Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 10:41   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: FIAT-Ferrari in affordable trim - My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotion

Thank you very much Reinhard,
If not for anyone else, i sure expected your reply

I had this pebble problem even in my earlier car but after some distance of driving, they would just go out by themselves.
But these tyres seems to be in love with the stones. they just don't leave them. But you are right, unfortunately we have to live with it.

Yes Germans are not so ffond of Italian cars. the germans who had come with me had VWs.
one girl had a Polo (older design) but she was not much
into cars...so not much of a discussion.
The other guy had a Passat and it was a comparision between these two cars. But Passat is a bigger car and I didn't want to go in depth
Old 18th January 2011, 11:56   #92
MCR
BHPian

Excellent pictures. You should have bought a diesel car, looking at the way you are munching miles.
Old 19th January 2011, 16:57   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

After 6100 kms, I feel my car is punctured for the first time.
I'm could not visually make out if it was really a puncture since this is my first tubeless tyre car.
but I changed the tyre just a few minutes ago as a precaution.
Me and Bhpian MCR together took 10 mins to replace. It was the fastest and easiest tyre replacement i've done till now.
The embossing mark on the car indicating the exact place for the jack sure helped. the jack was also easy to operate.

Will have to go to Iyengar's near my home for the pucture repair and nitrogen refill.

Thinking of buying a hydraulic jack sometime in the near future. Please give some suggestions for the same guys.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:33   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

4.5 months...138 days to be exact...7580kms...update

A peculiar problem.

After A new AC kit fitted, I was driving home.
I saw the time display blinking. I don't know why.
I reset the time and the blinking stopped.
Today morning I started the vehicle at 6:45am and I saw the time...It was displaying 18:23.
I pressed the menu button to reset the time and I could see only "speed beep" and "exit menu" options and nothing else

I was heading to office so I decided to check it out later at some signal.
At the next signal I tried again but I was getting the same thing.
I switched off the engine and removed the key.
I locked and unlocked with the key fob and then started the engine.
This time when I saw the menu, I could see all the options.
But the time was reset to 01-01-2007 18:23.

What might have caused this? Is there anything to worry about?
Old 14th February 2011, 13:54   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FIAT-Ferrari In Affordable Trim-My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotio

Hemanth, really wonderful thread. Unfortunate to read about your experience today. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Nice detailed writeups and excellent photographs. You really are a pro with the camera. I have booked my 1.2 Punto last week and am looking forward to crunching happy miles like you have !
Old 14th February 2011, 16:24   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FIAT-Ferrari In Affordable Trim-My Grande Punto 1.2 Emotio

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Hemanth, really wonderful thread. Unfortunate to read about your experience today. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Nice detailed writeups and excellent photographs. You really are a pro with the camera. I have booked my 1.2 Punto last week and am looking forward to crunching happy miles like you have !
Thanks. Congratulations on your choice.
This sure is a wonderful car and once we get adjusted to this, other competitors just feel boring.
Happy driving and I'm sure you'll enjoy driving this italian beauty.

Wher have you booked it from(Bengaluru or Kozhikode)? and when is are you getting the delivery?

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 14th February 2011 at 17:01.
Old 14th February 2011, 17:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4.5 months...138 days to be exact...7580kms...update

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
After A new AC kit fitted, I was driving home.
:
WOW, thats a lot of driving , im sure if you would have bought the MJD you would have clocked more kms .

Anyways , whats this "New AC kit ", could you please explain that in details .

Drive safe .

Cheers
Old 15th February 2011, 11:23   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
WOW, thats a lot of driving , im sure if you would have bought the MJD you would have clocked more kms .

Anyways , whats this "New AC kit ", could you please explain that in details .

Drive safe .

Cheers
Well...I would have clocked the same number of kms as now but i would have spent less on fuel...Presently I'm not at all stopping myself from driving just because of the fuel.
While buying my 1.2, my simple calculation was it would take 40-45k kms to makeup for the 1 lakh rupees extra for the MJD (considering petrol cost difference,mileage and also the variant of my car:I just didn't want the active or dynamic versions)
My average usage is 10-12k kms per year and it would take me 4 years to start getting profits out of a diesel car. arranging the 1 lakh for getting profits 4 years later is something I didn't feel worthy of.
Yes I think I'll easily clock 20k kms this years because of many unplanned activities involving my car. but I'll average to 50-55k kms for 4 years I feel.

The AC kit is what Fiat is replacing for all punto petrol versions following complaints from west and north India regarding the efficiency.
AC kit is what they have mentioned in the bill. Whe I asked teh service executive to brief me about the parts that are included in the "Kit", he told me that all the pipelines connected to the AC has been replaced.
Upon my questioning, he told me that the condenser is NOT replaced.
I don't know the exact parts that have been replaced.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:01   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah disappointment... Pounced on the thread but no pictures this time! Ok kidding.

I absolutely agree about your fuel calculations. Since everyone tends to think diesel saves money, we opt for diesel cars, and thats what the car makers are hoping on. The diesel variants are too costly and I feel the SDEs these days aren't really worth giving upwards of 1L for them. Get petrol of 1Lakh instead.

However, the driving experience is one thing that may have an impact too. The turbo charged diesels are tending to be much more "fun" to drive as compared to NA petrols these days. Its just about getting the priorities right when buying a car. Its individual opinion whether "Fun" is worth spending a 100 grand for...I feel not...

BTW, this AC kit thing - is it only for Petrol? My friend got an MJD 2 weeks back, and is terribly disappointed with the AC. If its just the hoses etc, I'll not tell him to rush to the TASS. I feel the compressor is what needs to be bigger probably. But then it would kill the engine a bit more...

Cheers!

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th February 2011 at 14:02.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:15   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

@reinhard
Just as i thought..I even wanted to write a line for you stating that you'd be disappointed
OT But you can see my pics from the aero india show in the link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2244217

You are right, people have their own priorities and thats why we have so many cars and so many variants in all of them.

The AC replacement is only for the Petrol versions. More on this topic can be found in the thread below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...edesigned.html

MJD owner disappointed with the AC..he must be the first one that i know. If there's really a performance problem with the AC, i think he should complain to Fiat at the least. This current replacement initiative from fiat is based on complaints. They say that complaints are only from petrol car owners and not diesel. If there are more & more MJD owners also complaining, who knows they might do it for the MJD versions as well.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:52   #101
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
The AC replacement is only for the Petrol versions. More on this topic can be found in the thread below.

MJD owner disappointed with the AC..he must be the first one that i know. If there's really a performance problem with the AC, i think he should complain to Fiat at the least. This current replacement initiative from fiat is based on complaints. They say that complaints are only from petrol car owners and not diesel. If there are more & more MJD owners also complaining, who knows they might do it for the MJD versions as well.
Yes. There is a marked difference in the AC performance, as we saw in the afternoon today. It takes far lesser time to cool the cabin now. By the way, talking of figures, can you comment on the time taken to cool the cabin, before and after the AC fix.

And when are the alloys coming?
Old 15th February 2011, 17:05   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

@MCR,
I don't think I can tell you the exact timings. The reason being that my car was bought in winter, and before the AC fix, i had hardly used the AC.
Since you have seen this afternoon...it may have taken 5-10 minutes to cool a fully heated up car. It used to take approximately 15-20 minutes earlier.
As I have said before, one thing is that after the AC fix, I cannot notice a drop in power while driving which I used to see earlier.

BTW, The alloys may come next week. Waiting eagerly for that
Old 15th February 2011, 17:08   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@reinhard
Just as i thought..I even wanted to write a line for you stating that you'd be disappointed
OT But you can see my pics from the aero india show in the link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2244217

You are right, people have their own priorities and thats why we have so many cars and so many variants in all of them.

AMAZING!! You are blessed to be in Bengaluru really...I'm envious! I wanted to be in the IAF, but due to a horrible reason - extra height - couldn't go for fighter pilot roles. Did they have the Mig-35 in there? I wish the ministry picks that one over F18/16/Rafale/EF2000/Grippen in the MRCA bids.
And now - NICE PICS! Every time I want to treat my eyes, I should simply PM you . Thanks as always. Also for the link to the post. Had missed it.

The friend took his car for checks, and it turned out to be a leaking AC! Stuff had all leaked out. Car at service station for replacement. Don't have exact details but this is the crux of the matter. So a one off...

Cheers!
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:45   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah disappointment... Pounced on the thread but no pictures this time! Ok kidding.
Reinhard, Sorry for Disappointing you again
I'll make sure you are third time lucky.

During the AC retrofit 2 weeks ago, I had complained of a slight pulling of my car to RHS, They tried to rectify but they did it a bit too much. So much so that the vehicle started pulling sharply to the LHS. I was very disappointed, then came the feedback call and i had given 4-5 rating.
This made the concorde guys to wake up and I got 3 calls in an hour from their service supervisor to the service manager. They apologised and told that they'll correct it if I can bring it the next time. I took it the next weekend and it was rectified. Now finally my car moves in a straight line.
All my jobcards till now (3) have this pulling problem entry and finally its closed.

Another update-Yesterday evening, I recieved the OE alloys that i bought from a fellow BHPian from Mumbai. I plan to get the tyres fitted hopefully this weekend. I wish no other important things creep up in the meantime.
Most probably I'll get my car a 195/60R15
Old 22nd February 2011, 17:09   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Although 1.2 is written off by majority auto experts as being a nobody, I firmly believe that this could prove to be the dark horse for Fiat by further cutting down the prices and bringing it at par with market leaders.
Drive safe.
the primary reason Fiat as a company has been written off is that the company did not cough up enough money to the automotive media. Ask any Palio owner if he really wants to part with this Italian beauty and the answer would be a straigh no. Fiat has been known to make small cars and the best at that. Agreed fiat cars also have its own share of troubles, but the company did nothing to hide it the way Hyundai has.

Had Fiat done the same as Hyundai and generated billions in ad revenues for these magazines, definitely this company would never have been written off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks