Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 21:43   #361
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City i-VTEC Ownership Report - The Story So Far !

Some really good looking and handsome pictures there. Not only 8 o'clock, all the 12 hours are nice. I also liked the one with where the bull was posing. Where did you take the car for the shoot?

Now question is where do I find a good ducktail spoiler for the Scorpo?
Old 31st July 2011, 22:02   #362
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhijit,

First of all thank you very much for sharing such fabulous photographs on my thread (Lucky to have these EXCLUSIVE pics on my thread). Now I know the wait was worth as these photos are very nice. You certainly have some good photography skills. 8'O clock position is innovative. Which camera do you have?

Your car looks always great with Honda alloys and white color combination. Addition of ducktail spoiler has added the final touch. Your ride is looking awesome and sexy. I will definitely consider white color for my next car.

And you have equal right on this thread so please feel free to use it to share updates/queries and such nice snaps of your car in future also.

Last edited by bluevolt : 31st July 2011 at 22:19.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:38   #363
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

Have you all seen the new Television commercial of Honda City?

A nice TVC IMO.

I just saw the advertisement this evening on CNBC. I found that on youtube also and downloaded it. I am uploading the clip here.

EDIT - Just noted that they are featuring silver color in this ad and I guess it has been discontinued last year. Can anyone confirm if the silver color is now available?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Honda City new 2011 TV ad in India - YouTube.zip (1.53 MB, 77 views)

Last edited by bluevolt : 31st July 2011 at 22:43.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 22:51   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Awesome pictures Remington! You have clicked from some extremely good angles.
Ducktail is indeed the flavour of the season
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
cuz Cuz CUZ!
Amazing shots. the ducktail looks spectacular on your ride.
i have made notes on the 8' O clock position.
I am a huge fan of B/W pics ~ and loved your pics in Black & White.
Your ride is absolutely drool worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@RemingtonSteele,
By God-I have not seen a more gorgeous looking white car in the near past and present. Future-I am not hopeful!!Just stunned- all three of us!!Great balance between the ducktail and the nice alloys-this car has brought out the beauty and elegance of the ANHC in the most striking manner.
RS,excellent photos-so well shot under the most suitable backgrounds. The green back ground creating such a refreshing contrast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Holy moses!
That is one hot ANHC! The white is perfectly maintained and the alloys bring out the best!
The ducktail looks a nice fit. Nice photography there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Some really good looking and handsome pictures there.
Guys, I am glad you all liked the pics.
Actually I have been planning the photoshoot for long time now (BV almost left the hopes of me posting the pics ) but wasn't able to do it due to the daily rains. Today somehow it opened up for some time and I grabbed the chance.

Quote:
Just look at the beast, even he couldn't control himself and has his tongue stuck out.
Quote:
BTW,what was the buffalo doing there? Hope not Crash testing!?
Ha hha, well it happened so way that the beast owner was dragging the beast along when I was shooting. He waited for sometime and then curiously asked me what am I doing?? I again grabbed the chance and asked him to pose besides my babe.
Quote:
Now what's left, the cousins finally meeting up and the ducktail twins in one frame.
Look forward to that soon.
Drive Safe!
Yes Cuz, looking forward to meet you soon.

Quote:
Only curious about the 8 O' clock stuff-enlighten if you may.
Well its just the postion on the clock where your target is 12 and 8 is your reference position on the clock. 9 'O is 90 degree and 8 'O is obtuse angle. IMHO at this angle ANHC looks the best with perfect balance and visibility just that the shot length has to be prefect to compliment it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Btw, what seat-covers do you have on?
I am still using & utlising the default "extra premium" fabric seat covers that came with VMT. My thought if they are so premium let me use it. In my earlier car when the car was sold after 9 years the seat covers were ripped off during handover and I felt the seats were fresh as new in stark contrast to vehicle then, as they were always covered during their life time. So, this time I decided to use the default seats which also drape the extra premium fabric for the seats.

Quote:
I also liked the one with where the bull was posing. Where did you take the car for the shoot?
Thanks Abhi, I am glad you liked it.
Well, I had gone to the nearby hills of Taljai. The rains have tranformed the hill side totally.
The beast was grazing on the hills and the owners as dragging in past me during the evening hours thats when I grabbed him for the pic.

Quote:
Now question is where do I find a good ducktail spoiler for the Scorpo?
I ain't sure scorpo has a ducktail spoiler available, I guess they have the mugen lip spoiler but I am not sure if its availble as OEM in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hi Abhijit,
First of all thank you very much for sharing such fabulous photographs on my thread (Lucky to have these EXCLUSIVE pics on my thread). Now I know the wait was worth as these photos are very nice. You certainly have some good photography skills. 8'O clock position is innovative. Which camera do you have?
I am glad you like them; I always liked your pics and the way you effectively used filters and polarisers.
I had promised you that I will post it on your thread, so I had to do it
Well my camera is a old one, its Canon S3IS, but its a real good one much advanced Pre-SLR and now eying a D90 or atleast 5100 during Diwali, lets see.

Quote:
Your car looks always great with Honda alloys and white color combination. Addition of ducktail spoiler has added the final touch. Your ride is looking awesome and sexy. I will definitely consider white color for my next car.
Thanks, Now tell me when are you getting your own Ducktail spoiler ??
Well on the white colour, I chose it because all the red, blue, silver and grey have been posses by me earlier so was kind of wanting somthing new, but when I saw the Tafetta white babe I had no second thought thereafter.
Quote:
And you have equal right on this thread so please feel free to use it to share updates/queries and such nice snaps of your car in future also.
Sure, Thanks Bro.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 31st July 2011 at 22:57.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 23:18   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post

now eying a D90 or atleast 5100 during Diwali, lets see.

Thanks, Now tell me when are you getting your own Ducktail spoiler ??
After seeing yours and mdsaab's ducktail spoiler I am too tempted to get it on my Venus.

I am also planning to get a new SLR and Handycam during Diwali so have a tight budget of 60-70K to spend on these items. I have to re-plan my budget and let’s see if ducktail spoiler and Honda OEM tweeters fits in budget.
Old 31st July 2011, 23:51   #366
BHPian

Hi Abhijit!

Nice spoiler there! I like it that way, not too loud, very subtle, looks like a part of the body, not one of those hideous after market add-ons, where the spoiler actually spoils the look of the car.

And hey, I totally agree with you regarding the OE classy fabric seats. That's the reason why I have also retained the OE fabric seats for my white beauty - the SX4 Diesel ! In fact she also sports a similar kind of spoiler like the one your car has. Will post some pics soon to better illustrate my point.

Your pics have turned out great, given Taljai Hills as your background. Awesome!

OT: I used to live in Aranyeshwar too! 15 yrs..

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 31st July 2011 at 23:54.
Old 1st August 2011, 07:30   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Remington, I've already told you yours is the sweetest-looking ANHC I've seen and this spoiler and the portfolio of photographs you've posted just added another feather in your cap! Awesome stuff.

The ANHC advert that started airing recently is very good. Perfect messaging, if you ask me. A price reduction can well signal the death knell of a car brand (think Daewoo Cielo) but when positioned well, it can make the automaker look good! I think Honda has managed the latter.
Old 1st August 2011, 08:04   #368
Senior - BHPian

Taljai is an awesome place. whenever he head over to your side of town, it's mostly because we are headed there.

The Ad is nice. BV. When we were buying our ANHC. Silver was still available.
It was the Blue which was discontinued.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:44   #369
BHPian

Your white ANHC looks awesome, I particularly liked the alloys on the car and its shade. The spolier looks pretty good as well. Fit for an ad - I liked the fact that the car really stands out in the pictures. Well done! Thanks for the pictures, RS.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:08   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Enjoy!!!
Absolute beauty! Remi jee, really stunning photos of your Tafetta White Babe. As everyone has said, the spoiler really looks like the car was manufactured with it. Just today morning while driving to office I saw a Vento with a spoiler and IMHO, it did not good at all. Ofcourse, it was not a ducktail type one.

Is that Taljai? I thought that is ARAI hill. The character of the car really comes out strongly with lush green background. Great job! Enjoy!

Cheers!!
Old 1st August 2011, 11:54   #371
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics, looked just like mine. I too own the same white beauty.
Mine however comes sans the ducktail Impeccably maintained RS, you must be getting a lot of attention on the street with the spoiler.

Cheers!
Old 1st August 2011, 12:31   #372
Senior - BHPian

Sooper drool maal there Remi. I've said this on another thread and I say it now again - White looks beautiful in the rains! What pics! The ducktail adds more charcter to the car. Man, its raining ducktails on City's here .
Old 1st August 2011, 13:11   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Nice spoiler there! I like it that way, not too loud, very subtle, looks like a part of the body, not one of those hideous after market add-ons, where the spoiler actually spoils the look of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Remington, I've already told you yours is the sweetest-looking ANHC I've seen and this spoiler and the portfolio of photographs you've posted just added another feather in your cap! Awesome stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Your white ANHC looks awesome, I particularly liked the alloys on the car and its shade. The spolier looks pretty good as well. Fit for an ad - I liked the fact that the car really stands out in the pictures. Well done! Thanks for the pictures, RS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Absolute beauty! Remi jee, really stunning photos of your Tafetta White Babe. As everyone has said, the spoiler really looks like the car was manufactured with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Awesome pics, looked just like mine. I too own the same white beauty.
Mine however comes sans the ducktail Impeccably maintained RS, you must be getting a lot of attention on the street with the spoiler.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sooper drool maal there Remi. I've said this on another thread and I say it now again - White looks beautiful in the rains! What pics! The ducktail adds more charcter to the car. Man, its raining ducktails on City's here .
Thank you guys, I am glad you alll liked the pics.
Yep -I do get a lot of attention when on Pune Streets.
Thanks to mdsaab; he struck a deal (actual price 12.5K, got it for 9.5K with bill n warranty) for me during his new car purchase at Deccan Honda by claiming me to be his cousin (which I am now).

Quote:
Taljai is an awesome place. whenever he head over to your side of town, it's mostly because we are headed there.
Cuzz, next time you better buzz/meet me when this side of town.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 1st August 2011 at 13:17.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:35   #374
BHPian

Dear Remington,
Hope you do not mind asking me a few questions about these alloys. I just absolutely love these on your car. I myself checked these out today at the showroom.

Can you please confirm the exact cost of these alloys ?
My guess is 43k direct from Honda showroom. Did you get it for the same price or any other discounted price ?

Would you be having information about the broadness of these alloys.
Are these 5.5j or 6j ?

Also are these the stock standard tyres i.e 175 / 65 / R15 that came along with the car or you have upgraded the size ?

Thanx
Old 1st August 2011, 18:58   #375
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing Cuz, and ditto when your on this side of town.
I had seen the alloy's when i was at the dealership and they tempted me too.
My parent's neighbor bought a red Jazz recently. and he has the same alloys too.
I think they are around 40K or so. Can't remember now.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks