Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2011, 15:43   #1
BHPian

MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review

Hello,

I am a automobile engineering student currently in third year. I am thankful to god and parents for granting me all my wishes, well My tiny (800) which infact is a third 800 for our family was bought in September 2005 from Sai Service Andheri. Got freebies like Garware tints mats and the nick nacks.

She has done almost 36k kms in 5.5years out of which 18k kms were done by me and the rest was by my mom as this was her prime vehicle for the first 18kkms. But then she couldt drive it any longer and when i turned 18 I got Tiny was a shock to me for my 18th birthday.

Have so many memories associated with this car, My first car to have alloys and Micehllin rubber, first car to have components 4channel amp a Sub and Alpine HU.
Have experienced one breakdown due to failure of timming belt at 32kkms still wonder how can this happen on such a low mileage engine.

The List Of things done to Tiny:-
1.Replaced AC Condenser (FOC) once, fins got damaged to due mindless high-pressure washing done by service center.

2.Battery Replaced when the the OEM SF battery conked off after 2years replaced with Prestolite 35amp battery.

3.Replaced Front Bumper once cause Rickshaw banged into me when my car was parked.

4.Timming Belt with tensioner pulley and its bearings at 32kkms.

5.Clutch replaced recently at 35kkms although it had almost 10k life in it, but i cant live with imperfections in my car so got it replaced.

6.Tires replaced at 25kkms OEM tires were MRF ZVT which were bad hated it since the car was delivered. So after 4.5years of usage although tread was still there but the rubber had gone hard hence replaced them with Michellin XM1+ in stock size also upgraded to Alloys.

The car is serviced regularly and it only runs on Shell Helix 5W-40 Synthetic oil and synthetic Gear Oil from Mobil.Shes a bliss to drive in bustling traffic of mumbai the most painless and tension free car to drive and park infact.

Tiny also went throught the Mumbai floods when she was just few months old but *touchwood* nothing happened to her.

I AM IN LOVE WITH HER.

But now there is a problem I am facing, I am 6.2" and now I am finding Tiny really too Tiny for me as its getting too cramped for me to drive her, I am in No Mood to sell her and get something else cause I know I am not gonna get The same Practicality that I get from her, and not to forget the emotional attachment that I have with her.

can anyone please help me to find a solution to my problem?

Attaching a few pics of Tiny (actual pics no PS thing done)
the second last pic shows her when i got it as a gift on my 18th birthday.
Attached Thumbnails
MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review-img_3787.jpg  

MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review-img_3789.jpg  

MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review-img_3465.jpg  

MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review-img_3792.jpg  

MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review-sdc14955.jpg  

MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review-img_3790.jpg  

jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2011, 09:27   #2
BHPian

Re: MY TINY: Maruti 800 5.5year Review

111 views and no reply?

Last edited by jatinpatel : 10th January 2011 at 09:29.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:36   #3
BHPian

Mate I have read your comments, and I really like the way you have kept your car, I suggest you retain the same, you can probabally customise the front seats to go back a little more, that should give you a little more comfort. Logic is if the car suits you fine and get's you from A to B without problems, and to top it off you are found of the same, then why sell it.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

It seems nobody is interested in M800 nowadays. Your TINY looks nice with those alloys, they sort of match with the overall tone of the car black and silver.
Was your car repainted on the left side. The tone of color on the rear door looks different.
Old 10th January 2011, 09:52   #5
BHPian

Nice ride,tiny is practical and its not meant for show offs especially the ones who just burn holes into their pockets just to impress their neighbours!!! i replaced my 800 with an 800 and alto with an alto!!!!
Old 10th January 2011, 10:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

That is one of the best M-800s I have ever laid eyes on. I admire your spirit and your Tiny. Good job Jatin.

And don't worry about the silence on the thread, most folks would have been dumbfounded looking at Tiny.
Old 10th January 2011, 14:22   #7
BHPian

Hello Jatin,

I really appreciate the amount of care and love you have towards your car. She's kept immaculately.

I too own an M800 but it's a 5 speed version with 90K on the odo. Love her so much, and have tried my best to keep her in top condition. Always pamper her with the best product & spares available.

Quote:
The car is serviced regularly and it only runs on Shell Helix 5W-40 Synthetic oil and synthetic Gear Oil from Mobil.
Thanks for mentioning this. I'm also planning to switch to synthetic oil.

Quote:
Shes a bliss to drive in bustling traffic of mumbai the most painless and tension free car to drive and park infact.
Very true statement. M800 is so easy to park as well as drive in busy traffics.
Quote:
I AM IN LOVE WITH HER.
I can understand this emotion .

Please provide information about the ICE installment in your car. How much did you pay for the alloys?

Regards,
Jose.
Old 10th January 2011, 22:19   #8
BHPian

@josejoseph

thanks mate.
ICE
Alpine CDA 102E
Fronts-Coustic Components 6"
Rears-Non
Sub-MTX Audio Thunder series but its kept in small box as i like Bass to be punchy and not boomy. But have plans to replace the Sub with Mutant 10" one.
Amp-Pioneer Premier GMX**** (dont remember the model no. as its almost 8.5year old amp and still its nice and has no problems so far *touchwood* initailly this amp was used in my other car but I removed it from that and installed it in Tiny.
Front doors are damped with noisekill.
And complete GZ wirring kit used, Install done at FM Drive, Santacruz, Mumbai.

The sub was donated to me by my friend I am very thankful to him.
The HU costed 11k
Compos-2.4k (got it from UK hence cheap)
Amp-8k in I suppose in year 01 I think so.

The alloys costed me around 2200x4=8.8k
Tires XM1+ 1950x4=7.8k
So total for wheels and tires around 16k or so.

@esteem lover,drjumbo thanks for the appreciation.

@samsag 12
yes the left rear door is repainted and the miss match of paint is due to stupid Maruti A.S.S workshop in pictures it looks prominent but in reality its not that much so not worth wasting money on respraying it again.

@musicmanaman
thanks for the appreciation I thought about the idea of extending the seat rails so that seat can go back even more but the problem is if the rails are not fabricated well then sliding of the seat would be issue and another thing is no one is willing to do this kind of job.

Can anyone help me as to whom to approach for the same?

And TINY is never repainted except the door its all original paint
Old 10th January 2011, 22:36   #9
BHPian

That is a neat, loved 800. We all know that! Just take care of your parents when they get old!!
Old 10th January 2011, 22:39   #10
BHPian

@yaejay
yup mate i will they are everything to me and after them my cars come.
Old 10th January 2011, 22:44   #11
BHPian

Great! Now your parents are lucky!
Old 10th January 2011, 22:49   #12
BHPian

An Update

Today while going to college on sealink I was at around 65kmph or so and all of a sudden the speedometer just rested itself to 0kmph and stopped working and my CEL has turned On.

I hope this is just the speedometer cable issue as since last 3days i was hearing clicking sound from back of the speedometer console. The sound frequency used to increase with increase in speed so my guess is that speedometer cable started slipping and today finally decided to die.

But cant get it why the CEL has to glow up I mean the speedometer cable is completely mechanical so how come CEL came on ?

Another update is yesterday the driver side window decided not to come up, showed to mechanic he told Window winder has gone for a toss so went to Spares shop and bought MGP Window winder after hearing the cost of the winder i couldnt resist laughing my guts out. 800 is really cheap to maintain.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 10th January 2011 at 22:50.
Old 10th January 2011, 22:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Cute Tiny. Your second number plate letters look tiny and is it OK in Mumbai?
Clutch wear 30K from a future auto engineer's leg perhaps due to city ride is it not.
Keep driving.
Old 10th January 2011, 23:01   #14
BHPian

@rajeev_k
thanks. the excessive clutch wear is due to awkward driving position that i get due my height and Awsomely great Mumbai traffic

I have never been caught yet for plates and I asked the RTO also if the plates are fine or not and they said its Ok.
Old 10th March 2011, 22:16   #15
BHPian

Hello all

Just a 40k kms update after almost 5.5years of ownership.

Have planned big things for her 40k service
Switching over to Mobil 1 5w-50 from the previous Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40.
All new filters and Throttle body cleaning.

Also have planned to remove the entire intake manifold and clean it from inside out by sticking a cotton rug onto a flexble plastic pipe and cleaning all the carbon.

Also gonna try a new fuel system cleaner MAX44 lets see how all goes.

Will keep you all updated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks