Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 21:56   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Better late than never, Let me wish Venus a very happy valentine's day.
These lines are from one of my favorite song 'queen of my heart by westlife'

So here we stand
In our secret place
With a sound of the crowd
So far away
And you take my hand
And it feels like home
We both understand
It's where we belong

So how do I say?
Do I say goodbye?
We both have our dreams
We both wanna fly
So let's take tonight
To carry us through
The lonely times

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1097.nefbordermaker.jpg

I'll always look back
As I walk away
This memory
Will last for eternity
And all of our tears
Will be lost in the rain
When I've found my way
Back to your arms again
But until that day
You know you are
The queen of my heart

So let's take tonight
And never let go
While dancing we'll kiss
Like there's no tomorrow
As the stars sparkle down
Like a diamond ring
I'll treasure this moment
Till we meet again

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1099.nefbordermaker.jpg

But no matter how far
Or where you may be
I just close my eyes
And you're in my dreams
And there you will be
Until we meet

Oh yeah

You're the
Queen of my heart

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc_1110.nefbordermaker.jpg

Venus crossed 9300 KM today with RTMI proudly displaying 15.4 KMPL figure. Now the sad part - I will be hopping out of station for next 30-40 days and Venus will not be in full action, Though I will be at home once in a week but she will be hardly driven. :(

From Venus with love - See you soon guys! (of course I will be on Team-BHP 24*7 but she will be out of action).

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th February 2012 at 22:04.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 18:53   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Hello Guys!!

Please help me with the procurement of the Honda Mugen logo, provide details of the vendor so that I can purchase it.
Have you got the logo?

If not then try this link - (not sure if they ship to India)

red honda emblem | eBay

BHpian Vtecguy got one for himself from some source for Rs.550. He is out of action for a while and I am too waiting for his reply.
Old 21st February 2012, 14:33   #663
Senior - BHPian

Venus got a much deserved tyre care product - Formula one Black Gold Tyre shiner. I bought this one for Rs.400. Product looks original as it has import sticker and all logos look fine. I can use this spray for 32 tyres i.e. at least 6-8 applications. Let me use it and I will post a pic of after and before and also see how long it lasts.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-formula-1.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-formula-2.jpg
Old 21st February 2012, 17:21   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran

Thanks. I'll test my precise top speed with this (if I get an opportunity) during my next trip.
I checked the speed with the digital speedo yesterday on Mumbai-Pune expressway. It matches the speed shown by the GPS based apps. It makes me wonder whether Honda has included a GPS device for the digital speedo😳
Old 24th February 2012, 19:07   #665
BHPian

Firstly, thanks all for sharing your knowledge and experiences with cars.
I have spent countless hours scouring these posts and enjoyed them immensely.

But now I need some advice.

I have decided to book the new Honda City S-MT in a few days, for which I'd appreciate your help in making some choices.

1. Insurance: My current vehicle, Santro Xing XO, will complete 5 yrs in May with no claims made on its Cholamandalam policy.

Pride Honda (Madhapur, Hyderabad) is quoting Rs. 30k for insurance. After enquiries on Apnaloan.com, I got a call from L&T insurance

who have quoted Rs.11.5k after the no-claims discount of 45% and another 35% given to new Honda cars. Final figure is inclusive of some

misc charges & tax ).
Is there anything I need to make absolutely sure before I buy insurance from L&T. Is there a preferred insurer for Honda?

For instance, I found out (from a Hyundai dealer) that New India insurance is preferred for Hyundai because they allow paint touch-ups on body

and both bumpers even if claim is for one bumper. Should I get 'zero depreciation policy"? I heard that for a nominal amount (Rs. 100 per person)

I can get 5 passengers apart from me insured.

2. Tyres/Alloys: Which tyres should I insist on getting as standard issue. Can I use the factory fitted alloys for Michelin 195/60 R15

( replacing the standard 175s). Will changing the tyres affect the warranty in any way (pardon my ignorance).
Will changing to Michelin affect the dynamics, tyre noise and/or safety aspects of the car? If I can replace the standard tyres, what price

should I expect in exchange and from whom?

3. Exterior protection: Pls suggest how to best protect the exteriors including under body ( 3M, Teflon etc).

4. Performance upgrades: Guess I should not be tinkering with a new car and just enjoy its reliability, but is there anyway I can raise the hp or

torque without detrimental effects on safety and/or warranty. I always hear about Red Rooster upgrades, but is it recommended just yet?

5. Freebies: What freebies should I insist the dealer offer me (cover, cushions?)

6. Handling and Registration: Is there a way I can incur lower costs here?

7. Immobiliser: I guess it a standard, so will I need Auto cop?

8. I saw some really cool head units that have blue tooth and can even connect to my iphone. If only the standard equipment was equally capable.

9. I remember paying Rs. 50k as booking amount for my Santro in 2007. Should I insist the dealer to accept initial amount without extra charges?

10. Planning to get 3rd & 4th yr/80,000km Extended Warranty and 4yr cover for Road Side Assistance. Am I being overcautious?

11. Do the wind shield and other glasses already have a tint?

12. Things to watch with I am selling my old car ( documentation & transfer ).

13. Kindly share if I am missing something.
Old 25th February 2012, 21:17   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
Firstly, thanks all for sharing your knowledge and experiences with cars.
I have spent countless hours scouring these posts and enjoyed them immensely.
Thanks tamsaif, I am happy that this thread is helpful to you.

Quote:
But now I need some advice.
I will try my best to help.

Quote:
I have decided to book the new Honda City S-MT in a few days, for which I'd appreciate your help in making some choices.
First of all many congratulations on booking Honda City.

Quote:
1. Insurance: My current vehicle, Santro Xing XO, will complete 5 yrs in May with no claims made on its Cholamandalam policy.

Pride Honda (Madhapur, Hyderabad) is quoting Rs. 30k for insurance. After enquiries on Apnaloan.com, I got a call from L&T insurance

who have quoted Rs.11.5k after the no-claims discount of 45% and another 35% given to new Honda cars. Final figure is inclusive of some

misc charges & tax ).
Is there anything I need to make absolutely sure before I buy insurance from L&T. Is there a preferred insurer for Honda?

For instance, I found out (from a Hyundai dealer) that New India insurance is preferred for Hyundai because they allow paint touch-ups on body

and both bumpers even if claim is for one bumper. Should I get 'zero depreciation policy"?
Honda has their own Insurance program known as Honda Assure. They have tie ups with companies like Ifco tokyo, national insurance company, bajaj allianze, royal sundaram and universal sompo general insurance. I will advice you to opt for Honda assure which comes with 0 dep scheme. If you are willing to get it done yourself than opt for companies which have tie up with Honda like bajaj allianze. I guess you still can transfer your NCB to Honda assure policy. Please do confirm this from your sales representative.

Quote:
2. Tyres/Alloys: Which tyres should I insist on getting as standard issue. Can I use the factory fitted alloys for Michelin 195/60 R15

( replacing the standard 175s). Will changing the tyres affect the warranty in any way (pardon my ignorance).
Will changing to Michelin affect the dynamics, tyre noise and/or safety aspects of the car? If I can replace the standard tyres, what price

should I expect in exchange and from whom?
You ask your sales person to give you a car which comes with stock michellins. Later you can upgrade to 195 sections and I think stock alloys are fine for this size.

Quote:
3. Exterior protection: Pls suggest how to best protect the exteriors including under body ( 3M, Teflon etc).
If it is too humid and rainy in your City then you should go for underbody protection. For exteriors you can opt for 3M exterior care. And regularly use Carnauba waxes like Formula one and Collinite to maintain the gloss.

Quote:
4. Performance upgrades: Guess I should not be tinkering with a new car and just enjoy its reliability, but is there anyway I can raise the hp or

torque without detrimental effects on safety and/or warranty. I always hear about Red Rooster upgrades, but is it recommended just yet?
I am a guy who prefers to keep the cars as stock as possible and I am complete noob when it comes to performance mods. I will request experts to shed some light on this.

Quote:
5. Freebies: What freebies should I insist the dealer offer me (cover, cushions?)
Try to get as much as cash discount as possible along with freebies like car cover, cushions, etc.

Quote:
6. Handling and Registration: Is there a way I can incur lower costs here?
If you register the car yourself you can save couple of thousand or more but I will suggest you against it for peace of mind.

Quote:
SMT comes with factory key less entry system along with immobilizer. No need of autocop.

Quote:
8. I saw some really cool head units that have blue tooth and can even connect to my iphone. If only the standard equipment was equally capable.
Sigh!

Quote:
9. I remember paying Rs. 50k as booking amount for my Santro in 2007. Should I insist the dealer to accept initial amount without extra charges?
Normally dealers ask for fixed amount of money for booking. I also paid 50K for booking.

Quote:
10. Planning to get 3rd & 4th yr/80,000km Extended Warranty and 4yr cover for Road Side Assistance. Am I being overcautious?
Earlier we used to get 4 + 4 year program as standard but now it is available on cost. With an Honda you can live trouble free for years. IMHO this is not required but go for it for extra peace of mind. It's worth the cost.

Quote:
For better AC performance I advise you to go for good aftermarket sun films.

Quote:
12. Things to watch with I am selling my old car ( documentation & transfer ).
Make sure you sell your car to a reliable party and also make sure that the car is transferred to his name so that you are not liable after selling it.

Quote:
13. Kindly share if I am missing something.
Just rev the i-VTEC and enjoy!

Please share the final OTR and which color have you opted?

Last edited by bluevolt : 25th February 2012 at 21:25.
Old 26th February 2012, 08:58   #667
BHPian

thanks bluevolt. can you tell me what is the best deal i can get for stick tyres in exchange for Michelin 195s. cheers.

thanks bluevolt. what is the best deal i should look for to exchange stock michelins.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2012 at 20:48. Reason: merging back-to-back posts.
Old 26th February 2012, 10:20   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks bluevolt. can you tell me what is the best deal i can get for stick tyres in exchange for Michelin 195s. cheers.
195 section is correct size which will give you best of both worlds i.e. handling and mileage.

It will depend on tyre dealer what price he gives for your stock tyres. Generally new stock tyres are purchased with minimal depreciation.
Old 26th February 2012, 10:43   #669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Should I get 'zero depreciation policy"? I heard that for a nominal amount (Rs. 100 per person)

I can get 5 passengers apart from me insured.
Yea, do get the Zero-dep policy.

Do get the Rs. 100/person add-on on your policy.

Quote:
Chuck cover and cushions, see if you can get a cash discount or Extended Warranty/RSA.

Quote:
Autocop will give you remote entry; along with alarms. Not exactly mandatory so you could skip.

Quote:
Not at all. It is ideal that you get the 2+2 Extended Warranty and Road-Side Assistance. It's a pity that it needs to be paid for now; I luckily got it free.

Quote:
Make sure the rear windshield doesn't have tints.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 17:56   #670
BHPian

@bluevolt: i want it in urban titanium metallic. will share OTR once I book it this week, hopefully.

@libranof1987: can i get lumar screen done on front and rear glasses?
Old 26th February 2012, 18:23   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
can you tell me what is the best deal i can get for stick tyres in exchange for Michelin 195s
Opinions over NVH levels, tyre noise, ride comfort, car bottoming out vary from person to person and car to car.

So, take the delivery of your car and check if you're satisfied with how the OEM tyres behave. ONLY then go for a tyre upgrade.

Tyre upgrade will hit FE so decide which side of the bargain you want to be on.

MODS : this post showed up after I'd replied hence the B2B replies.
Old 26th February 2012, 20:39   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@bluevolt: i want it in urban titanium metallic. will share OTR once I book it this week, hopefully.

Urban titanium is good color. You can get the film on front but for rear you have to make sure that the defogger wires don't get cut while installing. If a wire gets cut it is nearly impossible to repair it and one has to replace complete glass which is quite expensive.

For safety reasons I have put film on outside of rear glass.

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th February 2012 at 20:43.
Old 27th February 2012, 01:55   #673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For the front screen - yes.

For the rear - yes, but make sure you have it pasted on the OUTSIDE. Since the City has a defogger, a tint will interfere with the heating.
Old 27th February 2012, 08:15   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

For the front screen - yes.

For the rear - yes, but make sure you have it pasted on the OUTSIDE. Since the City has a defogger, a tint will interfere with the heating.
Guys, I got the tint for rear fitted from inside and the defogger has worked like a charm. I guess I was lucky with the installer.
I recommend that you don't go with tint more less than 70% visibility. I have seen many friends having issues with darker shades even during evenings and they then convert the headlamps to over compensate the situation. This is not healthy. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 14:14   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Guys, I got the tint for rear fitted from inside and the defogger has worked like a charm. I guess I was lucky with the installer.
This really depends on the installer. If you are getting a branded film than those people are expert enough to do this job from inside otherwise if one get local films than it should be fitted strictly from outside. I have local films and guy was not expert enough so I asked him to put that from outside only.

And one harm of getting the film installed from inside is that you can not remove the film and it will damage the heater wires for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I recommend that you don't go with tint more less than 70% visibility. I have seen many friends having issues with darker shades even during evenings and they then convert the headlamps to over compensate the situation. This is not healthy. Cheers!
I am really suffering because of this as I have got 30% visibility on rear and reversing in night is tough task. And we know it is quite difficult to reverse Honda City even without any films.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th February 2012 at 14:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks