Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 19:49   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar@v1nd View Post
Me too but I was just hoping I can see it in writing somewhere that service interval is 6 months/5K for warranty to be intact.
First of all I hope that I never require warranty services which is quite impossible.

The other thing is that no matter how strictly you follow company rules and recommendations - they can refuse to honor warranty with any excuse they seem to fit the condition.

We should not worry much as majority of Honda owners follow 6 month and 5K KM schedule. The 3 month recommendation is for Civic also but owners follow the former schedule.
Old 17th January 2012, 21:35   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
We should not worry much as majority of Honda owners follow 6 month and 5K KM schedule. The 3 month recommendation is for Civic also but owners follow the former schedule.
Honda does use semi-synthetic that too an OEM oil that they do not divulge the information for.
6 months is what is written in the owner manual (will need to refer to put an exact page number) however, again not certain how it originated but most dealers would pester owners to get it serviced every 3 months, which is lame given that the company makes one of the most reliable engines.

Pearl honda and Ring road honda both start calling the prospects at end of three months and you need to explicitly tell them to not call or call after 6 months that they agree to instantly. I make sure that the car is serviced at 5k and currently it's every 5 months so the engine oil change is done and regular service is done which is good in dusty conditions of Gurgaon.

All Honda owners that I know of are in 6 months bracket too.
Old 17th January 2012, 22:17   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Honda does use semi-synthetic that too an OEM oil that they do not divulge the information for.
6 months is what is written in the owner manual (will need to refer to put an exact page number) however, again not certain how it originated but most dealers would pester owners to get it serviced every 3 months, which is lame given that the company makes one of the most reliable engines.

Pearl honda and Ring road honda both start calling the prospects at end of three months and you need to explicitly tell them to not call or call after 6 months that they agree to instantly. I make sure that the car is serviced at 5k and currently it's every 5 months so the engine oil change is done and regular service is done which is good in dusty conditions of Gurgaon.

All Honda owners that I know of are in 6 months bracket too.
If we look at the page number 25-26 of warranty booklet and 219-220 of owner's manual, they have listed some jobs like inspection of brakes, exhaust system every 3 month or 5000 KMs which is certainly not possible for every owner.

In fact, the maintenance schedule by Honda is quite confusing. For example they suggest oil filter and oil replacement every 6 month while KM wise it is 5,000 KM for engine oil and 10,000 Km for oil filter.

How can I replace oil filter every six month?

And irrespective of what is written in manuals they didn't changed oil filter even at 15K KM service as reported by Nishad few posts back.

Once again I request all to follow 5K KM/6 month schedule.
Old 18th January 2012, 07:15   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
For example they suggest oil filter and oil replacement every 6 month while KM wise it is 5,000 KM for engine oil and 10,000 Km for oil filter.
Hi bluevolt,
'twas good catching up on your thread !
Am a little puzzled by the words above. Shouldn't the oil filter be replaced, as as standard practice, everytime you change the engine oil ? So how can there be a difference while recommending changes for the oil filter and oil in terms of the KMs ?
One thing I have found among almost all the auto companies here - the Owner's Manuals and Service Manuals are downright lousy, full of technical and grammatical erors and has been given no attention at all ! Possibly done by a set of guys from the non tech departments who get low performance ratings or an activity totally outsourced.
I specifically reconfirm all guidelines given in the booklets with some contact in the company/ASC or groups like ours before believing any of it. Has been a practice for some years now.
And make notes in the manual validating the same - especially service guidelines.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 19:43   #620
Senior - BHPian

Guys I hope you are aware of this.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc05942bordermaker.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc05947bordermaker.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc05948bordermaker.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc05949bordermaker.jpg

I can charge my blackberry from the USB hub of the ICE head unit. Don't need external 12V charger anymore.

Enjoy!

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th January 2012 at 19:44.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 21:34   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I hope you are aware of this...

Enjoy!
You can charge any phone that supports the micro-USB standard for charging. Newer Nokias & LG, Samsung phones have this feature. The catch is that the USB port is limited to 500mA, while the charger is 1200mA. It takes more than twice as long to charge using micro-USB. It is nice that phones are switching to this universal standard. Atleast for emergency use, you don't have to hunt for a special micro-USB charger & can charge off a laptop, desktop or your car.

I keep 12V-USB port car adapter for this purpose. It is a chinese make purchased from Croma and it gives 1100mA per port.
JustCause is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 16:31   #622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have you confirmed the price of oil filter from Pearl Honda? And what they said on not replacing it even on 15K KM service?
I just confirmed with Pearl Honda; the Oil filter was replaced during the 10k kms.

Quote:
I can charge my blackberry from the USB hub of the ICE head unit. Don't need external 12V charger anymore.
I thought about this too. But.. the primary source of music in the car is the USB stick and it becomes irritating to stop listening to music just because the phone(s) need charging; especially on a long drive.

So, I promptly bought a nice Blackberry Car Charger : Rs. 599 (I've listed it in my ownership thread). No multi-tasking there!

But yea, charging the phone thru' the ICE is a good stop-gap, emergency solution.
Old 19th January 2012, 18:48   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I thought about this too. But.. the primary source of music in the car is the USB stick and it becomes irritating to stop listening to music just because the phone(s) need charging; especially on a long drive.
+1,

But the good thing is that at least the FM works while charging from USB.
Old 28th January 2012, 00:01   #624
Senior - BHPian

28 January, 2012 – It’s exactly one year since I started this thread. So to mark this occasion I thought of sharing few pics of Venus. I wish to thank all members and fellow Honda City owners who shared their valuable insights in this thread and cleared my queries. I hope it was and will be useful for many owners and prospective City buyers.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-4.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-5.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-6.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-7.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-8.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-9.jpg
Old 28th January 2012, 00:10   #625
dot
Senior - BHPian

Venus looks all primed up even after a year. What about a new set of alloys?
Old 28th January 2012, 00:32   #626
BHPian

Happy birthday to your excellent thread-BV. Your thread had been a real inspiration to my pre-BHPian and newbie days. And it still is a great influence.Glad to see it still going great guns.

Venus looks as enchanting ever-wearing that mesmerising red lipstick. How about a set of diamond studs ie.ORVMs with turning indicators for her as a birthday present?

Have you really scraped the idea of chrome exhaust tip? As dot suggested,how about a new set of alloys and a tyre upgrade too?
Old 28th January 2012, 10:18   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Venus looks all primed up even after a year. What about a new set of alloys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
As dot suggested,how about a new set of alloys and a tyre upgrade too?
Thanks Mate, Regarding alloys I have this impression in my mind that the conditions in which I drive may damage the alloy and I feel steel wheels are doing wonderful job as far as sturdiness is concerned. Alloys and tyre upgrade only after finishing the current set of tyres - may be by 40-50K KMs.

Quote:
Happy birthday to your excellent thread-BV. Your thread had been a real inspiration to my pre-BHPian and newbie days. And it still is a great influence.Glad to see it still going great guns.
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Venus looks as enchanting ever-wearing that mesmerising red lipstick. How about a set of diamond studs ie.ORVMs with turning indicators for her as a birthday present?
I will inquire Honda people if the new variant's indicator integrated ORVMs can be installed on the previous variant. Let's see what's the cost as we know Honda accessories cost a bomb. I will definitely not get those after market covers. Will update how much the OEM ORVM's costs.

Quote:
Have you really scraped the idea of chrome exhaust tip?
As of now Yes.
Old 28th January 2012, 13:03   #628
Senior - BHPian

Achieved this awesome figure while returning from a marriage last night. road is NH1 (Bypaas-Pala road) - time 9:30 PM.

The key to fabulous MID reading is a light foot on the accelerator. Press the accelerator as light as you can and see those figures on MID.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-img00377201201271952.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th January 2012 at 13:05.
Old 28th January 2012, 16:30   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Charthom,

I just inquired the prices of ORVM's with integrated indicators and I was shocked to hear over 8K + taxes + fitting for a pair (agent was not sure about exact amount as he said the cost could be more). ORVMs minus blinkers cost over 7.5 K + taxes + painting charges + fitting charges.

Last edited by bluevolt : 28th January 2012 at 16:33.
Old 28th January 2012, 16:32   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Achieved this awesome figure while returning from a marriage last night.
Great figures,Bluevolt. You really have a good technique!!

BV,by the way, I am leaving Turkey shortly-going offline :-(

Sailing for the black sea port of Tuapse in Russia tomorrow. Will appear again when the internet is available.

Happy revving mate!!

And thanks for the last second update on the ORVMs.Really jaw ripping-not dropping. Well,let me see-in dense traffic,the turning indicators can get damaged by other cars. So it is not a wise option. The grapes sour..sigh

Last edited by charthom : 28th January 2012 at 16:38.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks