Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 21:18   #121
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Safari GX 4x2 Update : Sold at 72,000 KMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

So, whats next in stores for you ?
I got a Grey Innova, ZX trim, a month ago. Just took it back after my 1000 KM first service.

Not a million reasons on the Innova ( very less choices i had in that segment and budget) and damn - it costed me 2 Mn Bucks, but ask me, i do enjoy the innova already, and testimoy is the 1000 KM's done in 12 days flat. Just enjoying the smooth and refined car.

The only area i find it lacking is the Overtaking comfort - the Safari beast used to do it like a song between 3rd and 4th gear, and it used to kind of SURGE ahead, but with this Innova, i clearly see my own driving style getting a bit more docile and gently.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 21:41   #122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I got a Grey Innova, ZX trim, a month ago. Just took it back after my 1000 KM first service.

Not a million reasons on the Innova ( very less choices i had in that segment and budget) and damn - it costed me 2 Mn Bucks, but ask me, i do enjoy the innova already, and testimoy is the 1000 KM's done in 12 days flat. Just enjoying the smooth and refined car.

The only area i find it lacking is the Overtaking comfort - the Safari beast used to do it like a song between 3rd and 4th gear, and it used to kind of SURGE ahead, but with this Innova, i clearly see my own driving style getting a bit more docile and gently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I agree!! However buying something like the Innova, for resale value, and compromising big time on driving pleasure IMO is not the hallmark of an enthusiast, but of a person who considers a car as an appliance like a mixer or a fridge.
This reply is from here

Maybe Krishna, you can pour more light on your choice which would help many understand this decision of yours as well as of few other members of Team-BHP

I am not trying to stir a debate or such, just an honest opinion [of your choice] if you wish to
Old 14th June 2015, 08:57   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This reply is from here

Maybe Krishna, you can pour more light on your choice which would help many understand this decision of yours as well as of few other members of Team-BHP

I am not trying to stir a debate or such, just an honest opinion [of your choice] if you wish to
the same member has to say this on the Storme thread....

Originally Posted by param22k
The right way for TML to do this would be to give loyalty discount to a customer if he already owns a Tata Safari.
+ 1 to this.
If only it was there, i might have well been on my way to be driving yet another Safari, albeit a Storme by now. Unfortunately, the price offerred for my 4 year GX was so shameful, and besides that, the response time or even their interest to sell me a Storme was so utterly disappointing.

I dont say this is the main reason for me to move to an Innova, but then, i did make attempts to buy a Storme, but i now drive an Innova instead.

Doesnt mean i dont like the Safari - had driven two of them, 8 years in total, and still miss it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...unched-61.html

My take:Unfortunately, the Innova does feel like a compromise.... no doubt it is a good efficient car, albeit quite expensive.

Last edited by apachelongbow : 14th June 2015 at 08:59.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:33   #124
Senior - BHPian

You are right Apachelongbow, i did "attempt" to buy the Storme. I had not even thought of any other car as a replacement. And i still stand by what i wrote there - for all you know, i might be driving a Storme for sure. And yes, it is expensive - 2 Mn Bucks for what i drive now - quite expensive indeed. And i will put my view on why i dont feel driving an innova isnt a compromise, from my perspective.

Sheel : Yes - i shall. Ofcourse, i dont want to stir a debate too, but can put my perspective. And all this hapenned after my "attempt" to buy the storme. Shall pen this soon, maybe later this evening.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 12:09   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are right Apachelongbow, i did "attempt" to buy the Storme. I had not even thought of any other car as a replacement. And i still stand by what i wrote there - for all you know, i might be driving a Storme for sure. And yes, it is expensive - 2 Mn Bucks for what i drive now - quite expensive indeed. And i will put my view on why i dont feel driving an innova isnt a compromise, from my perspective.

Sheel : Yes - i shall. Ofcourse, i dont want to stir a debate too, but can put my perspective. And all this hapenned after my "attempt" to buy the storme. Shall pen this soon, maybe later this evening.
Congrats on the new car... I am sure you will have many great journeys with her...
My grouse against the Innova, rather Toyota is, when you are charging so much, please provide the option of more power atleast.. not everyone likes to cruise between 90-100kmph and not everyone thinks of fuel economy alone. I did consider the Fortuner (for the great butch shape), but gave up after one test drive on smooth city roads, it was much too bumpy compared to my earlier GX. The reason i didn't consider the Innova was, the Aria was squarely pitted against it, and from my perspective it outdid the Innova on all fronts, if one disregarded the perceived Tata batch. Also we are a family of just 2 people and 90% of the time the car is used as a 2 seater. So it makes no sense in compromising on a MUV shape when I could get the Storme and be happy.
As I said before, if I went against my heart and chose an Innova, I would be driving a compromise for the next 3 years... purely personal viewpoint
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 12:16   #126
Senior - BHPian

Thank you.
Couldnt agree more with you Apachelongbow !. And if you had seen my post, that's the only grouse i have with the Innova. Am sure the engine can do more, can help with a 6th gear, can have a little reduced noise etc..etc..i clearly miss the joy of an overtaking manouvre - it was so comfortable with my safari, and i have now come to terms with the fact that i cant do this or even attempt it with my innova.

Else, its all good for me, even better when it comes to my wife and son. They are enjoying it every bit with the Innova. Wife is suddenly wanting to drive this much more already than she wanted to drive the Safari. I sometimes end up going to office with my wife's Brio instead, the last 4 weeks.

And yes, even on my Safari, i used to always be on the 90-110 Range most times, enjoying a wide range panoroma view thru the windscreen.
Old 14th June 2015, 22:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This reply is from here

I am one of those members who are eagerly waiting to hear from Krishna on the rationale behind his choice. Thank you Sheel for guiding me to this thread.

Quote:
Many congratulations to you Krishna . Your new car definitely deserves a new thread. Let this thread be exclusive for the Safari.

I came across this thread only today and read through it in one go. Wonderfully articulated your 4 years experience with the Safari, hats off to you for that. I still cannot fathom the reason behind you selling your Safari and going for the Innova. If you had to go for the Innova, why didn't you wait for couple of more months, when the all new 2016 Innova (with 160 BHP power and 400 NM torque) would have hit our roads? You could have also got the option of choosing a 6 speed MT or AT. You may have quite valid reasons, but very puzzling for me, unless you clarify it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks