and has absolutely no gaps.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07510.jpg

Then of course the fact that the entire filler point area is 'rubberised'.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07512.jpg
In my earlier vehicles the first rust spots I used to see was in the fuel filler area. Due to gaps and water collecting here, more than anywhere else in the vehicle. So I guess the 'rubberised' design approach will greatly help to avoid that possiblity on the Admiral.

The cap has high quality design and plastic: (A view of the inner portion of the fuel filler cap)
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07511.jpg

Evidence of good quality rubber and plastic/s:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07517.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07523.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07524.jpg

Even the inside of the filler (metal portion which is fastened on to the tube) has paint pen marks !
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07525.jpg

The entire section looking neat after a wipe:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07526.jpg

The filler is slightly flexible. Advantage is that at the bunker when the fuel pipe nozzle is placed into it it offers no resisitance and so the hose mouth and hose is saved any damage however hard the nozzle is shoved into it.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07527.jpg

The fuel cap looks to be an individually numbered piece, which I like very much ! I guess the number is too long to be a part number.
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07528.jpg

Even the fuel cap lanyard is rather neat:
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07529.jpg
Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...-dsc07530.jpg

So this area is another one of my favourite spots in the Admiral thanks to its design.

All you good folks read about the Mercedes AMG G55 in the TOI Zigwheels on Friday ?
Looks 'Sumo-ish' from the front and 'Bolero-ish' from the side eh ? And for that I pay Rs 1.1 Crore ?
And a petrol engine with 507 BHP and 700 NM torque ? Insane for Indian roads ! Boy O boy - can you imagine the FE figures ? And then comes the day's paper with the news of petrol price hike of 5 bucks per litre. Insane again.

Thank God for the T-Fort !
Compared to the Gelandewagen it almost feels like a maha-eco friendly Prius. No wonder I got it.

Last edited by Guderian : 15th May 2011 at 21:39.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:13   #583
Senior - BHPian

@ General - I am not surprised that you have built up quite a reputation in your area. I think the neighbours report to you with any damage to your car rather than going to the police Jokes apart that was really bad. I can imagine the persons frustration.

But i wonder in this particular case how would it have helped filing a police complaint?

Regarding the paint spots in T-Fort - Did you check with the service guys at Toyota about why so many different colourful spots in the vehicle?

G55 AMG has been covered by Dippy when he was invited for the launch at the below thread (in case you had missed it).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ex-mumbai.html
Old 16th May 2011, 09:27   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@ General - I am not surprised that you have built up quite a reputation in your area. I think the neighbours report to you with any damage to your car rather than going to the police.
Hi Amit, I am not so sure about that !
I am just thanking my stars that no one, except an old man, has yet called me to clean their car/s.
But yeah I can only imagine what the whispers behind my back are, and they wouldn't be very far from truth - "Pagal" "Works in a high end Taxi company, perhaps ", "May be doesn't get along with his wife", "Is he a Parsi ?" etc etc.

Quote:
But i wonder in this particular case how would it have helped filing a police complaint?
1. Normally in such cases the insurance company insists on a police complaint. Unless you bluff that you had left it parked. Someone bashed it and ran away, no witnesses etc etc.
2. To fix the drunk driver - strengthen the police case so that the chap is fixed for good.Now the police would possibly let him off taking a hefty commission !
3. To claim for damages from the owner of the truck and the driver under The MV Act - liabilities, for physical and/or mental anguish etc etc. Long drawn process - but it helps to keep the roads safe.

Quote:
Regarding the paint spots in T-Fort - Did you check with the service guys at Toyota about why so many different colourful spots in the vehicle?
What spots ? Are you taking of the brownish marks near the fuel flap hinges ? Those are shots before I cleaned it ! That's muck.

Quote:
G55 AMG has been covered by Dippy when he was invited for the launch at the below thread (in case you had missed it).
Thanks - haven't gone through this. Shall. Soon. Not sure though whether it'll change anything - my perceptions or my capacity/inability to pay for it !

But had gone through a Belgian Army report on the G-wagen years ago. Delightful I'd say, as long as one is not paying for it or maintaining it after it is handed over to you !
Old 16th May 2011, 11:42   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What spots ? Are you taking of the brownish marks near the fuel flap hinges ? Those are shots before I cleaned it ! That's muck.

General i was referring to the Pen marks at different places. For example in your latest post you have shown the Blue pen marks. And if i remember correctly there were other color marks as well on the engine (don't remember the exact locations). I am assuming these are the marks being put while doing the assembly in the plant??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks