Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 11:18   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

Hi Amit, Glad to have been of some help. It is of course rather simple to operate.
Do let us know how the 'first experience' went off.....!
Used the Digital Inflator for the first time on Sunday Morning. Unfortunately did not have to make use of the compressor as the air pressure was already above the recommended levels. But it is rather simple to operate.

Only issue is the long wire with the charger that comes with it. In the packed piece it is neatly tucked into the device. But once you take it out it sure is a task putting it back in place But this is not a issue at all.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:25   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
From all the products I use to maintain the beauty of my Shark, along with a truck load of micro fiber cloths; here is the bottle (second from left) Manuuj is talking about! (just to help him out in explaining)
Hey - Lovely Ace ! That snap is worth a million words. Am keeping it for future reference. And look at them lovely bottles !
Thanks my friend. You have done us all a favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@Guderian the 'mischievous' interpretations is always a part of the name, but old habits die hard - so the name sticks on. I love DIY and though I am no expert, I want to believe that I am reasonably good at what I mess up - and hence the name.
Ha ha ! Good one teh. Glad to have you around. Do keep sharing your DiY activities here - would be of great help especially if related to automobiles and even 'otherwise' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Used the Digital Inflator for the first time on Sunday Morning. Unfortunately did not have to make use of the compressor as the air pressure was already above the recommended levels. But it is rather simple to operate.

Only issue is the long wire with the charger that comes with it. In the packed piece it is neatly tucked into the device. But once you take it out it sure is a task putting it back in place But this is not a issue at all.
Hi Amit, Great. So now your inflator is no longer a virgin inflator.
Yeah that long wire is a pain. but now I am used to it following a simple technique. The trick here is to start the folds from the base (proximal end near the inflator) and work outwards rather than from the outer (distal) end and work inwards. That way the jack can be pushed in into the aperture last and it stays secure. You capisce ?!! If not shall taking a snap and show it sometime.

Quote:
From all the products I use to maintain the beauty of my Shark, along with a truck load of micro fiber cloths; here is the bottle (second from left) Manuuj is talking about! (just to help him out in explaining)
PS: Ace - O.T. ! - Just out of curiosity - is/was your dad in the armed forces or a government official ?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th April 2011 at 18:31. Reason: Merged posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins. Thanks.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 16:19   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey - Lovely Ace ! That snap is worth a million words. Am keeping it for future reference. And look at them lovely bottles !
Thanks my friend. You have done us all a favour.
hehe, I turn back to these bottles everytime I feel my pet needs a quick dose of them! Typical to sharks, she can't make out any sounds for that, so I have to understand the timings she needs a little treat of my elbow grease!

Quote:
PS: Ace - O.T. ! - Just out of curiosity - is/was your dad in the armed forces or a government official ?
My dad works for Haryana Govt. My uncle (my mom's brother) is an Indian Army colonel and I have nine classmates of mine as Indian Army officers! I myself, have been a NCC cadet for 6 years earning a rank of Sergeant with 'C' certificate with alpha grade!

What made you ask this, though?
Old 26th April 2011, 16:43   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. I turn back to these bottles everytime I feel my pet needs a quick dose of them! Typical to sharks, she can't make out any sounds for that, so I have to understand the timings she needs a little treat of my elbow grease!

2. My dad works for Haryana Govt. My uncle (my mom's brother) is an Indian Army colonel and I have nine classmates of mine as Indian Army officers! I myself, have been a NCC cadet for 6 years earning a rank of Sergeant with 'C' certificate with alpha grade!

What made you ask this, though?
1. Great going ! And must say the Shark (your bronze Civic) is quite a looker. Jolly good indeed.

2. Elementary, my dear Watson.....after having lived in Army and MES houses all my growing years how can I miss that mosaic floor and side pattas for anything in the world ? Those MES/CPWD/PWD patterns are so etched in one's mind !
Shall PM for more info on the regiments etc of your chums and uncle !
Old 26th April 2011, 16:58   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Great going ! And must say the Shark (your bronze Civic) is quite a looker. Jolly good indeed.
Thank you for appreciating her! Though, she gets scared everytime she sees some wild Togo H in her rear view mirrors coming at high speeds!

Quote:
2. Elementary, my dear Watson.....after having lived in Army and MES houses all my growing years how can I miss that mosaic floor and side pattas for anything in the world ? Those MES/CPWD/PWD patterns are so etched in one's mind !
Shall PM for more info on the regiments etc of your chums and uncle !
You are so right about these patterns. I was about to ask whether you asked after seeing the floor, but then asked my brain to stop thinking about stupid logics! Now, it turned out the logic was indeed correct!
Old 26th April 2011, 17:39   #471
dot
Senior - BHPian

@Ace F355, nice ensemble. I have the "Scratch Out" and "Armor All" interior protector, bought from Walmart/Meijer. Scratch Out works very well for minor scratches. Armor All gives a nice shine. I also use an unlisted and very dangerous inhouse developed cleaning solution for the removing very adamant stains on interior plastic parts with a toothbrush. The reason it is dangerous because it can decolorize metal paint. But very good for plastics though.

@Guderian, some observation.
Old 26th April 2011, 17:43   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Thank you for appreciating her! Though, she gets scared everytime she sees some wild Togo H in her rear view mirrors coming at high speeds!

2. You are so right about these patterns. I was about to ask whether you asked after seeing the floor, but then asked my brain to stop thinking about stupid logics! Now, it turned out the logic was indeed correct!
1. Well sir - as an officer and a gentleman the Admiral is hardly wild and is honour bound to protect a lady on the roads. So do tell the Lady Shark not to quiver in her skirts when she sees the gallant Admiral around. But of course the Admiral doesn't speak for other TForts driven by the general rif raffs on the roads.

2. Ahhh - that snap brought back so many fond memories of childhood !
Old 26th April 2011, 19:12   #473
BHPian

Quote:
First of all a big thanks for the pic as it saved me the trouble!

Secondly it is heartening to note that there are other nutters like me who have more Car Care Products than Self Care Products. Even i like to neatly line them up the same way and relish using each, one at a time, on the Fortuner on Sundays.

My aunts drivers thought i was "a bit touched in the head" when i produced a mini suitcase full of the stuff on a visit to her place in Punjab and proceeded with my usual Sunday ritual.

They were a hundred Q's which i had to answer patiently.."yeh tyre ke liye, yeh rims ke liye, yeh beading ke liye, yeh dashboard ke liye, yeh seats ke liye, yeh glass ke liye..but what really made them flip were the Johnson & Johnson Ear buds i use to clean the AC vents!

They all kept a safe distance from me and eyed me quite suspiciously throughout the visit, especially as a few even overheard me murmuring sweet nothings to my Fortuner during the Sunday rub down.
Old 26th April 2011, 22:12   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post

1. Secondly it is heartening to note that there are other nutters like me who have more Car Care Products than Self Care Products.

2. "especially as a few even overheard me murmuring sweet nothings to my Fortuner during the Sunday rub down."
1. True. It is such a relief to know that there are other vehicle crazy guys - I thought at a point of time that there was something odd with my behaviour and started self-psychoanalysis going into aspects of emotional substitutes etc. This forum is such a blessing - to run into other folks like you to realise that you are normal or to realise that there are other abnormal people also ! Either ways there is strength in numbers.

2. Now seriously been wanting to ask this Q for a long time and possibly start a separate thread on the topic on the forum under miscellaneous, but as now the opportunity presents itself will ask the Q here and be done with it !

How many of you communicate with/talk to your vehicles ?!!
Be honest !

Last edited by Guderian : 26th April 2011 at 22:13.
Old 26th April 2011, 22:38   #475
BHPian

Quote:
2. Now seriously been wanting to ask this Q for a long time and possibly start a separate thread on the topic on the forum under miscellaneous, but as now the opportunity presents itself will ask the Q here and be done with it !

Be honest !
I do..as confessed in my earlier post. Many times i find myself communicating with it when it gets me out of a sticky situation, said goodnight on a number of occasions and i always, always apologize if i take it through a pothole or over a speed bump a bit hard.

I think it is a carry over from my horse riding days when communicating with your steed was always encouraged and gently petting the horse after a jump or a particularly hard ride was a way of expressing thanks for a job well done.

I still pet the dashboard or the out side of the drivers door much the same way i used to pet the horses head or shoulder.

Call me barmy but i see it as a living breathing thing rather than an inanimate object..and the same goes for all my Cars.

Last edited by Manuuj : 26th April 2011 at 22:43.
Old 26th April 2011, 22:50   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be honest !
I must admit that i really do not talk/communicate with my car.

But i realise that i am being ungrateful here. The least i should do is to thank it considering that after Office, Home the next most time is spent driving it. And fingers crossed it has not given me any trouble in the couple of years of ownership.

Also after going through the Togo channel i am feeling a kind of guilt, considering the amount of loving care that you guys have been showering on the vehicles. Not that i am abusing my baby but i have not been giving the detailed attention. But slowly i am getting there.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:02   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I do..as confessed in my earlier post. Many times i find myself communicating with it when it gets me out of a sticky situation, said goodnight on a number of occasions and i always, always apologize if i take it through a pothole or over a speed bump a bit hard.

I think it is a carry over from my horse riding days when communicating with your steed was always encouraged and gently petting the horse after a jump or a particularly hard ride was a way of expressing thanks for a job well done.

I still pet the dashboard or the out side of the drivers door much the same way i used to pet the horses head or shoulder.

Call me barmy but i see it as a living breathing thing rather than an inanimate object..and the same goes for all my Cars.
Hi Manuuj, A past equestrian eh ? It shows, dear chap, the way you give 'The Fortuner' it's Sunday hide rub down. Or called 'Malish' by the faujis.
And wonderful to read such lines which shows great respect and love for one's ride. I too have a confession...a confession of pride perhaps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I must admit that i really do not talk/communicate with my car.

But i realise that i am being ungrateful here. The least i should do is to thank it considering that after Office, Home the next most time is spent driving it. And fingers crossed it has not given me any trouble in the couple of years of ownership.

Also after going through the Togo channel i am feeling a kind of guilt, considering the amount of loving care that you guys have been showering on the vehicles. Not that i am abusing my baby but i have not been giving the detailed attention. But slowly i am getting there.
Hey Amit ! Don't feel too guilty about it. The first step towards change is the dawn of realisation. And you are there.
Next step is to slowly start looking at your ride as an extension of your soul.
The next step ( now pause here, close your eyes, deep breaths, block out every other mental stimulus/li, relax your muscles...) is to pick up the phone, call Manuuj and ask as to what is to be spoken to the ride !

And my confession ? I sure do communicate with Admiral ! At a very mental level and at times verbal. At the begining of a long or tough ride it could be at the mental or verbal level with a pat on the 'A' pillar with a 'Let's do it/go/roll my friend/sir/Admiral' or at the end of a particularly difficult trip a mental salute or a pat on the 'C'/last pillar as I move away. When I believe that I have, due to my own stupidity, pushed the Admiral to a rough spot like speeding over/into a pot hole or other such scraps - an involuntary, often verbal, shout of 'Owwww' or 'Ouch' with a 'Sorry' and a pat on the dash/'A' pillar -is issued forth ! By doing this I get a little more careful. This is my own way of apologising to the ol' chap as well as a rebuke to self to be more careful.

Odd ? Bonkers ? Touched up there ? Ready for the shrink's couch ? May be. But then if you look closely every vehicle has a soul and is a breathing creature !

And the last time I had visited a shrink, he lay on the couch, and pronounced me a Vehicochondriac and asked me as to how he could clean his vehicle's air filter by himself and mentioned his baby had a nasty breathing and a wheezing problem !
Old 27th April 2011, 10:06   #478
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Be honest !
Nothing to be ashamed or dishonest about it. I talk to my cars and other vehicles very often. Like,

"Take me home" specially from some unknown far away places.

"Take us safe" when we are about to start a long drive.

"Let me clean you up" - obvious.

"There you are, my beauty" - Tracing the car in a labyrinthine parking lot.

"Thank you" with a tap on the bonnet. Coming back home after a long or hard drive.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 10:22   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Nothing to be ashamed or dishonest about it. I talk to my cars and other vehicles very often. Like,

"Take me home" specially from some unknown far away places.

"Take us safe" when we are about to start a long drive.

"Let me clean you up" - obvious.

"There you are, my beauty" - Tracing the car in a labyrinthine parking lot.

"Thank you" with a tap on the bonnet. Coming back home after a long or hard drive.
There you go ! Wonderful. Nice to be sorrounded by so many soulful folks.
Thanks dot.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 15:34   #480
Senior - BHPian

You guys are too mushy!

I usually say 'let's kick some ***, girl' or max 'sorry darling' if I make a mistake.

"____ ______ thank you ma'am" too, if the situation is appropriate e.g. after a really jolting ride :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks