Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 23:19   #781
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2012 at 18:34.
00nuts001 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st April 2012, 09:47   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Yup No choice except driving with window up all the time. It is not bothering me much as A/C is used all the time but definitely a problem while folding/unfolding ORVM.

Forget about other parts, they even don't have the body cover in stock (my current one is getting old).
Besides, it being summer this shouldn't be of too much bother. If only the City had electrically retractable ORVMs.

OEM body cover for the City should be available at aftermarket shops. Did you try them? My accessory guy had one available with him, but since I got it free from the dealer I passed on that.

Quote:
And this evening, Venus crossed the long awaited 10,000 KM Milestone!

Update on power window switch issue.

I received a call from Ring Road Honda and they told me that the switch assy has been dispatched from Mumbai and will reach RR Honda by Monday. So I am hopeful that my car will be OK by early next week.
Congrats on the big 10K! A celebration is in order. Venus is going from strength to strength!

They are changing only the switch, right, and not the motor also? Waiting to hear from you regarding this when it's all done.

Quote:
Most probably I will get a aftermarket exhaust pipe finisher this time. I have tried couple of car accessories shops but found nothing satisfactory till date.
How does this one look?

Honda City, I-vtec Oval Inlet Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe | eBay

Found another which is close to the OEM one, but not sure if it will fit -

Car Universal 2.5" Inch Inlet Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
A small issue like this one would be much more frustrating than other niggling issues since it's driver side window. Had faced it with my Palio earlier. Since the window would not roll down, I had to open the door itself everywhere from Office Gate security to toll booths to Malls entrances etc, etc !! was sooooooo frustrated that I wanted to retire the 9 year old Palio !! Finally the WD40 spray saved my day !!
Frustrating, indeed, and a pain. But the solution was the WD40 spray?? I am curious to know more, junkishya!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 14:34   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Frustrating, indeed, and a pain. But the solution was the WD40 spray?? I am curious to know more, junkishya!
Concord (Tata) Services guys kept on telling me that the driver side window switch assembly was faulty. However on a couple of occasions when the door was open, the switch worked fine. Hence I wasn't sure if he had diagnosed the problem correctly. Figured out that there's a round electrical connector near the door hinges which connects the wiring inside the car door to the main electrical harness. This connector needs to be disconnected in case the entire door needs to be taken away from the car.

Disconnected the connector, sprayed good amount of ECC (LPS contact cleaner) on both contact ends to clean up any dirt followed by a light spray of WD40.

The problem was because of loose contact in that connector but not in the switch. ECC + WD40 solved by problem.

For the City, the 4 window switches would probably come as a single cluster; the whole cluster would be changed instead of 1 single switch, hence the high price of Rs. 3,000. It was Rs. 1400 for the 2 switch cluster in Palio.
junkishya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 17:25   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Besides, it being summer this shouldn't be of too much bother. If only the City had electrically retractable ORVMs.
+1

Quote:
OEM body cover for the City should be available at aftermarket shops. Did you try them? My accessory guy had one available with him, but since I got it free from the dealer I passed on that.

I have tried couple of shops but those aftermarket covers don't have antenna hood, meaning I have to unscrew the antenna every time for covering! Let's see If I could find a suitable aftermarket cover.

Quote:
Congrats on the big 10K! A celebration is in order. Venus is going from strength to strength!

Thanks. Crossing 10K KM is like turning 18 years old. Now Venus is much mature and ready to face serious challenges ahead!

Quote:

Found another which is close to the OEM one, but not sure if it will fit -

Car Universal 2.5" Inch Inlet Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe | eBay
This one looks good and priced well too! But only issue is that if I order online and if it will not fit then my money will be wasted. I am looking for same type of product at all neighborhood car accessory shops, the benefit is that they will fit in front of me and if it doesn't work then they will take the piece back without asking any question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
For the City, the 4 window switches would probably come as a single cluster; the whole cluster would be changed instead of 1 single switch, hence the high price of Rs. 3,000. It was Rs. 1400 for the 2 switch cluster in Palio.
Quote:
They are changing only the switch, right, and not the motor also? Waiting to hear from you regarding this when it's all done.
I received a call from RR Honda @ 9AM that part has arrived and I may come anytime to get it replaced. I went there this afternoon for the replacement job. It took hardly 20 minutes and my car was handed over to me. Now I must say because I didn't bothered to ask if only single switch was replaced or complete assy is replaced (most probably I guess it is latter case because in the Invoice receipt the product is mentioned as 'Switch Assy'. Now this costs 3600 + 12.5% VAT if my car was out of warranty.

Now the funny thing, the Service adviser told me that the switch set has gone kaput because of the sun film I have installed. When I asked her to elaborate she said that 'there is friction while window up-down operation due to film installation and because of this the switch died, I was almost like this . Without arguing any further I asked for my gate pass and came back home.

How could the sun film damage the power window switch set? There is absolutely no relation between the sun film and window/switch IMO.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc06656-1.jpg

What's this white material?

Here is the official price list of Honda City Accessories and they are damn expensive! One must have either lots of black money or rob a bank to install these accessories!
It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc06656-2.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc06656-3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2012 at 18:35. Reason: Quoted post deleted
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 20:33   #785
BHPian

Quote:
How could the sun film damage the power window switch set? There is absolutely no relation between the sun film and window/switch IMO.
Pretty innovative reasoning !! It could go kaput if water accidentally enters the switch but sun-film friction causing damage to switch is a first !!
Old 25th April 2012, 10:38   #786
BHPian

Hey Anmol, Many many congratulations on the 10k mark for Venus. It's must make you feel nostalgic ..18" till I die.

Wish your love affair with Venus continues for a very long time.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 23:01   #787

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

@mdsaab: could you please help me find a similar spoiler for my Honda. can't track it down on the net.

It will be great help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hey BlueVolt as promised here comes the much awaited pics of my White Babe and its new Ducktail spoiler.
Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Please avoid quoting large/entire posts. It may inconvenience our small-screen/mobile users. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th May 2012 at 02:36. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 10th May 2012, 00:06   #788
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!
Just completed 560 km run in single day and car averaged 28.12 liters for 525 km run 100% AC and variable speeds but below average highway traffic.

With 1500 km done in past week, the car also completed 20,000 km in 23rd month

Very satisfied with the product from Honda, only wants right now, a good headlight upgrade, seat lumbar support (not enough for a 6 footer) and low end grunt from engine. Co-passengers always look suspiciously at me revving the engine though I am only trying to make up for the lost speed at our ill-constructed, I'll-planned and very true to their name speed breakers on the highway.

Kindly suggest the right IDV for the third year of insurance. Is zero depreciation a good choice. Last IDV was ₹ 7,80,000/-

Thanks!
Old 10th May 2012, 10:33   #789
BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderinthestorm View Post
@mdsaab: could you please help me find a similar spoiler for my Honda. can't track it down on the net.

It will be great help!
Its a genuine Honda Modulo accessory.
You can find it in Honda showrooms.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:40   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Hey guys!
Just completed 560 km run in single day and car averaged 28.12 liters for 525 km run 100% AC and variable speeds but below average highway traffic.

With 1500 km done in past week, the car also completed 20,000 km in 23rd month

Kindly suggest the right IDV for the third year of insurance. Is zero depreciation a good choice. Last IDV was ₹ 7,80,000/-

Thanks!

Sn1p3r Congrats for getting this superb average. Can you please elaborate which stretch you drove ( from where to where)

My car is also in 23rd month. Had purchased in June 2010. I have received a insurance quote yesterday from Honda dealer.

IDV -674898 ( inclusive of electrical accessories) 0% dep premium is 22300 and for normal dep is 15326. They are also offering complimentary wax polishing.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:15   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403

Sn1p3r Congrats for getting this superb average. Can you please elaborate which stretch you drove ( from where to where)

My car is also in 23rd month. Had purchased in June 2010. I have received a insurance quote yesterday from Honda dealer.

IDV -674898 ( inclusive of electrical accessories) 0% dep premium is 22300 and for normal dep is 15326. They are also offering complimentary wax polishing.
Thanks! mm403.
I bought the car in the same month as yours. Last year the IDV was ₹ 7,78,000 to be precise and this year either I can keep it in range of 10 to 15% dep. this is my question, what depreciation should I consider. ₹ 7,00,200 or ₹ 6,61,300. Thanks!

Also, the quotes from Bajaj is lowest till date of 12.5k for non zero depreciation and 19k for zero depreciation.

Your quotes vis a vis IDV is too high, is there a claim this year for you?

I had to attend a couple of demonstrations in Dehradun and the run was from Gurgaon to Dehradun via Haridwar. During my last visit the AC came on and off as the weather was very good but this time it was really hot but the economy was great.

I generally am inclined towards drive than efficiency but with co-passengers especially mother I stick to no thrills drive. She does not like road travel. The efficiency is a bi product to her seating as well Total travel time was exact 6 hours each way.

Also, my friend did Dehradun-Lucknow-Kanpur-Lucknow-Dehradun and his total economy for the trip was 13.5 kmpl with AC on and 4 on board. He himself committed that he did some stretches with 19kmpl efficiency and some under 10 with 160kmph ripping.

My overall conclusion to the engine is that it's sensitive to the applied throttle pressure even while you are cruising. Flexible and rewarding for all sorts of drivers (mile crunchers as well as thrill seekers). Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 09:11   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Frustrating, indeed, and a pain. But the solution was the WD40 spray?? I am curious to know more
Quote:
Most probably I will get a aftermarket exhaust pipe finisher this time.
Quote:
Wooohoooo!
These days I see a lot of City new and old, think Honda stuck a nice price point and is selling again
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Its a genuine Honda Modulo accessory.
Quote:
Thanks!
Sorry for the completely off-topic reference.

Guys need your help urgently. My city was lying parked for about a month as I was away traveling off and on on work. Today morning I though of taking it for a spin, however the car just didn't start. I tried cranking it a couple of times but it just wouldn't come to life.

Not sure what exactly is wrong. The ABS, Door Alarm, Cabin light all were lit and looked ok. But on cranking the light went off but engine did not start. Any guesses what seems to be the problem? Please help guys.

Mods: Sorry for this multi quote but just had to draw attention of experts to help me troubleshoot. Please excuse.
Old 11th May 2012, 09:23   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra
Not sure what exactly is wrong. The ABS, Door Alarm, Cabin light all were lit and looked ok. But on cranking the light went off but engine did not start. Any guesses what seems to be the problem? Please help guys.
Best would be to call Honda Helpline and get it checked. I am sure the battery won't get knocked off this soon if it has then you need to get the wires checked for leakage.

I wouldn't crank the engine repeatedly. However, try a push start once. Silly but is there ample petrol in the car? is the car inbuilt immobilizer reading the right key.

Call 24x7 helpline. You paid for it. Cheers!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 11th May 2012 at 09:25.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 09:49   #794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Guys need your help urgently. My city was lying parked for about a month as I was away traveling off and on on work. Today morning I though of taking it for a spin, however the car just didn't start. I tried cranking it a couple of times but it just wouldn't come to life.

Most likely it is the battery; probably too drained (but not dead) to crank the engine.

Call up the Honda Helpline; they'll check the battery levels and jump-start the car for you. If your car has the zero maintenance battery, you just have to hope the battery can recharge itself; if it is not the zero-maintenance battery, you can have it charged overnight at a battery shop.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 11:19   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Best would be to call Honda Helpline and get it checked. Silly but is there ample petrol in the car? is the car inbuilt immobilizer reading the right key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Most likely it is the battery; probably too drained (but not dead) to crank the engine. Call up the Honda Helpline; they'll check the battery levels and jump-start the car for you.

Thanks Sn1p3r & libran. I'd call honda helpline. They directed me to another toll free number for City 1800 113 121, who then directed me to call the dealer helpline. After several attempts the dealer helpline connected my call to the break down van.

The break down guy tells me he's already scheduled for 2 more break downs so he won't be able to make it before night. Then he goes on to tell me there's nothing more than a dead battery so its better if I call a local mechanic to jump start. I questioned him on why should I use a local mechanic when I have Honda RSA, he tells me that RSA is not for such petty things and disconnects the call.

I'm not going to take this lying down. But before this I need to start my car. You think I should do this myself or call the local mechanic?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks