Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 20:59   #826
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Clean the A/C heat exchanger (in front of the radiator) with water to remove any dust/debris that restricts air flow. It could've been missed in service.
Yup, that's a easy DIY. I will do it once I return to town next week and see if there is change in A/C performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Do you hear a hissing noise when the compressor cuts in??
Nothing as such.
Old 27th May 2012, 11:35   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause

Clean the A/C heat exchanger (in front of the radiator) with water to remove any dust/debris that restricts air flow. It could've been missed in service.

Do you hear a hissing noise when the compressor cuts in??
What about the hissing sound, I do hear it in my car.

Thanks!
Old 27th May 2012, 22:44   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
What about the hissing sound, I do hear it in my car.

Thanks!
If the hissing noise is prominent and occurs for 10-15 seconds each time the compressor kicks in, it signals that you are low on refrigerant. Usually when this happens, the compressor gets overworked & cuts off before the cooling level is attained.
JustCause is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 22:49   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause

If the hissing noise is prominent and occurs for 10-15 seconds each time the compressor kicks in, it signals that you are low on refrigerant. Usually when this happens, the compressor gets overworked & cuts off before the cooling level is attained.
Its almost time for the service and it's good to know. It is strange that a car approaching 2 year mark have this issue that too from reliable Honda.
However, the car is chilling adequately but all blowers are towards me as I am the sole soul in it

I will take it up with the Service engineer. Is there a way to find out if they have done the top up correctly?
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:44   #830
Senior - BHPian

Right now I am at Ring Road Honda to get the car checked and they have said that the condenser is leak and there is no gas in the system. A/C Cooling is Zero.

Looks like condenser will be replaced.

Will update as soon as I get more details from RR guys.
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:01   #831
Senior - BHPian

So the culprit was the A/C Condenser, it was leak.

RR Honda guys replaced the new condenser under warranty and filled fresh gas. I was not charged even a single rupee but the part costs Rs. 15800 + 12.5% VAT + Refrigerant filling + Labour = 20K+.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-1.jpg

They also gave me a gift (Wall scenery) and apologized for the inconvenience caused.

Have a look at the photo - the condenser is separate part from the radiator and I thought that radiator/condenser are combined.
Now the A/C is chilling just like before.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00362201206021457.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00361201206021457.jpg

Well I am disappointed because of these issues like failed A/C condenser, power window switch set, and faulty horns with a new car (not even 2 years old and just crossed 10K KMs). These issues were not expected but I am happy with the way Ring Road Honda guys attended the issues.

PS - Guys have a look at the pamphlet of Honda road side assistance. It clearly mentions that they attend even for flat tyre/dead battery related problems.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-2.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd June 2012 at 19:14.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:51   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
So the culprit was the A/C Condenser, it was leak.

Now the A/C is chilling just like before.

Well I am disappointed because of these issues like failed A/C condenser, power window switch set, and faulty horns with a new car (not even 2 years old and just crossed 10K KMs).

PS - Guys have a look at the pamphlet of Honda road side assistance. It clearly mentions that they attend even for flat tyre/dead battery related problems.
Great that the car is back to chilling best. I got the hissing sound from the AC and will get the car looked at soon. It makes every city owner a bit uncomfortable looking at your parts issues. But car finally in shape is shape and that's great.

Thanks for the kind reminder on Honda RSA.
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:50   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Great that the car is back to chilling best. I got the hissing sound from the AC and will get the car looked at soon. It makes every city owner a bit uncomfortable looking at your parts issues. But car finally in shape is shape and that's great.
Well honestly speaking I am not happy at all because of these issues. My 5 year old WagonR never gave me a chance to visit SVC except for routine service but here I have claimed 3 parts under warranty. Never Expected from a Honda car. But then even a Honda is designed by human beings.

Only good thing is that warranty service is hassle free and I 'Expect' the car to be OK from now on.

Last edited by bluevolt : 3rd June 2012 at 12:51.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:03   #834
BHPian

An observation. I've been noticing that my mileage indicator has been stuck at 12.9 km/l for 2 weeks or so. This is the 2nd time im experiencing it getting stuck at a point , even getting your foot of the throttle doesn't make a difference.. Whenever this happens , the trip meter would have covered probably 700 kms or so. When i reset the trip meter , it resets the mileage as well, and starts learning again.

I had shown my SA this phenomenon earlier , and he told me that the memory gets full and so you have to reset the trip meter then. Is it so? and have you guys also experienced the same?
Old 4th June 2012, 21:35   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
An observation. I've been noticing that my mileage indicator has been stuck at 12.9 km/l for 2 weeks or so. This is the 2nd time im experiencing it getting stuck at a point , even getting your foot of the throttle doesn't make a difference.. Whenever this happens , the trip meter would have covered probably 700 kms or so. When i reset the trip meter , it resets the mileage as well, and starts learning again.

I had shown my SA this phenomenon earlier , and he told me that the memory gets full and so you have to reset the trip meter then. Is it so? and have you guys also experienced the same?
Sometimes my mileage indicator too remains constant like 13.2, no matter how I am driving. I reset it and it starts working normal again. But this has happened only 2-3 times till date.

In your case does the mileage never crosses 12.9 KMPL even after resetting the MID?
Old 4th June 2012, 22:05   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Sometimes my mileage indicator too remains constant like 13.2, no matter how I am driving. I reset it and it starts working normal again. But this has happened only 2-3 times till date.

In your case does the mileage never crosses 12.9 KMPL even after resetting the MID?
After resetting , it starts all over again, doesn't get stuck at 12.9 always.

When your mileage remained constant , did you check the trip meter ? Mine was around 700kms both times this occurred. So i guess we need to reset the trip meter occasionally .
Old 4th June 2012, 22:22   #837
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

IMO, there's a simple explanation to it.

As the distance travelled goes on increasing, the FE movement will go down because the distance travelled will be too high. Since denominator to FE is distance, the variation in momentary FE won't be high enough to cause a change in the overall FE. Just a thought.

Once you reset it, the distance travelled for which it calculates FE becomes 0 and hence, FE variation becomes significant.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 23:28   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After resetting , it starts all over again, doesn't get stuck at 12.9 always.

When your mileage remained constant , did you check the trip meter ? Mine was around 700kms both times this occurred. So i guess we need to reset the trip meter occasionally .
Not 700 but this happened when fuel tank was almost empty i.e. must be around 400-500KMs. I always reset meter upon refueling.
Old 5th June 2012, 15:04   #839
BHPian

I went through the entire 56 pages this past couple of days! Brilliant stuff. I have to write one up for my ANHC that i bought in November 2011. Hope to post it in a few days here

I just finished my third free service last yesterday
vikramv1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 21:33   #840
Senior - BHPian

My 2000th Post and it had to be on this thread. Feeling great on scoring a twenty tonner.

It's exactly one and a half years since I joined Team-BHP and I must say that I have learned a lot from this site. Not only about automobiles but about various aspects of life through Shifting gears section - one of the best forums after Official Test drives forums. In this journey of life I hope the process of acquisition of knowledge from Team-BHP will continue.

It is my duty to maintain the spirit of Team-BHP by following it's rules and I will be extremely happy if even one of my post helped a fellow BHPian/guest visitor.

I, The BHPian feels proud to be member of this automobile epic known as Team-BHP.

A pic to memorize the occasion for long in my heart. Long Live Team-BHP!

"The Key to Success Err i-VTEC!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2112-2.jpg

PS - Venus has completed 11,000KMs today and A/C is chilling cabin in no time after condenser replacement and in fact I have to switch off the A/C in the evening. Mileage is on lower side, around 12.6KMPL on MID in city traffic with A/C 99% On.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks