Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 21:45   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro - Toyota Fortuner. Life Sails On...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi yaji,
Congratulations !
It sure looks great - a twin indeed to Admiral. Admiral salutes his twin.
Sorry to hear about the poor dealership experience. Papers not given/ issues around the amount paid/accessories not given/insurance amount and papers ?
Anyway I am sure these things will sort itself out duly, as they always do - yeah, initially they are intolerable.
Incidentally what have you named your shiny new ride ?
Hail General! No spotting contests for TVM BHPians? Offer valid in bangalore only?
Nice trip! No on the sail pictures?
Old 9th May 2012, 22:28   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Congrats and Oops Yaji, what happened? Can you please start your new initial ownership thread and explain in detail to all of us?
I will start an ownership thread once things fall in place as right now its not so good feeling and i dont want to write with prejudice before giving them a chance to sort things out

Quote:
Hi yaji,
Congratulations !
It sure looks great - a twin indeed to Admiral. Admiral salutes his twin.
Sorry to hear about the poor dealership experience. Papers not given/ issues around the amount paid/accessories not given/insurance amount and papers ?
Anyway I am sure these things will sort itself out duly, as they always do - yeah, initially they are intolerable.
Incidentally what have you named your shiny new ride ?
Thanks HG !

Like you have mentioned, i do hope that things will get sorted but surely they wont get sorted on their own unless the dealer makes an honest effort to sort it out Since there are quite a number of issues, i would mention them once it reaches some kind of conclusion so that i can address everything which may help others too. And yeah, i have no plans to hijack the TOGO channel for this and have plans to start a new initial ownership thread ...peace

I have never had a practice of naming my rides (except once) and hence i dont think i will name it this time too. Only time i had named my ride was when i owned a BMX cycle and this was ages ago
Old 9th May 2012, 23:02   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hail General! No spotting contests for TVM BHPians? Offer valid in bangalore only?
Nice trip! No on the sail pictures?
Hi AK,
Anyone can spot Admiral and lay a claim to the 18 prizes. And since I'm in Tvm now - it is their privilege now !
Had 5 PMs from Bangalore TBHPians mentioning about their sighting of Admiral at some points. But results shall be posted here post the trip !
Shall try and put up some sails snaps at the end of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaji View Post
And yeah, i have no plans to hijack the TOGO channel for this and have plans to start a new initial ownership thread ...
Hi yaji,
Please feel free to hijack this thread anytime you feel like. After all it is Fortuner or related radio chatter and for the betterment of the reader's understanding of such affairs. Immaterial where you write it sir !
Old 10th May 2012, 08:17   #1519
BHPian

Is the PDI report of a car i own a confidential document for dealer / OEM ?

I have been asking for the PDI report for my vehicle to be shown to me (PDI's both from Toyota when they delivered vehicle to the dealer and the one the dealer makes when he delivered the vehicle to me) and I' am being told that it is a confidential document !
Old 10th May 2012, 10:32   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been asking for the PDI report for my vehicle to be shown to me (PDI's both from Toyota when they delivered vehicle to the dealer and the one the dealer makes when he delivered the vehicle to me) and I' am being told that it is a confidential document !
It is not, they can show that to you, you may not make a photocopy of it. At-least that was the case with my swift.

You can do your own PDI, with out TBHP checklist.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:34   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
It is not, they can show that to you, you may not make a photocopy of it. At-least that was the case with my swift.

You can do your own PDI, with out TBHP checklist.
I did my PDI, a rather elaborate one taking inputs from the TBHP check list but there are issues which cant be checked by me (like the under the hood stuff) which can only be known from a Toyota PDI.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:42   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hogwash. Whole lot of crock, trash and poppycock...whatever.
They must have not done it or even if done not recorded it or there must be some glitches pointed out in the vehicle or some such thing.
But yeah the dealership can state that it is an internal document and you can't demand it etc. but most of the time the chaps show it to you.
I hadn't seriously asked for it when taking charge of the Admiral. But yes when the LoH's Alto K-10 was handed over asked for it and saw at least the dealer's PDI sheet and comments.
Incidentally yaji did you check the date of manufacture of the vehicle through the VIN ?
Old 10th May 2012, 11:11   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Hogwash. Whole lot of crock, trash and poppycock...whatever.
They must have not done it or even if done not recorded it or there must be some glitches pointed out in the vehicle or some such thing.
But yeah the dealership can state that it is an internal document and you can't demand it etc. but most of the time the chaps show it to you.
I hadn't seriously asked for it when taking charge of the Admiral. But yes when the LoH's Alto K-10 was handed over asked for it and saw at least the dealer's PDI sheet and comments.
Incidentally yaji did you check the date of manufacture of the vehicle through the VIN ?
I was told that this vehicle was from last of the 2011 model batch made by Toyota and invoiced to the dealer in Jan 2012. Made in Dec 2011.
How do i check the Date of manufacture through VIN ?
I presume VIN is same as Frame number as thats the only one which looks similar to what has been explained about VIN numbers on TBHP forums and this has many more characters....
Old 10th May 2012, 11:37   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told that this vehicle was from last of the 2011 model batch made by Toyota and invoiced to the dealer in Jan 2012. Made in Dec 2011.
How do i check the Date of manufacture through VIN ?
I presume VIN is same as Frame number as thats the only one which looks similar to what has been explained about VIN numbers on TBHP forums and this has many more characters....
Hi yaji, VIN or Vehicle Identification Number is what is called as Frame Number by Toyota. It can be seen on the manufacturer's plate on the top right side of the engine bay. The last 3/4 digits of this number after the dash will give you the date of manufacture. So if it has been made in Dec 2011, as claimed, then the last 4 digits should be - 1211 after the main Frame Number.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:57   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Hi yaji, VIN or Vehicle Identification Number is what is called as Frame Number by Toyota. It can be seen on the manufacturer's plate on the top right side of the engine bay. The last 3/4 digits of this number after the dash will give you the date of manufacture. So if it has been made in Dec 2011, as claimed, then the last 4 digits should be - 1211 after the main Frame Number.
The last 4 digits are 1111 which means this was made in Nov 2011...so that was a misleading thing from the sales...
Old 10th May 2012, 13:26   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last 4 digits are 1111 which means this was made in Nov 2011...so that was a misleading thing from the sales...
Hi yaji,
Don't want to be a party pooper but...sorry !
Frankly, the date of manufacturing and the sale date are far too apart. For a hot selling item like the Fortuner it is odd that there is such a time gap. Leads back to my original suspicion that it may be a demo vehicle they have palmed off to you.
Please grill the dealer about it and a war dance may be in order.
Old 10th May 2012, 13:45   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Hi yaji,
Don't want to be a party pooper but...sorry !
Frankly, the date of manufacturing and the sale date are far too apart. For a hot selling item like the Fortuner it is odd that there is such a time gap. Leads back to my original suspicion that it may be a demo vehicle they have palmed off to you.
Please grill the dealer about it and a war dance may be in order.
They have another 7 vehicles in white colour which no one is picking up and it is also from the same lot. They say that since the new model got launched, most of the people who buy fortuner's in that region (political class and real estate guys) do not want to seen buying the older model as it will be considered below their class. And white being the first choice colour of this class, they are stuck with those high numbers. They have sold all other colours and mine was the last silver coloured model they had.

I got their story verified (of having got billed in one lot in the beginning of January due to some of their own issues) and it did turn out to be true. So i still believe that this may not be a demo vehicle . I also came to know that these guys have their demo vehicles only in white colour and no other colour will do.

The issues that i now have with the vehicle are all cosmetic and its more of exposure to elements thing while in the yard which may have caused them AND basic carelessness.
1. Window beading expansion
2. Paint Scratches on the bonnet caused because of the ribbon which they tie while delivering the new vehicle !
3. Tyre damage which may have been the result of very high pressure in the tyres when the vehicle was delivered to me and which i had no way of checking unless i was shown the PDI of the dealer.

As an afterthought i hope I' am not going into denial mode now as anyways i have to live with whatever i have bought
Old 10th May 2012, 14:03   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get any discounts since its a 18 month old vehicle. I understand you have bought the vehicle and its registered as well now so not much can be done. Make sure you make a lot of noise so that other guys dont get cheated, and try getting accessories or cash refund.

Regards
Sid
Old 10th May 2012, 14:38   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Sid View Post
Did you get any discounts since its a 18 month old vehicle. I understand you have bought the vehicle and its registered as well now so not much can be done. Make sure you make a lot of noise so that other guys dont get cheated, and try getting accessories or cash refund.

Regards
Sid
Sid,
It's a 6 month old vehicle and not 18 month old Seems like you read 2011 as 2010. Buying it was a conscious decision and the month has been off mark by a single month as a 2011 model can be last made only in Dec 2011 and not after that.
Regarding discounts, Insurance was offered free but nothing else.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:22   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Sid,
It's a 6 month old vehicle and not 18 month old Seems like you read 2011 as 2010. Buying it was a conscious decision and the month has been off mark by a single month as a 2011 model can be last made only in Dec 2011 and not after that.
Regarding discounts, Insurance was offered free but nothing else.
Extremely sorry Yaji, it was my fault I read it wrong. That's a decent deal (insurance) since you got the car just off the shelf. I remember there were days when 6 months was considered early. Wishing you happy mile crunching with the bull. If I had enough of Vitamin M this would have been my ride though I love my Safari but the TFort looks the real bully on the roads
Regards
Sid
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks