Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 22:13   #241
BHPian

re: My preworshipped Honda Civic - Scorponok. Now with Vtec indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Friend, I am floored. Lets meet up since we move around so close by.
OT :
That's nice of you @dot, my pleasure.

I always keep an eye on the Pune meet thread, but could never make it due some or the other reason.

Let me know if you are free coming sat/sun, we can meet, and with the current weather of Pune - drizzling all the time, we can have some garam samosa and garam jalebi. There is a shop which makes this samosa and jalebis quite good and fresh and I can bring these for the meet
Old 17th July 2011, 22:18   #242
Senior - BHPian

Dot looks like you have been inspired by a certain flick running at the movies these days.
Not a bad thing at all.
Listen boss we must catch up before you leave. Its been eons. Or hey are you avoiding me? LOL! Ofcourse i am kidding mate.
Too bad the ecu thing didnt click.
But you being you. I know you will figure out a way to get it going with your own setup.
Will wish you a safe and pleasant trip when we meet.
Till then drive safe!
Old 17th July 2011, 22:20   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
OT :
I always keep an eye on the Pune meet thread, but could never make it due some or the other reason.

Let me know if you are free coming sat/sun, we can meet, and with the current weather of Pune - drizzling all the time, we can have some garam samosa and garam jalebi. There is a shop which makes this samosa and jalebis quite good and fresh and I can bring these for the meet
Same applies to me for attending the Pune meet; I could never make it till date.
Guys, let me know your meet schedule; I am willing to join you guys.
Anyway, I have to meet mdsaab also and his new glittering car :-)

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 17th July 2011 at 22:22.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:18   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder what Mr Soichiro Honda would have thought of this statement.
Sometime back, I told my wife that a friend of mine has bought a Nano for his wife. The next few lines of discussions cannot be narrated on this thread, unfortunately.
, we should meet up to discuss this further.

A small correction is called for here. The wife TDed and finalised the Nano for herself ensuring that I didnt poke my nose in the topic. I was shortlisted for the PDI and delivery as she wanted me to enjoy the famed Pandit Auto experience (and also as I was the only person who no one would miss either at work or school). So technically I brought (as against bought) the Nano home.
Aah, the joys of technicalities

bon voyage et a bientot!

Quote:
There is a shop which makes this samosa and jalebis quite good and fresh and I can bring these for the meet
Where, where??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Listen boss we must catch up before you leave. Its been eons. Or hey are you avoiding me? LOL! Ofcourse i am kidding mate.
@mdsaab, count me in too if you guys intend to meet this side of town; well anywhere actually! I am not in Pune on 19th & 20th.

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th July 2011 at 11:21.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:28   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Hey I love your City and energy. When I come to Cochin next time, we should meet.
@dot-thanks for your loving words. I am thoroughly flattered.I would love to- please do PM me when you come to Cochin next time.

The City, meanwhile is doing a faithful job. Problem is- I don't want to drive my i10 even to the ATM!!
Old 18th July 2011, 11:32   #246
Senior - BHPian

What all has been going on! Bromance, meet discussions, jalebis and Samosa's. Man this thread is one hot thread.
I happened to mention the Nano story to my wife too. Needless to say, all was not well after that. Bala, you are responsible for ruining the peace treaty in my house!
Dotty, when do you leave? Lets plan a meet before that.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:46   #247
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Glad to see you got yourself an FM transmitter. My accessories guy tried to fit one (that included Bluetooth) in my car, but it kept getting in the way when I engaged P. So dumped it.
Quote:
Edit: is the fm transmitter from Ramesh bhai?
Yes the FM transmitter was from Ramesh bhai. He charged a little premium over the price I saw in the car accessory shop next to your home. But hey, had he not vouched for it, I would have never bought it. So the little premium is justified. Noops, you can borrow mine for the next few weeks in case you need. This thing has a semi-flexible (or semi-rigid, if you look in another way) stem so it can be moved around; may not obstruct the gear lever.

Friends, after Jealousdiamond's pep talk, I am thinking of installing a sub. Having installed the sound dampeners on the front doors, the music quality of the stock system has improved so much that I dont feel the need of changing the system. However low end bass is missing. Hence the sub.

So the line from rear speakers will be taken to a line out converter. From there to a two channel amp which will power a small sub. The rear speakers will still be operational by a pass-through from the amp. I am thinking of Rockford Fosgate Prime 150 2 channel amp. Sub can be a 1000w, which can be decided later. Need your suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I wish we could, looks very tough. Lets see!

Last edited by dot : 18th July 2011 at 17:48.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:36   #248
Senior - BHPian

Ok chalo we shall let Ramesh Bhai get away with it this time.
But next time he charges a premium you definately let him know.
Letting him go because of the fantastic job he did on the VTEC indicator.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:49   #249
Senior - BHPian

Hey Dot,
Heartiest congrats on your promotion :-)
Was so engrossed with my car that I did not find the time.

Hope someday I get the patience and perseverance you have. Kudos buddy.

Cheers
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 14:20   #250
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Quote:
Let me know if you are free coming sat/sun, we can meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Guys, let me know your meet schedule; I am willing to join you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
, we should meet up to discuss this further.
Guys, as much as I would have loved to meet all of you, if looks very far stretched now. However all of you should meet to check out mdsaab's glittering new baby (actually his dad's baby, which makes the car his brother...interesting).
I will wait for the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
The City, meanwhile is doing a faithful job. Problem is- I don't want to drive my i10 even to the ATM!!
You have shelved the i10, mdsaab has shelved his Civic. What is this City doing to all of you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Was so engrossed with my car that I did not find the time.
Thanks dude. Eagerly waiting for news on the rust treatment front. Regarding p&p, you can say that I had lots of "vela" time.

Quote:
Letting him go because of the fantastic job he did on the VTEC indicator.
Absolutely. He is a great guy and I dont mind paying for great service. As you know, I was just speaking to him. He has agreed to install whatever ICE enhancements I can bring back. Not only that, he has suggested what all to buy, to couple with the OEM HU!

Last edited by dot : 19th July 2011 at 14:21.
Old 19th July 2011, 16:31   #251
Senior - BHPian

Arrey yaar its a golden beauty.
So if it has to be, will be my sister dude.
Ok one more thing.
You may be able to get those red mugen Honda badges from there. And if you manage too. Do remember this mere mortal also known as mdsaab.
Have a safe and pleasant journey. And a great time there.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:28   #252
BHPian

Quote:
You have shelved the i10, mdsaab has shelved his Civic. What is this City doing to all of you?
Too good.

Especially with the auto 'box. While driving my i10 occasionally-sometimes I hear strange racing noise from the engine with no acceleration. Only to realize that I had forget to change the gears-still on 1st gear

Too pampered with the Auto ANHC.

Hope the honey moon will last.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:33   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
While driving my i10 occasionally-sometimes I hear strange racing noise from the engine with no acceleration. Only to realize that I had forget to change the gears-still on 1st gear
The perils of being an AT convert! On the Lavasa trip last weekend, every time we completed a hairpin bend, I would reach for the gearshift and do an imaginary downshift to second gear. The second time I did it, the missus caught it and we had a hearty chuckle over it!
Old 19th July 2011, 19:53   #254
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Friends, after Jealousdiamond's pep talk, I am thinking of installing a sub. Having installed the sound dampeners on the front doors, the music quality of the stock system has improved so much that I dont feel the need of changing the system. However low end bass is missing. Hence the sub.

So the line from rear speakers will be taken to a line out converter. From there to a two channel amp which will power a small sub. The rear speakers will still be operational by a pass-through from the amp. I am thinking of Rockford Fosgate Prime 150 2 channel amp. Sub can be a 1000w, which can be decided later. Need your suggestions.
Dot I'm going to advice you not to go for that. If your upgrading then upgrade properly. After you upgrade the sub you will find after sometime that the bass is too much, and then you will want to upgrade the speakers too. But since you would have bought only a 2 channel amp you will have to buy another one.

What I suggest is that you get a powerful 4 channel amp, like the Focal Solid 4. Upgrade your front compos, and get a sub. I think you are planning on keeping the car for a while, so it makes sense. What say?
Old 19th July 2011, 20:07   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The perils of being an AT convert! On the Lavasa trip last weekend, every time we completed a hairpin bend, I would reach for the gearshift and do an imaginary downshift to second gear. The second time I did it, the missus caught it and we had a hearty chuckle over it!
@noopster- nice to note that I am not lone in the boat The first time my wife drove the Auto(that too after a gap of 1.5 years),after stopping the car in traffic,she brought the gear lever promptly to "1st gear" position(P!!) and I had to prod her each time-being no expert myself.

Most Viewed