Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:20   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Nice pics there Ace F355. The solo pics of the 599 are just brilliant. Tell me, how do you pull this off Ace F355? I am asking about the art of visiting the Ferrari New Delhi showroom twice in 2 months.
Thank you, boy! I had visited Ferrari New Delhi last time when I had a chance to sit in these cars and have a feel. These pics are taken from outside the showroom after midnight, arvi! The showroom was closed. And BTW, nothing to pull off in visiting a showroom. All you need a good dressing and talking sense, thats it!
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:21   #332
dot
Senior - BHPian

The first Ferrari picture is amazing. Look at the headlights, simply to die for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
All you need a good dressing and talking sense, thats it!
..and some confidence, if I may add.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 09:21   #333
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, my Civic's stock alloys have been sold as well and have been bought by another Tbhpian (?). Got a decent price for the set of 4 alloys (INR 12,500) and the dude is going to grace his SX4 (a full blown funky sadan with all possible TeamBHP stickers) with my alloys. So more or less the cost of new alloys has been offset with the selling price of old ones.

All in all, pretty happy with my decision and Team BHP Classifieds rock.

EDIT: oh and I have noticed the 5 star rating on my thread. Heartfelt thanks to all who have rated it so. Glad to know you all found my thread deserving. Thanks once again.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 5th September 2011 at 09:48.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 14:18   #334
Senior - BHPian

^^ Good to hear that alloys got sold.
That's a decent price for OEM Civic alloys. You almost got your 17" alloys(14K) for hardly Rs 1.5K then.
Old 5th September 2011, 15:09   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
^^ Good to hear that alloys got sold.
That's a decent price for OEM Civic alloys. You almost got your 17" alloys(14K) for hardly Rs 1.5K then.
Yep, within 4 days of posting my advert! Remarkable turn around time I must say. And you are right in saying, I had to pay INR 1500 only to upgrade to 17" Konig alloys.

However, a deeper analysis produces these numbers:

Buying price for Yoko A Drive tyres on my 15" alloys (INR 5000/piece) = 20,000
Price I paid for painting the stock alloys matte black (INR 1000/piece) = 4,000
Price I paid for 17" Konig alloys = 14,000
New A Drive R1 tyres (INR 8100/piece) = 32,400
Total buying = INR 70,400

Buy back price for my A Drives = 15,500
Buy back price of stock alloys = 12,500
Total buyback returns = INR 28,000

So, actually, I have paid INR 42,400 (70800 minus 28000) for the 17" alloys and new tyres on my Shark. Now decide, whether it is a good deal or not!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 5th September 2011 at 15:26.
Old 8th September 2011, 13:39   #336
Senior - BHPian

Getting my Civic Repainted - Choices and Dilemma!

Hello BHPians

Here I am, thoroughly confused and willing to seek some objective help on a very subjective matter! I presume many of you may have seen my Civic ownership thread and you might get a hint of my taste by now. It has been around 8 months since I returned back to India and bought this gem of a car, my Shark. I have modded it to my preferences and it has been an epic experience owning this car.

However, now I am presented with this new dilemma in my head. Getting the car repainted. And this idea is eating my brain like anything! I hope Team BHP will come to rescue and will help me with this.

A few points I would like to mention before you pour in your suggestions:

- I am a young and single professional working for a MNC, I recently turned 24.

- I deal with multiple clients and the image I carry is important for myself. IMO the current color of my car suits the image of a professional to the T.

- This car is my first in India, bought with my own money and I plan to keep this car till its last breath.

Now, I should present the color choices. If I am honest, Civic is one exception among cars that looks good in all colors being offered by Honda. In order of preference for me, I'd love it in Black, Grey, White, Maroon and Bluish Silver. However, if I want my car to stand out, it should be something different. I have seen an Orange, Green and Red Civic personally in Delhi and they do stand out but are loud colors to say the least. Red was good but was a let down due to horrible paint quality.

I have sorted two colors for my car to be repainted in. Milano Red or Aqua Blue. Civic looks pretty good in these colors IMO and should be a sureshot head turner.

But Inside, I am confused like hell. Should I keep the car in its original shade, or should I change to my 1st love, Milano Red? Will red be too loud in terms of professionalism? Or rather I should get the car painted in Aqua Blue? Not as loud as red but still different from the rest. Blue looks uber cool as well. What about paint quality and durability, will I be getting even close to OEM in term of its quality? These are some of the questions that rise in my head.

I need some serious help on this issue. What do you guys think?

Should I get my car repainted in Milano Red?

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-milano-red.jpg

Or should it be Aqua Blue?

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-aqua-blue.jpg

Or the car looks as good as it could be in its original shade, Carbon Bronze Pearl?

My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 142,500 kms crunched. EDIT: Sold!-cbp.jpg

I understand the exterior color is a subjective matter but I would like to have your opinions on this subject. May be you could help me out taking the final call. So let your opinions flow in...

Cheers and looking forward to your responses.

EDIT: Added the poll so that it becomes easy for me to get an idea.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 8th September 2011 at 13:51.
Old 8th September 2011, 13:47   #337
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getting my Civic Repainted - Choices and Dilemma!

Ace F355 - I was expecting this thread for a long time and here it is, finally. My suggestion would be as follows:

1. Milano Red - IMO, Civic looks at its stunning best in this color. And if you do manage to get a good quality paintjob, your Civic will stand out in the crowd, literally. Also, the alloys, the Type-R logo and the red Honda badges front and rear would be in perfect sync with this paint job.

2. Aqua Blue - I may sound really stupid, but I really can't find fault with this color in the Civic either. Its too good and if you even have the slightest of hesitation that the Milano Red would be too loud for your official use, then this is the best.

Whatever be the color, one thing that you really need to take care is the paint finish and quality. Talk to as many people as possible and check which is the best in Delhi/NCR. Because a bad paintjob will completely ruin all the hard work that you have done in the Shark all these days.

EDIT: Just noticed the poll. Voted for Milano Red.

Last edited by arvi86 : 8th September 2011 at 14:06.
Old 8th September 2011, 13:52   #338
BHPian

Ace

If you get Milano Red you can add me as fan for your car. It just looks stunning in that color. Aggressive yet tamed.

The blue looks good, its more sublime in nature.

The last color didn't appeal much.

Have fun modding your car
Old 8th September 2011, 13:54   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

I have voted for Aqua blue but ideally I would suggest Interlogos Blue that comes on the BMW E60 M5.
Have a look: http://www.whatonemillionbuys.com/2008-bmw-m5-3
IMO, that is the best shade of blue, ever!

Last edited by Sahil : 8th September 2011 at 13:55.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 14:01   #340
Senior - BHPian

Lovely, this confusion struck me also and I shall share my experiences with you. The paintjob has been on my list also for quite sometime now, and I had the same color in Mind the Milano red. I went around searching for paint shops who could do justice to my color and car but honestly could not find any decent option.

I could find only workshop which had done a Red Honda City whose quality was good but the cost was upward of a Lakh rupee for a full repaint as this shade apparently had two three coats. I further dropped the idea because the Civic is generally parked outside my house and the risk of damaging such an expensive paint was high. So I stuck to the white only. Saved that money and got myself the suspension kit
m4ugr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 14:27   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Since you say that you meet with professionals due to your work,RED would be too loud(but otherwise its the best).

Aqua Blue will look more sober yet sporty. For me Aqua Blue it is.
Old 8th September 2011, 15:00   #342
BHPian

At the risk of sounding like a spoil sport. My 2 cents

What is the need for a re-paint? If you want to re-paint because the current colour has lost its shine. Get detailing work done and get that shine back. Good detailing work can take years of the car and costs a fraction.

I am saying the above because you need to project the professional image to your clients. If you were using this car for your weekend drive then go with your heart. Red it should be.
mac187 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 15:01   #343
Senior - BHPian

A Bit out context..but relevant

In UK the change of colour of your car needs to be updated with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

I guess something similar might apply here also any guesses ??
Old 8th September 2011, 15:20   #344
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for quick responses and please keep them coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
1. Milano Red - IMO, Civic looks at its stunning best in this color. And if you do manage to get a good quality paintjob, your Civic will stand out in the crowd, literally. Also, the alloys, the Type-R logo and the red Honda badges front and rear would be in perfect sync with this paint job.

2. Aqua Blue - I may sound really stupid, but I really can't find fault with this color in the Civic either. Its too good and if you even have the slightest of hesitation that the Milano Red would be too loud for your official use, then this is the best.

Whatever be the color, one thing that you really need to take care is the paint finish and quality. Talk to as many people as possible and check which is the best in Delhi/NCR. Because a bad paintjob will completely ruin all the hard work that you have done in the Shark all these days.

EDIT: Just noticed the poll. Voted for Milano Red.
This is the problem arvi, each of the three colors look great on Civic. And I am eagerly hunting for someone who can deliver the quality work on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have voted for Aqua blue but ideally I would suggest Interlogos Blue that comes on the BMW E60 M5.
Have a look: 2008 BMW M5 | What One Million Dollars Buy
IMO, that is the best shade of blue, ever!
Sahil, interesting shade this IL blue. Have seen it on M5 and I agree, it does looks good. But I am still game for Aqua Blue. May be I could do with some Pearl effect on this Aqua Blue! What say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Lovely, this confusion struck me also and I shall share my experiences with you. The paintjob has been on my list also for quite sometime now, and I had the same color in Mind the Milano red. I went around searching for paint shops who could do justice to my color and car but honestly could not find any decent option.

I could find only workshop which had done a Red Honda City whose quality was good but the cost was upward of a Lakh rupee for a full repaint as this shade apparently had two three coats. I further dropped the idea because the Civic is generally parked outside my house and the risk of damaging such an expensive paint was high. So I stuck to the white only. Saved that money and got myself the suspension kit
Aha. I knew you were looking for paint job, Manan. Who did you contact for the quote in your case? Was it Pandit's or Patel Auto?

Good decision, utilizing those extra bucks with Tein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Since you say that you meet with professionals due to your work,RED would be too loud(but otherwise its the best).

Aqua Blue will look more sober yet sporty. For me Aqua Blue it is.
This is the sole reason why Aqua Blue was introduced in the equation and now, I feel like this may be the best choice of them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
At the risk of sounding like a spoil sport. My 2 cents

What is the need for a re-paint? If you want to re-paint because the current colour has lost its shine. Get detailing work done and get that shine back. Good detailing work can take years of the car and costs a fraction.

I am saying the above because you need to project the professional image to your clients. If you were using this car for your weekend drive then go with your heart. Red it should be.
No offence taken and your's is a justifiable query, mac187. The reason for the paintjob is simple, to make the car stand out of the thousands of Civics you encounter on road everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
A Bit out context..but relevant

In UK the change of colour of your car needs to be updated with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).

I guess something similar might apply here also any guesses ??
Yep, you need to notify the RTO with regard to the color change and they should approve it before you proceed with color change.
Old 8th September 2011, 15:23   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Best of luck with your repainting. I hope your dilemma is over and you have finalised the shade. Do keep us updated with your decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks